UPSB v4

Off-topic / Someone has my IP, phone number, and password

1. hawkeye
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 23:48:18

Here's the story. Today this guy named kingkb24 and I got into a fight in Minecraft He said I barely did any work and that I didn't deserve to be the same rank as him, which was God (aka Owner) So we started arguing.. Eventually it got to the point where another guy, owner of the website and network got involved and then king forced him to de-rank me Later I went back into King's server. He hadn't banned me yet and I still had OP controls I filled the spawn and his statue with TNT and exploded it and crashed the server [B]ANYHOO.[/B] An hour later he had found out and texted me saying Ur fucking screwed I have ur phone number, ip, and password I asked him what he would do with that information and he said I would see tomorrow. I'm worrying, what exactly can someone do with your IP, phone number, and password? I dont even know what password he has, and [B]my phone got blocked from online services earlier this year.[/B] What can someone do with my IP, phone number, and some.. random.. password..? [B]I don't know much about online things like IPs and that kinda stuff... so.. :P worrying.[/B] [B]EDIT[/B] [B]More Info[/B] -PFPortChecker program says my router cannot be pinged. (idk what exactly that means) -I have port fowarded my IP for MC before, but after this I resetted it to its defaults -I'm on a notebook PC so I have wireless connections

2. iColor
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 23:51:39

I think the worst he can do is sign your phone number up for a bunch of services. I recommend changing your phone number.

3. Sankaku
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 23:53:54

Childish.

4. hawkeye
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 23:53:56

I said my uh, phone got blocked from online services earlier this year.. and BTW my IP... i'm on a notebook PC (so wireless connections), will that affect anything?

5. hawkeye
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 23:55:12

who, me? :D i'm just worrying. i dont know much about IPS and that kind of stuff so i dunno what can happen.. which worries me alot.

6. iColor
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 23:55:39

He won't be able to do much with your IP. =p

7. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:00:12

Call the internets police. Why did you give him your phone number anyways?... IP wise, what's he going to do with that? lol... turn your internet off and not much. Stupid.

8. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:01:05

LOLOLOLOLOL INTERNET FIGHTS HAHAHAHAHAHA

9. Zkhan
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:04:35

^try the above suggestions and if all else fails...take derivative

10. Tetsip
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:04:42

this.. is.. pathetic lol. he can't really do much though... except mass spam your phone and stuff

11. neXus
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:05:04

XiX wrote: What can someone do with my IP, phone number, and some.. random.. password..?
    Actually there's lots that can be done, let me tell you this: The consequences will never be the same.

12. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:07:01

XiX wrote: What can someone do with my IP, phone number, and some.. random.. password..?
    To answer your question, he COULD find out where you live, come there with a gun and shoot everyone you love. Most likely he'll just revert your idiotic actions and go on with life, like a normal person.

13. VendettaBF
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:13:54

OMG HE CAN PING YOU! EDIT: don't most minecraft servers backup their world hourly/daily

14. NoRice4U
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:17:23

The most he can do with your IP Address is find out the city you may live in and if he is going to go that far, use Denial of Service attacks, although if you have a dynamic IP Address you should be fine. As for the phone if he really wants to go that far into SMS Bombing etc, you should change your phone number.

15. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:20:02

VendettaBF wrote: OMG HE CAN PING YOU!
    in my experience with minecraft ips i have port fowarded my ip (but put the settings back normal after this thing) and used the program called PFPortChecker. it would say my port is open and then my port would be forwarded but wud always say it couldn't ping my router. good? bad?

16. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:21:49

NoRice4U wrote: , although if you have a dynamic IP Address you should be fine..
    can you tell me what you mean by a dynamic IP address? is that a static iP? i'm on a notebook PC so it has wireless connections.

17. VendettaBF
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:23:04

If you cannot ping to your router, that means you cannot be on the internet with your router... In anycase, your nemesis pinging you is not harmful..

18. iColor
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:23:50

HE'S GONNA PING YOU WITH BYTES.

19. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:26:44

what is pinging exactly...

20. NoRice4U
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:30:14

XiX wrote: can you tell me what you mean by a dynamic IP address? is that a static iP? i'm on a notebook PC so it has wireless connections.
    Dynamic means the IP will change.

21. hunoo55
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:30:18

Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology.

22. VendettaBF
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:33:08

Or in laymans term, when you ping someone you are checking if you can access the other computer or device by sending packets and receiving packets. the time it takes to send and receive will tell you how good of a connection there is. btw how are you able to be a server admin or "god" if you dont know these general knowledge needed for servers

23. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:42:01

i just got ranked to the point the people were friendly enough for me... they never really needed me to know this stuff so i never really bothered to learn :P

24. King
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:49:11

The only thing he can do with your ip is look up where you live. But its not like hes going to do anything about it. But yeah might want to get a new phone #

25. VendettaBF
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 00:54:51

just to be clear, he cannot precisely know where you live with your IP unless he has connections for ISP, cops, etc~

26. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 01:06:54

The only real solution is to kill yourself.

27. Kari
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 02:15:23

nateiskewl wrote: The only real solution is to kill yourself.
    Just stop. ~KTSpinner~

28. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 02:34:05

This is all because you blew up a statue in minecraft... The kid must not go outside much...

29. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 03:58:55

go here http://www.whatismyip.com/ check the number at the top turn ur modem off for 10 seconds, turn it back on go back here http://www.whatismyip.com/ if the number changed ur all good for IP in terms of phone number... lololololol ur pretty fucked if it gets to the point where ur getting malicious calls ur provider may let you change your number for free if you're just paranoid about it and try to change ur number... theyll prolly charge you

30. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 04:16:26

Kari wrote: Just stop. ~KTSpinner~
    A guy can't give some genuine advice without getting slammed?

31. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 04:22:41

Pen Ninja wrote: go here http://www.whatismyip.com/ check the number at the top turn ur modem off for 10 seconds, turn it back on go back here http://www.whatismyip.com/ if the number changed ur all good for IP in terms of phone number... lololololol ur pretty fucked if it gets to the point where ur getting malicious calls ur provider may let you change your number for free if you're just paranoid about it and try to change ur number... theyll prolly charge you
    yep, i did change my IP by doing that earlier... my phone is blocked by online services, like I cant even go on the verizon music store so... will that affect anything?

32. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 06:32:24

he cant do anything that's going to cost you money or something all he can do with ur number is call it or sign it up to stupid service and ull get some useless txt messages or something if it gets to be too much, change yo numba

33. UEDan
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 07:50:47

What the fuck is minecraft?

34. Tkal
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 13:38:41

If he can get your IP, he can probably also get your general location: http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation Dynamic or not, your ISP will still generate IPs local to your area. The pw he got is probably also the one you used to log in to Minecraft, so consider changing any of your passwords if you use the same one for other things like a lot of people do. The IP he probably got was just the one you used to connect to the server, which would have been relatively easy to obtain. Dunno how he might have got your number.

35. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 22:21:30

Bump(?) Thanks for all your help and suggestions Today is the day that he'll apparently do something What I have done so far is... -Changed my external IP (it's impossible to change the router one or something, right?) -Changed my Minecraft PW -Disabled remote control on the computer -My phone is blocked from online services so hopefully that does enough, I will request a number change if it gets overboard I dont think he'll get to the point of actually coming over to where I live and... what would he do anyways. It seems like very little that I did, but I think that's the most I can do for now (besides changing other PWs and my phone #) Feel free to provide more info about this stuff Thanks for the help! :)

36. HobbyLogics
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 22:36:29

Try installing a firewall on your computer so the person will not use your ip to hack your computer?

37. hawkeye
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 22:38:02

The comp already has firewall but I dont know what to configure