UPSB v4

General Discussion / PS-Documentary Applications Thread

1. iColor
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 18:41:37

Hello fellow members. There seems to be a big interest in the PS Documentary, so I hav decided to start this project now. Below, there are application forms. These are not final and new applications for new roles will be added. Please fill them out for the role you want (You may apply for multiple roles.) Please PM me the completed application. If you are accepted, you will be invited to join the PS Documentary Group. -- [B]Researcher:[/B] How long have you've been pen spinning? What communities are you associated with? Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? (Options: Not at all, Barely, Moderately, Extensively.) How many hours per week are you willing to donate? -- [B]Video Editor:[/B] How long have you been Pen Spinning? Your latest work: Your favourite/best work: How many hours per week are you willing to donate? What editing programs are you comfortable with? What do you think you can add to the film? (Be specific.) -- [B]Translator:[/B] How long have you been Pen Spinning? What languages do you speak? (Please list how many years for each.) How long have you been speaking/studying English? (1-2 years, 3-4 years, 5+ years.) What communities are you apart of? How many hours per week are you willing to donate? -- [B]Voice Actor:[/B] How long have you been Pen Spinning? What type of mic do you use? Do you speak any other language besides English? (Please list.) Record yourself reciting this passage. (Upload to mediafire/Youtube/Etc. and paste link.) "The Art Of Pen Spinning. Today, World Cup 2012 has closed registration for boards. The communities that have registered are preparing for WC2012 as we speak. This coming year for World Cup will be an interesting event, as many professional and prolific spinners have quit pen spinning. This has left a prolonged effect on the amount of world-class spinners available. Desperately trying to prepare for World Cup, many pen spinners feel the pressure of the upcoming event." How many hours per week are you willing to donate? -- [B]Camera-man:[/B] How long have you've been Pen Spinning? What camera do you use? Will you be able to capture nature/ambient scenes? What do you think you can add to the film? How many hours per week are you willing to donate? -- [B]Graphics/Artwork:[/B] How long have you've been Pen Spinning? How many years of art have you had? Your work examples: How many hours per week are you willing to donate? -- If you still want to help but your role/application is not listed here, feel free to PM me. (List your helpful skills in the message.)

2. Gisele 8
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 20:12:11

Researcher: How long have you've been pen spinning? 5years What communities are you associated with? bpsc,fpsb,mypsc,upsb mainly Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? v.extensive x) How many hours per week are you willing to donate? let's begin with 2 hmmm ofc i'm a video editor but not being sure about the amount of time i'll get this year, i can't say atm. post-prod comes afterwards anyway ^^

3. King
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 21:46:06

Voice Actor: How long have you been Pen Spinning? .5 years What type of mic do you use? laptop mic...? Do you speak any other language besides English? (Please list.) Just English Record yourself reciting these sentences. (Upload to mediafire/Youtube/Etc. and paste link.) "The Art of Pen Spinning. The documentary that explains the history of Pen Spinning, the philosophy, and the passion. Coming soon." How many hours per week are you willing to donate? As much time needed :3

4. fang
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 22:18:24

[B]Voice Actor:[/B] How long have you been Pen Spinning? I spin for 2 years now. What type of mic do you use? I can use now just a laptop or a headset mic. , but within a month I am going to buy a mic. Do you speak any other language besides English? (Please list.) Dutch Record yourself reciting these sentences. (Upload to mediafire/Youtube/Etc. and paste link.) "The Art of Pen Spinning. The documentary that explains the history of Pen Spinning, the philosophy, and the passion. Coming soon." How many hours per week are you willing to donate? I got every weekend, so like 2-6 (+/-) hour. -- [B] Camera-man:[/B] How long have you've been Pen Spinning? 2 years What camera do you use? Same story as the mic. Gonna buy one this month Will you be able to capture nature/ambient scenes? Yes, I am sure about that. With or without spinners. Doesn't matter, I can do it!~ What do you think you can add to the film? Interesting shots, Good storie line of filming etc.!~ How many hours per week are you willing to donate? Again like 2-6 (+/-) hour. -- [B] Graphics/Artwork:[/B] How long have you've been Pen Spinning? 2 years. How many years of art have you had? I grow up with art, but I am working with it the most in like 5-6 years. Your work examples: http://fangps.deviantart.com/ I would saw, BROWSE!~ :3 How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 2-6 (+/-) hour. These are the points I am interest. I can do them all @ once, but 1or2 of them is also fine!~

5. iColor
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 22:24:50

[quote=iColor]Please PM me the completed application.[/quote] Haha, don't worry about it if you've already posted it. Just copy/paste and PM it to me.

6. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 22:30:44

@iColor for the voice actor you should probably include a few more lines. That particular line seems like it's for a trailer and generally it's just the one voice-over guy for all trailers lol, so everyone will try to sound like that but for the actual documentary, it's a much much different voice than the trailer guy. so maybe include some stuff in different scenarios like "Spinnerpeem had won the world tournament" and "Bonkura had passed away" so you can see what they'd sound like in all cases.

7. iColor
    Date: Tue, Nov 1 2011 22:35:00

strat1227 wrote: @iColor for the voice actor you should probably include a few more lines. That particular line seems like it's for a trailer and generally it's just the one voice-over guy for all trailers lol, so everyone will try to sound like that but for the actual documentary, it's a much much different voice than the trailer guy. so maybe include some stuff in different scenarios like "Spinnerpeem had won the world tournament" and "Bonkura had passed away" so you can see what they'd sound like in all cases.
    I see what you're getting at. I guess I'll change it now. (I typed that whole post on my phone, lol.) I'll give them a snippet of the script then. EDIT: Voice Actors' lines are modified.

8. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 02:52:17

Researcher: How long have you've been pen spinning? 4 years What communities are you associated with? UPSB, mainly Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? Extensively How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 2-3 hours

9. ron-g
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 06:25:39

Will there be more roles in the documentary other than the ones listed?

10. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 10:46:58

Translator: How long have you been Pen Spinning? 1 Year. What languages do you speak? (Please list how many years for each.) Cantonese, Mandarin, English. How long have you been speaking/studying English? (1-2 years, 3-4 years, 5+ years.) 5+ years. What communities are you apart of? UPSB, HKPSA How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 7 hours a week. Not much but anyways :p

11. VikroaL
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 11:22:11

/sent

12. papa happy
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 21:52:58

hey buddy, if you need help with anything , let me know :D i love close to ya . and im home for awhile so let me know :D thanks

13. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 00:07:09

Researcher: How long have you've been pen spinning? 3.5 years. What communities are you associated with? UPSB only. ( I do linger on other forums very often) Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? (Options: Not at all, Barely, Moderately, Extensively.) Pretty extensive -- Camera-man: How long have you've been Pen Spinning? 3.5 years What camera do you use? Samsung ST82 (shoots in 720p, 30fps) but I'm saving up for a Sony HDR-XR160E (1080p, 60fps) (better version of the camera Vic uses) I'll probably be getting it at the end of the year Will you be able to capture nature/ambient scenes? Not really. Singapore doesn't have many nature areas. I can get some good ambient shots. What do you think you can add to the film? I do have a good setup for filming spinning with a perfectly black background (something like the PSO setup) so it'll be good to show some specific spinning stuff. Also I've done camera work for a church movie and I'm a camera man during service so I have quite a fair bit of experience with cameras and editing. How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 1 Hour a day for both parts

14. iColor
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 00:20:01

(Btw, all applications are supposed to be PMed to me, but it's alright if you posted it here.) I'm looking for somebody to be able to take control over the Advertisement/Promotional Campaign, if there's nobody that can do this, I can do it myself.

15. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 00:41:21

@iColor YES!, I think I have already talked to you about the advertising thing in the sb. This is the main role that I want. I didn't see no form for it so I didn't mention it in my pm. what do I need to do to qualify for this position? talking about advertising/promotional campaign here.

16. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 03:14:29

Researcher: How long have you've been pen spinning? 3 Years What communities are you associated with? UPSB Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? Extensively How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 3-5 hours, a[B] day.[/B]

17. Aurora
    Date: Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:09:36

Researcher:Researcher: How long have you've been pen spinning? 3months What communities are you associated with? MYPSC , UPSB , TWPS and JEB ( Just Translate and see their skill explanation) Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? Very extensive =D How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 6hours

18. midniteferret
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 00:58:03

I would be vid editor but compared to what I've seen from icolor I suck...unless people are willing to spin in front of a green screen...

19. Pixels
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 06:12:02

How long have you been Pen Spinning? 8 months What languages do you speak? (Please list how many years for each.) English, Chinese. How long have you been speaking/studying English? 10 years. What communities are you apart of? UPSB How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 10 hours a week.

20. 34rryy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:14:57

Researcher: How long have you've been pen spinning? 7 years. What communities are you associated with? 4 communities. Do you have extensive knowledge of Pen Spinning? (Options: Not at all, Barely, Moderately, Extensively.) Extensively to the extreme. How many hours per week are you willing to donate? 2-7

21. Soren
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 12:14:40

@iColor How's the documentary going?

22. iColor
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 12:16:28

Supergirl wrote: @iColor How's the documentary going?
    We are currently working with Grant and TEK to create a quality film. :)

23. Soren
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 12:19:43

iColor wrote: We are currently working with Grant and TEK to create a quality film. :)
    Good to know. Is it possible to post frequent updates of the documentary?

24. iColor
    Date: Sat, Feb 18 2012 12:22:30

Supergirl wrote: Good to know. Is it possible to post frequent updates of the documentary?
    Hm, I will try to update as frequently as possible, but no promises. Haha. It's quite a secret project because we want to preserve the details up until release. Not to mention, TEK and Grant have busy lives, in addition to IPSA's other focuses too.

25. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jun 30 2012 08:37:42

Any updates?