UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Difference between Extended TA,Tornado, and the Fake double

1. Made4You
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 10:39:16

im sure there was a thread about this in the old version of upsb but in eso's extended TA tutorial he was doing a fake double and said it was a extended ta because he turned his hand (isnt that a 0.5 rotation anyway lol). but i got really messed up when he said that the tornado and the fake double were differant please help ._.

2. Cooper
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 10:58:36

Im pretty sure tornado is just continous fake double but im not sure

3. Gr3gY
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 13:55:28

The Fake Double does a COMPLETE thumb around then carries on into a fingerless Index Around making a total of 2 revolutions The Ext TA only makes 1.5 revolutions the tornado is just spamming Ext TA do it urself, u shld be able to figure out the difference

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 13:56:57

Extended Thumbaround: [video=youtube;Gj9bRNlLJdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj9bRNlLJdI[/video] Fake Double: [video=youtube;40eZ5iQKEZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40eZ5iQKEZc[/video]

5. Gr3gY
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 14:25:11

now show me an Ext TA bust -.- u really got it wrong; like what u said, the Faked Double has 2 revolutions, yes? ta 1.0 , indexaround 1.0 Ext TA: TA 1.0, indexaround 0.5

6. Tribute
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 14:30:40

this 2 posts do totally compliment each other.. (sry for my english i hope you know what i mean)^^ im just curious.. because i also not know what im doin^^ because of the revolutions... @gr3gy.. i dont manage to do just 1.5 revolutions with a ta ext :S if i do complete ta with fl. IA or i do the 'TA ext.', both does 2 revolutions..

7. Gr3gY
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 14:36:12

essentially its 0.5 if u dont pull the pen down into its end position for ext ta do it like if u're gonna continue with a bust, u'll get what i mean

8. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 16:07:40

Gr3gY wrote: u really got it wrong; the Faked Double has 2 revolutions, yes? ta 1.0 , indexaround 1.0
    you actually got it wrong.. fake double is ta 1.0 > fl ia 0.5 > pass T12 0.5

9. Eso
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 16:44:16

Extended Thumbaround = Thumbaround 1.0 ~> Fingerless Indexaround 0.5 T1-12 Fake Double = Extended Thumbaround > Pass Reverse 12-T1 Tornado = Thumbaround 1.0 ~> Fingerless Indexaround 1.0 T1-T1

10. Made4You
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 17:30:44

FUCKING THANK YOU ESO!!!!! and everyone else you kinda went off subject, but eso if u made a video for the ppl who dont know the differance, you would help the whooooooooole board out. and all the novice spinners like me ;_;

11. Gr3gY
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 00:33:52

KTrinh93 wrote: you actually got it wrong.. fake double is ta 1.0 > fl ia 0.5 > pass T12 0.5
    :facepalm: see eso's breakdown..

12. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 00:44:08

Gr3gY wrote: :facepalm: see eso's breakdown..
    i sure hope you know that what i posted is the exact same thing as what eso said.. mines just more expanded..

13. Eso
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 04:51:32

KTrinh posted the same exact breakdown as I did. By the way, I never did a Fake Double in my tutorials. I only ever taught Extended Thumbaround. Just cause you thought it was a Fake Double doesn't mean it is. The turning of the hand also doesn't make it a Fake Double. As for the whole "Tornado" business, it's very complicated because it took on 2 meanings within the JEB community and a totally different meaning by Swedish spinner, Sfsr, making a total of 3 interpretations. Since you can see "Tornado" is not even a consistent name, it wouldn't make sense to continue using it.

14. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 04:56:29

so.. does that mean bonkura's video isnt really a continuous tornado? [video=youtube;FgPmtZd2im8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPmtZd2im8[/video] he seems to be doing continuous fake double to me but i can be 100% sure

15. Jamal
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 05:11:29

well like eso said, its interpreted differently from the 2 meanings in the jeb community and by sfsr, so i guess bonkura in the jeb board considered tornado as a fake double.

16. Eso
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 05:25:57

You're right, he IS doing Continuous Fake Double. Is he doing Continuous Tornado? Depends on who you ask and what "Tornado" means to them. Why not just drop "Tornado" altogether? By the way, the reason why Bonkura called it Continuous Tornado is because Tornado in JEB is TA ~> FL IA T1-T1. Since the pen travels from T1, around 1, then back to T1, they assume it's a Tornado. This is different than what Hideaki Kondoh calls a Tornado, which follows a more aerial path. Hideaki's version still goes from T1, around 1, and back to T1 but is vertical and has an aerial element to it. So for that video, the Tornado = Fake Double.

17. Gr3gY
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 13:12:45

thank you? now who gave bad rating for me -.- im just contributing what i tot right :@

18. Made4You
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 08:12:54

well can you somehow make this official eso or any other Mod? like for the whole UPSB, like start a thread with the titleTrick differances with all the complicated shit sorted out?

19. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 20:09:34

Made4You wrote: well can you somehow make this official eso or any other Mod? like for the whole UPSB, like start a thread with the titleTrick differances with all the complicated shit sorted out?
    thats what the wiki is for...

20. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 01:12:15

Heyyyy so if i remember right i read somewhere that eso said there was on ext ta variation that had more of an aerial path? well i just started doing this little thing where its a small ta release like really low in the air, and then it lands and does a spin on my index finger like an ext ta would have a spin then lands in 12 like normal, would this just be a ta release > fl indexaround .5? or ta release ~> ext ta or what?

21. pred
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 11:58:22

one thing, when doing the whatever it is ( I have no idea if im doing tornado or what but its definately one of them ) does it matter if middle finger does the push or index finger?

22. Eso
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 13:47:21

Wonder;18436]Heyyyy so if i remember right i read somewhere that eso said there was on ext ta variation that had more of an aerial path? well i just started doing this little thing where its a small ta release like really low in the air, and then it lands and does a spin on my index finger like an ext ta would have a spin then lands in 12 like normal, would this just be a ta release > fl indexaround .5? or ta release ~> ext ta or what?[/QUOTE] Hm, I don't remember saying anything like that. If there's a small aerial within the combo, then it will be a TA Release. As for which notation, it's really hard to say unless I see a video first, but I'd have to say your first option. Not to mention your second option is weird because Ext. TA is a minicombo in itself so it's hard to figure out where the interruption begins. The first one makes more sense when you read it. [QUOTE=pred wrote: one thing, when doing the whatever it is ( I have no idea if im doing tornado or what but its definately one of them ) does it matter if middle finger does the push or index finger?
    It doesn't matter.

23. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:47:57

thanks eso for the breakdown in differences

24. Riley
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 02:51:56

[video=youtube;jQFsxluBlXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQFsxluBlXM[/video]

25. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:34:03

since theres no real difference between fake double and tornado, can we rename the trick? Fake double stays the same Tornado becomes a mini combo/hybrid of fake double => shadow 12-12 => fake double (cont.)

26. Snorky
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:48:09

Cloud wrote: since theres no real difference between fake double and tornado, can we rename the trick? Fake double stays the same Tornado becomes a mini combo/hybrid of fake double => shadow 12-12 => fake double (cont.)
    I think that's a pretty good idea. Just to stop the confusion.

27. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 04:23:33

@Snorky thanks for the support maybe i should start a thread for this...

28. Snorky
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 17:48:20

Cloud wrote: @Snorky thanks for the support maybe i should start a thread for this...
    Maybe a poll to see how many people like the idea.

29. Eso
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 18:45:03

The Naming Committee's decision will affect how we name our tricks. I said it before that the only name we need to be familiar with is "Extended Thumbaround." The others are just a hybrid/combo off of Extended TA. So no, please do not make a new thread for this.

30. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:13:27

I have the exact same question as Riley, is there a reverse for the tornado or exta?

31. Oow
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 15:56:02

AFAIK, Bak ~ FL TA Rev is considered the reverse of the extended TA

32. sangara
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 22:12:39

I'm pretty sure when Zombo coined it back in the day he refered to it as Bak to Rev. But that has nothing to do with Extended TA. They're two different mini combos.

33. Eso
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 02:12:30

People tend to think that the Bak~FL TA Rev is the reverse of Ext TA since they follow similar paths but I don't think it's ever been established as such. Besides, since the introduction of the new notation system, there's no point in trying to assign modifiers to named combos since you can always break it down to avoid confusion.

34. Van
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 02:22:25

I thought continuous Fake Double was a tornado? There's a shadow involved in a tornado????