UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / How to know if a M&M body is legit?

1. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:17:36

Hey guys :) I'm about to do a trade for a M&M KT, but I have a few questions I hope you can resolve :) The guy showed me a few pics and it seems legit, but the thing is I can't tell if the body is AC, M&M or whichever sub and that worries me. Is there any way I can know it? I may ask him to send first, in case it's needed :) So methods involving the recognition when the pen is in my hands are useful too. Thanks :)

2. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:36:50

<---- Ask the one who has many kt's. ;) Have him make a video showing the pen. The ac has art color and the supertip has it's name imprinted on it while m&m doesn't have any imprinting. If he can't do it then he should send first. Can I see a picture of the pen please?

3. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:45:05

Sure (sun)

Spoiler

4. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:52:20

It looks good so far. Have him do the video. So me can spin the barrel so you can see if it has any imprinting on it. Also ask him to take the caps off during the video. If he was smart enough to remove the back plug then it will be hard to tell. The back plug for an m&m is rounded all around while the back plug for a supertip is not. I'd like to see the video if possible too. ^_^

5. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 18:04:31

Firstly I'll ask him to do the video. In case he's too lazy to do it (don't forget he's Spanish), I'll ask him to send first. I'm the admin plus I have +30 feedback so he's sure I won't scam him. ^^ So okay, pics of backplug and video rotating the barrel and removing caps ;D

6. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 18:08:22

Don't ask him to show you the backplug. Then he might catch on. It is probably better for him to send first either way. Also, if it isn't a legit m&m, I have an m&m barrel I'm not using anymore if you need one. ^_^

7. DArKT
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 18:23:31

I remember that M&M's and AC's have different tons of white,you should try to distingue by this too

8. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 18:35:57

Another way to tell the difference between ac and m&m is if the body is glossy or not. For an m&m as soon as you take the ink off of it to reveal the white body the gloss isn't there while for an ac it is very glossy. That's why I said your picture looks good so far. ;)

9. mot
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 19:38:18

here i come to save the day :D the realy only way to see if it's a M&M or a AC(the old AC have no writting on the body) it's the front of the pens look at this :3 : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/miffybody.jpg/

10. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 19:50:04

Thanks a lot guys for the replies. He sent me a video and the backplug was rounded, the body is not glossy and front part looks like the ones in Mot's pictures, so I guess it's a legit M&M (apart from that, he's been a crappy spinner and never spun seriously so I get why he's selling it.) BUT there's something. The body is slightly cracked in the end, where the backplug is. Right now is safe because it's glued properly, and the crack is under the caps when the mod is complete, so not that much of a big deal. The question now is: Would I still be able to sell it at good price? Like body + caps + grips = ~35$, shipping may be included. What do you guys think? Is worth getting it? Thanks again ♥ PS: Here's a pic of the crack:

Spoiler

11. PenwisH
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 19:54:13

that is M&M body. seems legit

12. mot
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 20:04:08

with this crack, don't buy it for more than 30$ imo

13. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 20:18:11

It's not worth nearly that much. In great condition at most $25. I could make you a brand new one for around $22 (which includes shipping for me to get the parts). That means I could get you a brand new one for under $20. So if it is $35, stay far away.

14. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 20:58:02

VikroaL wrote: Thanks a lot guys for the replies. He sent me a video and the backplug was rounded, the body is not glossy and front part looks like the ones in Mot's pictures, so I guess it's a legit M&M (apart from that, he's been a crappy spinner and never spun seriously so I get why he's selling it.) BUT there's something. The body is slightly cracked in the end, where the backplug is. Right now is safe because it's glued properly, and the crack is under the caps when the mod is complete, so not that much of a big deal. The question now is: Would I still be able to sell it at good price? Like body + caps + grips = ~35$, shipping may be included. What do you guys think? Is worth getting it? Thanks again ♥ PS: Here's a pic of the crack:
    Spoilerhttp://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6875/vlcsnap2011101121h45m51.png
    Ah I was just about to take a picture when I saw mot's post ^^. Yeah if there's a crack you should buy it for less. $25 max in my opinion. If it's just an ordinary M&M KT you probably won't be able to sell it at full price unless someone is really desperate.

15. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 21:08:26

Yah. I MAY be wrong on this, but i think M&M body NOTICABLY tapers towards the tip while AC body does so less (if at all)

16. Raos
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 23:12:02

it looks legit. M7m body is a bit thinner then ac

17. VikroaL
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 00:57:23

Oh I see. The offer is 35$ including shipping so I see it's not worthy at all...I guess I could pressure to buy it for 27$ (20€) but still not worthy unless I find someone who really wants a M&M KT...and I think I don't want to take that risk by now. Thanks a lot everyone :) You were really helpful.

18. Colin
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 01:06:20

mot wrote: here i come to save the day :D the realy only way to see if it's a M&M or a AC(the old AC have no writting on the body) it's the front of the pens look at this :3 : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/miffybody.jpg/
    Dude the first one is a legit M&M body.. Look at how the Miffy head, totally legit.

19. Kari
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 01:53:19

VikroaL wrote: Oh I see. The offer is 35$ including shipping so I see it's not worthy at all...I guess I could pressure to buy it for 27$ (20€) but still not worthy unless I find someone who really wants a M&M KT...and I think I don't want to take that risk by now. Thanks a lot everyone :) You were really helpful.
    I was saying $25 max in great condition. And you still want to do that for $27? I'm willing to make you one shipping free just to get you to not make this trade. :O ~KTSpinner~

20. Raos
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 02:14:58

VikroaL wrote: Oh I see. The offer is 35$ including shipping so I see it's not worthy at all...I guess I could pressure to buy it for 27$ (20€) but still not worthy unless I find someone who really wants a M&M KT...and I think I don't want to take that risk by now. Thanks a lot everyone :) You were really helpful.
    I agree its also a rubbed body according to @L-in its worth less

21. Elune
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 05:04:17

Well off-topic but I also want to ask a question 'bout M&M How much does a rubbed M&M body cost (maximum) ? And who has it so I can buy it xD

22. Kari
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 06:33:29

Elune wrote: Well off-topic but I also want to ask a question 'bout M&M How much does a rubbed M&M body cost (maximum) ? And who has it so I can buy it xD
    I have one. I'm not sure how much they would cost though.