UPSB v4

General Discussion / What's new, and where do I start?

1. Iota
    Date: Mon, Oct 31 2011 15:57:08

As the title suggests, I would like to actually start spinning more, and actually learning new things as up to now I've just been using the linkages and tricks I already know in different and more difficult ways, though never really getting better at my conts., power tricks, or learning any new links or tricks. I even see some of the newerish (1-2 year) spinners that are emerging and getting really good, e.g. Twine, miyat, and so on, doing links that I can't even conceptualize of my current trick/linkage base knowledge. I know within this year or 6 months or so that I haven't really been active and actively learning new things, a ton of new tricks/linkages have sprung up that I have no clue exist, have no clue how to do, etc. Can some of you more experienced spinners help a brotha out? Not necessarily with directly learning/teaching them, but just helping give me some sense of what's out there for me to learn and what the stuff is called/consists of, where to start picking up from where I left off, and any vid(s) of whatever tricks/links you mention be they just the trick/link in use, preferably by the originator or at least someone know does it nicely and clearly, or tutorial vid if one exists. While I'm focusing on piano and sc2, I also decided that I want to bring PS back into my life a bit more, I'd like to improve and get past the wall of inconsitency (atm I ABHOR filming, I drop like 200-300 times for a simple combo simply b/c it's over my desk and it doesn't allow for my bad habits and general sloppiness to let me finish a combo I'd normally do, and I wanna be able to love it just like I love casual spinning), as I know I'm way behind the level of what a 2+ year spinner should be :( Thanks in advance, if any of you get around to replying in this thread or through PM or whatever, hopefully enough of you oldies or experienced spinners are still somewhat active, and see this ^^

2. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Oct 31 2011 16:31:28

that's a tough question =[ so far ive just been working on my own stuff and my own linkages a lot of popular links seem to be going towards the creative use of powerpass or fingerless around 0.5 variations perhaps start there? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyRBHBjvygU&feature=feedu

3. Iota
    Date: Mon, Oct 31 2011 17:08:42

Thanks so much, Pen Ninja <3 Yeah, I've seen some of your new stuff, and I like it alot ^^ Yeah I'm learning those now, as of now I can do powerpass rev on the backhand (descending one curling fingers in), and palmside (more traditional one starting from ring and ascending, fingers curling in), and I just learned the reverses of both of those after watching that amazingly helpful link, they aren't too hard though getting em consistent and really smooth will take some refinement over time. To put in perspective somewhat of what I mean, when I look at the linkages baaron does, even the really fast direction changes and crazy palm down FL around .5 variants and such that spinners like HAL, vicgotgame (used to), and so on will do, as well as some of the newer wipers that s777 and Baaron have/had been using lately, I either don't understand what happened (e.g. 70% of baaron FS's) or I understand and can conceptualize, but have no freaking clue how to actually go and do it. If that makes any sense XD