UPSB v4

General Discussion / Youtube Pen Spinning Game

1. Mik3
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 22:29:04

Hey. I have been thinking of this new ongoing game that could be played all year, to fill in the gaps between the major tournaments and to keep spinners motivated and learning new tricks. I imagine that it would be split into 3 separate divisions:Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Essentially, one person posts a video of a trick or small combo (probably the beginner/intermediate section) or a full length combo (probably advanced). The one who copies the trick/combo first and posts it as a video response gets to make up the next trick/combo for others to try to copy. It seems fairly simple and I think that I would really advance spinner's abilities and keep them motivated while providing some entertainment when youtube pen spinning seems kind of slow. Just a thought...

2. iColor
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 22:50:20

This is almost exactly similar to a game that we already have. (It's just not active anymore): http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=26 And here's the beginner's tack on thread: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=24

3. Mik3
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 23:41:13

Yeah but it seems as though the point of that game is that people keep tacking on until everyone gets bored of the same trick lineup. The end point is boredom...I'm not surprised that it's no longer active.

4. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 23:50:52

Mik3 wrote: Yeah but it seems as though the point of that game is that people keep tacking on until everyone gets bored of the same trick lineup. The end point is boredom...I'm not surprised that it's no longer active.
    The way you win in a tack-on game is having your opponeny forfeit brcause they can't execute the trick. IMO your idea is just a different way of winning, ie "by getting bored"

5. Mik3
    Date: Fri, Nov 4 2011 00:16:22

Maybe so, but if that is the point, then why not just cut the tricks that have already been duplicated. I would imagine it becoming boring for 90% of the combo until you get to the more recently tacked on tricks, and then drop...and get frustrated that you have to start all over. This new game focuses on little wins that anyone can get. In the later stages of tack on, I would imagine that there are only a few who can (or who are wiling) to do the combo over and over as it just gets ridiculously long (especially for intermediates), automatically making the contest exclusive to only those who can do it while others wait for it to be over. This new one runs open all the time for everyone to participate in...

6. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Nov 4 2011 04:27:46

well tack-on is also open all the time, if you want to cross-reference a youtube tack-on within our tack-on thread, you are free to do so.

7. Manti
    Date: Fri, Nov 4 2011 22:40:40

I think this is good idea and I would like to play this game. Recent times I can't motivate myself to training penspinning, and I hope that this game should help me with it. But, you need to prepare it very exactly like you said "beginner, intermediate, advance", it could be hard for you, but... good luck, I'm in!