UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Pen Spinning from Cal U in PA

1. Nakamaru
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 06:28:27

One of my teachers has turned the class about manufacturing into a class about statistics. Since i already know enough of statistics to handle the information in the book i decided to pick up pen spinning. So here i stand (post) today. I have only been spinning for a few weeks. I use a Dr KT black and Dr KT original. I can do the thumbaround, TA reverse, Twisted Sonic, Charge in 12 and 23, Sonic (kinda floppy though), Shadow 50%, infinity, and working on double infinity. I hope to keep with PS enough to learn as many tricks as i can. I don't aim to be competitive or anything. It is just too much fun not to learn. ^.^ Oh, and Hello!

2. Imitiate
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 09:31:11

For someone who has been spinning for a few weeks only u should not use a dr.kt . You should use something light like a bictory , metal comssa , mx . Using heavy pens might ruin your style and u wont be able to handle light pens anymore.

3. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 15:26:24

Welcome to UPSB! (sun) If you are not going to be competitive with psing I see nothing wrong with using a kt but it isn't the best starter pen. As said above a metallic comssa is a good starter pen. You are off to a good start though. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask. ^_^

4. Nakamaru
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 15:30:38

Really? Alright i'll have to order my own then. the Dr KTs are hand me down's from a friend. Should i start using heavier pens once i get the fundamentals down?

5. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 15:54:43

Maybe after six months you can start using heavier pens. You really want to stay away from them (says the one who only spins kt :p). I started with an RSVP nx mmt. Very light mod to me now. I started spinning a kt after one year. I've spun it since. You can go with heavy mods later just find a light one that you like for now.

6. Reverse
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:52:49

Hmm... all of Dr. KT isn't good for the beginner like you. I suggest you to use the light mod as Metalic Comssa as 2-sided pen mod or RSVP Mod as 1-sided pen mod so that you could become master early :D btw, :welcome: to UPSB

7. Nakamaru
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:23:41

I ordered a comssa mod and mx off of penwish. So I can practice with either and see which one I like better. (I'm a sucker for variety). Like I said they are hand me downs from a friend so I'm just using them until I get lighter pens. Thanks for letting me know I was making a bug mistake. :P