UPSB v4

General Discussion / Overcoming SpinnersBlock

1. King
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 06:45:17

Spinner's Block is a new word i came up with that has the same meaning of Writers block, just with penspinning. I am 100% sure every spinner has encountered this once, if not multiple times in their spinning career. What i want to know, is how you overcame this notsofun spinners block time period. Other then the generic "Practice more," I mean. Because there is a certain way to practice other then doing the same tricks and links over and over again. I have theorized a way to overcome said spinners block. Take a break from physically spinning your pen, and ACTIVELY watch /5/ Solo videos of a couple DIFFERENT penspinners that you like. And when I say actively, I mean watch the video once to watch, once to truly absorb what is going on and then one last time to breakdown what you liked in the video. THEN pick up your pen and try doing the things you liked AFTER WATCHING ALL FIVE VIDEOS. I believe this to be a good way to practice and overcome spinners block because it makes you truly think about spinning again and keeps you interested in what you are doing. If you disagree with anything i have said PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment and tell me why. I want to know what you think would be better. Thanks for reading! I hope I helped. And maybe this will help myself overcome my severe case of Spinners block :3

2. lynkesis
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 07:16:39

Nice, I have this problem too. That's why i take a long time to learn new stuff. Thanks.

3. PenVirus
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 10:20:01

Yeah.. Watch and watch and watch and watch and watch pen spinning vids.. It will inspire you to practice and learn new stuff again. :) Once you've overcome the Spinner's block... I believe this will be the time when improvement starts.

4. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:27:03

I do that, even if I am not in the "spinners block" thing, but nice i liked it

5. funnky
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 14:27:10

good idea king.

6. Raos
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 14:34:08

nice job bro, time to watch some videos lol

7. sangara
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 16:41:37

I like every other spinner my age has gone through this many, many times. My cure for it is always just stop spinning. You can't force it out, I'll just not spin until something inspires me, it doesn't have to be a penspinning video, remember that.

8. browndog12
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 17:48:52

DUDE @King I FUCKING FIGURED IT OUT HERES WHY WHEN YOU SPIN YOUR STYLE LOOKS MEH ITS YOUR FINGERS. MORE SWAG. PUT IT THERE. EDIT: so i guess since you do have a pretty good number of links, watch the spinners HAND more than the actual tricks. that helped me a lot.

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 18:44:09

I listen to music and just let my thoughts wander around. Sometimes Combos just pop up in my mind and I spin them(or try and fail horribly xD). Dunno I don't really ever stop spinning, cuz my fingers automatically spin something every now and then. Except when my skin rash gets bad D:

10. Kari
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 18:49:46

sangara wrote: I like every other spinner my age has gone through this many, many times. My cure for it is always just stop spinning. You can't force it out, I'll just not spin until something inspires me, it doesn't have to be a penspinning video, remember that.
    I actually did the same thing. I stopped spinning and it actually did help me. I have been spinning so much since I came back here. It's amazing how that works. Listening to music could be inspiring too. Hearing a song you could spin to could work magic.

11. jet
    Date: Fri, Nov 11 2011 05:16:49

PenVirus wrote: Yeah.. Watch and watch and watch and watch and watch pen spinning vids.. It will inspire you to practice and learn new stuff again. :) Once you've overcome the Spinner's block... I believe this will be the time when improvement starts.
    *looks at avatar* new best friend? i think so.

12. Sc00t
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 19:54:54

i just quit when it got boring...personally...

13. vZakat
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 02:30:19

I usually take a few days off of spinning. When I come back I'm usually refreshed and better than I was before. Don't quite know why.

14. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 02:37:08

Actually, that is probably one of the bests ways prevent spinners' block. I haven't been watching many videos lately so my combos have been very repetitive or the combos are just slightly modified but doesn't look any better. :/

15. 34rryy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:06:33

You could go and see a hypnotist to fix your spinners block, or a sport psychologist.