UPSB v4

General Discussion / Off days

1. Fluid
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 00:24:45

Do you guys ever have off days. Where your hand just feels a little stiff and you can't really do any tricks. I'm new to pen spinning but i'm just having one of those days.:dunce:

2. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 00:36:47

it does happen, sometimes you just dont feel like you can grip the pen properly, sometimes it feels like every trick just doesnt want to work... it's a real pain but ull learn to overcome it

3. Fluid
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 00:51:13

Yeah.. pen spinning is too fun to be mad at it though haha

4. Reason
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 01:23:14

pen spinning is just so much fun, but you always get to a point where it seems like you cant land any tricks/make good linkages/make good combos etc. etc... but i relate it to a good video game where you get stuck on a tough boss or an impossible level; just keep trying until it hurts (but dont be too bothered by it, after all its just a game and sometimes we need to put the controller down and call it a day)... that was quite a prolix analogy..

5. iColor
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 02:06:15

Don't overwork yourself or get yourself frustrated, that subtracts from your overall pen spinning skill. I get off-days a lot, but I usually stop spinning for a while and then try again some other time.

6. Wisp
    Date: Mon, Oct 31 2011 22:31:20

If I take my emboss mod to school with me to spin, by the end of the day my hand is in agony. To prevent this I keep my emboss mod at home and bring my RSVP, Comssa and a Dr Grip to school because I know I will be subconsciously be spinning.

7. jet
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 06:59:35

i get an off day whenever i try to film something o-o

8. YUi
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:50:54

I wanna know, if you film for a while and you still cant get shit down, should you give up and come back later or just keep filming? By a while i mean perhaps 30 mins to 45 mins.

9. phinamthi
    Date: Thu, Nov 10 2011 15:40:05

YUi wrote: I wanna know, if you film for a while and you still cant get shit down, should you give up and come back later or just keep filming? By a while i mean perhaps 30 mins to 45 mins.
    Just come back later and try it again. Keep practicing on the combo. Oh, and by come back later, I mean do it tomorrow at the same amount of time.

10. YUi
    Date: Fri, Nov 11 2011 14:11:22

K thanks a lot

11. Phyr
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 01:45:01

Sometimes my hand is very tired of penspinning and the day after that, is just like "i don't wanna look pens anymore >.