UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey there UPSB!

1. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 17:15:10

Hey guys, I'm eurocracy and I'm a relatively new pen spinner from north-west britain (In before "Northern monkey!", haha). By new I mean that before I started lurking and created this account I had troubles creating it because it took me 10 minutes to work out that PS on the sign up meant "Pen Spinning" rather than the thing you put to add extra comments to a letter. Haha! I've been mostly lurking on the forums besides my first post which I posted a mod I created two weeks ago, I've since moved onto a better, lighter mod using two papermate Stick 2020s which are incredibly common in britain (A pack of 50 of them costs around £7!). You can see a picture of one below: I've been able to do a thumbaround since forever but started new learning tricks in September 7th this year when I first started learning the sonic, I had mastered it by the next day. The tricks I have currently mastered are the Thumbaround, sonic, charge 12 and 13, twisted sonic, infinity, double infinity, demon sonic, figure 8(Does that qualify as a trick? :O) and am currently trying to master the shadow ( I land it around 1 every 5 times, the rest either ends up turning into a neosonic palm down by accident and landing on the thumbflap or getting dropped!) I really enjoy the thought of modding and would love to get more into it, I'm currently taking a look at sites such as penwish and such and am considering one day getting around to making a firefly mod because it is so beautiful. On another note I am also heavily skilled in photoshop so I'll be looking into making some insert designs for future mods. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and I'll see you around the forums!

2. Wisp
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 18:13:04

WOOT Another UK Spinner, there are few of us. Welcome to UPSB. If you want to make a mod with pens you can get at Tesco or WH Smith then you can make a grip avaire or a zgmx (ask me about them if you want to get on tinychat). Good luck with spinning, I suggest learning reverse thumbaround, it really helps ^.^

3. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 18:26:22

Welcome to UPSB! Happy to have more spinners. ^_^ If you have any questions please feel free to ask. And join in the shoutbox more often. :lol:

4. Dris
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 18:27:16

Welcome welcome to UPSB. Enjoy your stay! And try what wisp said. Reverse thumbaround is a good move to know.

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 19:41:40

I gave the reverse thumbaround about 10 tries to test how hard the trick was, will need to practice a lot to get it nailed down but I'll be getting to work on it when I learn the shadow.

6. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 19:48:30

Learn [pd] inv sonic rev 12-23. One of my favorites. ^_^

7. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 19:54:32

:welcome:

8. Danny116
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 20:20:08

Welcome to UPSB! enjoy your stay!

9. Reverse
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:49:56

:welcome: to UPSB I suggest you to learn reverse thumbaround or other like combo Keep practicing and active in this forum :D

10. fang
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:31:15

Welcome on UPSB!~

11. lolfus
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 13:37:56

Welcome! When you have a good pen, you can learn very easily the fingerless thumbaround, and when you can do the ta reverse you easily learn the fingerless ta reverse. also very easy to do is the backaround. enjoy the upsb, have a nice time here.

12. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 18:33:17

Thanks for the welcomes and tips guys, I'll keep them in mind!