UPSB v4

General Discussion / Competitive Pen Spinning game "Spin" Rules

1. SpinnerPro
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 00:19:53

This is my first thread on the forum!:pickle: I was making this rule (my opinion on what the rules should be) outline for the game "Spin":spin: for my Facebook Pen spinning group ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/161884410561821/ ) and I decided I would post it on the real forum to see what others thought on my version. Please dont troll, hopefully you enjoy my version, if not, keep your thoughts to yourself please:ignore: THANKS!:party: I dont know if there are any OFFICIAL rules for the game "Spin" (like Horse in football, or Skate in skate boarding), but here are what I think the rules should be. (feel free to comment if you disagree). Otherwise, these will be the rules I will follow when I play.:blush: [B]Main Rules:[/B] - Players can decide whether they would like to use a single pen and pass it on as turns change, or use any pen of every players desire. - Use some method of determining whom will be first to choose a trick. Rock paper scissors, everyone attempting a difficult Pen Spinning trick, etc. - The player who is chosen to choose the first trick may choose a trick that is allowed depending on which type (discussed later on) of Spin they are playing 1. If the player succeeds, the trick is passed on to the next player in line. * If this player succeeds in doing the trick, they avoid gaining a letter AND get to choose the trick for the next player in line. -This system repeats until the trick is failed by one of the players. *if this player fails their attempt to complete the trick, they gain a letter of "Spin", and the trick, which was failed, is passed on to the next player in line. -This system repeats until the trick is succeeded by one of the players. *If the trick makes it all the way around to the player whom called the trick, a new trick is to be called by the player after the original player who called the trick. (or, the same player gets to call a different trick) 2. If this player (who is deciding the trick) fails in attempting to do the trick, then the player DOES NOT gain a letter and the next player in line is permitted to choose a trick. *The next player in line is permitted to choose a trick for the player after them. 3. When a player gains the full word "Spin", that player must sit out and watch for the rest of the game. 4. The last player remaining in the game is declared the winner of "spin". Extra Rules: -A player, while waiting for their turn, may practice any trick they wish, until it is their turn. 1. Once it is a players turn, they must stop practicing and say "Going" before they attempt the trick they are required to try. - Players can decide whether or not combinations of tricks can be called. This is strictly up to the players to decide. -Players ARE NOT allowed to call the same trick twice, or call the same version of a trick twice (if shadow 1,2-1,2 is called, shadow 1,2-3,4 cannot be called later on) 1. If all tricks that are able to be attempted are called by the players, the rule against different versions of a trick can be abolished. - Players may to play with five or more letters, "Spinn", or "Penspin" can also be used in order to extend the play-time of the game. - Players may decide whether or not they want to play where: 1. If the player succeeds in completing the previous trick, the player voids gaining a letter, and the trick is passed on to the next player in line. 2. If the player fails, the player receives a letter, and the trick is passed on to the next player in line. * This applies UNTIL the trick reaches the player whom assigned the trick. - Player whom assigned the trick, is then appointed to choose another trick that follows this cycle one again. -If the player whom is assigned the ability to choose the tricks fails to complete the trick, the ability to choose the trick is then passed on to the next player in line. [B]2 Types: [/B] Trick-Based Version of "Spin": (to determine who knows the most tricks) -You may use any trick in the trick-book (check other doc), even if it is the smallest, stupidest trick there is (Isonic, palm-wiper, etc.) - Rules remain the same other than this small adjustment. Skill-Based Version of "Spin": (To show skill and muscle memory in sticks, other than just flat-out knowing a lot of tricks) -All tricks must be known by at minimum 75% of the players attending the game. - Rules remain the same other than this small adjustment.

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 00:56:50

It's a nice idea, but there are similar games to this already :/

3. JackyMacky
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 00:58:30

Since I'm here anyway... LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE! xD http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pen-Spinning/162785387076210

4. Van
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 01:02:28

I remember doing this in TC except we just kept points

5. sangara
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 20:48:57

You never defined "trick".