UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / New Pen Modifications

1. Hyukan
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 03:46:10

Hey guys, been wondering... why is there no section about just getting other peoples opinions on what we make. Now before you go on commenting saying "Well, there is a show off your pens section" I do realize this, and I've taken this into account, but not everyone's pen gets noticed on that part. I mean, can't we be a friendly community and not drive people out by just saying their mod is plain crap, or saying "Oh, that looks like this famous mod, therefore, it is not original." Let's be serious, this needs to be some kind of section.

2. hahakumquat
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 03:58:04

My dear Watson, the answer is quite simple. We need to be able to consider the critic's value of time. You see, if you're expecting a community that is going to help constructively criticize every mod made by every person, that community would be very tedious to go through. The SOYP section does recognize everyone's pen. I go on every once in a while to update myself on all the new mods. However, does it acknowledge every mod's existence? No. And I don't think it should. The choice as to which mods deserve recognition depends on the community's opinion for what's good. As for the flaming, that only happens when someone claims they've made a new mod. I don't see why people do this at all really because the point of the pen spinning board is not to gain fame. It's just to have fun, and I don't see why so many new people want to get famous so quickly. If the mod sucks, people just ignore it. They only criticize it when the creator is an egotistic bastard. Jk. Kinda.

3. Hyukan
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 04:00:15

LOL yes well if they are egotistic, i flame them because they deserve a good kick in the ass