UPSB v4

Tournaments & Ladders / Official UPSB Tournament 2012 - FINALS

1. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:22:24

[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"]CONGRATULATIONS TO IOTA! WINNER OF THE UPSBT 2012!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SPOILER="Full Results"] [SPOILER="1st Place"]Iota[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="2nd Place"]Alvaris[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="3rd Place"]kirua[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="4th Place"]miyat[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="5th Place"]thebloodgod JackyMacky[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="7th Place"]Pudels Kerns Vaan[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="9th Place"]Van Gland Elune sangara[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="13th Place"]Deezy enterthedarkrealm Xienix Zkhan[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] -- [SIZE="5"][B]Tournament Tree[/B][/SIZE] --
    [SPOILER="Round 7"]Iota Versus Alvaris [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Winner: Iota (3-0)"]Judge 1: Alvaris : D : 4.5/5, very hard links, several hard tricks E : 2/5, two big mistakes and one small mistake C : 3/5, lots of unusal linkages P : 4.5/5, fine => 14/20 Iota : D : 3.75/5, very hard tricks, but easy linkages E : 4.75/5, very good C : 1.5/5, Some unusual hard tricks P : 4.5/5, fine => 14.5/20 Winner : Iota. To bad the mistakes killed Alvaris's combo =/ Judge 2: Alvaris: As usual sick linkages, really stylish, but sadly this time the execution was way worse than in the previous rounds, with up to 4 quite noticeable mistakes. The difficulty of the combo overall is high (loved the first 5 secs, great complexity), but the extreme length of the tourny left both of you guys out of interesting material in comparison with some of the first rounds. Iota: Beautiful combo, such a clean execution. Good linkages, but the difficulty is a bit lower than Alvaris'. Also, the combo could have been a bit longer and could have included more difficult stuff. After analysing everything thoroughly, I'd say the winner is Iota. Congrats to both of you :) Here is the detailed scores: Ex: 2,5/4 Df: 4/3 Cr: 2/2 Pr: 2,5/3 Judge 3: Vote Iota![/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 6"]Iota Versus Alvaris [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Iota Versus Alvaris (Winner: Alvaris 2.5-0.5)"]Judge 1: Iota : E : 4.75/5, very good overall. D : 4.5/5, good links and tricks, just looked a tiny bit easier than your opponent to my eyes. C : 3.5/5, nothing really new, but a lot of uncommon stuff here P : 4.5/5, too bad you went offcam a bit => 17.25/20, great combo Alvaris : E : 4.25/5, several hesitations D : 4.75/5, very good links and tricks as usual C : 3/5, It's one of the first time i see this powerpass still, but i'm sure it'll soon be kinda common P : 5/5, perfect => 17/20, great combo too Wow, both competitors went crazy here =) As my judgement is far from being accurate enough to have a .25 point precision, if i can vote for a draw, then let it be a draw, i cannot assert that one was better than the other. However, if i have to choose a winner, then my vote will go for Iota, with lots of hesitations. Judge 2: First of all, let me say that we are seeing a great match. It's great to see how some of the rising stars from UPSB face each other pulling out some great stuff. Alvaris: Sick combo, sick linkages, really high difficulty but the execution had some flaws. That little lag in 00:07 was quite noticeable, as well as the loss of smoothness in the Triple PD RA. Despite all of that, the combo had some good sequences (great MA 24-23 and good Powerpass "extended") and the difficulty was ok during the whole combo. You didn't recycle as much stuff as in the previous rounds, and that's also good to see (even if it doesn't count for the judging). Iota: The combo looks smoother than Alvaris', but you have some uncontrolled parts especially when doing aerial tricks. The offcams aren't helping either. There are some hard sequences and some cool linkages, the difficulty is ok though is not as high as Alvaris' overall. Some of the linkages alone are hard and not as overused as some linkages from Alvaris, but the parts between those are kind of average. Despite all of this, the combo itself is quite good and we can appreciate a huge improvement through the whole tournament. So in the end, for me the winner is Alvaris. It was a really close match, but after thinking about it for a long while I decided he's the winner. Both of them know they need to pay more attention to execution, but their efforts on difficulty and using new stuff are something to appreciate. Judge 3: Vote for Alva [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 5.5"][SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]Alvaris Verus Kirua [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Alvaris Versus Kirua (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: Kirua : E : 4.25/5. The bounce at 0:08 is not well caught, but it's still goodoverall, your style is smooth. D : 4/5, very good links, a good fingerswitch. C : 2.5/5, several good ideas, as usual. Nothing really creative. P : 5/5, everything fine.=> 15.75/20 Alvaris : E : 4/5, a mistake at 0:02, impressive tempo after that. D : 4.75/5, very good. Hard tricks and links, with a perfect rythm. C : 2.25/5, Some unusual stuff, hard to evaluate. Just a bit less than youropponent =) P : 5/5, everything fine.=> 16/20 Winner : Alvaris. The results are veeeery close, but it's because of thedifficulty criteria : i do not want to give 5/5 to Alvaris as i've alreadyseen lots of harder combos, but i felt like his combos was way harder thanKirua's even if Kirua still get a good result in this criteria, so i do nothave enough "place" between 4 and 5 ^^ Judge 2: Erm.. not much comment for this two combos, both did very good job and have high level of difficulty for some linkages.Vote for Alvaris. Judge 3: This battle was a really close one. It's very interesting to watch 'cause both combos were similar in that they were both very modern intricate combos yet their styles were very different from each other. Both combos had similar execution errors but were pretty good overall and presentation was fine as well. However, Alvaris seemed to be able to squeeze in a little more content and difficulty than kirua. It seems like kirua is a little tired out from this tournament and his combo could have been better. if it were a little more difficult it would have been completely even imo. Win goes to Alvaris [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 5"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]Alvaris Versus Iota [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Alvaris Versus Iota (Winner: Iota 2-0)"]Judge 1: Alvaris vs Iota : Alvaris : E : 5/5, perfect D : 4.25/5 : Very good linkages, several good tricks C : 2/5. Some good ideas, a well-used strange wiper, but it seems that you're re-using the same concepts a bit too much. P : 4.25/5, went offcam a bit, and again, seems a bit "repetitive" even if the tricks are different, they come from the same ideas. Total : 15.5/20 Iota : E : 5/5, perfect D : 4.25/5. Alvararis's links are often better, but the trick with the wrist is nice and perfectly used, and the finisher, even though it's a very common one, add some difficulty. C : 2.5/5, Because of the wrist trick P : 4.5/5, very good Total : 16.25/20 Winner : Iota. I prefered Alvaris's combo, but it lacked a small "plus", a small thing to make the difference. Judge 2: Alvaris Overall is good, still very technical style, but some combos are too boring to watch, should try different style. Iota ( voted ) Nice execution, nice linkage, simple ending, overall is good. Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]kirua Versus miyat [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Kirua Versus miyat (Winner: Kirua 2-0)"]Judge 1: Kir vs Miyat : Kir : E : 4.75/5. Sometime, you seems a bit hesitating. But your style really fit your smoothness. D : 3.5/5, good links, good ideas. Nothing wonderfull =/ C : 2/5, the combo is well-built at the beginning, with nice ideas for the links. However, it decreases at the end. P : 5/5. Total : 15.25/20 Your combo was very "refreshing" : although there was uncommon links, it's still a very "old style combo", using shadows and stuff like that. I liked it. Miyat : E : 3.25/5, one stop (at 0:01) and one hesitation later D : 3.75/5, the links are very hard, but there's no hard tricks and the combo is so short... C : 3.5/5, very good links overall, nice ideas, even if the tricks are "common" to some extends, they are well linked and there's tons of those hard links. P : 4/5, could have been better =/ Total : 14.5/20 Winner : Kir. I really liked both combo (both more than Iota's combo, even if he has the best score ^^), kir's is a bit "old style" with bounces, shadows and backs, and Miyat is another kind of old style combo, very short but with absolutely no spam. Judge 2: kirua ( voted ) nice execution , overall is better than miyat. miyat short and simpe combo Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 4.5"][SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]thebloodgod Versus kirua JackyMacky Versus miyat [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus kirua (Winner: kirua)"]Judge 1: -Nil- Judge 2: -Nil- Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="JackyMacky Versus miyat (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: JackyMacky : E : 4.5/5 D : 3.5/5 : very hard powerpass, but the rest is quite common C : 1.5/5, an original powerpass, that's all P : 5/5=> 14.5/20 Miyat : E : 4.25/5, tempo could be better, but it's still ok D : 4/5, very good links C : 2.5/5, i've seen some very unusual links P : 4.75/5, a bit dark=> 15.5/20 Winner : Miyat Judge 2: JackyMacky best use of both hands to perform tricks,nice transition from left to right, nice execution, just need more creativity miyat (vote for this guy )overall is good, nice linkages, nice combo, ending can improve more Judge 3: JackyMacky vs miyat. Winner: miyat JackyMacky did an (almost) clean combo, with some cool ideas here and there. However, all of he did with his left hand was merely a filler and wasn't any difficult. On the other hand miyat had some great ideas, and he improved his execution, yet he's still having some noticeable mistakes. In the end, considering the overall dificulty, creativity and all of the other aspects, miyat is the winner. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 4"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]JackyMacky Versus Alvaris thebloodgod Versus Iota [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="JackyMacky Versus Alvaris (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: JackyMacky : E : 0.5 / 5, several big mistakes D : 2.75/5 : somme good tricks, but very common links, and mistakes were made on those good tricks C : 1/5, common 1p2h P : 2.5/5, somme big offscreen Too bad, the mistakes killed this combo, and it was way too long, thus there was some spam =/ It's not a bad combo itself, but at this stage of the tournament, i have to judge more strictly. => 6.75/20 Alvaris : E : 4.75/5, very good, nearly perfect D : 4/5 : very good tricks, nice finisher, lack of impressive links though. C : 3.5/5, i've seen several pretty original tricks P : 4/5, in spite of the lack of luminosity, it's very good too => 16.25/20 Winner : Alvaris Judge 2: JackyMacky vs Alvaris. Winner: Alvaris Alvaris' combo was better in any aspect. Looking at the execution, JackyMacky had some sloppy parts/transfers, and there are some noticeable mistakes. Alvaris should improve the lighting though, it makes it hard to appreciate what he does without changing the brightness parameters. Judge 3: As usual, Alvaris dazzles again with his combos. This was one of his best in terms of the execution and control. The only minor problem was the shitty lighting... Other than that, awesome difficulty and badass linkages. JackyMacky has improved in his use of 2 hands compared to previous rounds but with the unfortunate circumstances, the mistakes that were made it the comb were way to obvious. Quite possibly a 0 for execution if I were to use the wc judging scheme. 1 if a judge was kind :( . Plus overall the combos difficulty didn't come close to the difficulty of Alvaris' combos so Alva is the clear winner. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus Iota (Winner: Iota 2-1)"]Judge 1: thebloodgod : E : 4.5/5, nearly perfect D : 4.25/5, lovely links, some good tricks, too bad the beginning was way harder than the end, the same difficulty during the whole combo would have been impressive. C : 3.5/5, some very unusual links P : 4.5/5, pretty good => 16.75/20 Iota : E : 4.25/5, one very small "mistake" around 0:16 D : 4.25/5, good links, some good tricks, good finisher, but nothing absolutely amazing C : 3.5/5, several unusual things P : 4.5/5, pretty good => 16.5/20 Winner : As the difference is only by 0.25 and as my judging is not accurate enough for such a small difference to be noticeable, and if i'm authorized to vote for a draw, then it'll be a draw. If i absolutely have to choose a winner, then it'll be thebloodgod. Judge 2: thebloodgod vs Iota. Winner: Iota Close match. Both had good linkages, but Iota's were slightly better. thebloodgod's combo seemed to lost any confidence or structure between 2:18 and 2:24, it looks like he's just adding spam to the combo. Also, regarding execution, both had slight mistakes. In conclusion, Iota wins this, since he kept the difficulty and rhythm through all the combo while tbg used some flashy linkages here and there while using average linkages in the rest of the combo. Judge 3: Iota's combo was just jam packed with good stuff. I would say this form of combo structures really goes well with your littleboy-ish style. Very creative and pretty difficult. My only input is not to similar linkages close to each other or even in the same combo unless theres a good reason for it (ie, the tipped charge 14 linkages and the FL TA linkages) it felt slightly repetitive on first viewing but it didn't really affect the overall combo all that much. Other then the slightly shaky power trick section, it was too good overall. TBG's combo was kinda' weak compared to the previous rounds also due to his studies. Overall there were some good linkages at the beginning and some form of difficulty but it wasn't enough compared to Iota's combo. There were also some shaky sections and some speed issues but the biggest problem was the spam in the combo. There were around 5 instances where he used thumbcharges. So the winner for this one was clearly Iota too. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]Pudels Kern Versus kirua Vaan Versus miyat [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus kirua (Winner: Kirua 2-1)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern : E : 4/5, some little pause in the combo D : 4/5, good overall, but appart from the finisher, nothing really amazing C : 4.5/5, the particularity of the mod is not that well used, and it has been done before, but the combo itself is very creative. P : 4.5/5, nice. =>17/20 kirua : E : 5/5, perfect D : 4/5, great linkages C : 3/5, some very unusual linkages P : 4.5/5, nice => 16.5/20 Winner : Pudels Kern Judge 2: Pudels Kern vs Kirua. Winner: Kirua I tried hard to understand PK's complexity, but I can't help but thinking this time it wasn't enough. As a result of the lack of sonics and passes, the combo is quite repetitive and the structure is not complex enough, since it's basically made of a small number of tricks and some variations. Kirua didn't manage to send a good combo this time, at least compared to his previous combos, but he still shows some hard linkages (great start) and some really good sequences. I was expecting a bit more from this battle :( Judge 3: Very close match. It was very hard to see which was better. PK's combo was very original. The idea for adding something to the mod to spin it was seen before on rare occasions but the more brilliant side to it was the fact that you chose to remove the sonics and passes which are the most used tricks in a combo was just outstanding. Kirua on the other hand had a good balance of super difficult stuff and decently creative linkages in his combo. I felt i boiled down to whose execution and presentation was better. It seemed as though PK's execution was sightly worse with the minor pauses and his presentation was not as good because since he chose to remove all the sonics and passes, it was a very spammy combo backfiring on him so the winner is Kirua. EPIC MATCH [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Vaan Versus miyat (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: Vaan : E : 5/5, perfect D : 2.5/5, good linkages C : 1/5, =/ P : 4.5/5, nice =>13/20 miyat : E : 2.25/5, lots of terrible mistakes ! D : 4.5/5, some hard tricks and links, so pretty good C : 2.75/5, some unusual links and tricks P : 4/5, correct => 13.5/20 Winner : miyat. But please, work a bit more on the execution, it's hard to like a combo executed like that =( Judge 2: Vaan vs miyat. Winner: miyat Disappointing match. Vaan showed good execution and smoothness, but his combo was empty and easy. On the other side, miyat showed some insane linkages but the execution is really poor. After a long time thinking about it, miyat is the winner, because of the high complexity of his combo. Judge 3: miyat was, as usual, showing off a lot of his fancy linkages and insane difficulty. Sadly the execution problems for this combo were too big and obvious. You really have got to work on them man. it would make your intricate combos look soooo damn good. Vaan's combo was very well executed but it was expected considering how simple that combo was. It was unfortunate again (wow 3 spinners had external circumstances that cause their combos to be not up to standard) that you couldn't pump out a better combo. Sadly that freestyle is not good enough to beat such a high level difficulty combo. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 3.5"][SPOILER="Lower Bracket"] Pudels Kern Versus sangara kirua Versus Elune Van Versus Vaan miyat Versus Gland [SPOILER="Results"] [SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus sangara (Winner: Pudels Kerns 2-1)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern : E : 4.75/5, nearly perfect D : 3.75/5, nice linkages, no hard tricks, but really good overall C : 2/5, cool linkages P : 4.5/5, lack of luminosity, but still very good. => 15/20 Sangara : E : 2.5/5, one big mistake D : 4.5/5, good linkages and nice wrist spin C : 3/5, nothing new, but wrist spin well used P : 4.5/5, same than above. => 14.5/20 Pudels Kern wins, but Sangara would have won without the mistake at the beginning of the combo =/ Judge 2: PK vs sangara. Winner: sangara sangara showed a more complete and complex combo than Pudels. Pudels seemed to be quite repetitive and loses a bit of control after the aerials. Judge 3: This was a close battle. Presentation was pretty much on an even footing. Sangara's difficulty was slightly higher but pk showed a little more creativity. So the deciding factor was the major mistake sangara made in his combo that cost him the battle. Badass wristspin though [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="kirua Versus Elune (Winner: Kirua 3-0)"]Judge 1: Kirua : E :4.25/5, very good, just a small hesitation while catching the pen with 14 D : 3.75/5, good linkages and some good hard tricks C : 2/5, cool linkages P : 4.5/5, not "perfect", but very good. =>14.5/20 Elune : E :4.75/5, very good D : 3/5, some cool linkages, nothing really impressive C : 1/5, nothing really creative nor original P : 4.5/5 =>13.25/20 Kirua wins Judge 2: kirua vs Elune. Winner: kirua Both showed hard combos with a good structure, but kirua had an extreme smoothness with crazy linkages, and the result was more appealing. Elune had some good linkages as well, his combo lacked a bit of variety though. Good battle. Judge 3: Pretty clear that kirua was the winner for this one. I jsut wish elune could have submitted something better than a freestyle :(. Kirua had better links, higher difficulty and a not so spammy combo.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Van Versus Vaan (Winner: Vaan 3-0)"]Judge 1: Van vs Vaan Van : E : 4.75/5, very good D : 3/5, some good things, nothing really impressive C : 1/5, i've not seen anything P : 3.5/5 , several time nearly offscreen => 12.25/20 Vaan : E : 5/5, perfect D : 3.5/5, lack of hard tricks or really good linkages C : 1/5, nothing here too P : 4.5/5, very good => 14/20 Vaan wins Judge 2: Van vs Vaan. Winner: Vaan Close battle, but finally I'm choosing Vaan because his combo has a higher complexity. Vaan's combo is filled with subtle linkages that make the combo harder than it looks. The asynched 2p2h bit is good too, but quite simple. Van made another short combo with good linkages and good style, but this wasn't enough. Judge 3: Man, why did the 2 spinners with the most similar names have to face of with each other, it's so confusing >< Vaan's combo really impressed me in this round. It shows a lot of improvement from all his previous ones. He is getting more proficient in integrating linkages and creative stuff in your combos. The only thing was the starting 2p2h sequence was kinda useless since it was just a lot of standard spinning on that hand which didn't add much difficulty or any creativity or presentation to the synergy to the combo. Other then that, I loved it. Van's was a solid combo overall but it was outclassed by vaan's in terms of difficulty and creativity. Though the execution was better both parties had were suffering in persentation because of the offcam parts so the win goes to Vaan.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="miyat Versus Gland (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: Gland : E : 4.75/5, nearly perfect D : 4/5, very cool stuff C : 2.75/5, some creative linkages P : 4.5/5, very good => 16/20 Miyat : E : 4.5/5, sometimes a bit jerky D : 4.5/5 : nice linkages, great finish C : 3.5/5, great finish, very creative P : 4.5/5, very good => 17/20 Miyat wins. Great battle Judge 2: miyat vs Gland. Winner: miyat miyat seems to have been working on the execution, and the improvement is noticeable. Sick linkages, sick difficulty and ok execution, still a lot to improve but that's the way to go. Gland was quite average this time, though he pulled out a good combo. Judge 3: This battle was similar to Van vs Vaan but a more extreme case. gland's combo was pretty damn good combo overall with good use of links and tricks that added difficulty and flow to the combo. Execution very strong and presentation had no issues for the most part. miyat, in his typical fashion sacrificed a lot execution for a more "newage" weirdass and awesome linkages that are real creative and damn difficult which imo secures him the win since he didn't have any major presentation issues also.[/SPOILER] [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 3"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]Pudels Kern Versus JackyMacky Alvaris Versus kirua thebloodgod Versus Van Iota Versus miyat [SPOILER="Results"] [SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus JackyMacky (Winner: JackyMacky 3-0)"] Judge 1: Jackymacky's combo is way harder than Pudels' and the usage of 1p2h was cool. Pudels showed a great smoothness and some cool elements, as those spins or the aerial tricks. Winner: Jackymacky Judge 2: pudels kern nice execution, have certain difficulty jackymacky - winner smooth combo, 0:15-0:19min nice and artistic combo Judge 3: PK: Not your best combo yet. quite a fair amount of filler segments and not as creative as your previous rounds but it was well executed. Still relatively difficult Jacky: Execution could be better and the background with the bright lighting make it a little hard to see. However I can see a healthy amount of attempts to be creative and it had difficulty which gives you the win imo. Winner: Jacky [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Alvaris Versus kirua (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: Both them made great combos with hard linkages. kirua's linkages were slightly harder, but the execution looks a bit unsafe in some parts of the combo. Alvaris' execution is better though, but the finisher is weak. Finally I choose Alvaris as the winner, because the overall execution is better while the linkages are similar in difficulty, apart from managing to keep the rhythm throughout the whole combo. Winner: Alvaris Judge 2: alvaris - winner initial with nice linkages, but not a good ending for this combo kirua slow and smooth combo, but not really execute difficult tricks Judge 3: Close battle. Kirua had some cool links but alva had more and cooler links but Kirua's difficulty was higher. Though alvaris' finisher was shakey, overall kira's control wasn't very good which is why i gave the win to Alva. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus Van (Winner: thebloodgod 3-0)"] Judge 1: Van pulled out a great but really short combo with some little execution/rhythm issues. thebloodgod's combo is better in terms of difficulty, but it gets really repetitive in some parts, and the execution could be improved as well. After watching the combos over and over again I think thebloodgod wins, but that was a really close match. Winner: thebloodgod Judge 2: thebloodgod - winner nice combo, work hard on creativity Van not really an attractive combo, try more difficult tricks Judge 3: Pretty clear winner imo. thebloodgod had a harder longer combo, with better presentation and execution. Creativity was quite on even from both combos though. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Iota Versus miyat (Winner: Iota 3-0)"]Judge 1: Another close battle. Both of them had execution problems, especially miyat, and both of them made short combos. miyat's linkages were more creative and possibly harder, but the execution was worse and a 5sec spread ending gets a little bit boring. On the other side, Iota's linkages are easier, not meaning easy at all. After several minutes thinking this goes for Iota. Judge 2: Iota - winner 0:14min to ending tricks is nice, overall is good miyat bad catch at 0:08min, ending is a little bit boring, need work hard on creativity Judge 3: Both spinners had execution and spam problems but miyat's were much more obvious and worse. Even though miyat's combo was harder and more creative, those presentation and execution issues were much higher so the win goes to iota. [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]Xienix Versus sangara Deezy Versus Elune enterthedarkrealm Versus Vaan Gland Versus Zkhan [SPOILER="Results"] [SPOILER="Xienix Versus sangara (Winner: sangara)"] Judge 1: -Nil- Judge 2: Sangara - winner not sure whether the 0:13min is purposely drop it or it accidentally, anyhow, still winner Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Deezy Versus Elune (Winner: Elune)"] -Nil- Judge 2: Elune - winner good execution, sometimes out of cam, lack of creativity Judge 3: -Nil- [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="enterthedarkrealm Versus Vaan (Winner: Vaan 2-1)"] Judge 1: Vaan's presentation was horrible, he should have refilmed. In spite of enterthedarkrealm's execution problems, this battle goes for him: harder combo, better linkages, better presentation. Winner: enterthedarkrealm Judge 2: enterthedarkrealm not a very good presentation and execution, lack of creativity Vaan - winner seems like Earthquake at 0:12min, lack of creativity, bad ending Judge 3: another pretty clear winner also. enterthedarkrealm showed us a decent freestyle. but not enough for a tournament. Bad presentation and execution. Lack of creativity and difficulty. Vaan was quite smooth and had decent creativity and difficulty. That camera shake was a pain to watch though [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Gland Versus Zkhan (Winner: Gland 2-1)"] Judge 1: Zkhan still needs to improve his execution, but his linkages got insanely better. GLAND's combo was really cool too, especially that trick towards the end. Taking a look at the whole combo, GLAND's combo was made with some hard linkages put together with easy minicombos/linkages, while Zkhan's was almost completely made up of great linkages. After thinking about this for a good while, this goes for Zkhan. Winner: Zkhan Judge 2:Gland - winner nice ending trick, good execution, slower the speed will looks much better Zkhan execution and overall is fine, just lack of creativity Judge 3: Interesting battle. There were minor execution issues on both sides but Glands were more obvious. land's combo however was much more difficult because it's longer, had some difficult tricks in it and obviously the highlight near the end of the combo was insanely difficult. creativity was quite even but the presentation was slightly better on Zkhan's end which evens out with my execution comment. So Gland wins because of higher difficulty [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 2"] [LIST=1] [*]Pudels Kern Versus Vaan [*]enterthedarkrealm Versus JackyMacky [*]Alvaris Versus Zkhan [*]kirua Versus Gland [*]thebloodgod Versus sangara [*]Van Versus Xienix [*]Iota Versus Elune [*]Deezy Versus miyat [SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus Vaan (Winner: Purdels Kern 2-1)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern vs Vaan: Really close battle. Pudels creates a beautiful antigravity illusion with his style, and presents some good tricks here and there. The combo seems to be a little bit repetitive though. Vaan's difficulty was higher overall and execution was slightly better, though Pudels had some really nice subtle linkages. Both of them managed to keep their style through the whole combo, but Vaan's combo somehow was more convincing. Winner: Vaan Judge 2: Pudel Kerns – Nice flow and good execution, just the ending is not good enough Vaan – Nice difficulty, good execution, work hard on creativity Winner: Pudel Kerns Judge 3: Pudel Kerns: Nice execution. The style and the smoothness is great, and there is several good *tricks. Vaan: Good presentation, but the combo itself lack of difficulty : there is nothing particular in this combo, it looks pretty common Winner : Pudels Kerns[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="enterthedarkrealm Versus JackyMacky (Winner: JackyMacky 2-1)"]Judge 1: enterthedarkrealm vs JackyMacky enter had some execution mistakes towards the end, but his combo structure was better. Jacky managed to do some nice 1p2h transfers, but the content of the combo wasn't really hard. Winner: enterthedarkrealm Judge 2: Enterthedarkrealm – overall is good, not much difficult tricks but combo looks nice JackyMacky – The transition between hand is well played, but the ending is too sudden Winner: Jacky Macky Judge 3: enterthedarkrealm: The beginning is not very "strong", but the ending part is way better, with a nice swivel - although 00.18 looks a bit like a mistake JackyMacky : Several good linkages, and good transfers. Winner : JackyMacky[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Alvaris Versus Zkhan (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: Alvaris vs Zkhan: Both of them had great linkages but Alvaris' control and execution was better. Higher smothness as well. Zkhan had some good linkages though, but he was lacking a bit of control. Winner: Alvaris Judge 2: Alvaris – Nice combo, work hard on creativity Zkhan - smooth, not much difficult tricks, but combo is too simple Winner: Alvaris Judge 3: Alvaris : It's a bit dark, but it's a nice combo : the flow of the pen is very good, and there is several hard tricks & linkages. Zkhan : Nice smoothness too, several good linkages, but a lack of difficult trick - no real finish at all. Winner : it's very tought, but my vote goes for Alvaris [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="kirua Versus Gland (Winner: Kirua 2-1)"]Judge 1: kirua vs GLAND Great battle. While GLAND's combo is smoother and slightly better executed, kirua's complexity is way harder than GLAND's. GLAND pulled out some good linkages, but the overall structure of kirua's combo is better. Winner: kirua Judge 2: Kirua- nice execution, overall is good and tidy combo, nice ending Gland- nice combo but presentation not that good, spun too fast, some tricks hardly see it Winner: Gland Judge 3: Kirua : nice style, nice finish, nice tricks... Nice combo ! Gland : Very good execution, and lots of hard & creative tricks ; 00:05 is impressive.Winner : very, very hard to decide. It's a pain to have to choose a winner. If draw are authorized, it'll be a draw. If i'm forced to choose someone, my vote will go for Kirua : his combo looks easier, but more effectiveness - every trick look well-chosen.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus sangara (Winner: thebloodgod 2-1)"]Judge 1: thebloodgod vs sangara Sangara's smoothness is really beautiful, but there are some execution mistakes (00:13 >.<) that spoil the combo. TBG kept a constant style and presented a better execution, while keeping a good level of difficulty. Winner: thebloodgod Judge 2: Thebloodgod – nice combo and nice execution, not much creativity Sangara – overall is fine, just simple ending Winner: Sangara Judge 3: thebloodgod : very strong. I like the way you link some uncommon tricks without loosing any speed. sangara : Pretty cool effortless style, some little mistakes and a lack of strong tricks - althouth there are some. Winner : thebloodgod[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Van Versus Xienix (Winner: Van 2-1)"]Judge 1: Xienix vs Van This battle was harder than expected. Van's breakdown was better than Xienix', but the ending was out of control. On the other side, Xienix' execution was stable, but the difficulty of the combo was lower. After deliberating for a long time, Van's the winner. Judge 2: Van – combo is fine, not really can see ending trick Xienix – combo is fine, just lack of creativity, Winer: Xienix Judge 3: Van : Correct combo, but nothing very impressive, and the finish could have been better. Xienix : strong links at the beginning, but the combo ends fastly, it's a bit too short Winner : it's tought, but Van's combo was harder. A badly-done finish is still better than a simple double bust.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Iota Versus Elune (Winner: Iota 3-0)"]Judge 1: Iota vs Elune Iota was clearly superior in every aspect. Elune pulled out a good combo but it's lacking some good execution. Winner: Iota Judge 2: Iota- nice and creative combo, kinda smooth, 0:12 is transition of combo Elune- beginning combo is fine, 0:16min bad execution, simple ending Winner: Iota Judge 3: iota : Nice swivels ! Although they seem a bit repetitive at the end of the combo, they are well done. Elune : good execution... Before the last part of the combo, which looks like a failed rex trick. The rest was fine though. Winner : iota[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Deezy Versus miyat (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: Deezy vs miyat: Deezy had a nice combo in general terms, but miyat's creativity and complexity was insane. miyat should work on his execution though, clearly his weak spot. Winner: miyat Judge 2: Deezy – initial with a smooth combo just 0:14min is looks like stuck Miyat – nice combo, 0:09min is nice, ending seems like drop, but it’s not Winner: miyat Judge 3: Deezy : Lovely linkages, smoothness could have been better. Miyat : Terrible lack of smoothness, but lots of nice tricks. I liked the finish. Winner : Miyat[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [/LIST] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Qualification Round"] [LIST=1] [*][B][COLOR="red"]Yamaguchi[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Xienix[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]enterthedarkrealm[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]fang[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]eazi-penspinner[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]thebloodgod[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Alvaris[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Dudak[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Zkhan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]DArKT[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]DrakeOhMeteor007[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Vaan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Ash[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]JackyMacky[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]MRYangYang[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Gash[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Dris[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Gland[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Van[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Vassenato[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]JumBoPS[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PrettyPonyMan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Deezy[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Ventus[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PenVirus[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PalvinS[/COLOR][/B] [*][B][COLOR="red"]kirua[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Noblesse[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Elune[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]2ne[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]chris[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]hahakumquat[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Saurkk[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Monohex[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]wotu1[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]flame sivics[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Cyan[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Pudels Kern[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]~blast~[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]LSP.SSS[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Joemoe1013[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Kiyo[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Iota[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Scott Shaputis[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Tomohiro[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]miyat[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]sangara[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Nashi[/COLOR][/B] [/LIST] [SPOILER="Results"] Judges were only asked to judge the best 22 combos. [LIST=1] [*]Pudels Kern 31/40 [*]thebloodgod 30.25/40 [*]Iota 30.2/40 [*]Alvaris 29.63/40 [*]kirua 29.5/40 [*]Deezy 28.87/40 [*]Van 28.2/40 [*]enterthedarkrealm 27.75/40 [*]JackyMacky 27.13/40 [*]Xienix 26.75/40 [*]miyat 26.13/40 [*]Gland 26/40 [*]Zkhan 26.5/40 [*]Elune 24.75/40 [*]sangara 24.7/40 [*]Vaan 24.5/40 --- [*]Kiyo 24/40 [*]Saurkk 22.375/40 [*]~blast~ 21.25/40 (The rest below got judging from only 1 judge) [*]LSP.SSS 26/40 [*]PenVirus 25.5/40 [*]DArKT 23.5/40 [*]Cyan 23.5/40 [*]Nashi 23/40 [*]Yamaguchi 22/40 [*]Chris 22.5/40 [*]Noblesse 21.5/40 [*]MRYangYang 20/40 [*]Tomohiro 19/40 [*]eazi-penspinner 17.5/40 [/LIST] The rest of the combos were not judged [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] --- Hi Everyone, The UPSB tournament is back! The aim of this tournament, like the previous one in 2010, is to train spinners for the WT13 (Targeting the spinners that did not make the cut for the WC12 team or rising spinners that are close to but not yet at the WT/WC standard yet). This tournament will have a similar format as the UPSBT2010 to maximise the number of battles between each participating spinner has. The top few spinners will be highly considered when it comes time to pick participants in WT13. [SPOILER="Rules and Format"] [B]Tournament Format[/B] This will be a double elimination tournament meaning that the spinners will need to lose twice to be lose the tournament. There will be 2 brackets, the upper bracket and the lower bracket. When a spinner loses his/her battle, he/she will be knocked down to the lower bracket. Spinners in the lower bracket will have twice as many battles as the spinners in the upper bracket. and there will be a 3 week break for the winners of the upper bracket to accommodate the 2nd battle of the lower bracket. The tournament tree can be found here. [B]Qualification Round[/B] Each spinner that signs up will have to submit a qualification video. The judges will rank each combo and the top 16 will qualify. Judging for this round will be 2 weeks. [B]Round 2[/B] Spinners will be seeded and matched up according to their rank in the qualification round (1st versus 16th, 2nd versus 15th). This means that the tournament tree is already set up. [B]Round 3[/B] Upper Bracket: The 8 winners of the previous round will move on to this bracket. Losers will move on to round 3.5 and winners will have a 3 week break whilst round before progressing to the winners bracket of round 4. Lower Bracket: The 8 losers of round to will be knocked down here. Winners will move to round 3.5 and the losers will drop out of the tournament. Round 3.5 This is an additional round in the lower bracket. Here the 4 losers from the upper bracket and the 4 winners from the lower bracket will battle to move on to round 4 in the lower bracket. [B]Round 4[/B] Upper Bracket: The 4 winners from the upper bracket battles will move on here and battle it out here. Lower Bracket: The 4 winners from round 3.5 will progress here. Round 4.5 The 2 spinners that will be knocked out of the upper brackets and the 2 spinners that win the the lower brackets will duel here to move on. [B]Round 5[/B] Upper Bracket: The 2 spinners that survives in the upper brackets of round 4 moves on here. Lower Bracket: The 2 spinners that survives round 4.5 of the lower bracket will progress here. Round 5.5 The loser of the upper bracket will battle against the winner of the lower bracket to move on to round 6. [B]Round 6[/B] The final battle between the consistent winner moving through the upper bracket and the spinner that has been slugging it out in the lower bracket will meet here for the final battle. [B]Schedule[/B] Each round (excluding the qualification round) will have 2 weeks of filming time and 1 week of judging time. It will run along the same time as the WC12. (Dates will be changed accordingly)
    Qualification round Videos Submission: 23th January (12PM PST) Round 2 Round Starts: 17th February Round Ends: 5th March
    Round 3 Round Starts: 12th March Round Ends: 30th March
    Round 3.5 Round Starts: 9th April Round Ends: 25th April
    Round 4 Round Starts: 5th May Round Ends: 21th May
    Round 4.5 Round Start: 30th May Round Ends: 15th June
    Round 5 Round Starts: 19th June Round Ends: 5th July
    Round 5.5 Round Start: 14th July Round Ends: 31st July
    Round 6 Round Starts: 9th August Round Ends: 25th August
    Round 7 Round Starts: 5th September Round Ends: 23rd September [B]Final Results: 2nd October[/B]
    [B]Video Format[/B] Videos should be between 10 and 25 seconds. Videos should be new material (previously unreleased). Videos should preferably uploaded to Youtube. PM me the youtube link, download link or attachment. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Sign-Ups"] Preferably only UPSB members can sign up. However, If you aren't a UPSB native, feel free to sign up. This rule may change depending on when the turn out. Please post here if you are interested to join. You will be required to submit a new video for the qualification round by the 23rd January (The combo has to be new content as well). [B]Sign Up List[/B] (Red/Bold means that the video has been submitted.) [LIST=1] [*][B][COLOR="red"]Yamaguchi[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Xienix[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]enterthedarkrealm[/COLOR][/B] [*]Ivabra [*]esp [B][COLOR="red"][*]fang[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]eazi-penspinner[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]thebloodgod[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Alvaris[/COLOR][/B] [*]mapjay [*]spinford [*]dat [COLOR="red"][B][*]Dudak[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Zkhan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]DArKT[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]DrakeOhMeteor007[/B][/COLOR] [*]Koza [*]Tidus [*]TheAafg [*]exclusive [*]Gisele 8 [B][COLOR="red"][*]Vaan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Ash[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]JackyMacky[/COLOR][/B] [*]M@V3R1CK [B][COLOR="red"][*]MRYangYang[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Gash[/COLOR][/B] [*]hayaku [*]Escorpio123 [B][COLOR="red"][*]Dris[/COLOR][/B] [*]GigaByte [*]Vergil [*]greenman11 [*]Kionz [B][COLOR="red"][*]Gland[/COLOR][/B] [*]Fx [*]Zowie [COLOR="red"][B][*]Van[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Vassenato[/B][/COLOR] [*]bubbles [B][COLOR="red"][*]JumBoPS[/COLOR][/B] [*]Mats [B][COLOR="red"][*]PrettyPonyMan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Deezy[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Ventus[/COLOR][/B] [*]bonzin [B][COLOR="red"][*]PenVirus[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PalvinS[/COLOR][/B] [*]iMove [*][B][COLOR="red"]kirua[/COLOR][/B] [*]darkblue [B][COLOR="red"][*]Noblesse[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Elune[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]2ne[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]chris[/COLOR][/B] [*]Megax [*]Far [*]Reason [B][COLOR="red"][*]hahakumquat[/COLOR][/B] [*]Chobi [COLOR="red"][B][*]Saurkk[/B][/COLOR] [*]catfish [*]iFL [B][COLOR="red"][*]Monohex[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]wotu1[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]flame sivics[/COLOR][/B] [*]Yanos [*]Wish [*]Xound [COLOR="red"][B][*]Cyan[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Pudels Kern[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]~blast~[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]LSP.SSS[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Joemoe1013[/COLOR][/B] [*]Dark Nite [B][COLOR="red"][*]Kiyo[/COLOR][/B] [*]Ricercar [B][COLOR="red"][*]Iota[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Scott Shaputis[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Tomohiro[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]miyat[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]sangara[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Nashi[/COLOR][/B] [/LIST] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Judging"] [B]Judging Scheme[/B] Judging in this tournament will be through justifications and voting not points system to give spinners a better idea on what they need to improve on. Judges will have to consider every aspect of pen spinning EG. execution, difficulty, creativity, overall presentation, variety, combo structure and overall impression. [B]Judges[/B] We need judges, PM me if you are interested in being a judge. Judges must be good at analyzing combos, responsive to PM's and able to submit their results on time. Judges will remain anonymous. Judges will be from other forums [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Prizes"] 1st place prize - 1 year premium membership + Modding bag 2nd place prize - 6 months premium membership + Modding bag [/SPOILER]

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:25:18

When will this be held? (sorry if i missed something) Scared that it'll clash with WC a bit.

3. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:25:25

/in

4. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:28:35

/in

5. entertdr
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:29:54

interesting tournament tree :D /in

6. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:43:01

Krispy Kreme wrote: When will this be held? (sorry if i missed something) Scared that it'll clash with WC a bit.
    It'll be held alongside the WC. I'm hoping that it'll alternate with the WC schedule also so the exact dates are still tentative. This tournie is to train rising spinners that are close to but not at the WT/WC standards yet and those who didn't make this years team and and. I forgot to add that to the first post :p Thanks for pointing it out.

7. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:44:47

/in ^^ (I hope you consider me as a "native" UPSB spinner now.. =p)

8. esp
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:01:36

/in

9. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:18:16

/in as competitor if my predicted scenario does not play out /in as judge if things go as expected :)

10. fang
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:27:39

I'll be in, even though I am going to lose anyway!~

11. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:35:11

/in ........ edit : damn i have to submit a vid >.<

12. thebloodgod
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:37:55

/in

13. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:40:05

thebloodgod wrote: /in
    GG, we're all doomed /in

14. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 12:44:19

/in if i miss WC

15. mapjay
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 14:08:18

Pen Ninja wrote: /in if i miss WC
    now we're doomed... /in hope this will motivate me...

16. spinford
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 14:20:31

in

17. dat
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 14:52:03

/in

18. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 15:18:18

So if I see that right, there will be 16 spinners? Do you select them by their qualificationvideos, if there are more than 16 applications? @Hippo2626

19. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 17:16:38

Not going be in although I'd love to. =/ The schedule totally denies me. :(

20. Dudak
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 17:19:10

/in

21. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 17:52:44

/in

22. Wind
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 18:26:35

/in as a spinner.

23. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 18:44:54

Yeah...il better try this out...till february ill improve a lot,so... /in

24. Raos
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 18:47:33

/in hopefully this motivates me like taking steroids

25. Soren
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 18:52:01

i.suk, ivabra and thebloodgod have signed up, this will be an interesting tournament

26. King
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 19:23:46

/in

27. Koza
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 19:25:47

@Hippo2626 Count me in on this.

28. Tidus
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 20:11:47

/In !!!

29. Raos
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 20:30:08

what happens if you already got prem?

30. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 21:23:56

/in might as well give it a shot.

31. iColor
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 21:30:49

I was in the last one, why not. /in

32. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 21:33:14

/in lol hope its ok

33. Raos
    Date: Sun, Nov 20 2011 21:40:36

when is the sign ups over?

34. Gisele 8
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 00:06:25

might be in, thinking about it mm

35. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 00:37:15

/in

36. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 00:51:32

Nashi;151963]So if I see that right, there will be 16 spinners? Do you select them by their qualificationvideos, if there are more than 16 applications? @Hippo2626[/QUOTE] Out of all the submissions only the top 16 will make it to the next round and then they'll be ranked from 1st to 16th. [QUOTE=DrakeOhMeteor007;152010]what happens if you already got prem?[/QUOTE] You'll get to extend you're prem membership by the respective amount. =/ [QUOTE=DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: when is the sign ups over?
    Sign ups and video submissions will end on the 6th February (still not confirmed yet.) This date might change depending on the WC schedule but it'll be be around that date.

37. Ash
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 01:09:04

/In

38. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 01:19:08

/in Let's do this! :lol:

39. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 01:44:43

/in

40. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 02:11:41

I'm in hippo /in

41. Gash
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 02:28:53

/in Hi :D

42. hayaku
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 03:52:50

if can /in for me. O_o

43. darkblue
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 04:25:01

I wan join the UPSB tournament my spinner name is Darkblu3

44. darkblue
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 04:28:20

/in i would like to join my spinner name is Darkblu3

45. Raos
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 05:05:33

@Hippo2626 how is the 1vs 16 system fair? If they are already ranked then number 1 will have a better chance of winning the 2nd round

46. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 05:21:19

I read the whole thing, I like the format, good job whoever did it ;). /In. remind us please :P Time to face @eazi-penspinner again :).

47. Dris
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 05:44:29

/in? If I may. XD Just to spin against people striving to get better.

48. Twine
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 06:02:57

/in for if I'm /out of WC

49. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 06:34:11

i think . /in then

50. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 08:57:03

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: @Hippo2626 how is the 1vs 16 system fair? If they are already ranked then number 1 will have a better chance of winning the 2nd round
    that's the whole point, you don't want the pro spinners to face each other until later rounds

51. Galax
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 09:34:16

how do i submit my video? nvm..i'm in /in

52. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 11:16:47

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: @Hippo2626 how is the 1vs 16 system fair? If they are already ranked then number 1 will have a better chance of winning the 2nd round
    What i.suk said. If you look at the tournament system, the No. 1 and 2 top seeded spinners will only meet in the finals of the winners brackets (Assuming they win all their battles). It also sort of rewards those that works harder in the qualification rounds like in the WT where the top spinner of each group will face of the weakest member of another group.

53. Galax
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 12:52:38

i think i better dun join i am still not ready yet..so put me out..i join again nextime

54. Vergil
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 13:53:29

/in

55. Greenman
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 17:22:51

/in

56. Kionz
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 02:02:09

/in Kionz

57. Gland
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 09:37:03

/in

58. Fx
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 09:47:28

/in

59. Zowie
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 20:03:51

/in

60. Xienix
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 20:06:21

@hippo do we have a noob round to? (for the spinners who didn't made it in the 1st round)

61. Van
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 22:59:12

/in for the lulz

62. Quake
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 00:12:39

dang. this is gonna be huge O.O heh id like to join but too busy atm. guess ill wait til next year > :^D

63. Gash
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 00:15:47

DJSpin wrote: dang. this is gonna be huge O.O heh id like to join but too busy atm. guess ill wait til next year > :^D
    You'll regret saying this. The end of the world is around the corner so you should might as well join.

64. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 01:08:16

Xienix wrote: @hippo do we have a noob round to? (for the spinners who didn't made it in the 1st round)
    Nope.

65. Quake
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 01:16:28

Gash wrote: You'll regret saying this. The end of the world is around the corner so you should might as well join.
    heh believe what you like. :) i dont believe in that tho.

66. Vassenato
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 03:08:52

/in LETS DO THIS SHIT

67. bubbles
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 05:51:57

/in

68. JumBoPS
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 11:55:39

in

69. Nadhif
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:31:01

/in

70. thebloodgod
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:39:49

Nadhif wrote: /in
    nice...all hope is gone <_<

71. 34rryy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:40:09

/in

72. PrettyPonyMan
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:51:47

/in lol im screwed

73. Deezy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:57:44

/in

74. Ventus
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 19:02:02

/in

75. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 23:55:42

[QUOTE="thebloodgod"]nice...all hope is gone [/QUOTE] Chyeah, that says the right person. lol

76. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 00:31:10

The schedule has been finalised. [SPOILER="Schedule"]

Qualification Round Videos Submission: 23th January Round 2 Round Starts: 6th February Round Ends: 20th February
    Round 3 Round Starts: 27th Febuary Round Ends: 12th March
    Round 3.5 Round Starts: 19th March Round Ends: 2nd April
    Round 4 Round Starts: 9th April Round Ends: 23rd April
    Round 4.5 Round Start: 30th April Round Ends: 14th May
    Round 5 Round Starts: 21st May Round Ends: 4th June
    Round 5.5 Round Start: 11th June Round Ends: 25th July
    Round 6 Round Starts: 2nd July Round Ends: 16th July
    [B]Final Results: 23rd July[/B]
    [/SPOILER]

77. bonzin
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 08:16:39

/in

78. Vaan
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 09:31:15

wow. almost 50 spinners signed in

79. PenVirus
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 10:30:49

/In yeah.

80. PalvinS
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 10:36:58

/In.

81. iMove
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 10:45:09

/in

82. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:23:31

woah 6 months just to finish UPSB Tournament 2012. Well at least spinners who proceed to later rounds have plenty of time to practise and learn :)

83. kirua
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 14:16:24

/in if I am allowed to =)

84. Nadhif
    Date: Thu, Nov 24 2011 15:03:18

I canceled registering on this event! /out/cancelled.

85. darkblue
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 07:59:35

/in darkblu3

86. Noblesse
    Date: Sun, Nov 27 2011 17:26:09

/in

87. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 28 2011 02:03:29

In as a judge, if you're looking for judges?

88. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 12:32:54

/in. if im not in the WC. BRING IT ON UPSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but hippo. you arnt competing? we need to have anotehr rematch x)

89. Elune
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 12:58:58

/in with desperation

90. SuiXidaL
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 13:04:57

/hi

91. 2ne
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 14:19:38

in.. I'd be suprised if I win TT.TT or even get passed in the qualification round.

92. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 23:32:43

Small update. I'll be finding judges outside of UPSB to judge this tournament.

neoknux_009 wrote: but hippo. you arnt competing? we need to have anotehr rematch x)
    And no even If I'm don't make the WC team. we will definitely have our rerematch someday. ;)

93. chris
    Date: Thu, Dec 1 2011 00:27:50

/in I'll do my best even though I know I don't stand a chance ^^

94. Megax
    Date: Fri, Dec 2 2011 08:21:05

/in

95. Far
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 05:03:45

Gonna try a little, /in

96. PenVirus
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 11:11:08

@Hippo2626 hey.. I /inned but why am I not on the list? :/

97. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 11:48:07

PenVirus wrote: @Hippo2626 hey.. I /inned but why am I not on the list? :/
    Sorry I added it in already.

98. Reason
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 21:50:52

/in (yay...)

99. hahakumquat
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 22:28:57

inninininin

100. sangara
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 22:48:19

How did I not see this? /in

101. Red Zone
    Date: Mon, Dec 5 2011 00:15:32

can't wait to watch this

102. Chobi
    Date: Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:15:16

/in!

103. Quake
    Date: Tue, Dec 6 2011 01:09:04

lookin at those who signed up, this is gonna be insane O.O

104. Legion
    Date: Thu, Dec 8 2011 01:34:09

/in and ready to lose!

105. crinix
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 14:52:16

My motivation is almost dead for penspinning but anyway I'll try. /in

106. Saurkk
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 21:18:58

in/ sure!

107. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 22:04:43

Why are you not just using a Swiss system for this btw? :S

108. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Dec 10 2011 04:11:21

Mats wrote: Why are you not just using a Swiss system for this btw? :S
    i just took the same format as the one back in 2010. I think it has a closer resemblance to the current wt format. Maybe next time we could try the Swiss system if people like it more.

109. Mats
    Date: Sat, Dec 10 2011 04:21:14

Swiss system is used by Chess/Scrabble/Magic The Gathering Tournaments here (all the tournaments I ever play in). It is a great system.

110. catfish
    Date: Thu, Dec 15 2011 23:37:27

in

111. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 00:31:43

When the hell does this start and do we need to send a qualifying vid?

112. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 06:39:52

Mats wrote: When the hell does this start and do we need to send a qualifying vid?
    The details are ll on the first post. Qualification videos are required and they are due on the 23rd January

113. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 07:17:49

Does this need to be a fresh combo, or can we submit something we have used already?

114. iFL
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 07:44:12

/in. I think I won't qualify. Anyways it's worth trying.

115. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 07:46:16

72 sign ups and people like i.suk, Kirua and Pen Ninja in. Qualifying will be impossible for you ifl.

116. Xienix
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 17:08:09

Mats wrote: 72 sign ups and people like i.suk, Kirua, Xienix and Pen Ninja in. Qualifying will be impossible for you ifl.
    that's better :P

117. Van
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 17:09:38

@Mats but all those pro-pros are most likely to be in the WC =D

118. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 17:40:39

Xienix;160028]that's better :P[/QUOTE] :rofl: [QUOTE=Van wrote: @Mats but all those pro-pros are most likely to be in the WC =D
    Can you not be in both?

119. Monohex
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 21:56:03

/in

120. Van
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 21:56:30

@Mats the WC spinners are not in this tournament

121. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 22:17:27

Van wrote: @Mats the WC spinners are not in this tournament
    Where is the rule stating you cannot be in both?

122. Van
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 22:33:30

Hippo2626 wrote: Hi Everyone, The UPSB tournament is back! The aim of this tournament, like the previous one in 2010, is to train spinners for the WT13 ([B]Targeting the spinners that did not make the cut for the WC12 team or rising spinners that are close to but not yet at the WT/WC standard yet)[/B]
    @Mats

123. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 22:35:42

Van wrote: Stuff
    I am aware it says 'targeting the spinners that did not make the cut for the WC12 team', but it does not specifically exclude them; There is no rule preventing them.

124. Van
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 22:37:42

:hmm: i guess so... but if they get accepted in the WC do u think they would waste material on this when the WC is basically going on at the same time?

125. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 22:43:05

Van wrote: :hmm: i guess so... but if they get accepted in the WC do u think they would waste material on this when the WC is basically going on at the same time?
    Well they would have good odds of being UPSB Champion and the UPSB world cup team are not going to win 1st.

126. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Dec 19 2011 03:48:09

Crap, there's a lot of people signing up. T~T

127. wotu1
    Date: Tue, Dec 20 2011 03:43:48

/in Well, its worth a shot lol

128. flaming oracle
    Date: Thu, Dec 22 2011 07:36:24

/in hahah time to pull out some power tricks

129. Yanos
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 14:07:25

/in

130. Wish
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:38:15

/in

131. Xound
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:59:03

/in try lol

132. Cyan
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 00:58:28

in

133. King
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 06:08:14

So is the submission just one combo? Or is it a small solo video.

134. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Jan 5 2012 10:17:28

King wrote: So is the submission just one combo? Or is it a small solo video.
    1 combo

135. Pudels Kern
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 00:20:35

/in I need more free premium =P btw when is the due date for the qualification round? there are two different dates in the first post. Schedule says January 23rd but under sign ups it says February 6th. @Hippo2626

136. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 00:29:43

Pudels Kern wrote: /in I need more free premium =P btw when is the due date for the qualification round? there are two different dates in the first post. Schedule says January 23rd but under sign ups it says February 6th. @Hippo2626
    Crap how could I not have noticed that after all this time. The due for the qualification vids will be on the 23rd Jan. 6th February is the start of round 2. Sorry

137. ~blast~
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 07:10:45

/in where should i send my video to? @Hippo2626

138. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 07:13:08

~blast~ wrote: /in where should i send my video to? @Hippo2626
    PM me the YT or DL link

139. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 08:10:52

Hippo2626 wrote: Crap how could I not have noticed that after all this time. The due for the qualification vids will be on the 23rd Jan. 6th February is the start of round 2. Sorry
    I thought it was February 6th... :O you should tag the spinners and tell them when the due date is..

140. LSP.SSS
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 16:11:09

/in SSS

141. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 00:04:56

[SPOILER="Mention's List"]@LSP.SSS[/SPOILER] I made a mistake in the first post. Sorry Qualification Round Submissions are due in 14 days time. 12pm PST 23rd January

142. Joemoe1013
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 01:52:06

/In

143. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 02:47:11

Hippo2626 wrote: I made a mistake in the first post. Sorry Qualification Round Submissions are due in 14 days time. 12pm PST 23rd January
    Ty for the update. (sun)

144. Dark Nite
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 03:38:43

-in

145. Kiyo
    Date: Tue, Jan 10 2012 17:04:00

definitely /in The chance to qualify myself is rather low, but let's see ;) Btw: Are we allowed to upload a new (never released before) clip and use it for a collab or something later on?

146. Wind
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 06:28:22

I'm going have to drop out. I'm already in the Team Tournament and school is already holding up a lot of time. I wouldn't have time for this. ><

147. Legion
    Date: Fri, Jan 13 2012 22:51:52

/out

148. darkblue
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 11:00:51

ERm i wanna ask uplaod at where and send the video to who??? reply thanks :D

149. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 11:30:53

@darkblue upload to a site like mediafire then send it to Hippo2626, or just upload it on youtube and send it to him

150. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 11:48:38

/out. focusing on wc.

151. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 13:40:34

neoknux_009 wrote: /out. focusing on wc.
    Gaybo Jones. Why can't you do both like i.suk is?

152. Elune
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 13:50:33

Everyone's not the same =.=" Let him do what he wants xD

153. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 23:59:10

I discussed this with the WC team and I'll be banning any of them from participating in this tournament.

154. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 00:00:27

So also Ivabra and Gisele and other guys who participate in the WC but are not in our team?

155. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 00:04:21

that'll be up to them. I'm only banning the UPSB team.

156. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 01:16:48

Hippo2626 wrote: that'll be up to them. I'm only banning the UPSB team.
    Why arent you banning those who are from different boards?

157. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:09:04

'Cause it's not really our business whether the members from the other boards wanna' participate in this as well :/. They'll probably also not participate in this anyways. However, you can say it's the group decision for all the WC team members to focus on the wc

158. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:19:47

Hippo2626 wrote: that'll be up to them. I'm only banning the UPSB team.
    Ridiculous. I don't see why they should not be allowed to participate, especially if they can literally spend 5 minutes filming a freestyle for this and still have a chance to win.

159. Iota
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 09:47:42

Yeah, if you're banning UPSB's best and still choosing to hold the "UPSB Tourney" at the same time as the world cup, it's a total misnomer. Rename it something like Intermediate/Semipro Tourney, or whatever you feel best conveys the idea of a tourney for those who didn't quite make the cut or are looking to prove themselves for WT13. If you do that, I guess I wouldn't feel so bad about trying out for it :/

160. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 09:54:44

If you guys check the first post, this tournament was initially supposed to be for the slightly weaker but not the best spinners of UPSB. and it's not like I didn't check with them before making this decision, they were all fine with it.

161. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 09:57:39

Iota wrote: Rename it something like Intermediate/Semipro Tourney, or whatever you feel best conveys the idea of a tourney for those who didn't quite make the cut or are looking to prove themselves for WT13. If you do that, I guess I wouldn't feel so bad about trying out for it :/
    Yeah the winner of this can hardly be crowned UPSB Champion...

162. Iota
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:03:21

Exactly, so if it's made for not the UPSB best, why make it the "Official UPSB Tournament"? Why not just make it a tournament with a name like I suggested.

163. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 02:52:09

it would be a total shame to win the UPSB tournament :facepalm: ,UPSB isnt go far in WC (heard that UPSB vs THPSC in R1 somewhere :? ) so why don't we just allow them to participate (they could use some of their WC vids too right? )

164. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 02:58:44

thebloodgod wrote: it would be a total shame to win the UPSB tournament :facepalm: ,UPSB isnt go far in WC (heard that UPSB vs THPSC in R1 somewhere :? ) so why don't we just allow them to participate (they could use some of their WC vids too right? )
    upsb is facing thpsc in R3, and even after that, it is 'likely' that upsb will make it to R4 (coming 2nd in group D to thpsc if we're careful), then vs fpsb in R4 and dying :P edit: also, the upsb wc12 team members should put their full effort into wc so we can get as far as possible, that's why hippo banned us from this tourney

165. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 03:17:56

i.suk wrote: upsb is facing thpsc in R3, and even after that, it is 'likely' that upsb will make it to R4 (coming 2nd in group D to thpsc if we're careful), then vs fpsb in R4 and dying :P edit: also, the upsb wc12 team members should put their full effort into wc so we can get as far as possible, that's why hippo banned us from this tourney
    just quit the damn WC please i.suk T_T

166. Elune
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:27:04

thebloodgod wrote: just quit the damn WC please i.suk T_T
    :trollface:

167. Mats
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:28:50

i.suk wrote: upsb is facing thpsc in R3, and even after that, it is 'likely' that upsb will make it to R4 (coming 2nd in group D to thpsc if we're careful), then vs fpsb in R4 and dying :P
    No confidence at all in UPSB Team. This is not the attitude. :no:

168. Ricercar
    Date: Mon, Jan 16 2012 23:54:30

/in

169. Iota
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 00:51:11

/in, will send in a bit

170. thebloodgod
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:35:35

well the UPSB WC team (to be frank) will be knocked out in R4 facing fpsc,and the UPSBT might be still going on,can the WC team have some "alternative" rounds (idk how to call it >< ) and the Final round should be the UPSBT winner against the WC team winner,so we can pick the winner of the final round as the UPSB champ ? :\ this hardly can be possible :(

171. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:39:49

thebloodgod wrote: well the UPSB WC team (to be frank) will be knocked out in R4 facing fpsc,and the UPSBT might be still going on,can the WC team have some "alternative" rounds (idk how to call it >< ) and the Final round should be the UPSBT winner against the WC team winner,so we can pick the winner of the final round as the UPSB champ ? :\ this hardly can be possible :(
    if you're so desperate to fight upsb wc12 team members, i can battle you after upsbt.........

172. MickChickenn
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:41:10

i.suk wrote: if you're so desperate to fight upsb wc12 team members, i can battle you after upsbt.........
    Shits going down.

173. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:43:49

MickChickenn wrote: Shits going down.
    Shit's. ;)

174. King
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:44:53

I want to see @thebloodgod battle only using: mxes/metallic comssas/bictorys/watefalls/a mod <18g in weight/ <21.5 cm in length.

175. MickChickenn
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:47:13

Mats wrote: Shit's. ;)
    I shoulda bet that was coming. Fuckin grammar nazis. :P

176. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 03:57:03

King wrote: I want to see @thebloodgod battle only using: mxes/metallic comssas/bictorys/watefalls/a mod <18g in weight/ <21.5 cm in length.
    I want to see the next world tournament all with <12g < 19.5cm pencils, but we can't all get what we want...

177. Elune
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 05:12:46

Honestly I want to see another epic battle between TBG and i.suk in which they give out all their sh!t .... But this is reality >.> I also wanna see some awesome combos from Fx, but he's rested >.>

178. Iota
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 05:54:09

Mats, the goal of the art is to advance and push forward, not cap at a level due to the limitations of spinning a real unmodded pen/pencil. There is a limit to how far it should go, and for me I see a buster or the pens that gisele sometimes spins as that limit.

179. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 07:47:53

i'll play.

180. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 17 2012 07:56:21

Scott Shaputis wrote: i'll play.
    *SHOCK*

181. PrettyPonyMan
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 17:43:48

where do we submit our videos?

182. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jan 20 2012 23:39:07

PrettyPonyMan wrote: where do we submit our videos?
    PM it to me. Update: If your name is not highlighted on the first post means you have not submitted your combos yet. You have 2 days to do so.

183. Vassenato
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 00:19:44

fuuuuuucck need to film yo why do i suck at filming

184. Tomohiro
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 06:41:00

In and sent

185. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 13:05:16

/sent :)

186. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 19:02:28

/sent

187. Iota
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 23:21:55

Will there be a keyword for each round in order to have current combos? I am feeling good about filming tonight and would want to film something to use either for R2 if I were to qualify for this, or for another tourney if I don't. I just don't want to spend my time filming this if a word is required, I were to qualify, but not be able to use it and thus have to struggle to refilm just as well. Thanks!

188. Van
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 01:51:15

/sent

189. poisoned
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 02:18:36

/in

190. King
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 03:28:39

Just saw Van's combo.... Fuck that shit im /out

191. thebloodgod
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 03:53:13

King wrote: Just saw Van's combo.... Fuck that shit im /out
    fuck that shit,are you even a SPSO =.=

192. King
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 04:37:23

thebloodgod wrote: fuck that shit,are you even a SPSO =.=
    I realized that in my current pen spinning level, I wont be able to film an adequate combo that will stand out in with you, Van, Zkhan, or any other UPSBT Qual videos. So, yes i am serious in my pen spinning, but an 8 month spinner trying to out-do someone who has been spinning years more then me isnt realistic.

193. Van
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 04:40:51

@King u can't be 8 months when u joined on march 2011 Lolol and my combo wasnt even that good

194. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 04:49:47

Van wrote: @King u can't be 8 months when u joined on march 2011 Lolol
    Why not? He could have quit for a couple months.

195. Dris
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 04:54:13

King;169970]I realized that in my current pen spinning level, I wont be able to film an adequate combo that will stand out in with you, Van, Zkhan, or any other UPSBT Qual videos. So, yes i am serious in my pen spinning, but an 8 month spinner trying to out-do someone who has been spinning years more then me isnt realistic.[/QUOTE] Considerably, I've been spinning for 7-8 months. And I at least tried. Now I probably won't make it because other people with more experience are favored, but it was worth a shot to film in my honest opinion. [QUOTE=Van wrote: @King u can't be 8 months when u joined on march 2011 Lolol and my combo wasnt even that good
    Well, it was pretty good...

196. Elune
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 04:58:24

Have just seen some spinner's qualification vids >.> I should've refilmed mine >.> damn they're too good for me >.>

197. King
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 05:04:36

Did i just do that? :facepalm: In my mind i counted a year as 10 months, and march being 2 months away... :\

198. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 05:47:08

Are people with more experience really being favoured? I thought this was a purely technical competition? :?

199. sangara
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 08:03:00

So everything I came up with was complete shit. I'll be dropping, I don't feel like wasting anyone's time.

200. Ventus
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 08:42:02

/sent

201. PrettyPonyMan
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 15:47:15

/sent

202. PenVirus
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 16:31:38

Sent. Hope we get in @PalvinS

203. Saurkk
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 17:39:39

sent

204. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Jan 22 2012 22:13:32

/sent

205. sangara
    Date: Mon, Jan 23 2012 02:07:35

So Pudels managed to convince me to send my best two combos.

206. Monohex
    Date: Mon, Jan 23 2012 03:54:00

Sent.

207. Dris
    Date: Mon, Jan 23 2012 04:31:37

Mats wrote: Are people with more experience really being favoured? I thought this was a purely technical competition? :?
    Well maybe not favored. That was worded badly. I guess I meant that there are people who are just good. No chance for others almost.

208. entertdr
    Date: Mon, Jan 23 2012 04:49:28

sent

209. Raos
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 03:25:52

sent

210. Van
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 03:50:58

some one needs to make a playlist of the submittions

211. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 03:51:03

miyat or Kirua to win. I would say Kirua, unless he is distracted by World Cup.

212. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 06:03:51

Videos for the qualification round. No more submissions will be excepted after this. Only 16 spinners will make it to round 2. Results will be released on the 6th of February. All the best to everyone! :) [SPOILER="Qualification Round Videos"] [LIST=1] [*][B][COLOR="red"]Yamaguchi[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Xienix[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]enterthedarkrealm[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]fang[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]eazi-penspinner[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]thebloodgod[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Alvaris[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Daduk[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Zkhan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]DArKT[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]DrakeOhMeteor007[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Vaan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Ash[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]JackyMacky[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]MRYangYang[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Gash[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Dris[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Gland[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Van[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Vassenato[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]JumBoPS[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PrettyPonyMan[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Deezy[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Ventus[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PenVirus[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]PalvinS[/COLOR][/B] [*][B][COLOR="red"]kirua[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Noblesse[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Elune[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]2ne[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]chris[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]hahakumquat[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Saurkk[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Monohex[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]wotu1[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]flame sivics[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Cyan[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Pudels Kern[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]~blast~[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]LSP.SSS[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Joemoe1013[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Kiyo[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Iota[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Scott Shaputis[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][*]Tomohiro[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"][*]miyat[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]sangara[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="red"][*]Nashi[/COLOR][/B] [/LIST] [/SPOILER]

213. Vassenato
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 06:08:08

damn. i don't have a change of making it to r2.

214. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 06:53:00

I am /Out for many reasons. But anyway, I predict Thebloodgod, Elune, Miyat,kira for the semifinals.

215. Vassenato
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 08:01:09

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29EABED1A16FAF1A put all the videos on a playlist. some of the videos were down or posted on mediafire but all the youtube ones are on it. @Hippo2626

216. Chobi
    Date: Tue, Jan 24 2012 12:54:33

Forgot to film. D: Wouldn't have had a chance anyway. Good luck to all participants

217. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 05:54:19

@DArKT: I'm assuming the combo that starts at 1:09. You start off with nice midbak 1.5s, and that's one of the big problems. After seeing the midbak 1.5's, I'm expecting a lot more from you, but instead, you deliver a chunk of basic linkages and arounds. Set up your combo differently (I would stick the midbak 1.5s in the middle of two chunks of spam, so it seems less boring.) Nice busts at the end. That's all for today, I do have to go to sleep. I'll try and finish the rest (eventually), but who knows... if you want me to get to yours for sure, PM me.

218. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 09:49:58

@Hippo2626 sorry, i reuploaded the combo and forgot to send you the new link lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWaeF3c9jSc

219. Elune
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:23:33

Nothing ... delete post >.>

220. Van
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:30:04

@Elune that says TT not UPSBT tho

221. Mats
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 13:42:17

@Dris - Worth a shot indeed! May well get you through too!

222. DArKT
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 13:59:07

@hoiboy thanks for the advices or critics. i'm asure ill do my best in round 1 if I have a chance to enter U.U

223. JumBoPS
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 14:21:20

@Mats thanks for the advices or critics. i'm asure ill do my best in round 1 if I have a chance to enter U.U

224. kirua
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 14:37:51

@PrettyPonyMan : Didn't watch it because of the titel and description @ YT

225. DArKT
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 14:40:46

@kirua...its KiRer comssa or my old buster = P thanks,ill hope ill enter too ^^

226. Iota
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 14:49:45

@Mats thanks a ton for the critiques!

227. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 15:06:02

@kirua so no hope for me???

228. Mats
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 15:12:56

@Yamaguchi - Borderline man. I'm not sure if that would make my top 16 here. Quite a good combo and I am going to say - Good enough That's everyone's combos. Good luck to you all! :) Look forward to Round 1 of the tournament proper!

229. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 15:24:52

@Mats weak sauce as in, not up to my standard or just plain lousy combo in general?

230. Elune
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 15:28:33

Why are you asking about "guitar" @Mats xD EDIT : Did you wanna mention my nails :rofl: I need some comments on my combo T^T

231. Mats
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 15:40:50

[QUOTE=Elune;170823]Why are you asking about "guitar" @Alvaris - Expected a different combo.

232. Xienix
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 16:34:28

@Mats i had to save some stuff for the other rounds

233. Dris
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 17:21:42

Mats wrote: @JackyMacky - Pretty good. If you don't go through, a judge needs shooting.
    That! ^^^^So true! =D If I do make it to round two [which I kind of doubt with some of the amazing combos I've seen], I'll be sure to fix my hand movements back to what I had before. =]

234. LSP.SSS
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 18:14:24

@Mats: Thanks for your comment. I have changed the way i spin and if I have a chance to be in R2, my combo will be totally different. (Yeah, not so much hand motion lol :) )

235. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 18:30:14

Thank you all for the comments about the combos... I don't think I'll make it through D:

236. Dris
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 19:01:56

eazi-penspinner wrote: Thank you all for the comments about the combos... I don't think I'll make it through D:
    If you don't, then I have even less of the small chance I had haha.

237. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 21:38:17

Mats wrote: @Zkhan - Weird combo, nice choice of colours on your mod. I hope you get through, so you can battle miyat again!
    NO

238. Van
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 21:59:55

@Mats LOL the chem comment ><

239. Accuru
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:39:04

when is the WC held? is there gonna be a website like last year

240. Joemoe1013
    Date: Wed, Jan 25 2012 23:40:49

So my pen spinning sucked too? Didn't do nearly as good as i wanted to, but you just didn't mention anything about it so....

241. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 00:15:14

Mats;170815]Pretty good. If you don't go through, a judge needs shooting. [/QUOTE] LOL, c'mon now. :lol: And thanks! ^_^ [QUOTE=kirua wrote: Very nice transitions, enjoyed it a lot. Maybe you should clean up your room next time xD it's distracting.
    Haha, ok. Thanks! ^_^ Means a lot coming from a pro.

242. Dudak
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 01:46:18

@Hippo2626 yeah, mats is right, you got my name wrong on the first post. you switched the u and the a

243. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 01:47:13

@Mats I just wanted to know can I enter the tournament??

244. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 01:51:26

MRYangYang wrote: @Mats I just wanted to know can I enter the tournament??
    I don't know man. :dunno: I'm not judging and I have not looked at the combos in as nearly much detail as I would if I were... I think you got chances sure, but not 100%.

245. Gash
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 02:11:49

Thanks for the comments @Mats :)

246. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 02:24:23

Still thanks for the comments and judging :D

247. Elune
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 03:49:28

Mats wrote: Well, do you play guitar? As for the video: Camera was too close, but the combo was pretty good. Not hugely technical, but well executed. I reckon you have a very good shot at getting through. @Alvaris - Expected a different combo.
    lol I used to ... but why ?

248. Tomohiro
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 04:20:00

Tomohiro- Over time = Disqualified.
    @Mats I was going to refilm but hippo told me it was fine. But sorry for the long video :( so far no one has given me any nice comments lol

249. ~blast~
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 06:24:43

@Mats thx 4 ur comments i think i should use tri pass or squ pass next time=]

250. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 09:55:29

kirua wrote: @Yamaguchi : Liked it very much - especially the speed. Maybe one tipped Sonic too much. was that a super pirat body ? xD
    YES HAHAHAHAHA

251. Dris
    Date: Thu, Jan 26 2012 18:58:43

Tomohiro wrote: Mats I was going to refilm but hippo told me it was fine. But sorry for the long video :( so far no one has given me any nice comments lol
    @Tomohiro Besides that one stumble, that combo was really impressive. Just next time make sure to be within the time limit. =] (It was better than my combo haha).

252. Porkchop
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 09:02:42

idk if i can still sign up, but /in anyways.

253. Nashi
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 09:05:42

:facepalm: Dude, is it really difficult to read the first post or notice the note in the shoutbox "UPSBT2012 - Qualification Videos Out!". DL is long over (already a week, well "long"), qualification round started. So no, you can´t sign up anymore. Try it next year. (:

254. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 20:03:42

Porkchop wrote: idk if i can still sign up, but /in anyways.
    No, learn to read and follow directions.

255. Porkchop
    Date: Mon, Jan 30 2012 20:52:31

JackyMacky wrote: No, learn to read and follow directions.
    Back to 1st Grade, I guess.

256. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 14:18:32

@Hippo2626 who are in the 1st round?

257. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 14:21:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxEkV-DUkCc re-uploaded for reference

258. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 9 2012 23:46:36

Judges must be good at analyzing combos, responsive to PM's and able to submit their results on time.
    Was the problem with the judges? Judges have had extra days too.

259. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 01:05:30

Sorry guys. I did a check on the results again 'cause it didn't seem to add up I just realised that some of the judges based their judging on the playlist and a couple of the videos are not in the playlist.. I should have checked through the playlist before hand to see whether any vids were missing :/. Unfortunately the results will have to be delayed a little more until the judges have given their review on those missing combos. I cannot stress enough how sorry I am for making this mistake :( I promise future rounds will be smoother

260. kirua
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 01:17:52

Well I actually never expected sth like this xD

261. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 01:46:29

Let's play the waiting game again! :lol:

262. Nashi
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 19:08:53

Well I guess it will take some days again for the new results to be out (also depends on how many combos were missing in the playlist though) and added and stuff.

263. DArKT
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 21:45:10

oh Gosh...i hope ill be able to make it through... U.U

264. Vassenato
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 09:47:27

Hippo2626 wrote: Sorry guys. I did a check on the results again 'cause it didn't seem to add up I just realised that some of the judges based their judging on the playlist and a couple of the videos are not in the playlist.. I should have checked through the playlist before hand to see whether any vids were missing :/. Unfortunately the results will have to be delayed a little more until the judges have given their review on those missing combos. I cannot stress enough how sorry I am for making this mistake :( I promise future rounds will be smoother
    I did state that some of them were missing because not all were hosted on youtube. Maybe I wasn't clear enough and part of this was my mistake as well. Either way it's all good.

265. Elune
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:43:44

lol I just hope not to wait too long @.@ 2 days more maybe ? Coz it's exactly 1 week from due date for results xD

266. Iota
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 21:16:33

Well if the judges are active and responsible, as per the requirements of the tourney, I wouldn't think it would take much more than a day or a few. It certainly can be dealt with in a day at most, but well that would assume they could be contacted and not busy, soooooo who knows :333

267. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 16:58:43

Iota wrote: Well if the judges are active and responsible, as per the requirements of the tourney, I wouldn't think it would take much more than a day or a few. It certainly can be dealt with in a day at most, but well that would assume they could be contacted and not busy, soooooo who knows :333
    In the meantime...
    Spoiler

268. Dris
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 00:45:11

Just a slight bit disappointed that it's taken them this long to get the results out. I want to see the line up! XD

269. Van
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 01:20:29

okay, 48 submittions, 44 videos on playlist, i understand there were missing videos. but really? over a week for 4 videos?

270. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 01:38:45

some of the judges aren't at home so they can't judges til they get back. However I will be getting backup judges for the next round in case something like this happens again.

271. Van
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 01:40:23

@Hippo2626 i assume the deadlines for the combos would change right? or else its gonna be like; results are out --> deadline is tommorow lol

272. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 01:44:18

yep all the dates will be changed accrodingly

273. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 02:02:22

-.-

274. Iota
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 04:26:52

le sigh ;-;

275. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 05:26:56

The results should be out by today or tomorrow

276. flaming oracle
    Date: Wed, Feb 15 2012 05:17:18

This is only the people who qualified right?

277. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 00:21:49

flame sivics wrote: This is only the people who qualified right?
    Yup. Only 16 will make it. :/

278. flaming oracle
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 00:48:45

:/ well good luck everyone

279. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 01:37:19

Okay so I finished solving the Rubik's cube...

280. Dudak
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 03:30:09

@Zkhan have patience bro

281. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 03:35:55

waiting for the last judge. he said he was doing it yesterday but still hasn't replied yet.

282. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 03:56:20

:trollface:

283. flaming oracle
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 04:37:55

Uggg would it kill to just skip him? xD

284. Vaan
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 05:41:44

almost 10 days

285. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 11:08:55

Hippo2626 wrote: waiting for the last judge. he said he was doing it yesterday but still hasn't replied yet.
    Time to get a new judge?

286. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 15:02:09

if theres no way the last judge can have an impact on who gets in, then you should just release it

287. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 15:19:53

And... 23 days after the qualifying videos were submitted... Still no results. Farcical.

288. Noblesse
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 04:19:00

GG.

289. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 05:26:00

/inn :trollface:

290. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:32:34

http://memegenerator.net/instance/14083056

291. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 13:13:40

@Hippo2626, This is absolutely ridiculous, if the results are contingent around 1 judge, judging 4 videos, assign an interem judge rather than holding up results for a week. It's been a whole week, the problem should have been resolved within the day, people need to learn to take deadlines seriously. I don't know all the details and there may be more problems that you haven't told us about, but even in the beginner tourney, the organizer resolved and kept to the deadlines when judges would not respond. There are many qualified spinners who could judge all of the videos well in a day, it would't even be that difficult to find a replacement. I would suggest releasing the results as is, unless the last few videos are close, something that should've been done 7 days ago. If the results are tied, or could be changed by one vote, find someone else to judge 4 videos. Delaying results is silly, especially if it really is for 1 person and 4 votes. Unless all the judges ignored you and none of them sent in their votes, there is no reason for results to take so long. If 16 different international communities ( at least 32 people) can submit votes for 48 videos on time, I'm sure the judges you have selected can judge 4 videos in a week.

292. King
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 15:17:21

"UPSBT Has been canceled due to inclement weather patterns." -Hippo2626

293. Mats
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 15:22:08

King wrote: "UPSBT Has been canceled due to inclement weather patterns." -Hippo2626
    :wtf: :?

294. DArKT
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 15:55:45

oh,come on... this cant be cancelled. if the problem is ONE sigle judge,why dont replace him?

295. Mats
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 16:04:17

http://memegenerator.net/instance/14772904

296. Kiyo
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 19:35:18

Is this now for real? <_< edit: just got rick roll'd due to shoutbox link... lol^^

297. King
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 22:56:22

Yeah guys. UPSBT is canceled due to weather conditions. I would know. I know hippo on a personal level.

298. Frip
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 23:28:03

I'll judge if nobody else will o_O better than 234567 days wait

299. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 23:43:47

Frip wrote: I'll judge if nobody else will o_O better than 234567 days wait
    Let this man judge.

300. King
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 23:54:39

Frip wrote: I'll judge if nobody else will o_O better than 234567 days wait

301. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 00:44:34

[SPOILER="Winners"][LIST=1] [*] @Vaan 24.5/40 [/LIST][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Full list"] Judges were only asked to judge the best 22 combos. [LIST=1] [*]Pudels Kern 31/40 [*]thebloodgod 30.25/40 [*]Iota 30.2/40 [*]Alvaris 29.63/40 [*]kirua 29.5/40 [*]Deezy 28.87/40 [*]Van 28.2/40 [*]enterthedarkrealm 27.75/40 [*]JackyMacky 27.13/40 [*]Xienix 26.75/40 [*]miyat 26.13/40 [*]Gland 26/40 [*]Zkhan 26.5/40 [*]Elune 24.75/40 [*]sangara 24.7/40 [*]Vaan 24.5/40 --- [*]Kiyo 24/40 [*]Saurkk 22.375/40 [*]~blast~ 21.25/40 (The rest below got judging from only 1 judge) [*]LSP.SSS 26/40 [*]PenVirus 25.5/40 [*]DArKT 23.5/40 [*]Cyan 23.5/40 [*]Nashi 23/40 [*]Yamaguchi 22/40 [*]Chris 22.5/40 [*]Noblesse 21.5/40 [*]MRYangYang 20/40 [*]Tomohiro 19/40 [*]eazi-penspinner 17.5/40 [/LIST] The rest of the combos were not judged [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 2 Battles"] [LIST=1] [*]Purdels Kern Versus Vaan [*]2enterthedark realm Versus JackyMacky [*]Alvaris Versus Zkhan [*]kirua Versus Gland [*]thebloodgod Versus sangara [*]Van Versus Xienix [*]Iota Versus Elune [*]Deezy Versys miyat [/LIST] Tournament tree [/SPOILER] Due Date is on the 5th March 12pm PST Sorry guys =(. I'll be getting backup judges and change some things to assure that all the upcoming rounds will be much smoother.

302. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 00:46:05

Why not release full rankings? @Hippo2626

303. Nashi
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 00:48:23

kk not in. well I knew that my combo wasn´t that good. Good look to the participants. (:

304. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 01:10:02

@Mats Added the full rankings already. Not everyone was ranked cause the judges were asked to judge the best 22 combos only.

305. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 01:47:57

:O I'm almost there :(

306. sangara
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 01:48:47

Shit tier ftw.

307. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 02:03:57

(The rest below got judging from only 1 judge)
    This I find very strange. What was the difference in scores between judges and why did some combos only get judged by one person? :?

308. Iota
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 02:31:18

Good luck @Elune and all!

309. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 03:38:11

Good luck @enterthedarkrealm !!!

310. Van
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 03:44:20

hehe @Xienix 3rd battle between us -3- 2nd time in a tourney too (wasn't it r2 the last time too? xD) let's have fuun :excited:

311. thebloodgod
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 03:59:29

deadline for the other rounds?

312. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 04:08:53

shoot me now

313. Elune
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 05:14:56

huhm thinking about saving stuff for r3 as I'll definitely lose this round :rofl:

314. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 07:56:34

Van wrote: hehe @Xienix 3rd battle between us -3- 2nd time in a tourney too (wasn't it r2 the last time too? xD) let's have fuun :excited:
    wooww crap am in goodluck van ^_^ this time i'll do every thing i can :P

315. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 11:57:19

:whut: After so much waiting... Ok thats it... *jumps off bridge* ..................................... EDIT: I finished 30th???? Seriously, I don't get it...

316. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 12:29:09

eazi-penspinner wrote: :whut: After so much waiting... Ok thats it... *jumps off bridge* ..................................... EDIT: I finished 30th???? Seriously, I don't get it...
    Only one judge seems to have judged places initially and then those top 22 have been taken (I presume) to the other judges to judge. Seems like a dodgy system to me. :hmm: @Hippo2626 - Can we see the broken down scores in future rounds?

317. Elune
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 13:20:40

lol personally I'm a little bit disapointed by my ranking xD but I've to accept it anyway :rofl: hope to receive scores from judges next round

318. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 13:22:44

Alvaris Versus Zkhan kirua Versus Gland thebloodgod Versus sangara :O

319. fang
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 18:20:54

My combo isn't even judged, I really suck.....

320. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 02:36:41

Sorry I wasn't online yesterday. Here is what happened with the judging in r1. They had to judge it using the WT system for this round only. I told them to choose the best 22 and judged them since judging all 48 combos would have been too demanding on them. 1 judge was too busy so he couldn't submit his results. the other 2 submitted their results but some of the results were missing cause 1 of them watched the playlist only. Of course some of the judges results weren't the same so I asked them to judge some of the combos additional combos that weren't in their original top 22 list. Ie , judge 1 graded spinner x and judge 2 did not, so i asked judge 2 to judge spinner x also. I only asked the judges to judge the higher scoring combos so they wouldn't have to do so much. For future rounds this system won't be used. It would all be judged based on written arguments only.

321. Zkhan
    Date: Mon, Feb 20 2012 03:06:05

Chobi wrote: Alvaris Versus Zkhan kirua Versus Gland thebloodgod Versus sangara :O
    Triple Rape Combo... seems legit

322. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 00:28:14

Reminder: Aprox. 1 week to submit the videos for r2

323. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 22:41:42

@Hippo2626 mine [video=youtube;6OkY7N2Ol-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkY7N2Ol-s[/video]

324. Gland
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 17:05:35

[video=youtube;VPgb4f_NoUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPgb4f_NoUw[/video] [video=youtube;HbMzTB3xtAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbMzTB3xtAM[/video] :D:D

325. Van
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 03:40:46

kirua @.@

326. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 04:28:40

[video=youtube;gETsGEjgZJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gETsGEjgZJw[/video] Screw it. Let's do this thing.

327. Elune
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 06:47:53

good luck @Iota mine sucks :rofl: [video=youtube;MS4bx416y_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4bx416y_0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

328. Xienix
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:33:41

i saw the three tournament thingy and if am right then you still can win the tournament if you're screwed in the 2nd round O_O?

329. entertdr
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:36:30

[video=youtube;Nc_jaRABeAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_jaRABeAc[/video] @Hippo2626

330. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:37:36

Xienix wrote: i saw the three tournament thingy and if am right then you still can win the tournament if you're screwed in the 2nd round O_O?
    Yes you can. You'll have to win all your other battles though. The idea behind the double elimination is that you'll have to lose twice to get knocked out of the tournament. I've updated the first post with all the videos so far. @sangara is the only one left

331. sangara
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 13:33:29

Sorry couldn't upload last night, it'll be up when I get off work.

332. sangara
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 01:10:18

Fuck I can't believe this, I came home to a corrupted memory stick, so I had to format it losing everything, including my back up. Then it took me 45 minutes to film a piece of shit combo, it normally takes me like 30 to do my day sessions. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck. Oh well that's what I get for waiting. Shit tier continues, it's on to the next one.

333. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 02:00:02

[SPOILER="Round 2 Videos"][LIST=1] [*]Purdels Kern Versus Vaan [*]enterthedarkrealm Versus JackyMacky [*]Alvaris Versus Zkhan [*]kirua Versus Gland [*]thebloodgod Versus sangara [*]Van Versus Xienix [*]Iota Versus Elune [*]Deezy Versus miyat [/LIST][/SPOILER] Results are due on the 12th March. The winners of this round will get a break for the next round and the losers will have to battle in the lower bracket, all the best to everyone :)

334. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 14:54:53

The results are out. Sorry I can't tabulated everything properly.. I'm overseas right now and I'm doing all this on my phone. The raw scores are below. Remember that the next round is for the posers of ts round only. Video is due in 2 weeks time. I can only update everything when I get back on Thursday. Judge 1: Pudels Kern vs Vaan: Really close battle. Pudels creates a beautiful antigravity illusion with his style, and presents some good tricks here and there. The combo seems to be a little bit repetitive though. Vaan's difficulty was higher overall and execution was slightly better, though Pudels had some really nice subtle linkages. Both of them managed to keep their style through the whole combo, but Vaan's combo somehow was more convincing. Winner: Vaan Judge 2: Pudel Kerns – Nice flow and good execution, just the ending is not good enough Vaan – Nice difficulty, good execution, work hard on creativity Winner: Pudel Kerns Judge 1: enterthedarkrealm vs JackyMacky enter had some execution mistakes towards the end, but his combo structure was better. Jacky managed to do some nice 1p2h transfers, but the content of the combo wasn't really hard. Winner: enterthedarkrealm Judge 2: Enterthedarkrealm – overall is good, not much difficult tricks but combo looks nice JackyMacky – The transition between hand is well played, but the ending is too sudden Winner: Jacky Macky Judge 1: Alvaris vs Zkhan: Both of them had great linkages but Alvaris' control and execution was better. Higher smothness as well. Zkhan had some good linkages though, but he was lacking a bit of control. Winner: Alvaris Judge 2: Alvaris – Nice combo, work hard on creativity Zkhan - smooth, not much difficult tricks, but combo is too simple Winner: Alvaris Judge 1: kirua vs GLAND Great battle. While GLAND's combo is smoother and slightly better executed, kirua's complexity is way harder than GLAND's. GLAND pulled out some good linkages, but the overall structure of kirua's combo is better. Winner: kirua Judge 2: Kirua- nice execution, overall is good and tidy combo, nice ending Gland- nice combo but presentation not that good, spun too fast, some tricks hardly see it Winner: Gland Judge 1: thebloodgod vs sangara Sangara's smoothness is really beautiful, but there are some execution mistakes (00:13 >.<) that spoil the combo. TBG kept a constant style and presented a better execution, while keeping a good level of difficulty. Winner: thebloodgod Judge 2: Thebloodgod – nice combo and nice execution, not much creativity Sangara – overall is fine, just simple ending Winner: Sangara Judge 1: Xienix vs Van This battle was harder than expected. Van's breakdown was better than Xienix', but the ending was out of control. On the other side, Xienix' execution was stable, but the difficulty of the combo was lower. After deliberating for a long time, Van's the winner. Judge 2: Van – combo is fine, not really can see ending trick Xienix – combo is fine, just lack of creativity, Winer: Xienix Judge 1: Iota vs Elune Iota was clearly superior in every aspect. Elune pulled out a good combo but it's lacking some good execution. Winner: Iota Judge 2: Iota- nice and creative combo, kinda smooth, 0:12 is transition of combo Elune- beginning combo is fine, 0:16min bad execution, simple ending Winner: Iota Judge 1: Deezy vs miyat: Deezy had a nice combo in general terms, but miyat's creativity and complexity was insane. miyat should work on his execution though, clearly his weak spot. Winner: miyat Judge 2: Deezy – initial with a smooth combo just 0:14min is looks like stuck Miyat – nice combo, 0:09min is nice, ending seems like drop, but it’s not Winner: miyat Judge 3 results: Pudel Kerns: Nice execution. The style and the smoothness is great, and there is several good *tricks. Vaan: Good presentation, but the combo itself lack of difficulty : there is nothing particular in this combo, it looks pretty common.Winner : Pudels Kerns enterthedarkrealm: The beginning is not very "strong", but the ending part is way better, with a nice swivel - although 00.18 looks a bit like a mistake JackyMacky : Several good linkages, and good transfers.Winner : JackyMacky Alvaris : It's a bit dark, but it's a nice combo : the flow of the pen is very good, and there is several hard tricks & linkages. Zkhan : Nice smoothness too, several good linkages, but a lack of difficult trick - no real finish at all. Winner : it's very tought, but my vote goes for Alvaris Kirua : nice style, nice finish, nice tricks... Nice combo ! Gland : Very good execution, and lots of hard & creative tricks ; 00:05 is impressive.Winner : very, very hard to decide. It's a pain to have to choose a winner. If draw are authorized, it'll be a draw. If i'm forced to choose someone, my vote will go for Kirua : his combo looks easier, but more effectiveness - every trick look well-chosen. thebloodgod : very strong. I like the way you link some uncommon tricks without loosing any speed. sangara : Pretty cool effortless style, some little mistakes and a lack of strong tricks - althouth there are some.Winner : thebloodgod Van : Correct combo, but nothing very impressive, and the finish could have been better. Xienix : strong links at the beginning, but the combo ends fastly, it's a bit too shortWinner : it's tought, but Van's combo was harder. A badly-done finish is still better than a simple double bust. iona : Nice swivels ! Although they seem a bit repetitive at the end of the combo, they are well done. Elune : good execution... Before the last part of the combo, which looks like a failed rex trick. The rest was fine though.Winner : iona Deezy : Lovely linkages, smoothness could have been better. Miyat : Terrible lack of smoothness, but lots of nice tricks. I liked the finish.Winner : Miyat

335. VikroaL
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 15:23:16

Just to make everything clear: Winners: - Pudels Kern (2-1) - Jackymacky (2-1) - Alvaris (3-0) - kirua (2-1) - thebloodgod (2-1) - Van (2-1) - Iota (3-0) - miyat (3-0) (sun)

336. Elune
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 16:12:43

early results lol I've lost just as expected xD Great job there @Deezy, let's try our best xD

337. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 16:29:53

I lost... So from my knowledge this is how R3 goes: [B]Enterthedarkrealm vs Vaan Gland vs Zkhan Xienix vs Sangara Deezy vs Elune[/B] sigh...COME AT ME R3!!! EDIT: So this means, if I win this round, I am up against miyat................again

338. Gland
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 18:10:17

nice info man! thanks, good luck for next battle. ;)

339. Iota
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 19:30:41

Zkhan wrote: So this means, if I win this round, I am up against miyat................again
    I wouldn't be so sure haha, I feel like we may end up battling ^^

340. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 19:42:51

Okay I think my interpretations are wrong...im not sure if those are the right lineups

341. Pudels Kern
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 21:23:42

@Hippo2626 Are you sure that the winners of R2 will have a break now? In the first post it says that R3 has battles in the upper and lower bracket and after that in R3.5 the upper bracket takes a break.

342. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 08:41:42

Oh cap how could I forget that.... Before sorry.. The winners in have to participate in the next round. It's round 3.5 that ts winners won't need to participate. Thanks for pointing that out.. I'll extend the deadline by a few days because of the confusion. If someone could mention all the spinners for me to make sure theyknow it would be great.. I'll sort everything out when I get back from my trip..

343. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 09:43:59

Hippo2626 wrote: If someone could mention all the spinners for me to make sure theyknow it would be great..
    @Iota Ü

344. Iota
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 09:46:57

Ah, okay ^^ Should still be more than enough time to film. What happened to round 2.5 then, the losers bracket round between R2 and R3? Or is that just going on at same time as our R3 now? .-.

345. Van
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 10:11:58

wait wut? we dont have extra time?

346. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 22:43:52

I am confused.... :?

347. Van
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 02:16:55

so when is our combos due...? @Hippo2626

348. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 02:33:41

Who I am battling against?

349. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 03:10:23

Gah why did I have to go overseas at this time. I'll be back tomorrow to sort everything out.. There WILL be a time extension by 5 days. I'll let you guys know your opponents tomorrow also. Sorry again :-(

350. Mats
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 03:38:33

Such a badly organized tournament Hippo. :facepalm: And I cannot believe that Gland lost to Kirua! He had a better combo. Must be a fanboy thing or something. Kirua did not produce his best. =/

351. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 04:12:26

Mats wrote: Such a badly organized tournament Hippo. :facepalm: And I cannot believe that Gland lost to Kirua! He had a better combo. Must be a fanboy thing or something. Kirua did not produce his best. =/
    Spoiler
    Not as badly organized as yours comrade.

352. Elune
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 04:51:44

So can you edit the first post with the final deadline ? @Hippo2626 and the list of R3 too xD

353. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 06:43:58

basically guys, you all have a 5 day extension. not sure when the videos are due though, 31st or 26th march. Winner bracket: Pudels Kern vs JackyMacky Alvaris vs kirua thebloodgod vs van Iota vs miyat Lower bracket: Xienix vs sangara Deexy vs Elune enterthedarkrealm vs Vaan Gland vs Zkhan

354. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 14:49:00

[SPOILER="Tabulated Results"][SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus Vaan (Winner: Purdels Kern 2-1)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern vs Vaan: Really close battle. Pudels creates a beautiful antigravity illusion with his style, and presents some good tricks here and there. The combo seems to be a little bit repetitive though. Vaan's difficulty was higher overall and execution was slightly better, though Pudels had some really nice subtle linkages. Both of them managed to keep their style through the whole combo, but Vaan's combo somehow was more convincing. Winner: Vaan Judge 2: Pudel Kerns – Nice flow and good execution, just the ending is not good enough Vaan – Nice difficulty, good execution, work hard on creativity Winner: Pudel Kerns Judge 3: Pudel Kerns: Nice execution. The style and the smoothness is great, and there is several good *tricks. Vaan: Good presentation, but the combo itself lack of difficulty : there is nothing particular in this combo, it looks pretty common Winner : Pudels Kerns[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="enterthedarkrealm Versus JackyMacky (Winner: JackyMacky 2-1)"]Judge 1: enterthedarkrealm vs JackyMacky enter had some execution mistakes towards the end, but his combo structure was better. Jacky managed to do some nice 1p2h transfers, but the content of the combo wasn't really hard. Winner: enterthedarkrealm Judge 2: Enterthedarkrealm – overall is good, not much difficult tricks but combo looks nice JackyMacky – The transition between hand is well played, but the ending is too sudden Winner: Jacky Macky Judge 3: enterthedarkrealm: The beginning is not very "strong", but the ending part is way better, with a nice swivel - although 00.18 looks a bit like a mistake JackyMacky : Several good linkages, and good transfers. Winner : JackyMacky[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Alvaris Versus Zkhan (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: Alvaris vs Zkhan: Both of them had great linkages but Alvaris' control and execution was better. Higher smothness as well. Zkhan had some good linkages though, but he was lacking a bit of control. Winner: Alvaris Judge 2: Alvaris – Nice combo, work hard on creativity Zkhan - smooth, not much difficult tricks, but combo is too simple Winner: Alvaris Judge 3: Alvaris : It's a bit dark, but it's a nice combo : the flow of the pen is very good, and there is several hard tricks & linkages. Zkhan : Nice smoothness too, several good linkages, but a lack of difficult trick - no real finish at all. Winner : it's very tought, but my vote goes for Alvaris [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="kirua Versus Gland (Winner: Kirua 2-1)"]Judge 1: kirua vs GLAND Great battle. While GLAND's combo is smoother and slightly better executed, kirua's complexity is way harder than GLAND's. GLAND pulled out some good linkages, but the overall structure of kirua's combo is better. Winner: kirua Judge 2: Kirua- nice execution, overall is good and tidy combo, nice ending Gland- nice combo but presentation not that good, spun too fast, some tricks hardly see it Winner: Gland Judge 3: Kirua : nice style, nice finish, nice tricks... Nice combo ! Gland : Very good execution, and lots of hard & creative tricks ; 00:05 is impressive.Winner : very, very hard to decide. It's a pain to have to choose a winner. If draw are authorized, it'll be a draw. If i'm forced to choose someone, my vote will go for Kirua : his combo looks easier, but more effectiveness - every trick look well-chosen.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus sangara (Winner: thebloodgod 2-1)"]Judge 1: thebloodgod vs sangara Sangara's smoothness is really beautiful, but there are some execution mistakes (00:13 >.<) that spoil the combo. TBG kept a constant style and presented a better execution, while keeping a good level of difficulty. Winner: thebloodgod Judge 2: Thebloodgod – nice combo and nice execution, not much creativity Sangara – overall is fine, just simple ending Winner: Sangara Judge 3: thebloodgod : very strong. I like the way you link some uncommon tricks without loosing any speed. sangara : Pretty cool effortless style, some little mistakes and a lack of strong tricks - althouth there are some. Winner : thebloodgod[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Van Versus Xienix (Winner: Van 2-1)"]Judge 1: Xienix vs Van This battle was harder than expected. Van's breakdown was better than Xienix', but the ending was out of control. On the other side, Xienix' execution was stable, but the difficulty of the combo was lower. After deliberating for a long time, Van's the winner. Judge 2: Van – combo is fine, not really can see ending trick Xienix – combo is fine, just lack of creativity, Winer: Xienix Judge 3: Van : Correct combo, but nothing very impressive, and the finish could have been better. Xienix : strong links at the beginning, but the combo ends fastly, it's a bit too short Winner : it's tought, but Van's combo was harder. A badly-done finish is still better than a simple double bust.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Iota Versus Elune (Winner: Iota 3-0)"]Judge 1: Iota vs Elune Iota was clearly superior in every aspect. Elune pulled out a good combo but it's lacking some good execution. Winner: Iota Judge 2: Iota- nice and creative combo, kinda smooth, 0:12 is transition of combo Elune- beginning combo is fine, 0:16min bad execution, simple ending Winner: Iota Judge 3: iota : Nice swivels ! Although they seem a bit repetitive at the end of the combo, they are well done. Elune : good execution... Before the last part of the combo, which looks like a failed rex trick. The rest was fine though. Winner : iota[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Deezy Versus miyat (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: Deezy vs miyat: Deezy had a nice combo in general terms, but miyat's creativity and complexity was insane. miyat should work on his execution though, clearly his weak spot. Winner: miyat Judge 2: Deezy – initial with a smooth combo just 0:14min is looks like stuck Miyat – nice combo, 0:09min is nice, ending seems like drop, but it’s not Winner: miyat Judge 3: Deezy : Lovely linkages, smoothness could have been better. Miyat : Terrible lack of smoothness, but lots of nice tricks. I liked the finish. Winner : Miyat[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 3"] Tournament Tree [SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]@Zkhan[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Because of my stupid mistake >< , the due date will be extended to the 30th March, 12pm PST Sorry for the confusion. I never knew how difficult running a tournament could be. I wonder how Zombo does it. Anyways GLHF in r3 all. Gratz to the winners and do your best in the lower bracket to the losers :D

355. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 15:07:21

Alvaris Versus kirua epic battle same players in wc GL

356. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 15:43:22

Iota vs Miyat is also an interesting battle. :3

357. Elune
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 15:58:55

Damn it I can't make it to r4 :rofl:

358. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 20:48:00

Let's do this @Gland

359. Vaan
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 00:23:03

Hippo2626 wrote: [SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus Vaan (Winner: Purdels Kern 3-0)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern vs Vaan: Really close battle. Pudels creates a beautiful antigravity illusion with his style, and presents some good tricks here and there. The combo seems to be a little bit repetitive though. Vaan's difficulty was higher overall and execution was slightly better, though Pudels had some really nice subtle linkages. Both of them managed to keep their style through the whole combo, but Vaan's combo somehow was more convincing. Winner: Vaan Judge 2: Pudel Kerns – Nice flow and good execution, just the ending is not good enough Vaan – Nice difficulty, good execution, work hard on creativity Winner: Pudel Kerns Judge 3: Pudel Kerns: Nice execution. The style and the smoothness is great, and there is several good *tricks. Vaan: Good presentation, but the combo itself lack of difficulty : there is nothing particular in this combo, it looks pretty common Winner : Pudels Kerns[/SPOILER]
    actually it's 2-1 XD anyway still lose

360. thebloodgod
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 07:01:11

i thought winners can take a break :(

361. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 09:03:33

thebloodgod wrote: i thought winners can take a break :(
    Sorry it was my mistake :-\, The break for the winners will be the next round

362. Xienix
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 13:14:36

damn i lost the 1st one -_- but still... good luck @sangara

363. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 02:30:40

Iota vs miyat Alvaris vs Kirua :wub:

364. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 01:42:57

videos are due in 4 days time

365. Van
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 02:34:59

4 days?

366. Vaan
    Date: Wed, Mar 28 2012 00:36:43

[video=youtube;VgL76_XT0YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgL76_XT0YM[/video]

367. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Mar 28 2012 01:24:28

that looks good vaan, i like this smooth, calm and rather slow style. There are some very good linkages, i like the one around 0:03-0:04. but if you're able to refilm it, then you should do that. Could save you some points.

368. funnky
    Date: Wed, Mar 28 2012 02:00:39

Vaan wrote: [video=youtube;VgL76_XT0YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgL76_XT0YM[/video]
    way awesome combo i realllllllly liked it besides the gross angle

369. Vaan
    Date: Wed, Mar 28 2012 02:05:51

im too busy with my work so i don't know if i can refilm, XD. so here it is @funnky Thanks, I was holding it, I kill YOu XD

370. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Mar 28 2012 02:57:57

dis round...

371. Van
    Date: Wed, Mar 28 2012 03:41:23

Edit: the vid was so bad ima try to refilm -.___-.

372. Vaan
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 00:30:54

I 'll try :D

373. Gland
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 19:06:12

here's mine ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSaj8GJI5L0

374. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 04:01:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97WyLatDdYk It shall be done...

375. entertdr
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 06:27:50

[video=youtube;su05vcQTPsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su05vcQTPsI[/video]

376. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 06:42:10

@sangara congratulations you'll win this one :D i forget the deadline.... and fang has mine main mod so i am not able to film a good combo right now @ all the others good luck ^_^

377. Elune
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 08:00:47

[video=youtube;qeBDuSnVgjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeBDuSnVgjQ&feature=youtu.be[/video] Mine ....

378. kirua
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:13:23

379. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:19:43

[video=youtube;T8qyErQJDVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8qyErQJDVE[/video]

380. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 15:12:15

Results due on the 7th April Tournament tree [SPOILER="Round 3"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]Pudels Kern Versus JackyMacky Alvaris Versus kirua thebloodgod Versus Van Iota Versus miyat[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]Xienix Versus sangara Deezy Versus Elune enterthedarkrealm Versus Vaan Gland Versus Zkhan[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] @Xienix didn't submit good luck all :D

381. Xienix
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 08:33:14

@Rhino1313 the judges don't have to judge the combo's from: sangara and Elune they have a free pass the the next round

382. Elune
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 10:24:44

@Rhino1313 : can I still have judge's opinions ? EDIT : omg you changed ur name xD

383. kirua
    Date: Sat, Apr 7 2012 19:21:38

Dl today ?

384. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Apr 7 2012 20:30:59

Omgomgomg, can't wait for the results. >_<

385. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Apr 7 2012 23:38:00

So, are they coming out today? Not expecting much...

386. Iota
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 18:27:42

Yeah......<_<

387. Van
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 18:33:37

another week delay? awesome

388. Gland
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 18:56:50

Van wrote: another week delay? awesome
    *sigh*

389. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 19:20:10

Another week... If you need me, you know where I'll be.

Spoiler

390. Elune
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 04:27:36

lol and another extension :rofl:

391. kirua
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 06:47:53

Says who?

392. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 06:48:32

this delay is completely expected <_<

393. Pudels Kern
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 16:30:51

c'mon @Hippo2626 don't forget about us.

394. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 04:59:11

[SPOILER="Results"] [SPOILER="Upper Bracket"] [SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus JackyMacky (Winner: JackyMacky 3-0)"] Judge 1: Jackymacky's combo is way harder than Pudels' and the usage of 1p2h was cool. Pudels showed a great smoothness and some cool elements, as those spins or the aerial tricks. Winner: Jackymacky Judge 2: pudels kern nice execution, have certain difficulty jackymacky - winner smooth combo, 0:15-0:19min nice and artistic combo Judge 3: PK: Not your best combo yet. quite a fair amount of filler segments and not as creative as your previous rounds but it was well executed. Still relatively difficult Jacky: Execution could be better and the background with the bright lighting make it a little hard to see. However I can see a healthy amount of attempts to be creative and it had difficulty which gives you the win imo. Winner: Jacky [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Alvaris Versus kirua (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: Both them made great combos with hard linkages. kirua's linkages were slightly harder, but the execution looks a bit unsafe in some parts of the combo. Alvaris' execution is better though, but the finisher is weak. Finally I choose Alvaris as the winner, because the overall execution is better while the linkages are similar in difficulty, apart from managing to keep the rhythm throughout the whole combo. Winner: Alvaris Judge 2: alvaris - winner initial with nice linkages, but not a good ending for this combo kirua slow and smooth combo, but not really execute difficult tricks Judge 3: Close battle. Kirua had some cool links but alva had more and cooler links but Kirua's difficulty was higher. Though alvaris' finisher was shakey, overall kira's control wasn't very good which is why i gave the win to Alva. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus Van (Winner: thebloodgod 3-0)"] Judge 1: Van pulled out a great but really short combo with some little execution/rhythm issues. thebloodgod's combo is better in terms of difficulty, but it gets really repetitive in some parts, and the execution could be improved as well. After watching the combos over and over again I think thebloodgod wins, but that was a really close match. Winner: thebloodgod Judge 2: thebloodgod - winner nice combo, work hard on creativity Van not really an attractive combo, try more difficult tricks Judge 3: Pretty clear winner imo. thebloodgod had a harder longer combo, with better presentation and execution. Creativity was quite on even from both combos though. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Iota Versus miyat (Winner: Iota 3-0)"]Judge 1: Another close battle. Both of them had execution problems, especially miyat, and both of them made short combos. miyat's linkages were more creative and possibly harder, but the execution was worse and a 5sec spread ending gets a little bit boring. On the other side, Iota's linkages are easier, not meaning easy at all. After several minutes thinking this goes for Iota. Judge 2: Iota - winner 0:14min to ending tricks is nice, overall is good miyat bad catch at 0:08min, ending is a little bit boring, need work hard on creativity Judge 3: Both spinners had execution and spam problems but miyat's were much more obvious and worse. Even though miyat's combo was harder and more creative, those presentation and execution issues were much higher so the win goes to iota. [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"] [SPOILER="Xienix Versus sangara (Winner: sangara)"] Judge 1: -Nil- Judge 2: Sangara - winner not sure whether the 0:13min is purposely drop it or it accidentally, anyhow, still winner Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Deezy Versus Elune (Winner: Elune)"] -Nil- Judge 2: Elune - winner good execution, sometimes out of cam, lack of creativity Judge 3: -Nil- [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="enterthedarkrealm Versus Vaan (Winner: Vaan 2-1)"] Judge 1: Vaan's presentation was horrible, he should have refilmed. In spite of enterthedarkrealm's execution problems, this battle goes for him: harder combo, better linkages, better presentation. Winner: enterthedarkrealm Judge 2: enterthedarkrealm not a very good presentation and execution, lack of creativity Vaan - winner seems like Earthquake at 0:12min, lack of creativity, bad ending Judge 3: another pretty clear winner also. enterthedarkrealm showed us a decent freestyle. but not enough for a tournament. Bad presentation and execution. Lack of creativity and difficulty. Vaan was quite smooth and had decent creativity and difficulty. That camera shake was a pain to watch though [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Gland Versus Zkhan (Winner: Gland 2-1)"] Judge 1: Zkhan still needs to improve his execution, but his linkages got insanely better. GLAND's combo was really cool too, especially that trick towards the end. Taking a look at the whole combo, GLAND's combo was made with some hard linkages put together with easy minicombos/linkages, while Zkhan's was almost completely made up of great linkages. After thinking about this for a good while, this goes for Zkhan. Winner: Zkhan Judge 2:Gland - winner nice ending trick, good execution, slower the speed will looks much better Zkhan execution and overall is fine, just lack of creativity Judge 3: Interesting battle. There were minor execution issues on both sides but Glands were more obvious. land's combo however was much more difficult because it's longer, had some difficult tricks in it and obviously the highlight near the end of the combo was insanely difficult. creativity was quite even but the presentation was slightly better on Zkhan's end which evens out with my execution comment. So Gland wins because of higher difficulty [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 3.5"] Tournament Tree [SPOILER="Upper Bracket (You can take a break for this round but these are your battles in Round 4)"] @Zkhan [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] Sorry for the lateness. 2 judges submitted late and 1 of them could not submit so I had to get a backup judge last minute (Judge 3) Anyways due for round 3.5 is on the 25th April 12am PST Only those in the lower bracket will be in round 3.5. The upper bracket peeps can relax for this round. GL all

395. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 05:00:14

march 25th? lol

396. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 05:05:49

Thank you @Alvaris I learned a lot from this tournament.

397. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 05:10:26

My bad. Fixt it already 25th April

398. Elune
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 05:37:09

@kirua : well....good luck ...I'm doomed already :rofl:

399. Van
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 05:59:03

[video=youtube;4YJAGok61nY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YJAGok61nY[/video] yes i filmed now :rofl: if 2 finger triangle pass is not considered "Hard" and a combo being 17 seconds is short, i have nothing left (sun) @Hippo2626

400. Elune
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 06:37:02

Why don't you invest some time planning and filming another one @.@ Still 2 weeks left

401. kirua
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 08:50:18

Elune wrote: @kirua : well....good luck ...I'm doomed already :rofl:
    Alvaris said the same stuff before ;) I don't even know if I'll record something serious tbh

402. Mats
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 09:31:06

kirua wrote: Alvaris said the same stuff before ;) I don't even know if I'll record something serious tbh
    Disappointing man. I thought you would be the one to win this. = /

403. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 13:10:35

Mats wrote: Disappointing man. I thought you would be the one to win this. = /
    Don't be bummed out, he still has another chance since this is double elimination.

404. Elune
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 13:16:09

Alvaris said the same stuff before I don't even know if I'll record something serious tbh
    lol now you really said that :rofl: I'm really doomed :rofl: Btw, the deadline coincides with my final exam streak (23-26 April) :boing:

405. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 13:19:04

Elune wrote: lol now you really said that :rofl: I'm really doomed :rofl: Btw, the deadline coincides with my final exam streak (23-26 April) :boing:
    i believe in you, you can make a good combo and ace your exams :D

406. miyat
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 14:26:56

Gg, Iota you won fair and square. Hopefully I can do better this round against Gland.

407. Iota
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 14:35:49

Thanks man, good luck in your battle! To be honest, it should have been much closer, 2-1 at the very least if not a win for you imho. Even if it were a win for me, I don't feel like it should be for the reasons given by the judges..

408. Gland
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 14:57:44

miyat wrote: Gg, Iota you won fair and square. Hopefully I can do better this round against Gland.
    hmm.. I don't think can produce better combo this round.. lack of materials. :p

409. Alvaris
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 15:35:47

i'm surprised that i won 3-0, i was pretty sure i would lose 3-0 instead lol

410. Xienix
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 16:25:34

hmmm....am out :D i didn't had much time to film so am happy that am out of the tournament ^_^

411. kirua
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 17:01:56

Mats wrote: Disappointing man. I thought you would be the one to win this. = /
    As much as I like and respect Alvaris- he could have done much better than this round. I really thought that I would win this round, too. I am also disappointed. 3-0 is a slap in the face.

412. Alvaris
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 17:30:25

I thought your control/execution was near perfect too :/

413. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:25:01

Pudels Kern and Kirua lost? :whut: DAFUQ?

414. Elune
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:19:24

I wasn't too surprised to see PK's loss (he really held back too much) but found Alvaris's victory quite unexpected ... Both were awesome (yeah totally awesome) but I thought kirua would win >.>

415. kirua
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 08:14:24

My clip:

416. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Apr 21 2012 00:50:12

4 days to go

417. Van
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 02:19:10

@Hippo2626 [video=youtube;Fa3Zk92rAvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3Zk92rAvk[/video]

418. Gland
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 20:20:57

my combo: :sleeping:

419. miyat
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 05:25:36

[video=youtube;WoVo1mSPreM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoVo1mSPreM[/video] May the best combo win Gland. :] From yt description: Watch slomo please. Most of it is new material, check out the beginning and end linkages. Aside from that, ugly eh? I thought I had another night to film, so I ended up staying up late doing this. My style dies when I'm so tired.

420. Vaan
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 06:58:47

[video=youtube;9oJAjMkrii4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJAjMkrii4&feature=plcp&context=C4f125c2VDvjVQa1PpcFP5tR_Zt13y522izT6OPEh6 9JdgVLiu9pM%3D[/video]

421. sangara
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 06:23:48

I'm a terrible person. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-10mUTCQ98&feature=youtu.be

422. Elune
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:29:33

I'm more terrible @kirua ... :)

423. kirua
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 13:05:58

Very bad @Elune :/ Would have loved to see your clip.

424. Elune
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 13:10:45

I'm very sorry for this >.> Disappointed by myself as well Really I cannot arrange my time, and both of my hands are painful ... Could've freestyled but I thought forfeiting would be much quicker >.> Sorry again @kirua :|

425. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 13:30:58

@sangara: Awesome combo! I like your slow and smooth spinning.

426. Elune
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 13:34:31

Well, if it needs judging then ... :boing: I wish the DL could be extended to Sunday so I can prepare it better but ... [video=youtube;CghEEeUD6R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CghEEeUD6R0[/video]

427. kirua
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 05:39:41

Thanks @Elune I appreciate this =) You might actually win, too

428. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 07:52:06

[SPOILER="Round 3.5"][SPOILER="Lower Bracket"] Pudels Kern Versus sangara kirua Versus Elune Van Versus Vaan miyat Versus Gland [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Judging is due on the 5th May. Hopefully earlier since there's a few combos to judge only. GL all

429. Elune
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:19:15

why no miyat ?

430. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 23:46:59

>< must have missed it.. Added it in already. Thanks :)

431. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 09:11:20

[SPOILER="Round 3.5 Results"] [SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus sangara (Winner: Pudels Kerns 2-1)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern : E : 4.75/5, nearly perfect D : 3.75/5, nice linkages, no hard tricks, but really good overall C : 2/5, cool linkages P : 4.5/5, lack of luminosity, but still very good. => 15/20 Sangara : E : 2.5/5, one big mistake D : 4.5/5, good linkages and nice wrist spin C : 3/5, nothing new, but wrist spin well used P : 4.5/5, same than above. => 14.5/20 Pudels Kern wins, but Sangara would have won without the mistake at the beginning of the combo =/ Judge 2: PK vs sangara. Winner: sangara sangara showed a more complete and complex combo than Pudels. Pudels seemed to be quite repetitive and loses a bit of control after the aerials. Judge 3: This was a close battle. Presentation was pretty much on an even footing. Sangara's difficulty was slightly higher but pk showed a little more creativity. So the deciding factor was the major mistake sangara made in his combo that cost him the battle. Badass wristspin though [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="kirua Versus Elune (Winner: Kirua 3-0)"]Judge 1: Kirua : E :4.25/5, very good, just a small hesitation while catching the pen with 14 D : 3.75/5, good linkages and some good hard tricks C : 2/5, cool linkages P : 4.5/5, not "perfect", but very good. =>14.5/20 Elune : E :4.75/5, very good D : 3/5, some cool linkages, nothing really impressive C : 1/5, nothing really creative nor original P : 4.5/5 =>13.25/20 Kirua wins Judge 2: kirua vs Elune. Winner: kirua Both showed hard combos with a good structure, but kirua had an extreme smoothness with crazy linkages, and the result was more appealing. Elune had some good linkages as well, his combo lacked a bit of variety though. Good battle. Judge 3: Pretty clear that kirua was the winner for this one. I jsut wish elune could have submitted something better than a freestyle :(. Kirua had better links, higher difficulty and a not so spammy combo.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Van Versus Vaan (Winner: Vaan 3-0)"]Judge 1: Van vs Vaan Van : E : 4.75/5, very good D : 3/5, some good things, nothing really impressive C : 1/5, i've not seen anything P : 3.5/5 , several time nearly offscreen => 12.25/20 Vaan : E : 5/5, perfect D : 3.5/5, lack of hard tricks or really good linkages C : 1/5, nothing here too P : 4.5/5, very good => 14/20 Vaan wins Judge 2: Van vs Vaan. Winner: Vaan Close battle, but finally I'm choosing Vaan because his combo has a higher complexity. Vaan's combo is filled with subtle linkages that make the combo harder than it looks. The asynched 2p2h bit is good too, but quite simple. Van made another short combo with good linkages and good style, but this wasn't enough. Judge 3: Man, why did the 2 spinners with the most similar names have to face of with each other, it's so confusing >< Vaan's combo really impressed me in this round. It shows a lot of improvement from all his previous ones. He is getting more proficient in integrating linkages and creative stuff in your combos. The only thing was the starting 2p2h sequence was kinda useless since it was just a lot of standard spinning on that hand which didn't add much difficulty or any creativity or presentation to the synergy to the combo. Other then that, I loved it. Van's was a solid combo overall but it was outclassed by vaan's in terms of difficulty and creativity. Though the execution was better both parties had were suffering in persentation because of the offcam parts so the win goes to Vaan.[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="miyat Versus Gland (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: Gland : E : 4.75/5, nearly perfect D : 4/5, very cool stuff C : 2.75/5, some creative linkages P : 4.5/5, very good => 16/20 Miyat : E : 4.5/5, sometimes a bit jerky D : 4.5/5 : nice linkages, great finish C : 3.5/5, great finish, very creative P : 4.5/5, very good => 17/20 Miyat wins. Great battle Judge 2: miyat vs Gland. Winner: miyat miyat seems to have been working on the execution, and the improvement is noticeable. Sick linkages, sick difficulty and ok execution, still a lot to improve but that's the way to go. Gland was quite average this time, though he pulled out a good combo. Judge 3: This battle was similar to Van vs Vaan but a more extreme case. gland's combo was pretty damn good combo overall with good use of links and tricks that added difficulty and flow to the combo. Execution very strong and presentation had no issues for the most part. miyat, in his typical fashion sacrificed a lot execution for a more "newage" weirdass and awesome linkages that are real creative and damn difficult which imo secures him the win since he didn't have any major presentation issues also.[/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 4"] Tournament Tree [SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]@Gland[/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] Due For round 4 is the 21th May 2012 12am As usual Good luck All :D

432. Gland
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 09:51:45

result out as I predicted. nice to battle with you miyat! glhf for the next round ^^

433. kirua
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 09:58:43

@Gland you did very well this tournament, doesn't really matter that you lost again, we appreciate your skill anyway =)

434. Fuse
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 12:52:59

Predictions for r4? I think Avaris will beat JackyMacky, Iota will beat TBG, Kirua will beat Pudels Kern, not sure on Miyat vs Vaan. We should have betting on the big tournaments such as this, WT, etc (I bet you ten Miffy bodies that ____ will win). :P

435. Elune
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 13:35:07

TBG is gonna win against Iota I just know that :boing:

436. Nashi
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 14:32:29

@Pudels Kern Damn, nice GPC battle. :P tbg vs Iota also very nice.

437. sangara
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 14:51:20

GG's Pudels :) <3

438. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 16:41:12

JackyMacky for the win.

439. Pudels Kern
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 16:52:40

gg @sangara you still got the skills man so don't quit ps

440. sangara
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 17:15:45

Not quitting, just retiring from serious competition. :D

441. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 17:41:18

Good luck @Alvaris.

442. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 18:04:58

Thanks, you too (sun)

443. miyat
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 20:33:36

Mhm, it was a nice battle Gland. Let's try our best Vaan :].

444. Iota
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 20:36:09

@sangara, think of it as going back into the shadows to secretly train awesome skillzzzz, rather than retiring :<

445. sangara
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 22:21:38

Nope I've learned that I do my best spinning spontaneously, not with deadlines. :<

446. Iota
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 23:53:54

Then film way ahead of deadline, spontaneously :>>>>

447. Vaan
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 07:04:26

i don't know why i am still surviving XD. my last round i think i will do my very best! :D Good luck miyat

448. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, May 15 2012 00:56:18

less than a week to go guise.

449. Vaan
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 13:37:56

i forfeit the round, can't film so i have to use my old video.

450. kirua
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 21:59:37

451. Pudels Kern
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 00:28:37

[video=youtube;nxidDSr4Be8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxidDSr4Be8[/video] Wow, there are no similarities. I used a completely different set of tricks. I'm glad that I don't have to judge this :D

452. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 02:39:32

[video=youtube;G96Cq20MwFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G96Cq20MwFk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

453. Iota
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 04:54:09

[video=youtube;mQb0v4SbWBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mQb0v4SbWBk[/video]

454. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 10:53:44

@thebloodgod where is your clip?

455. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 13:07:49

@Hippo2626,im very sorry for this,busy with my study so i'll send it to you shortly Y___Y

456. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 01:55:50

It's been around a day already @Iota doesn't mind you being late.

457. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 02:05:50

@Hippo2626 I think this is thebloodgod's combo if I'm not mistaken. The combo starts at 2:05. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD5pEBSD7G0

458. Iota
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 02:29:29

@Hippo2626 I don't mind, would hate to win by a DQ

459. thebloodgod
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 03:48:28

farewell cruel world,it seems that my journey ends here T____T

460. MickChickenn
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 04:28:06

thebloodgod wrote: farewell cruel world,it seems that my journey ends here T____T
    LOL. That's cute. You. Losing. AHAHAAHAHAHA!

461. i.suk
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 07:19:23

thebloodgod wrote: farewell cruel world,it seems that my journey ends here T____T
    you have to lose again to be out, i think :P

462. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 10:55:53

[SPOILER="Round 4"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]JackyMacky Versus Alvaris thebloodgod Versus Iota [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]Pudels Kern Versus kirua Vaan Versus miyat[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Results due on the 30th May. @miyat. Vaan submitted late, you don't mind accepting a late entry right?

463. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 16:23:27

i think you should change the title to round 4 videos out lol

464. miyat
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 20:18:35

Hippo2626 wrote: Vaan submitted late, you don't mind accepting a late entry right?
    Nope

465. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 21:37:49

@JackyMacky taiwanese represent :D

466. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 02:34:56

[video=youtube;Gr8XAta089s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8XAta089s[/video] Re upload with cut.

467. DrDoofenshmirtz
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 08:15:49

Walao when is the next one

468. Iota
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 21:32:24

?_? it takes like many months to finish with this type of schedule, so probably a whillllllle

469. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 09:44:20

[SPOILER="Round 4 Results"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"][SPOILER="JackyMacky Versus Alvaris (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: JackyMacky : E : 0.5 / 5, several big mistakes D : 2.75/5 : somme good tricks, but very common links, and mistakes were made on those good tricks C : 1/5, common 1p2h P : 2.5/5, somme big offscreen Too bad, the mistakes killed this combo, and it was way too long, thus there was some spam =/ It's not a bad combo itself, but at this stage of the tournament, i have to judge more strictly. => 6.75/20 Alvaris : E : 4.75/5, very good, nearly perfect D : 4/5 : very good tricks, nice finisher, lack of impressive links though. C : 3.5/5, i've seen several pretty original tricks P : 4/5, in spite of the lack of luminosity, it's very good too => 16.25/20 Winner : Alvaris Judge 2: JackyMacky vs Alvaris. Winner: Alvaris Alvaris' combo was better in any aspect. Looking at the execution, JackyMacky had some sloppy parts/transfers, and there are some noticeable mistakes. Alvaris should improve the lighting though, it makes it hard to appreciate what he does without changing the brightness parameters. Judge 3: As usual, Alvaris dazzles again with his combos. This was one of his best in terms of the execution and control. The only minor problem was the shitty lighting... Other than that, awesome difficulty and badass linkages. JackyMacky has improved in his use of 2 hands compared to previous rounds but with the unfortunate circumstances, the mistakes that were made it the comb were way to obvious. Quite possibly a 0 for execution if I were to use the wc judging scheme. 1 if a judge was kind :( . Plus overall the combos difficulty didn't come close to the difficulty of Alvaris' combos so Alva is the clear winner. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus Iota (Winner: Iota 2-1)"]Judge 1: thebloodgod : E : 4.5/5, nearly perfect D : 4.25/5, lovely links, some good tricks, too bad the beginning was way harder than the end, the same difficulty during the whole combo would have been impressive. C : 3.5/5, some very unusual links P : 4.5/5, pretty good => 16.75/20 Iota : E : 4.25/5, one very small "mistake" around 0:16 D : 4.25/5, good links, some good tricks, good finisher, but nothing absolutely amazing C : 3.5/5, several unusual things P : 4.5/5, pretty good => 16.5/20 Winner : As the difference is only by 0.25 and as my judging is not accurate enough for such a small difference to be noticeable, and if i'm authorized to vote for a draw, then it'll be a draw. If i absolutely have to choose a winner, then it'll be thebloodgod. Judge 2: thebloodgod vs Iota. Winner: Iota Close match. Both had good linkages, but Iota's were slightly better. thebloodgod's combo seemed to lost any confidence or structure between 2:18 and 2:24, it looks like he's just adding spam to the combo. Also, regarding execution, both had slight mistakes. In conclusion, Iota wins this, since he kept the difficulty and rhythm through all the combo while tbg used some flashy linkages here and there while using average linkages in the rest of the combo. Judge 3: Iota's combo was just jam packed with good stuff. I would say this form of combo structures really goes well with your littleboy-ish style. Very creative and pretty difficult. My only input is not to similar linkages close to each other or even in the same combo unless theres a good reason for it (ie, the tipped charge 14 linkages and the FL TA linkages) it felt slightly repetitive on first viewing but it didn't really affect the overall combo all that much. Other then the slightly shaky power trick section, it was too good overall. TBG's combo was kinda' weak compared to the previous rounds also due to his studies. Overall there were some good linkages at the beginning and some form of difficulty but it wasn't enough compared to Iota's combo. There were also some shaky sections and some speed issues but the biggest problem was the spam in the combo. There were around 5 instances where he used thumbcharges. So the winner for this one was clearly Iota too. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"][SPOILER="Pudels Kern Versus kirua (Winner: Kirua 2-1)"]Judge 1: Pudels Kern : E : 4/5, some little pause in the combo D : 4/5, good overall, but appart from the finisher, nothing really amazing C : 4.5/5, the particularity of the mod is not that well used, and it has been done before, but the combo itself is very creative. P : 4.5/5, nice. =>17/20 kirua : E : 5/5, perfect D : 4/5, great linkages C : 3/5, some very unusual linkages P : 4.5/5, nice => 16.5/20 Winner : Pudels Kern Judge 2: Pudels Kern vs Kirua. Winner: Kirua I tried hard to understand PK's complexity, but I can't help but thinking this time it wasn't enough. As a result of the lack of sonics and passes, the combo is quite repetitive and the structure is not complex enough, since it's basically made of a small number of tricks and some variations. Kirua didn't manage to send a good combo this time, at least compared to his previous combos, but he still shows some hard linkages (great start) and some really good sequences. I was expecting a bit more from this battle :( Judge 3: Very close match. It was very hard to see which was better. PK's combo was very original. The idea for adding something to the mod to spin it was seen before on rare occasions but the more brilliant side to it was the fact that you chose to remove the sonics and passes which are the most used tricks in a combo was just outstanding. Kirua on the other hand had a good balance of super difficult stuff and decently creative linkages in his combo. I felt i boiled down to whose execution and presentation was better. It seemed as though PK's execution was sightly worse with the minor pauses and his presentation was not as good because since he chose to remove all the sonics and passes, it was a very spammy combo backfiring on him so the winner is Kirua. EPIC MATCH [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Vaan Versus miyat (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: Vaan : E : 5/5, perfect D : 2.5/5, good linkages C : 1/5, =/ P : 4.5/5, nice =>13/20 miyat : E : 2.25/5, lots of terrible mistakes ! D : 4.5/5, some hard tricks and links, so pretty good C : 2.75/5, some unusual links and tricks P : 4/5, correct => 13.5/20 Winner : miyat. But please, work a bit more on the execution, it's hard to like a combo executed like that =( Judge 2: Vaan vs miyat. Winner: miyat Disappointing match. Vaan showed good execution and smoothness, but his combo was empty and easy. On the other side, miyat showed some insane linkages but the execution is really poor. After a long time thinking about it, miyat is the winner, because of the high complexity of his combo. Judge 3: miyat was, as usual, showing off a lot of his fancy linkages and insane difficulty. Sadly the execution problems for this combo were too big and obvious. You really have got to work on them man. it would make your intricate combos look soooo damn good. Vaan's combo was very well executed but it was expected considering how simple that combo was. It was unfortunate again (wow 3 spinners had external circumstances that cause their combos to be not up to standard) that you couldn't pump out a better combo. Sadly that freestyle is not good enough to beat such a high level difficulty combo. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 4.5"] Tournament Tree [SPOILER="Upper Bracket (You can take a break for this round but these are your battles in Round 5)"]@Vaan[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Due Date for R4.5 is 12am 15th June PST Good Luck all ^^

470. Nashi
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 11:01:41

I hope, tbg makes a better combo next round. And yay, Iota vs Alvaris, that'll be interesting. I'm just sad that Pudels Kern is out. T__T

471. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 11:49:13

good luck iota!

472. VikroaL
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 14:49:56

Whoa, Iota vs Alvaris, this is gonna be quite interesting :D Give your best guys, I'm expecting a lot from you!

473. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 16:12:51

I hope that Judge 1 can PM me an explanation on how TBG's difficulty is even remotely close to Iota's. You won't have to worry about your identity being exposed, I honestly won't reveal it. I am genuinely interested in your thought processes when it comes to the judging.

474. Fuse
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 19:27:26

No one knows the judges? What? Zombo is probably one of the three though.

475. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 22:54:34

Good luck @miyat. ^_^

476. Elune
    Date: Thu, May 31 2012 03:06:18

I seriously hope that TBG can make it to the final >.> He's studying like hell for the graduation exam >.> Good luck then @kirua, I'm rooting for you :D

477. thebloodgod
    Date: Thu, May 31 2012 05:51:02

@Nashi , it might be worse as for the result,im really happy that it turned out to be 1-2 (thought it would be 0-3 tho since Iota's combo looks more cooler than mine)

478. Nashi
    Date: Thu, May 31 2012 08:23:01

Don't you dare to give your best, tbg! :< Or i'll get really angry.

479. kirua
    Date: Thu, May 31 2012 12:41:17

Thanks @thebloodgod - I don't really have any time for PS right now, too. But let's give our best anyways :)

480. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:36:17

Less than a week to go guys.

481. kirua
    Date: Thu, Jun 14 2012 19:55:43

482. thebloodgod
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 06:09:13

sorry @kirua,i quit :(

483. HoanGK
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 06:50:40

thebloodgod wrote: sorry @kirua,i quit :(
    the hell ???

484. kirua
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 08:55:47

Why ? You don't know how difficult it was for me to record something anyway these days :/:/

485. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 09:24:36

@thebloodgod when did you turn from an honorable opponent into a lazy coward? =___=" you can do better than this

486. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:00:56

[SPOILER="Round 4.5"][SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]thebloodgod Versus kirua JackyMacky Versus miyat[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Results due on the 22nd June as usual. As long as kirua allows it, thebloodgod can still submit late.

487. Nashi
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:15:52

@thebloodgod: that's unfair, and you know it. .___. don't just quit, or i'm getting really angry.

488. Fuse
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:37:02

People who participate in tournaments and cups, y u no put in effort?

489. Elune
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 13:48:11

I can understand that he's entering one of his most important exams in his life in just a few days but.... really.... :|

490. kirua
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 15:45:07

@Hippo2626 Sure I do !

491. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 17:53:50

come on vic jr... dont quit! you got shoes to fill o well... i was really looking forward to your vid in this round

492. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Jun 15 2012 19:36:10

@thebloodgod I feel you bro. :( But at least submit something pleeeeeeeease? ^_^

493. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 04:26:10

@Sc00t im really sorry for this but dont you guys study too?

494. Sc00t
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 05:18:47

thebloodgod wrote: @Sc00t im really sorry for this but dont you guys study too?
    ey you do what you have to, i wont lose any respect for you and noone else will either :) i just was looking forward to it because to me you're like the new vicgotgame in the same sense fel2fram is fratleym or s777 is bonkura etc... im sure we'll see u in world competitions

495. kirua
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 06:14:33

@thebloodgod Sure, do what you have to do. It also depends on the judges.

496. Iota
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 07:53:57

@thebloodgod While I understand the need to study, I find it very hard to believe that for the past month or so, over the course of time for both our battle and your battle with kirua, you've been studying the entire time and had no opportunity to plan, rehearse, and/or film a combo on par with what you'd want. You should try to film or plan your time for combos a little more ahead of time when participating in a tournament, especially if you know the schedule and that someone is using material and trying against you. If you really were studying THAT hard though, that you've had absolutely no free time for nearly a month due to studies...isn't that too much studying? But either way, I don't really mean that as an accusation, but more as just a suggestion for future tournaments -- good luck on your exam(s) and I hope you are able to film something (sun)

497. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 08:53:16

Iota wrote: @thebloodgod While I understand the need to study, I find it very hard to believe that for the past month or so, over the course of time for both our battle and your battle with kirua, you've been studying the entire time and had no opportunity to plan, rehearse, and/or film a combo on par with what you'd want. You should try to film or plan your time for combos a little more ahead of time when participating in a tournament, especially if you know the schedule and that someone is using material and trying against you. If you really were studying THAT hard though, that you've had absolutely no free time for nearly a month due to studies...isn't that too much studying? But either way, I don't really mean that as an accusation, but more as just a suggestion for future tournaments -- good luck on your exam(s) and I hope you are able to film something (sun)
    i have been studying for the graduation and placement exams since April and there was a two-week break though.During these time,i did have free time and filmed lots of vids for collabs and the tourny itself

498. Demon
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 09:04:48

sad not to see u spin but all the best for ur exams :)

499. Fuse
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 13:28:06

I've never had MAJOR studying yet, but someone as good as you could take an hour to make and film a combo imo. Good luck with exams!

500. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:25:24

Friday is way too late. A few days delay is slightly acceptable. This tournament was intended to focus mainly on the spinning side of being in a tournament hence there were a lot of lee way in terms of lateness but there has to be some line that cant be crossed. If you delay a submission for any tournament, it would delay the entire tournament by quite a bit of time. Plus this is not the first time so there has to be some form of penalty.

501. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 10:21:12

[SPOILER="Round 4.5 Results"][SPOILER="thebloodgod Versus kirua (Winner: kirua)"]Judge 1: -Nil- Judge 2: -Nil- Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="JackyMacky Versus miyat (Winner: miyat 3-0)"]Judge 1: JackyMacky : E : 4.5/5 D : 3.5/5 : very hard powerpass, but the rest is quite common C : 1.5/5, an original powerpass, that's all P : 5/5=> 14.5/20 Miyat : E : 4.25/5, tempo could be better, but it's still ok D : 4/5, very good links C : 2.5/5, i've seen some very unusual links P : 4.75/5, a bit dark=> 15.5/20 Winner : Miyat Judge 2: JackyMacky best use of both hands to perform tricks,nice transition from left to right, nice execution, just need more creativity miyat (vote for this guy )overall is good, nice linkages, nice combo, ending can improve more Judge 3: JackyMacky vs miyat. Winner: miyat JackyMacky did an (almost) clean combo, with some cool ideas here and there. However, all of he did with his left hand was merely a filler and wasn't any difficult. On the other hand miyat had some great ideas, and he improved his execution, yet he's still having some noticeable mistakes. In the end, considering the overall dificulty, creativity and all of the other aspects, miyat is the winner. [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 5"]Tournament Tree [SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]@JackyMacky[/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] Due date for submission is the 5th July 12am PST Good Luck all

502. miyat
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:08:07

May the best combo win Kirua! GL everyone. -._-.

503. x3silver
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:37:19

Wow tough battle :O

504. kirua
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 18:21:17

Good luck, too @miyat =)

505. thebloodgod
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 03:07:25

haha :D ,thought so hippo,i understand its impossible to allow someone to delay the tournament that much.Anyways,i had fun :) good luck kirua ;)

506. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 04:23:25

I've learned a lot from this tourney and I feel that I haven't given my all. Good luck to the remaining competitors. :)

507. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 04:32:39

Good luck to everyone.

508. Iota
    Date: Fri, Jun 29 2012 03:28:06

aww, I thought the due date was the 7th somehow x_x'' I'm in North Carolina for a week, with family to go to a cousin's wedding and stuff, and am getting back July 6th. I took my camera just in case, at least ;_; good thing I did In other words, I should be able to film on time, but it'll be a crappy couch/bed angle or something improv'd, sorry ;3;

509. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Jun 29 2012 15:28:21

nooo D: i'm fine with it being late though D:

510. Iota
    Date: Sat, Jun 30 2012 04:43:56

Ah, well I could juts practice hard here and film it the day after I get back (will be getting back late prolly, it's a long drive also), i.e. July 7th. I'd really like to not cause any trouble or delay more for Hippo and judges, though. If it'd be preferred that I wait till then, I will though. Also, @Alvaris, only the angle would be improvised and not as nice or w/e (also maybe a bit less resolution/fps), I've already got the combo planned. Don't worry about that, no way I'd be mean and make you win that way man ^^

511. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Jun 30 2012 05:48:40

Ah, okay then gl (sun)

512. kirua
    Date: Sun, Jul 1 2012 15:37:16

513. Iota
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 14:00:17

@Alvaris Ugh, there hasn't really been as much downtime for me to try to rehearse/film here as I hoped there would have been (it is our family's vacation though after all, so we've been busy most days naturally). Today is Independence Day for the US, so we'll be somewhat busy too though I'll practice and try to film anyways if I think I might be able to, but I doubt it, especially since we might go do something before dinner and all that today too >_< This would be fine, since the due date is July 5th midnight PST, but that's the day we're driving back. Since it's an 11 hour drive or more with small stops, and we're planning on leaving around noon to three PM, we won't get back till one to three AM, which is like just before the deadline, and we'd all be asleep or out of it after such a long drive. Basically, if it's all right then I'd like to just film on Friday, since I'll be back home and have an angle, and will actually have time to do it. If a day's delay isn't acceptable, then I can try my best to just stay up all tonight or as much as I can and try. I'm really sorry about it even being an issue, this trip was seriously at the worst time possible filming-wise, so I tried to work on it and get something filmed possibly beforehand, but that didn't work out. I really wanted to not even have to ask for any kind of delay, since there have been many already throughout the tourney ;_____; Just let me know when you can I guess.

514. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 18:40:26

I'm fine with the delay, I mean, it couldn't be helped right? It's your family vacation D: take your time and do your best x)

515. Iota
    Date: Thu, Jul 5 2012 07:38:10

Alright, thanks man ^^' Yeah, not really ;x; I wanted to try to film here but we did stuff a lot and I didn't really get enough focused practice or film time in, unless I wanted to get like no sleep some night x_x I'll have it in sometime Friday, definitely.

516. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 02:35:57

it's okay iota since alva is fine with the delay and it isn't ridiculously late.

517. Iota
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 02:50:46

alright, thanks man x_x I was gonna try to do it in the couple hours after the like 10 hr drive before deadline is up, but I'm ready to pass out ;_; so tired

518. kirua
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 06:17:56

What about miyat ?!

519. miyat
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 06:30:22

kirua wrote: What about miyat ?!
    Uploading to mediafire in a moment. I'm really tired of filming (not spinning) right now x.x. I'm going to be submitting a combo that will also be used for a collab, hope this is okay ><. I tried to film a separate combo the past few days, but it didn't work out. :(

520. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 20:15:39

My combo is already filmed quite some time ago, just unlisted for the time being until iota is done with his so i'll re-upload it when i wake up in like 5 hours x)

521. Iota
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 21:11:25

kay ^^'' I can't really say how long it'll take, I've been at filming for a couple hours already and have to break cuz of tired wrist/arm and such, but I should be done before the day is over in PST >_> you can just leave it unlisted and give to hippo, and wait to make it public till I'm done as well ^_^

522. kirua
    Date: Fri, Jul 6 2012 23:08:12

Sup guys ? Is it possible to finish at least one round without delays ? -.-

523. Iota
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 00:11:44

lol, I haven't ever sent in anything late before, and I really wanted to not, but it couldn't really be helped, worst vacation timing ever ;_________; it didn't help that I thought it was due on the 7th, a day after or two getting back, either .-. good thing I checked at least EDIT: Done filming, good luck Alvaris, I tried my best x_x [video=youtube;DfwXU-QAib0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfwXU-QAib0&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

524. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 01:45:50

[video=youtube;6gQneN3pEWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQneN3pEWc[/video]

525. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 05:55:28

[SPOILER="Round 5"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"]Alvaris Versus Iota[/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]kirua Versus miyat [/SPOILER] [/SPOILER] Results due on the 15th July GL

526. Alex
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 05:59:58

Ill join upsbt On 2014 :D when im good enough

527. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 11:25:33

Unfortunately, 1 judge didn't submit but the winner was already decided with the results that were submitted. [SPOILER="Round 5 Results"][SPOILER="Upper Bracket"][SPOILER="Alvaris Versus Iota (Winner: Iota 2-0)"]Judge 1: Alvaris vs Iota : Alvaris : E : 5/5, perfect D : 4.25/5 : Very good linkages, several good tricks C : 2/5. Some good ideas, a well-used strange wiper, but it seems that you're re-using the same concepts a bit too much. P : 4.25/5, went offcam a bit, and again, seems a bit "repetitive" even if the tricks are different, they come from the same ideas. Total : 15.5/20 Iota : E : 5/5, perfect D : 4.25/5. Alvararis's links are often better, but the trick with the wrist is nice and perfectly used, and the finisher, even though it's a very common one, add some difficulty. C : 2.5/5, Because of the wrist trick P : 4.5/5, very good Total : 16.25/20 Winner : Iota. I prefered Alvaris's combo, but it lacked a small "plus", a small thing to make the difference. Judge 2: Alvaris Overall is good, still very technical style, but some combos are too boring to watch, should try different style. Iota ( voted ) Nice execution, nice linkage, simple ending, overall is good. Judge 3: -Nil-[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Lower Bracket"][SPOILER="Kirua Versus miyat (Winner: Kirua 2-0)"]Judge 1: Kir vs Miyat : Kir : E : 4.75/5. Sometime, you seems a bit hesitating. But your style really fit your smoothness. D : 3.5/5, good links, good ideas. Nothing wonderfull =/ C : 2/5, the combo is well-built at the beginning, with nice ideas for the links. However, it decreases at the end. P : 5/5. Total : 15.25/20 Your combo was very "refreshing" : although there was uncommon links, it's still a very "old style combo", using shadows and stuff like that. I liked it. Miyat : E : 3.25/5, one stop (at 0:01) and one hesitation later D : 3.75/5, the links are very hard, but there's no hard tricks and the combo is so short... C : 3.5/5, very good links overall, nice ideas, even if the tricks are "common" to some extends, they are well linked and there's tons of those hard links. P : 4/5, could have been better =/ Total : 14.5/20 Winner : Kir. I really liked both combo (both more than Iota's combo, even if he has the best score ^^), kir's is a bit "old style" with bounces, shadows and backs, and Miyat is another kind of old style combo, very short but with absolutely no spam. Judge 2: kirua ( voted ) nice execution , overall is better than miyat. miyat short and simpe combo Judge 3: -Nil- [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 5.5"] Tournament Tree [SPOILER="Upper Bracket Upper Bracket (You can take a break for this round but these are your battles in Round 6)"]@miyat[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Due date for R5.5 is the 31st July 2012 12AM PST GLHF guise :D

528. miyat
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 17:28:36

Good battle kirua! I had a great experience this tournament. Thank you to upsb and especially hippo2626 and the judges for making everything possible. I look forward to these last few rounds :].

529. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:09:41

@Alvaris :console:

530. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:21:24

derp, dw about it i've already sworn my vengeance HAHA loljk but yeah

531. astronaut
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 23:01:57

Next year I hoper to qualify for the tournament. I wil probablyl lose in the lower bracket of round 1 though.:badidea:

532. kirua
    Date: Sat, Jul 28 2012 11:36:38

533. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 19:40:30

[video=youtube;RVyU1mTAoc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVyU1mTAoc8[/video]

534. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 00:27:53

[SPOILER="Round 5.5"][SPOILER="Lower Bracket"]Alvaris Verus Kirua[/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Results due on the 11th August. This is almost over hang in there :D

535. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 06:21:01

3 judges pl0x D:

536. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 01:53:50

[SPOILER="Round 5.5 Results"][SPOILER="Alvaris Versus Kirua (Winner: Alvaris 3-0)"]Judge 1: Kirua : E : 4.25/5. The bounce at 0:08 is not well caught, but it's still goodoverall, your style is smooth. D : 4/5, very good links, a good fingerswitch. C : 2.5/5, several good ideas, as usual. Nothing really creative. P : 5/5, everything fine.=> 15.75/20 Alvaris : E : 4/5, a mistake at 0:02, impressive tempo after that. D : 4.75/5, very good. Hard tricks and links, with a perfect rythm. C : 2.25/5, Some unusual stuff, hard to evaluate. Just a bit less than youropponent =) P : 5/5, everything fine.=> 16/20 Winner : Alvaris. The results are veeeery close, but it's because of thedifficulty criteria : i do not want to give 5/5 to Alvaris as i've alreadyseen lots of harder combos, but i felt like his combos was way harder thanKirua's even if Kirua still get a good result in this criteria, so i do nothave enough "place" between 4 and 5 ^^ Judge 2: Erm.. not much comment for this two combos, both did very good job and have high level of difficulty for some linkages.Vote for Alvaris. Judge 3: This battle was a really close one. It's very interesting to watch 'cause both combos were similar in that they were both very modern intricate combos yet their styles were very different from each other. Both combos had similar execution errors but were pretty good overall and presentation was fine as well. However, Alvaris seemed to be able to squeeze in a little more content and difficulty than kirua. It seems like kirua is a little tired out from this tournament and his combo could have been better. if it were a little more difficult it would have been completely even imo. Win goes to Alvaris [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Round 6"]@kirua[/SPOILER] Tournament Tree Due is on the 25th August 12am PST Good luck both of you ^^ FYI, if Alvaris wins this round, both of you will have to battle each other again because iota still hasn't been eliminated once yet.

537. kirua
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 06:30:42

3rd judge was right - I was really tired of doing tournament combos. Both of us had to do a lot of them this year - me being in the position of doing even more than him - so I was out of ideas and motivation. Doing about 11 ? tournament combos is just too much for me and my freetime, good job anyway from Alvaris =) He earned the win and I thank everyone for this tournament =)

538. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 09:48:12

Thanks kirua! You did a very good job too, making combos without fail each round especially when you're busy and still came so far into the tournament D: iota iota, good luck (sun)

539. Iota
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 18:25:13

Wait what it's due 2 hours after midnight Friday my time, I thought it was due midnight Saturday ;____; This was my first week back to uni classes and stuff, thought we had a weekend like normal .-___.- I'll film though, or try anyways, I was planning to bike to indoor climbing and such but I hope hands aren'ttoo tired ;-;

540. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 19:02:38

oh whut same here ._. i might be a little late once again -.-

541. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Aug 25 2012 01:01:22

The due can be pushed back to sunday then

542. Iota
    Date: Sat, Aug 25 2012 02:14:23

Okay holy fuck thank you thank you thank you please please do <33333333333333333333 I biked 16 miles to indoor climbing gym, then bouldered for 2 hours, then biked 16 miles back to school. I would have been able to film right after anyways (maybe), but I overcorrected a turn to avoid the curb and ended up falling and screwing up my bike's tire alignment and shit. So the way back took like forever, and I got somewhat lost, and it was nighttime and really dark ;_;. Even though I would have tried filming for 7 hrs anyways, it would have been really painful since my hands are buzzing with pain and fatigue from biking and then bouldering (lol grip so much) and biking and falling. /endrant

543. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Aug 25 2012 07:41:53

that's..extreme o_o" take care man thanks hippo!

544. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Aug 26 2012 09:03:28

Ouch... Rest well man. If you really can't film by sunday, as long as alva is fine with a delay, it'll be okay also. As long as it isn't a 1 week delay or something like that

545. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Aug 26 2012 20:48:26

[video=youtube;VjcCmMXKRPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjcCmMXKRPU[/video]

546. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Aug 29 2012 03:51:06

[SPOILER="Round 6"]Iota Versus Alvaris[/SPOILER] Results due on the 6th September The Winner may be found this round. as always gl guys!

547. Demon
    Date: Wed, Aug 29 2012 04:15:10

Hippo2626 wrote: [SPOILER="Round 6"]Iota Versus Alvaris[/SPOILER] Results due on the 6th August The Winner may be found this round. as always gl guys!
    Erm did u mean 6th September? 6th august is over LOL

548. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Aug 29 2012 05:26:41

oh yea my mistake. ty for pointing out. its september

549. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Aug 29 2012 06:24:16

There'll be another round if i win..........? :|

550. Gland
    Date: Wed, Aug 29 2012 09:31:30

amazing final battle, good luck both of you! ^^

551. miyat
    Date: Thu, Aug 30 2012 17:52:55

History... 2010 [B]Vic[/B] vs Pen Ninja 2011 Pudels vs [B]Twine[/B] 2012 Iota vs Alvaris Much respect to both of you no matter who wins. And to Hippo2626 and the judges of course.

552. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Aug 31 2012 06:19:10

miyat wrote: History... 2010 [B]Vic[/B] vs Pen Ninja 2011 Pudels vs [B]Twine[/B] 2012 Iota vs Alvaris Much respect to both of you no matter who wins. And to Hippo2626 and the judges of course.
    and each year, the upsbt winner has gone on to spin in the next year's wt/wc :D

553. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 02:17:11

[SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Iota Versus Alvaris (Winner: Alvaris 2.5-0.5)"]Judge 1: Iota : E : 4.75/5, very good overall. D : 4.5/5, good links and tricks, just looked a tiny bit easier than your opponent to my eyes. C : 3.5/5, nothing really new, but a lot of uncommon stuff here P : 4.5/5, too bad you went offcam a bit => 17.25/20, great combo Alvaris : E : 4.25/5, several hesitations D : 4.75/5, very good links and tricks as usual C : 3/5, It's one of the first time i see this powerpass still, but i'm sure it'll soon be kinda common P : 5/5, perfect => 17/20, great combo too Wow, both competitors went crazy here =) As my judgement is far from being accurate enough to have a .25 point precision, if i can vote for a draw, then let it be a draw, i cannot assert that one was better than the other. However, if i have to choose a winner, then my vote will go for Iota, with lots of hesitations. Judge 2: First of all, let me say that we are seeing a great match. It's great to see how some of the rising stars from UPSB face each other pulling out some great stuff. Alvaris: Sick combo, sick linkages, really high difficulty but the execution had some flaws. That little lag in 00:07 was quite noticeable, as well as the loss of smoothness in the Triple PD RA. Despite all of that, the combo had some good sequences (great MA 24-23 and good Powerpass "extended") and the difficulty was ok during the whole combo. You didn't recycle as much stuff as in the previous rounds, and that's also good to see (even if it doesn't count for the judging). Iota: The combo looks smoother than Alvaris', but you have some uncontrolled parts especially when doing aerial tricks. The offcams aren't helping either. There are some hard sequences and some cool linkages, the difficulty is ok though is not as high as Alvaris' overall. Some of the linkages alone are hard and not as overused as some linkages from Alvaris, but the parts between those are kind of average. Despite all of this, the combo itself is quite good and we can appreciate a huge improvement through the whole tournament. So in the end, for me the winner is Alvaris. It was a really close match, but after thinking about it for a long while I decided he's the winner. Both of them know they need to pay more attention to execution, but their efforts on difficulty and using new stuff are something to appreciate. Judge 3: Vote for Alva [/SPOILER] This means that there'll be one more round [SPOILER="Round 7"]@Alvaris[/SPOILER] Due date for the final finals is the 23rd September 12AM PST Tournament tree [/SPOILER]

554. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 02:17:12

[SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Iota Versus Alvaris (Winner: Alvaris 2.5-0.5)"]Judge 1: Iota : E : 4.75/5, very good overall. D : 4.5/5, good links and tricks, just looked a tiny bit easier than your opponent to my eyes. C : 3.5/5, nothing really new, but a lot of uncommon stuff here P : 4.5/5, too bad you went offcam a bit => 17.25/20, great combo Alvaris : E : 4.25/5, several hesitations D : 4.75/5, very good links and tricks as usual C : 3/5, It's one of the first time i see this powerpass still, but i'm sure it'll soon be kinda common P : 5/5, perfect => 17/20, great combo too Wow, both competitors went crazy here =) As my judgement is far from being accurate enough to have a .25 point precision, if i can vote for a draw, then let it be a draw, i cannot assert that one was better than the other. However, if i have to choose a winner, then my vote will go for Iota, with lots of hesitations. Judge 2: First of all, let me say that we are seeing a great match. It's great to see how some of the rising stars from UPSB face each other pulling out some great stuff. Alvaris: Sick combo, sick linkages, really high difficulty but the execution had some flaws. That little lag in 00:07 was quite noticeable, as well as the loss of smoothness in the Triple PD RA. Despite all of that, the combo had some good sequences (great MA 24-23 and good Powerpass "extended") and the difficulty was ok during the whole combo. You didn't recycle as much stuff as in the previous rounds, and that's also good to see (even if it doesn't count for the judging). Iota: The combo looks smoother than Alvaris', but you have some uncontrolled parts especially when doing aerial tricks. The offcams aren't helping either. There are some hard sequences and some cool linkages, the difficulty is ok though is not as high as Alvaris' overall. Some of the linkages alone are hard and not as overused as some linkages from Alvaris, but the parts between those are kind of average. Despite all of this, the combo itself is quite good and we can appreciate a huge improvement through the whole tournament. So in the end, for me the winner is Alvaris. It was a really close match, but after thinking about it for a long while I decided he's the winner. Both of them know they need to pay more attention to execution, but their efforts on difficulty and using new stuff are something to appreciate. Judge 3: Vote for Alva [/SPOILER] This means that there'll be one more round [SPOILER="Round 7"]@Alvaris[/SPOILER] Due date for the final finals is the 23rd September 12AM PST Tournament tree [/SPOILER]

555. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 04:03:07

wait, why is there one more round? :o

556. Dakrowl
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 04:26:00

i.suk wrote: wait, why is there one more round? :o
    because alvaris went to the lower bracket before

557. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 04:36:51

Dakrowl wrote: because alvaris went to the lower bracket before
    hmm, i understand that everyone has 2 lives, i guess it makes sense but nonetheless, it puts a huge load on the winner of the lower bracket, since they'll need to beat the winner of the upper bracket TWICE (and be prepared with more material before entering the final round), whereas the winner of the upper bracket only needs to beat the winner of the lower bracket ONCE which obviously, is a...huge advantage for the winner of the upper bracket T_T w/e, i'm not running this tournament lulz (so the upper bracket guy can just suicide in first finals by making a troll combo to wear out the lower bracket guy and make him waste materials, then just go all out in the second finals and win easily) xD

558. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 06:12:46

I'm just following the standard double elimination model (lose twice to drop out of the tournament) :p Everyone can lose once in the tournament and iota hasn't lost at all until this round, he gets his second chance at winning it.

559. Reason
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 14:33:41

their third time going against eachother this tournament. im pretty sure this doesnt happen too often :P im looking forward to some epicness here. they are very close matched but "there can be only one!"

560. Iota
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 14:55:45

i.suk wrote: hmm, i understand that everyone has 2 lives, i guess it makes sense but nonetheless, it puts a huge load on the winner of the lower bracket, since they'll need to beat the winner of the upper bracket TWICE (and be prepared with more material before entering the final round), whereas the winner of the upper bracket only needs to beat the winner of the lower bracket ONCE which obviously, is a...huge advantage for the winner of the upper bracket T_T w/e, i'm not running this tournament lulz (so the upper bracket guy can just suicide in first finals by making a troll combo to wear out the lower bracket guy and make him waste materials, then just go all out in the second finals and win easily) xD
    Luckily, I'm not a dick, so I actually try all rounds even if it isn't "strategic" ^^ Glgl Alvaris, sorry about so much filming ;-;

561. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 15:36:00

Gl to you too, why are you even apologizing ;_;

562. Iota
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 20:19:24

lol idk xD cuz you've had to film one more battle than me throughout this, and lots more things aside from that in the middle of it, and I know you're really burnt out even though your combo last round was niceeee ;_;'' I'm a bit burnt out myself, but I need to try extra hard anyway this round if I have any chance at giving a close battle...>_<

563. Alvaris
    Date: Thu, Sep 6 2012 00:08:32

Eh i'm just srsly sick of filming anymore but meh -._-.this will be one of my last vids for a while =_=

564. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 20:45:10

Already got the combo down, will be made public after @Iota is done with his

565. Iota
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 21:00:33

nice man, gratz! I'll let you know when mine's up, I have to film today and we'll see how long that ends up taking lol, I had climbing practice this morning so my hands might be a bit stubborn xDDD

566. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:50:57

[video=youtube;aejyG9h4xeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aejyG9h4xeo[/video] aaa

567. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 07:34:35

[SPOILER="Final Round"]Iota Versus Alvaris[/SPOILER] Results due on the 2nd October GL to the both of you. WP ^^

568. Reason
    Date: Wed, Sep 26 2012 01:46:42

awesome videos :D they seem to be completely different though. good luck guys and regardless of the results you both are phenomenal spinners.

569. XxJamaicanbacon
    Date: Wed, Sep 26 2012 04:33:44

U have a unique style vs. traditional but yet impressive. I honestly won't be able to make a decision

570. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 01:00:15

[SPOILER="Results"][SPOILER="Winner: Iota (3-0)"]Judge 1: Alvaris : D : 4.5/5, very hard links, several hard tricks E : 2/5, two big mistakes and one small mistake C : 3/5, lots of unusal linkages P : 4.5/5, fine => 14/20 Iota : D : 3.75/5, very hard tricks, but easy linkages E : 4.75/5, very good C : 1.5/5, Some unusual hard tricks P : 4.5/5, fine => 14.5/20 Winner : Iota. To bad the mistakes killed Alvaris's combo =/ Judge 2: Alvaris: As usual sick linkages, really stylish, but sadly this time the execution was way worse than in the previous rounds, with up to 4 quite noticeable mistakes. The difficulty of the combo overall is high (loved the first 5 secs, great complexity), but the extreme length of the tourny left both of you guys out of interesting material in comparison with some of the first rounds. Iota: Beautiful combo, such a clean execution. Good linkages, but the difficulty is a bit lower than Alvaris'. Also, the combo could have been a bit longer and could have included more difficult stuff. After analysing everything thoroughly, I'd say the winner is Iota. Congrats to both of you :) Here is the detailed scores: Ex: 2,5/4 Df: 4/3 Cr: 2/2 Pr: 2,5/3 Judge 3: Vote Iota![/SPOILER][/SPOILER] CONGRATZ TO IOTA!!! WINNER OF THE UPSBT2012!!! ^^ Prizes Iota- 1 Year premium membership + a bunch of free pens Alvaris- 6 Months premium membership + a bunch of free pens (but less than iotas) Please PM me your addresses so I can send the pens to you. Thanks to all the judges for judging all the way to the last battle and to all the participants for being apart of this! It's been a long LONG tournament... [SPOILER="Full Results"] [SPOILER="1st Place"]@Zkhan[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

571. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 02:03:48

IT'S OVER also, this means that iota must joint wt13 to keep up with upsbt's history and congratulations :D

572. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 03:49:16

Aaa expected loss due to execution lulz, gratz iota! p.s. yay me for not breaking the winner of upsbt into wt/wc for upsb combo Thanks hippo for organizing the tourney and judges for judging the rounds, i've improved tremendously during the tourney, i learned a lot of stuff o_O (sun) To judge 2: really? i thought this was one of the combos with least recycled materials in upsbt xD

573. Iota
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 04:03:57

Woo *-* Great battles man even though we both kinda burned out towards the end, so manyyyyyyyy, otherwise I think you could have won for sureeeee xD Really though, we battled what, like 3 times? >____<'' inb4 WT R1 trolololol

574. Wilsonouh
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 05:55:19

Congratulation Iota Congratulation Alvaris

575. Yamaguchi
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:36:05

OHMYGOD! @Iota ! GRATZ!!!!!

576. XxJamaicanbacon
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 19:19:11

Really nice hard fought battle between you two. Congrats to Iota, but great effort. I mean spectacular effort by Alvaris!!!!

577. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Oct 3 2012 21:52:05

Gratulations to both spinners. You made this a exciting final. (sun) Also good job to Judge 3 for giving the best analysis ever. :trollface:

578. x3silver
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 14:00:39

Both Spinners equally Awesome. Well done !!!

579. Obstracized
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 14:13:02

My heartiest congratulations goes out to Iota, Champion of the UPSB Tournament 2012. Well done, Alvaris, 1st Runner-Up. You did your best and congratulations to you too. Now, UPSB Tournament 2012 is over. It's all a thing of the past now. We look forward to the World Tournament 2013.

580. Demon
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 14:22:57

haha congrats Iota this final was close XD

581. Kiyo
    Date: Tue, Oct 9 2012 23:33:08

Winner of UPSBT'12 lost against me just before in PSL, haha. But what does that mean? - Nothing! Srsly, since PSL you have improved like at least twice as fast as I did. Congrats! I don't think I can keep up with you one more time, but if you want, we can try ;) Just another perfect example for why you should NEVER give up sth, because someone ist better than you ;) In like no time you can kick asses, just like Iota :P Note: Since PSL I can tell you that I have been active and despite that fact Iota got me :P Btw: Unfortunately I was filtered so I could not participate in this tourney... Just want to receive some compassion... Haha JK ;)) gz

582. AdiblueseaQQQ
    Date: Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:15:28

Gratz everyone :)

583. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Oct 18 2012 07:22:48

sorry @Iota Ill should only be able to send out the prizes to you guys sometime next week...

584. AdiblueseaQQQ
    Date: Thu, Oct 18 2012 08:48:51

Hippo2626 wrote: sorry @Iota Ill should only be able to send out the prizes to you guys sometime next week...
    Theres prizes? What are they?

585. Iota
    Date: Thu, Oct 18 2012 17:08:44

@Hippo2626 no worries man, it's awesome that you arranged/did prizes for us at all! :excited: