UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Linkage tips and tricks?

1. FreshNoob
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 03:57:43

I myself am a beginner and having a problem in linking tricks together. I've gotten the fundamentals down and some other advanced tricks enough to perform my own combo. Out of curiosity how do you guys practice linkages? (Ex: Practice a certain linkage everyday until mastered and then move on.) Would there be and tips and tricks that I should know towards more success linkages? (Besides a general "practice") Thanks

2. funnky
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 04:12:34

when u make links and combos try to make em look good and dont spam tricks. and when i make a combo i just practice it all day untill i can do it somewhat smoothly

3. Boxxy
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:47:19

i learned by doing stuff like sonic to sonic reverse or fingerless thumbaround to twisted sonic bust or shadow so just practice one at a time then when you can do it well practice that + 1 more trick and on and on

4. TheVenjure
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 22:14:39

i'm also a beginner and i'm making combos by adding onto tricks like platinumsj said

5. FreshNoob
    Date: Sun, Oct 30 2011 06:09:06

platinumsj wrote: i learned by doing stuff like sonic to sonic reverse
    Is there a way to link normal and reverses smoothly or is that all personal preference in style?

6. WaterOfHell
    Date: Sun, Oct 30 2011 06:58:37

I link moves with the same revolution,im not good at reverses and i dont know how to make combo's ..

7. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Oct 30 2011 15:12:54

FreshNoob wrote: Is there a way to link normal and reverses smoothly or is that all personal preference in style?
    A good way to link normal and reverses is to turn your hand from palm down to palmside, which makes it FAR easier to change directions (ex: rev to normal, normal to rev, etc.)

8. FreshNoob
    Date: Sun, Oct 30 2011 18:29:57

MickChickenn wrote: A good way to link normal and reverses is to turn your hand from palm down to palmside, which makes it FAR easier to change directions (ex: rev to normal, normal to rev, etc.)
    Thanks! This helped lot. ^_^

9. Boxxy
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 00:35:25

FreshNoob wrote: Is there a way to link normal and reverses smoothly or is that all personal preference in style?
    depends on the trick also the spinner i cant do a finger pass to finger pass reverse i can do, sonic
  10. FreshNoob
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 03:30:56

I found out that some linkages [B]CAN[/B] require certain tricks to help with the "flow". i.e. Doing a neosonic in middle of finger pass to finger pass rev (Pass--> Neosonic --> Pass Reverse) Of course, this is all personally preference. ^_^