UPSB v4

News & Announcements / Maintenance [Completed]

1. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 14:06:56

There will be a little bit of downtime TODAY (wednesday) for server maintenance. kam is in charge of this maintenance. EDIT: changed day for today

2. Wisp
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 15:41:28

Are we allowed to know what's going on?

3. funnky
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 15:46:10

Wisp wrote: Are we allowed to know what's going on?
    of course not. dont be stupid.

4. Wisp
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 15:46:43

funnky wrote: of course not. dont be stupid.
    Don't be a bitch nigga.

5. lolfus
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 15:50:34

downtime??? noooooo! when?

6. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 16:48:31

Wisp wrote: Are we allowed to know what's going on?
    its an internal migration towards another server within our hosting company. i dont know when its gonna happen

7. kam
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:05:23

Sorry...hate to give last minute notice, but the maintenance will happen sooner...like today afternoon sometime (Pacific Standard Time). I'll be closing down the forum for a few hours so I can get an accurate dump of our databases and hopefully not lose any data. I could do them without closing the board, but then any posts made after I made the database dump would be lost once the move is complete. If you have something important (like a battle or collab deadline) that is being done via UPSB and can't wait for a day or so, please arrange other means of contacting the other people. Edit: @Wisp Our hosting company is closing down the server we're currently hosted on (due to multiple failures in the past) and moving things to a new server.

8. Soren
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:28:48

kam wrote: Sorry...hate to give last minute notice, but the maintenance will happen sooner...like today afternoon sometime (Pacific Standard Time). I'll be closing down the forum for a few hours so I can get an accurate dump of our databases and hopefully not lose any data. I could do them without closing the board, but then any posts made after I made the database dump would be lost once the move is complete. If you have something important (like a battle or collab deadline) that is being done via UPSB and can't wait for a day or so, please arrange other means of contacting the other people. Edit: @Wisp Our hosting company is closing down the server we're currently hosted on (due to multiple failures in the past) and moving things to a new server.
    what? upsb v5 now? new forum? everything starts fresh? again!?

9. Wisp
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:29:52

Supergirl wrote: what? upsb v5 now? new forum? everything starts fresh? again!?
    no, just changing the server on which UPSB is hosted from.

10. Soren
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:31:34

Wisp wrote: no, just changing the server on which UPSB is hosted from.
    i see

11. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 18:22:14

if everything go well, you will literally see nothing changed ;)

12. Pen Ninja
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 22:39:19

you say there will be downtime on Wednesday... it's already Thursday in Australia, does that mean that I've already had my downtime yesterday? clearly this means UPSB wont go down for me today... since you said itd be down on Wed... if it goes down on Thursday (today) ima be disappointed :P

13. kam
    Date: Thu, Oct 20 2011 00:59:25

The move seems to have gone smoothly...I haven't checked ALL parts of UPSB as I'm not familiar with some, but all of the forums, wiki, etc. should be good. If anyone notices something missing, please let us know and I'll try to get it back.

14. Eruption
    Date: Thu, Oct 20 2011 05:55:28

nice work can't tell the difference ;)

15. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 10:10:52

Fatal error: Call to a member function getID() on a non-object in /home/upsb/public_html/wiki/includes/vbMediaWikiAuthPlugin.php on line 136 something is wrong with the wiki

16. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Oct 26 2011 20:36:27

{TH}Enzo wrote: Fatal error: Call to a member function getID() on a non-object in /home/upsb/public_html/wiki/includes/vbMediaWikiAuthPlugin.php on line 136 something is wrong with the wiki
    link please

17. gyrobius
    Date: Thu, Oct 27 2011 02:38:19

Pen Ninja wrote: you say there will be downtime on Wednesday... it's already Thursday in Australia, does that mean that I've already had my downtime yesterday? clearly this means UPSB wont go down for me today... since you said itd be down on Wed... if it goes down on Thursday (today) ima be disappointed :P
    I can't tell if you're a time traveler, or just Australian.

18. Aurora
    Date: Fri, Nov 18 2011 13:22:16

Hope no maintanence helding later