UPSB v4

Spammer's Bin / @singaporeans

1. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 23:20:23

Why are there no napkins in your restaurants?

2. King
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 23:39:58

Rofl

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 01:26:31

LOL! most of them do have napkins. Which restaurant are you referring to?

4. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 01:54:04

The ones without napkins :trollface: xD Frog~

Hippo2626 wrote: LOL! most of them do have napkins. Which restaurant are you referring to?

5. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 03:09:10

FrogPrinceXD wrote: The ones without napkins :trollface: xD Frog~
    now THIS is a winning troll. All that umadbro shit is just prepubescent annoyance. Hats off to you sir.

6. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 03:18:01

Hippo2626 wrote: LOL! most of them do have napkins. Which restaurant are you referring to?
    thats what it says in the travel guides http://miconeil.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/singapore-napkin-less-city/ you have to bring your own napkins to wipe yourself after dinner

7. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 03:57:04

Zombo wrote: thats what it says in the travel guides http://miconeil.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/singapore-napkin-less-city/ you have to bring your own napkins to wipe yourself after dinner
    Oh yea. That parts true. If your talking fast food restaurants and above then there'll be napkins. I think what the guy from that site was referring to was kopitiam stalls. I think the reason why they don't provide napkins is because it's cheaper for the stall owners not to and it's kind of difficult provide them if you see how the stalls work and are arranged. Most of us are accustom to bringing our own packets of tissues and the drink stalls at those kopitiams would sell packets of tissues also. We're a weird country so I have no idea what the real reason is.. :P

8. MrCraziBaby
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 04:24:55

If kopitiam or any other dining areas provided tissues/napkins, it'll probably be gone in no time :p

9. XYZaki
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 07:06:36

Lulz @ the guy wiping his face on his shirt.

10. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 17:50:49

Hippo2626 wrote: If your talking [B]fast food restaurants and above[/B] then there'll be napkins.
    wat. fast food is already the lowest class of restaurants. you're basically saying every restaurant has a napkin, ppl are saying only high-class restaurants have napkins.

11. neXus
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 18:46:02

Get some tp from the bathroom. Lazy Zombo.

12. MrCraziBaby
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 22:17:19

@Zombo I believe by "class" you mean the environment/ambience of the dining place right? Well, in Singapore, we still have many of these "hawker centres" that are not air-conditioned. And even though many are turning towards that, they still do not provide napkins. On the other hand, fast food outlets are air-conditioned (okay quite obviously lol), so it's definitely not the lowest class of dining places, at least not when compared to the hawker centres I mentioned. Simply put, as a general rule in Singapore, any place with air condition usually provide napkins, unless it's those kopitiams mentioned by hippo ^^

13. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 23:08:48

class means $$$ fast food = cheap high class = not cheap

14. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 00:25:40

In Singapore, fast food outlets aren't the lowest class of restaurants cause we're still an NIE and not a DC. So fast food in Sg is still not the cheapest food outlet.

15. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 01:31:44

Yeah I'd imagine street vendors, etc are much lower than like a KFC or McDonalds, which are actually really nice in all the foreign countries I've been to

16. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Nov 19 2011 15:19:20

most restaurants have napkins, but if you are referring to normal hawker fare , then nope 8) well fast food is more or less made popular and common here by western franchises, it isnt exactly as cheap as normal hawker fare but it does taste good so people still eat it. Then again local food is still very satisfying, and cheap of course :D