UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Juggling

1. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 19:28:44

Started learning yesterday [video=youtube;F82WzPiiwOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F82WzPiiwOc[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F82WzPiiwOc few hours later [video=youtube;NPHcqnVwTJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPHcqnVwTJs[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPHcqnVwTJs another few hrs later [video=youtube;ym5xfBJNVEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym5xfBJNVEg[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym5xfBJNVEg anyone else here can juggle? @Mats

2. fang
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 22:53:34

I can, a little bit!~ ^_^

3. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 23:12:47

Yep. Once, I had to be a school juggler. I know reverse and regular cascade, mills mess, weave, and 2 in one hand. I also know contact juggling... lol

4. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 23:14:30

Hey exclusive! I finally got it! I can only do it for like... 2 seconds, but I have it heheh.

5. HobbyLogics
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 23:22:03

[video=youtube;6wJCzc0r2G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6wJCzc0r2G4#t=8s[/video] skip to 0:08

6. dat
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 23:52:05

I love juggling I can juggle two one hand, three one hand, cascade, rev cascade, 4 ball fountain, and columns. Juggling is fun

7. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 17:45:17

almost up to 10 seconds

8. 34rryy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 12:55:07

Juggling is awesome. I can juggle 8. And 'flash' 10.

9. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 19:27:36

i think i finally mastered 3 cascade, did it for 1min

10. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Dec 6 2011 08:18:51

[video=youtube;hv9v4wWugMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9v4wWugMA[/video] Inspiration for ya. Some of the foot stuff is just plain crazy.

11. Mats
    Date: Tue, Dec 6 2011 13:24:03

Simply the best juggling ever: [video=youtube;HLBGCBxG8Gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBGCBxG8Gs[/video] Had an epic session at juggling club yesterday. Qualified an 8 ball half shower, so now I've done 8 balls in 3 different ways and made 12 catches of 10 balls. :thumb:

12. exclusive
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 16:01:25

Mats wrote: Simply the best juggling ever: [video=youtube;HLBGCBxG8Gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBGCBxG8Gs[/video] Had an epic session at juggling club yesterday. Qualified an 8 ball half shower, so now I've done 8 balls in 3 different ways and made 12 catches of 10 balls. :thumb:
    learned 441 siteswap kinda took awhile but finally got the pattern

13. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 16 2011 17:44:13

exclusive wrote: learned 441 siteswap kinda took awhile but finally got the pattern
    :thumb:

14. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Jan 29 2012 05:19:17

i just got new juggling balls a month ago :D. i got 5 sil-x balls 78mm. best juggling equipment ive ever used, perfect for stalls, no wobble through the air, good weight, what else do you need? im not super advanced into juggling, but i can do all basics and intermediate for 3 ball (well in my definition of intermediate of course...) and i can 5 ball flash.

15. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Jan 29 2012 06:57:59

4leek24 wrote: i just got new juggling balls a month ago :D. i got 5 sil-x balls 78mm. best juggling equipment ive ever used, perfect for stalls, no wobble through the air, good weight, what else do you need? im not super advanced into juggling, but i can do all basics and intermediate for 3 ball (well in my definition of intermediate of course...) and i can 5 ball flash.
    whats your youtube?

16. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Jan 29 2012 08:09:27

exclusive wrote: whats your youtube?
    uh lets not go to my old youtube...its mostly just me messing around... i will upload vids hopefully (probably not...) b4 this summer if not ill upload a bunch this summer :D

17. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Jan 29 2012 09:13:39

i should practice more, kinda stopped practicing for almost a month

18. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 29 2012 17:26:58

exclusive wrote: i should practice more, kinda stopped practicing for almost a month
    Yeah you should practice more! I just met Dave Kelly this weekend. I'm definitely going to practice more now!!!

19. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 06:50:53

Mats wrote: Yeah you should practice more! I just met Dave Kelly this weekend. I'm definitely going to practice more now!!!
    im running out of tricks to learn lol got any recommendation?

20. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 10:44:34

exclusive wrote: im running out of tricks to learn lol got any recommendation?
    lol you can't run out of tricks to learn. You can probably find most/all of these on Youtube: Tricks Boston mess Overheads (and you can do basically any pattern in overheads too) Underleg (same hand, same leg) Underleg (opposite leg) Underleg (catch, rather than throw) Underleg (catch, opposite leg) Backcross Frontcross (opposite of a backcross) Shoulder throw Reverse shoulder throw Box Extended box Advanced box Knee bounces Foot stalls Shuffle (lol there are loads of shuffles and shuffle variations) Rubinstein's revenge Burke's barrage Charlie's cheat Romeo's revenge Slams Statue of liberty Machine Fast machine Siteswaps - You can do all these siteswaps in mill's mess, boston mess and change any of the throws into any body throw too. These are all 3 ball siteswaps. 12345 522 423 4413 5511 7131 (hi-lo shower) 6060 (3 in one hand) Just a few tricks from the top of my head that are not super hard. You won't run out of tricks. I do literally hundreds of tricks with just 3 balls and I still feel like I know nothing.

21. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 10:46:14

4leek24 wrote: what else do you need?
    Practice time. The more, the better!

22. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 08:14:06

Mats wrote: Practice time. The more, the better!
    ahah ok fair enough.

23. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 02:25:34

Mats wrote: lol you can't run out of tricks to learn. You can probably find most/all of these on Youtube: Tricks Boston mess Overheads (and you can do basically any pattern in overheads too) Underleg (same hand, same leg) Underleg (opposite leg) Underleg (catch, rather than throw) Underleg (catch, opposite leg) Backcross Frontcross (opposite of a backcross) Shoulder throw Reverse shoulder throw Box Extended box Advanced box Knee bounces Foot stalls Shuffle (lol there are loads of shuffles and shuffle variations) Rubinstein's revenge Burke's barrage Charlie's cheat Romeo's revenge Slams Statue of liberty Machine Fast machine Siteswaps - You can do all these siteswaps in mill's mess, boston mess and change any of the throws into any body throw too. These are all 3 ball siteswaps. 12345 522 423 4413 5511 7131 (hi-lo shower) 6060 (3 in one hand) Just a few tricks from the top of my head that are not super hard. You won't run out of tricks. I do literally hundreds of tricks with just 3 balls and I still feel like I know nothing.
    @mat can u backflip

24. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:07:58

exclusive wrote: @mat can u backflip
    lol no. Why do you ask? :?

25. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 19:11:10

Mats wrote: lol no. Why do you ask? :?
    circus show?

26. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 20:02:35

exclusive wrote: circus show?
    I'm not an acrobat, I'm a juggler. Some jugglers do acrobatics, but I'm not one of them. ;) I do some other stuff though - Combo tricks and rola bola, tightwire, devilstick, diabolo and ball spinning.

27. Kyoflow
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 03:12:05

backflips arent too hard to learn with a bit of coaching and a bit of time spent at the gym or you could do what i did and just try it and hope you land at least on your knees :P

28. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 05:23:46

4leek24 wrote: backflips arent too hard to learn with a bit of coaching and a bit of time spent at the gym or you could do what i did and just try it and hope you land at least on your knees :P
    on grass?

29. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 03:32:31

exclusive wrote: on grass?
    right yeah i did it on grass

30. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 07:37:43

4leek24 wrote: right yeah i did it on grass
    lol ill play it safe and do it on like a matress or mat

31. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 10:06:46

exclusive wrote: lol ill play it safe and do it on like a matress or mat
    Not on me!

32. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, Feb 22 2012 05:09:43

Mats wrote: Not on me!
    that would be a safe choice not to do it on him :P oh and it helps if you have a spotter

33. Lucid
    Date: Sat, Mar 24 2012 04:37:27

i can juggle 3 bowling pins but i cant juggle anything else. any help? (i tried lemons and i squeezed to hard and ended up with an eye injury)

34. Mats
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 03:12:41

shadow sivics wrote: i can juggle 3 bowling pins but i cant juggle anything else. any help? (i tried lemons and i squeezed to hard and ended up with an eye injury)
    Practice? This is usually the most effective suggestion anyone ever gets.

35. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 07:42:53

wait u can juggle bowling pins...? go get some clubs :o last time i tried juggling clubs was 3 years ago and i failed miserably, and i havent had the chance buy my own D: on another note, i learned 4 ball multiplex take outs and my 5 ball flash looks controlled now... 3 ball is always fun to experiment with :D update: @Mats hey i finally got my hands on some cheap clubs from a teacher at school and i picked it up surprisingly easy this time. i wanna know, where would you reccomend i buy px3's from. im looking for 3 vegas and 3 sirius.

36. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 03:03:55

theres this dollar store selling juggling balls for $2.50 / 3 balls, but the filling are rubber pellets is this too light to learn? i cna do basic tricks like cascade/rev/531/121.

37. LightSpinner
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 05:41:46

Kyoflow wrote: wait u can juggle bowling pins...? go get some clubs :o last time i tried juggling clubs was 3 years ago and i failed miserably, and i havent had the chance buy my own D: on another note, i learned 4 ball multiplex take outs and my 5 ball flash looks controlled now... 3 ball is always fun to experiment with :D update: @Mats hey i finally got my hands on some cheap clubs from a teacher at school and i picked it up surprisingly easy this time. i wanna know, where would you reccomend i buy px3's from. im looking for 3 vegas and 3 sirius.
    Now just get your hands on some flaming chainsaws and BOOM profit from getting into cirque de soleil

38. Mats
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 08:06:07

exclusive;236015]theres this dollar store selling juggling balls for $2.50 / 3 balls, but the filling are rubber pellets is this too light to learn? i cna do basic tricks like cascade/rev/531/121.[/QUOTE] I think at that level, the balls you get aren't that important. Quality juggling balls are only really important when you start learning 5. [QUOTE=LightSpinner wrote: Now just get your hands on some flaming chainsaws and BOOM profit from getting into cirque de soleil
    You really think Cirque hire jugglers who do flaming chainsaws? They only hire jugglers with amazing juggling + acrobatics (unless you're literally a top 20 juggler, then you can get away without acrobatics). One of my friends actually auditioned successfully for Cirque. There was more acrobatics in his audition than juggling and he was auditioning as a juggler!

39. LightSpinner
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 00:11:40

@Mats true, but still PROFIT!

40. exclusive
    Date: Wed, Mar 27 2013 07:34:40

Mats wrote: I think at that level, the balls you get aren't that important. Quality juggling balls are only really important when you start learning 5. You really think Cirque hire jugglers who do flaming chainsaws? They only hire jugglers with amazing juggling + acrobatics (unless you're literally a top 20 juggler, then you can get away without acrobatics). One of my friends actually auditioned successfully for Cirque. There was more acrobatics in his audition than juggling and he was auditioning as a juggler!
    @Mats trying to learn backcrosses atm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYS-de0rVc [video=youtube;XbYS-de0rVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYS-de0rVc[/video]

41. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 28 2013 22:59:37

Backcrosses will be very hard with a jacket like that on! Oh and they are very hard anyway. A very very difficult trick, but wonderful when you learn it. Well worth the practice! Good stuff. :thumb:

42. exclusive
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 00:08:18

Mats wrote: Backcrosses will be very hard with a jacket like that on! Oh and they are very hard anyway. A very very difficult trick, but wonderful when you learn it. Well worth the practice! Good stuff. :thumb:
    dont know if u saw this yet or not but im trying to do this [video=youtube;K_gHa2x2OQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_gHa2x2OQA[/video]

43. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:10:12

i used to do juggling, for school cuz we got marked on it. Man when you are starting start with plastic bags, they are so good for starting

44. Spazmok
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 18:40:38

Tommy wrote: i used to do juggling, for school cuz we got marked on it. Man when you are starting start with plastic bags, they are so good for starting
    you learned juggling at school? o.O

45. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 22:39:27

Spazmok wrote: you learned juggling at school? o.O
    yea, we had this subject called "habbits of the mind"

46. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 23:51:56

Tommy wrote: yea, we had this subject called "habbits of the mind"
    lol you planning to go to circus school or something?

47. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 00:09:03

exclusive wrote: lol you planning to go to circus school or something?
    nah, it was just a fun activity we did, its basically like talking about the brain and stuff

48. Spazmok
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 14:56:35

what kind of school are you in? cuz im in a grammar school but i have no time to learn juggling.

49. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Apr 15 2013 01:54:15

Spazmok wrote: what kind of school are you in? cuz im in a grammar school but i have no time to learn juggling.
    @jagex lol theres a school just for grammars? also[video=youtube;M0eOgmcAiWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eOgmcAiWg&feature=youtu.be[/video]