UPSB v4

General Discussion / Fantasy Penspinning?

1. padrace
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 17:33:46

I don't know if someone has come up with this before, but I think that psing is the PERFECT sport for a fantasy league. there are worldwide organizations and tournaments, easy scoring possibilities, and so many recognized penspinners. Members could draft a fantasy team of world-class penspinners, or subgroups could start individual leagues. Many Americans are familiar with fantasy football, but i don't know if this idea is used in other parts of the world. Either way, penspinning lends itself perfectly to a fantasy game because of its large field of highly recognized world-class spinners. plus, retirement from penspinning and upcoming stars make it a very dynamic sport.

2. iColor
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 17:45:12

Strat1227 wanted to do a "fantasy penspinning" with World Tournament. I think there wasn't enough interest for it to work.

3. padrace
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 17:48:08

hmmm...well maybe with a full-fledged moderator post it could work? lol

4. DArKT
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 19:21:52

what about 8 spinners teams,like you could just leave your opinion down here: -Vic -Supa -S777 -Snow -Peem -Minwoo -Hal -Baaron Like this?

5. padrace
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 21:02:19

Yeah pretty much. And there would be an official scoring system. And in smaller individual leagues, there would be a "draft" where participants would pick their spinners in a specific order so nobody would have the same spinners and it would require more team depth and strategy and predictions. The smaller leagues could be set up by the moderators and participants could either ask to be part of one or the moderators would place them in one that isn't full. And we might be able to get a knowledgable psing pedagogue to write profiles on some famous psers to aid participants in choosing a well-balanced team. Like this: Eriror: Eriror is a UPSB mainstay and world powerhouse. Having spun for 6 years, his experience makes him one of the best spinners in the world. He even dethroned bonkura on 2007. His world cup uses would be difficulty, smoothness, variety, and doubles, although his biggest strength would be in the control category. The only spinners in the world with eriror's level of control may be a13x and supawit127. (with links to each spinner's profile.)

6. DArKT
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 23:01:14

padrace wrote: Yeah pretty much. And there would be an official scoring system. And in smaller individual leagues, there would be a "draft" where participants would pick their spinners in a specific order so nobody would have the same spinners and it would require more team depth and strategy and predictions. The smaller leagues could be set up by the moderators and participants could either ask to be part of one or the moderators would place them in one that isn't full. And we might be able to get a knowledgable psing pedagogue to write profiles on some famous psers to aid participants in choosing a well-balanced team. Like this: Eriror: Eriror is a UPSB mainstay and world powerhouse. Having spun for 6 years, his experience makes him one of the best spinners in the world. He even dethroned bonkura on 2007. His world cup uses would be difficulty, smoothness, variety, and doubles, although his biggest strength would be in the control category. The only spinners in the world with eriror's level of control may be a13x and supawit127. (with links to each spinner's profile.)
    Liked this idea a lot. Pretty cool Eriror description. althoug Vic has better control than A13x = P

7. padrace
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 23:46:30

DArKT wrote: Liked this idea a lot. Pretty cool Eriror description. althoug Vic has better control than A13x = P
    Very true... But I don't think vic's coming back for wc12 :(

8. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 00:04:20

padrace wrote: Very true... But I don't think vic's coming back for wc12 :(
    Yeah...but this is a Fantasy league,right? I mean,Bonkura is not coming bck for WC 12 too...

9. padrace
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 00:11:34

DArKT wrote: Yeah...but this is a Fantasy league,right? I mean,Bonkura is not coming bck for WC 12 too...
    i think you may slightly misunderstand the concept... you pick a team of spinners participating in wc12 and you receive points for how well the members of your team do...like a battle win could be worth like 10 points while a team advancement could be worth 5 or something. it would work great with wt but i think that it would be really fun and competitive for wc12 too.

10. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 00:35:17

well the problem is that there's no "team league" concept, you can do it for world cup sure, in fact I believe I ran something like that for WC10. the idea was you had to pick a certain # of spinners and you got points for victories. but you cant change your team once the world cup begins, so it may be more beneficial to choose weaker spinners from good teams rather than ace spinners from bad teams because they're more likely to advance further in the competition and have opportunity to generate points

11. padrace
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 02:48:02

Ahh good point. And if there's anyone in the world who knows about this stuff and the problems that could happen it's you zombo!