UPSB v4

Spammer's Bin / Dear English Department,

1. nateiskewl
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 01:30:20

"Then there is the other secret. There isn't any symbolysm [sic]. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is shit. What goes beyond is what you see beyond when you know." -Ernest Hemingway Now quit fucking telling me Manolin is Jesus.

2. Colin
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 04:28:37

Speaking about English, my SAT (Mexican) teacher told me: "Nate is a faggot, but Strat is a douche." is proper English, as opposed to "Nate is a faggot but Strat is a douche." Now, dont you only use commas for listing things? Im completely serious btw.

3. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 04:42:42

There are no steadfast rules for that kind of stuff, it's preference For example, the oxford comma: --Colin is poor, ugly, and stupid. vs --Colin is poor, ugly and stupid. Do you use a comma before and? Some say yes and some say no, it's all preference really

4. sangara
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 04:57:25

Strat's still a douche.

5. nateiskewl
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 22:06:14

strat1227 wrote: There are no steadfast rules for that kind of stuff, it's preference For example, the oxford comma: --Colin is poor, ugly, and stupid. vs --Colin is poor, ugly and stupid. Do you use a comma before and? Some say yes and some say no, it's all preference really
    I like long walks on the beach, nights on the town, and Oxford commas.

6. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 23:13:36

nateiskewl wrote: I like long walks on the beach, nights on the town, and Oxford commas.
    I feel like this would be the title of your autobiography. That or "This is what happens when you never practice"

7. boshi
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 23:57:49

symbolism and foreshadowing is how old white people poke fun at the young.