UPSB v4

Philosophy / Some questions about Pen-Spinning

1. ShinneS
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 11:10:32

Well,first of all sorry for my bad english which makes harder to commucate and transfer my thoughts. What's main reason for starting pen-spinning?Finding an hobby?or our alone friends need things to do,and ps involves less human being(Without letting people know.)And i think most of spinners socially "diffrent". Secondly,how does style get its shape?What's the position of culture,way of living,even foods...etc.At this point,where does sense of art stands?Or IQ? Most of you may find it unneccesary but,i do believe to be on "top spinner",we should examine many styles' structure.And that requires a mental strenght.What's your opinion? And do you think that the relationship between music&ps proves ps is an art?Or,we find ourselves hours of practising,then it's kind of a sport.Can't we say it's "art based sportive hobby"?

2. DArKT
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 11:58:39

ShinneS wrote: Well,first of all sorry for my bad english which makes harder to commucate and transfer my thoughts. What's main reason for starting pen-spinning?Finding an hobby?or our alone friends need things to do,and ps involves less human being(Without letting people know.)And i think most of spinners socially "diffrent". Secondly,how does style get its shape?What's the position of culture,way of living,even foods...etc.At this point,where does sense of art stands?Or IQ? Most of you may find it unneccesary but,i do believe to be on "top spinner",we should examine many styles' structure.And that requires a mental strenght.What's your opinion? And do you think that the relationship between music&ps proves ps is an art?Or,we find ourselves hours of practising,then it's kind of a sport.Can't we say it's [COLOR="red"]"art based sportive hobby"[/COLOR]?
    Thats all. a hobby,art,sports...

3. ShinneS
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 17:31:11

Thank you. And your reply about question 2&3?

4. iColor
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 17:54:54

1) I found pen spinning mostly because it was something new. A cool new hobby, and it was something to do in my free-time. 2) Pen spinning style shouldn't really come from where you are from, your culture or anything like that. It's a unique style that you develop yourself. 3) Hmm, in some ways, it can be related to art. It can also be related to a sport because of the hours of practicing, and tournaments. I think it's just a hobby, but a hobby can be any one of those things. (Speed stacking was a hobby, had tournaments and stuff, and people call it a sport.)

5. RdHg
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 20:32:54

1) I think pen spinning is a hobby and something cool to know how to do. 2) I think styles are like hand writing. everyone has their own, some may look very similar but they are still unique to his or herself. 3) agree with iColor on this.

6. ShinneS
    Date: Mon, Oct 31 2011 11:25:07

I have to say that i've loved RdHg's example on 2nd answer. I guess we've agreed on question 3.Also regarding to answers,question 1 is pretty personal.We can't give a general defining for it,right?