UPSB v4

Battlezone / Ivabra vs Thebloodgod vs fang

1. fang
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 15:52:14

@thebloodgod [video=youtube;VTvg1l2QFj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VTvg1l2QFj0[/video] fang [video=youtube;YGxWxN9fk9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxWxN9fk9w[/video]

2. Soren
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 16:10:57

ivabra had better linkages with great control, +1 to him

3. Quake
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 16:16:50

lol what was that at the end fang xD good combo tho. however, like supergirl already said, ivabra had better linkages and smoothness.

4. fang
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 17:23:26

DJSpin wrote: lol what was that at the end fang xD good combo tho. however, like supergirl already said, ivabra had better linkages and smoothness.
    The end was the camera's fault, it stopped with filming @ the end of my combo. It didn't fail <_<

5. LongCK
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 18:19:23

I think Ivabra, but thebloodgod and Fang are good ^^

6. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 18:35:24

Ivabra,obviously won,BUT,im voting for TBG for equalizing in level with world class spinners

7. JackyMacky
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 22:33:47

I don't see how Ivabra had better linkages...... :/

8. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 22:54:01

JackyMacky wrote: I don't see how Ivabra had better linkages...... :/
    Epic SpiderSpin variation as the starter, perfect combination of style and difficulty. I don't know how you don't see that Ivabra had better linkage. +1 Ivabra TBG was very good, I won't blame if he's going to win this one either because he really deserves it as well. Kinda expected more from fang, this one was just too repetitive, mate. =/ You don't have to do 1p2h all the time. But good job you all, may the best combo win.

9. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 23:07:10

+1 ivabra. i like his control better . i think his appeal in his combo was also superior. everyone else did pretty well.

10. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 00:00:20

Enkronidus wrote: Epic SpiderSpin variation as the starter, perfect combination of style and difficulty. I don't know how you don't see that Ivabra had better linkage. +1 Ivabra TBG was very good, I won't blame if he's going to win this one either because he really deserves it as well. Kinda expected more from fang, this one was just too repetitive, mate. =/ You don't have to do 1p2h all the time. But good job you all, may the best combo win.
    Idk, just seems spammy imo. But I admit that the aerials were nice.

11. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 01:51:57

JackyMacky wrote: Idk, just seems spammy imo. But I admit that the aerials were nice.
    look closer, it's one of the first vids by anyone other than fel2fram to use mirrored powerpass, aerials are quite insane (PD ta to air? > twisted cobra bite is quite difficult), whereas bloodgod's vid 'looked' quite spammy too (he's capable of far more insane stuff, it just seemed like a bunch of twisted sonics/not enough direction changes, even though it's actually quite a lot harder than that) as a 3+ year spinner, it's 'natural' that ivabra's style is more refined, imo tbg should focus a bit on style now (since trick array/linkages are very good already), rather than just getting more and more linkages; appearance is a major factor in battles, as debatable as 'appeal' is in the actual value of the combo

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 02:26:54

i.suk wrote: look closer, it's one of the first vids by anyone other than fel2fram to use mirrored powerpass, aerials are quite insane (PD ta to air? > twisted cobra bite is quite difficult), whereas bloodgod's vid 'looked' quite spammy too (he's capable of far more insane stuff, it just seemed like a bunch of twisted sonics/not enough direction changes, even though it's actually quite a lot harder than that) as a 3+ year spinner, it's 'natural' that ivabra's style is more refined, imo tbg should focus a bit on style now (since trick array/linkages are very good already), rather than just getting more and more linkages; appearance is a major factor in battles, as debatable as 'appeal' is in the actual value of the combo
    I stand corrected. :) But I already voted for tbg.... -___-

13. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 05:02:40

i.suk wrote: look closer, it's one of the first vids by anyone other than fel2fram to use mirrored powerpass, aerials are quite insane (PD ta to air? > twisted cobra bite is quite difficult), whereas bloodgod's vid 'looked' quite spammy too (he's capable of far more insane stuff, it just seemed like a bunch of twisted sonics/not enough direction changes, even though it's actually quite a lot harder than that) as a 3+ year spinner, it's 'natural' that ivabra's style is more refined, imo tbg should focus a bit on style now (since trick array/linkages are very good already), rather than just getting more and more linkages; appearance is a major factor in battles, as debatable as 'appeal' is in the actual value of the combo
    i dont have time for that :( p/s: i only did 1 twisted sonic rev and 1 normal twisted sonic,so what do u mean by "a bunch of" :mellow:

14. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 10:12:28

JackyMacky wrote: Idk, just seems spammy imo. But I admit that the aerials were nice.
    You judge the combo by only the look or something?

15. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:07:32

thebloodgod wrote: i dont have time for that :( p/s: i only did 1 twisted sonic rev and 1 normal twisted sonic,so what do u mean by "a bunch of" :mellow:
    i never said you did heaps of twisted sonics, i said what you did looked like a lot of them, whereas ivabra's combo appeared more varied on first watching

16. DArKT
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:14:01

Enkronidus wrote: You judge the combo by only the look or something?
    the purpose of juding a combo is by looking at it -___- i havent voted for Ivabra cuz i liked TBGs combo better

17. Eruption
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:39:59

Ivabra's combo was smoother and consisted of more difficult linkages so +1 for Ivabra

18. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Nov 15 2011 00:06:32

DArKT wrote: the purpose of juding a combo is by looking at it -___- i havent voted for Ivabra cuz i liked TBGs combo better
    Oh wow, that's weak. You care nothing about difficulty that might be a subtlety and you might just overlook. Some tricks might be similar but that doesn't mean they are the same thing or variation, which means it's not spam. Also some linkages might not be the exact one that you see and understand, it could be something much more complicated. You can't be a good judge if you judge the combo only by the look. One day you will understand once you have grown more experience. Public voting always fails, anyway. I can't tell whether or not it's wrong voting for the combo with the only reason that you like it, but I can tell that the result is not always accurate with such a reason. Edit: I'm talking about battles in general, by the way. Not particularly.