UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / UPSB Modding Tournament

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 22:10:02

This is a sign up thread for a UPSB Modding Tournament I'll be hosting. I've noticed recently modding has taken a hit due to the recent split in SOYP and Discussion threads and what not so I'm ultimately doing this to hopefully see some nice mods and promote some interest in modding. [B]Rules:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Any UPSB-based modders may participate. You must use UPSB as a main board. I consider having 100+ posts on the UPSB board adequate if you are based on another forum.[/COLOR] We do have a lot of very strong modders from other boards who come to post on UPSB but I would like this tournament to promote interest and be a good learning experience for mainly UPSB modders. [COLOR="red"]Any foreigner or UPSB member can also sign up as a judge[/COLOR]. I will be hand picking judges out of the applicants so if you are interested, please be sure to pm me your application which can be found below. Any judges who are picked must keep this a secret to avoid biased judging due to pressure from others. Any judge found guilty of knowingly revealing their judging status will be removed from the judging board. [COLOR="red"]There will be prizes[/COLOR]. The amount of prizes will depend on how many people sign up and actually participate. If you know you won’t be able to participate please don’t sign up for the sake of signing up… If you sign up but you do not submit, you will be black listed and unallowed to participate in any future competitions organized by me. There can be exceptions to this rule if you have a legitimate explanation though. Every round will have a theme and each round will consist of a 1 vs. 1 battle between two modders. The contestants of each battle will be determined randomly. At certain times it may be necessary to give someone a free win if there are not enough contestants to satisfy a certain amount of battles. This will be determined randomly. [SPOILER="Judging Application"][B]Simply answer the following questions to let me know a little about yourself. [COLOR="red"]Send this in a private message to me.[/COLOR][/B] How long have you been modding? Have you participated in any modding competitions as a judge or a contestant? If so, please list them and tell me how far you got in each of them. How committed are you to judging this competition? You need to understand that if judging results are not received on time you run the risk of being dropped from the judging panel. Please supply 1-3 sample photos of your best modding work. Anything else that makes you qualified for this role in the tournament: [/spoiler] If you are interested, simply post that you want to be admitted into the list. [COLOR="red"]Be sure that you will be able and willing to participate before you enter the competition. [/COLOR]Also, I will cancel the tournament if a very small number of people sign up. I don’t want to see just 3 people competing… This is meant to be a fun and inspiring competition so be sure to put out your best work when you are competing ^^. [COLOR="red"]Sign-ups thread will close on November 1st.[/COLOR] More information on the submission process and judging process and criteria will be released later. This is simply a thread meant to see how much interest there is in a competitive modding environment. List of participants: Syrti Saurkk Riley Fletch Mapjay Apho fr0z3nf1r3 GeeGeeGee Krispy Kreme

2. Apho
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 23:11:37

about how much time would we have each round to mod?

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 23:13:51

Every modder will be given about 2 weeks per round. It will be similar to the Pen Modding World Tournament in terms of time. The number of rounds will vary depending on how many people sign up. EDIT: I adjusted the rules. Since it is hard to tell if a person is based on a certain board especially if they are somewhat active on multiple forums, if you actively use multiple boards you will simply need 100+ posts on this board to participate.

4. Apho
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 23:22:23

lol whizz has 120 posts, we're all fucked.

5. hahakumquat
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 23:57:01

are there going to be themes?

6. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 23:58:43

hahakumquat wrote: are there going to be themes?
    Yes I think I said that in the first post. They will be announced at the start of each round.

7. hahakumquat
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 00:02:56

oh haaaah whoops missed that. i might do it. add me to the list edit: Ohoho. so far i am in first place

8. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 01:31:22

100+ post doesnt really work IMO.. because you have to consider the pics they post + the comments from the pics. based on those two factors, I can be active everywhere if I want to.. should just check in terms of activeness even outside SOYP. Frog~

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 04:00:42

Well I don't really care if they're active in Collaboration Videos or something like that. To me, if they're interested and they have a decent amount of posts they should be able to participate regardless of where the posts were made. I don't think it has to necessarily be constricted to modding only. And plus, if a foreign person posts mostly in the spinning area, are they really going to be interested in a modding competition? The only thing I would look down upon is if the majority of their posts are bumps or something. So yes there must be some checking done but for the most part anyone close to 100 legitimate posts will be let in.

10. mapjay
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 10:31:26

how much time will we get each round?

11. Eruption
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:21:40

@mapjay

Every modder will be given about 2 weeks per round. It will be similar to the Pen Modding World Tournament in terms of time. The number of rounds will vary depending on how many people sign up.

12. mapjay
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 13:21:24

@Eruption what if a participant needs materials and cant get them in time.i think 3 weeks would be btr as it takes abt 2 weeks to get materials.

13. Syrti
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 13:57:51

Ahahahaha 100+ ^^ Yeahu! Would love to participate, but if you don't want me it's ok Nacho ;) What about themes? Like in PMWT? Otherwise it could be hard to judge. edit:

Apho wrote: lol whizz has 120 posts, we're all fucked.
    Challenge accepted!

14. Flarion
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 14:05:33

Any idea on when this will start? @Nachoaddict

15. Taeko
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 14:07:38

pff, too bad rules =( I am waiting a world wide modding tournament since more of one year ... I am very sad =/

16. PREDATORNET
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 14:20:39

Ah crap, if Syrti's in, we're dead.

17. Syrti
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 14:45:06

Still want a PMWT to kick @Taeko- 's ass!

18. Saurkk
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 17:42:24

Want to be in, I'm really sure, if you want pics of my mods, there is no problem. I hope this tournament will be good.

19. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 23:00:01

and now you have someone like Syrti joining (which im pretty sure UPSB isnt his main board, just active in). Frog~

20. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 00:23:00

Syrti;141800]Ahahahaha 100+ ^^ Yeahu! Would love to participate, but if you don't want me it's ok Nacho ;) What about themes? Like in PMWT? Otherwise it could be hard to judge. edit: Challenge accepted! http://www.brigade2010.de/images/smiles/popsmilies_muscle.gif[/QUOTE] Yes there will be themes for each round. [QUOTE=Flarion;141802]Any idea on when this will start? @Nachoaddict[/QUOTE] It will start shortly after the deadline for the sign ups. [QUOTE=mapjay;141787]what if a participant needs materials and cant get them in time.i think 3 weeks would be btr as it takes abt 2 weeks to get materials.[/QUOTE] Well it will depend. I'm hoping that 2 weeks will be enough. But if there is a considerable amount of people complaining about the time limit I will change it. [QUOTE=FrogPrinceXD wrote: and now you have someone like Syrti joining (which im pretty sure UPSB isnt his main board, just active in). Frog~
    The thing is I think it's healthy in the competition for UPSB modders to get a taste of what it's like to go up against people like Syrti. It's true UPSB is not his main board but I think he has been contributing enough to SOYP for a while that he deserves to participate if he wants to. Also, the point of the tournament isn't to restrict the participation to UPSB only. UPSB has actually lost a few very good modders (TEK, Guitrum, iMatt, Kam) or at least it seems so since they never post in the pen mods area anymore. So I think when a modder of any level goes up against someone who has a strong presence, it makes them strive for much more than they usually do since they are expecting a lot of competition. In other words it pushes them to the limits of their current abilities and that's what I want this competition to do especially for UPSB modders. Even if a modder loses, it's the experience of competitive modding and seeing what other contestants bring to the table that is the true goal of this tournament. The only thing I'm afraid of is if all the contestants are foreigners. I really don't want the fact that good foreign modders are joining scare off UPSB modders who are just starting or even if they have decent-good skills. Yes you will be criticized however I'm trying to make sure that the judging system doesn't just put down modders but rather it inspires them to do more with modding. Remember that modders of ALL levels are welcome. I may in fact split the tournament up into various brackets in order to assort modders by modding level if either I or other people feel the need.

21. Raos
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 00:38:13

Ill join if someone gives funds me supplies for each round :trollface:

22. Riley
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 01:01:22

I guess I'll try. /in

23. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 01:59:32

So thats what you meant by obtaining good learning experience ;) It just that I thought you want a UPSB modding tourney for UPSB-ers only (as so it seems in the rules) Frog~

Nachoaddict wrote: The thing is I think it's healthy in the competition for UPSB modders to get a taste of what it's like to go up against people like Syrti. It's true UPSB is not his main board but I think he has been contributing enough to SOYP for a while that he deserves to participate if he wants to. Also, the point of the tournament isn't to restrict the participation to UPSB only. UPSB has actually lost a few very good modders (TEK, Guitrum, iMatt, Kam) or at least it seems so since they never post in the pen mods area anymore. So I think when a modder of any level goes up against someone who has a strong presence, it makes them strive for much more than they usually do since they are expecting a lot of competition. In other words it pushes them to the limits of their current abilities and that's what I want this competition to do especially for UPSB modders. Even if a modder loses, it's the experience of competitive modding and seeing what other contestants bring to the table that is the true goal of this tournament. The only thing I'm afraid of is if all the contestants are foreigners. I really don't want the fact that good foreign modders are joining scare off UPSB modders who are just starting or even if they have decent-good skills. Yes you will be criticized however I'm trying to make sure that the judging system doesn't just put down modders but rather it inspires them to do more with modding. Remember that modders of ALL levels are welcome. I may in fact split the tournament up into various brackets in order to assort modders by modding level if either I or other people feel the need.

24. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 02:03:58

Yeah that's what I wanted at first haha. I just changed my mind and decided to let other people come in as long as they decently contributed to the community.

25. iColor
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 02:10:24

Why not organize another PMWT? Though, pretty hard to manage. I think it's still possible to do another one.

26. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 02:26:51

Don't think UPSB is really up to current modding standards.. if so, why would a UPSB-er organize a tourney that his main board have no chance of winning? :P Frog~

iColor wrote: Why not organize another PMWT? Though, pretty hard to manage. I think it's still possible to do another one.

27. iColor
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 02:28:47

Okay, I was only saying that because he changed his mind and it seems a lot of foreign modders are quite interested in PMWT.

28. Fletch
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 02:30:55

dont think I have enough posts but can I join - this is the only PS website I know about if that was the point of the post count requirement.

29. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 02:33:50

If you use UPSB as your main forum then the post count does not matter for you ^_^ @iColor The thing is I think I can manage this kind of tournament. I'm expecting it to be small and easy to organize. But at the moment I've got school things and I don't know if I'll be able to make the effort and take the time to organize a large scale project like PMWT.

30. mapjay
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 03:01:10

/in but i really hope u will have a time limit extension cos SG doesnt really have much:/

31. Fletch
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 23:15:23

@ nachoaddict OK thanks, let me know when you think the competition will start! as sean connery once said "And the game is afoot"

32. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Oct 12 2011 22:54:09

2 more ppl and we're actually good to go lol!! One for the 8th member, for 3 rounds 1v1 One for taking my place. Lol ----- @Nachoaddict was too bored in class thought up some of the possible "themes": - Limited Parts/Funds - Limited Colored/Multi Colored - "Outside-the-box" Frog~

33. fr0z3nf1r3
    Date: Thu, Oct 13 2011 11:28:47

Can I join? I do read the boards but dont post because most of what I want to say have already been said. But if u don't want it's ok, I'm newbie

34. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Oct 13 2011 14:36:35

Yes as long as you are willing to participate I can add you to the list.

35. Apho
    Date: Thu, Oct 13 2011 21:35:50

.../in? I probably have enough time.

36. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Oct 13 2011 23:42:07

good job people, now who wants to take my spot? ;) Frog~

37. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Oct 13 2011 23:47:30

FrogPrinceXD wrote: good job people, now who wants to take my spot? ;) Frog~
    You don't want in? :<

38. Apho
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 00:05:44

about how many rounds are there going to be? by the looks of how many people

39. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 00:11:36

@Apho what I was hoping for was 12-16 people. I want an even number or else we'll have to give "byes" to people for each round and I don't want people to advance in the later rounds with out doing anything >< So that's somewhere from 3 to 4. If we have more, we can possibly try 1 vs 1 vs 1 with one winner per 3 person backet rather than just 1 vs 1 because I know modders have to worry about finances when there are too many rounds.

40. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 00:56:04

i want to participate too!!! so i have to make new mod every round? can i recreate the mod i made before? it has to be new mod everytime?

41. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 03:33:30

Awww <3. The more I think about it, the more I feel like I will be spending a lot of $$$.. >_<.. That's why xD Frog~

Nachoaddict wrote: @Apho what I was hoping for was 12-16 people. I want an even number or else we'll have to give "byes" to people for each round and I don't want people to advance in the later rounds with out doing anything >< So that's somewhere from 3 to 4. If we have more, we can possibly try 1 vs 1 vs 1 with one winner per 3 person backet rather than just 1 vs 1 because I know [B]modders have to worry about finances[/B] when there are too many rounds.

42. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 03:45:56

@GeeGeeGee it depends on the theme. You will be awarded points for originality but there is an exception if for example the theme is "famous mods". Then you can recreate another mod instead of making a new one and originality will be awarded based on how you make that famous mod personalized or how you add your own artistic twist to it.

43. hahakumquat
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 03:56:27

yeah jk i lied, i dont have any more parts. pawoefijaf take me outt

44. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 03:58:29

Count me in. @Nachoaddict currently how many people signed up?just curious.

45. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 03:59:34

GeeGeeGee;142681]Count me in. @Nachoaddict currently how many people signed up?just curious.[/QUOTE] There is a list of participants on the first post. [QUOTE=hahakumquat wrote: yeah jk i lied, i dont have any more parts. pawoefijaf take me outt
    Yeah that's why I said specifically not to sign up if you aren't willing to participate. But I guess it's better than backing out when the tourney has already started.

46. Apho
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 04:47:56

3 to 4 should be good for most of us... well for the people that make it past the first rounds

47. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 05:01:33

9 people right now, meaning i could actually back out :P to make it 8, which means 3 rounds 1v1 xD Frog~

48. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 05:15:56

Yeah. I think we can handle more people. We'll just make each 1 vs 1 into a free for all between 3 people at least for the first round.

49. fr0z3nf1r3
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 05:47:54

Is this competition based purely on looks? Or spinability counts?

50. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Oct 14 2011 06:46:53

How are judges going to test the "spinnability" of your mod ._. You'd have to ship it everywhere just to get results for one round. Points will be given for a variety of categoreis such as aesthetics, innovation, originality, etc.

51. fr0z3nf1r3
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 03:08:46

Ok I see lol

52. yoppi000
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 03:15:05

i rely want to no how the hell r we gunna get all the parts to make a mod each time?? we r not all filthy rich yha no!!! but i might be in if u could fix that problem :P

53. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 03:22:35

yoppi000 wrote: i rely want to no how the hell r we gunna get all the parts to make a mod each time?? we r not all filthy rich yha no!!! but i might be in if u could fix that problem :P
    Well it's a requirement if you're interested in competitive modding. You'll be spending quite a bit of $$ if you advance multiple rounds. That's why I'll try to keep the round count to a minimum 3 or 4 lol. But besides that I can't help you much ><

54. Apho
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 03:33:53

well if its tournament style, the best modders will make it far and have to mod the most. The ones that are left behind will mod once or twice, right? Plus the best modders are usually prepared with a lot of stock pens

55. Sky-Hi
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 14:52:36

Hey , im from malaysia and i wanna ask do u really have to be involved in 100+ posts to be eligible to enter ? i mean i have been involved with 100+ posts in a ps community but thats in FB and does that count ? Btw i dont get the 'round' thing ? we need at least how many mods to submit . can at least have more details about themes , how its gonna happen or anything ? THX

56. Sky-Hi
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 14:57:55

totally agree , cant we change the rule and have different categories like : mods for big hands , easy to keep mods , multi purpose mods , best grip cutting mods , best capped mods ? and each ppl can submit up to 2 mods max for every category and only can enter for 3 categories ? i mean we are not that rich , majority of us are still students ya know XD ?

57. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 18:30:16

Sky-Hi;143000]Hey , im from malaysia and i wanna ask do u really have to be involved in 100+ posts to be eligible to enter ? i mean i have been involved with 100+ posts in a ps community but thats in FB and does that count ? Btw i dont get the 'round' thing ? we need at least how many mods to submit . can at least have more details about themes , how its gonna happen or anything ? THX[/QUOTE] It must be on this forum on UPSB. Facebook and any other boards that you have high post counts do not count. There are multiple "rounds". Basically every round each participant will be competing against only one other person. However there will be multiple 1 vs. 1 battles. The winner of each battle will advance to the next "round" and compete in another 1 vs. 1 battle. This will keep going on until only one person remains, thus the "rounds" system. I don't know how many mods you will need to submit. But note that if you advance more often you will need more supplies whereas if you lose in the first round you're out for good. Themes have not been decided yet. And they will each be announced at the start of their respective rounds to give every participant an equal amount of time to plan and create the mod. They will not be released ahead of time. [QUOTE=Sky-Hi wrote: totally agree , cant we change the rule and have different categories like : mods for big hands , easy to keep mods , multi purpose mods , best grip cutting mods , best capped mods ? and each ppl can submit up to 2 mods max for every category and only can enter for 3 categories ? i mean we are not that rich , majority of us are still students ya know XD ?
    First off what you're proposing is that each modder submits 2 mods for the tournament. That isn't that far off from what I was aiming at which was 3 or 4. You only have to submit 1 mod per round and I mean it's only 3 or 4 granted you get that far in the tournament. Also it's much harder to evaluate the winner of a tournament when you are comparing everyone to each other. Whereas in a 1 vs 1 battle it's much easier to look between 2 mods and decide which one is better. It's a bigger hassle for judges and I don't want there to be some problem in judging for this reason. I most likely will not be changing that system. If you're concerned about finances, competitive modding might not be for you but even so, you have to consider that the people making 3 or 4 mods will be the best modders out of the group. You should look at the work of the other participants and gauge whether you think you can make it that far in the tournament before talking about money issues in my opinion. Seasoned modders are kind of expected to be ready to spend time and money for a tournament.

58. Syrti
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 18:54:59

Sky-Hi wrote: different categories like : best grip cutting mods
    Vote for this! Hehe <3 Just kidding. I think everyone who worries about money-issues shouldn't think of participating. In a tournament you will do your very best and that means that you may buy a new Signo Broad to get white stripes out of it, because you are not satisfied with the ones you cut with an old broad-grip. In short: Screwed things will be replaced. -> the worse you work, the more you will have to spend. Think of that.

59. Apho
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 18:58:39

it might be more the effort of trading for each of those materials, takes too long to trade for parts sometimes and you might miss deadline

60. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 19:01:35

Apho wrote: it might be more the effort of trading for each of those materials, takes too long to trade for parts sometimes and you might miss deadline
    Well the reason I made the deadline November 1st was to hope people would be able to prepare. Yeah you won't know exactly what you want to do with the mod until you know the theme but still, three weeks is usually sufficient to get trades for stock pens, etc.

61. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 19:31:58

wait i have to ship the mod around to test spinibility? i don't trade a lot so pens are my problem right now. i'll put whatever mod i have even though it doesn't follow the theme. just saying

62. Apho
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 19:33:33

no.. pretty sure you can judge that from stats? also, how likely are the mods going to have to be original?

63. yoppi000
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 01:37:33

there are small prizes for winning like the first 2 rounds right ??

64. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 02:20:23

yoppi000;143124]there are small prizes for winning like the first 2 rounds right ??[/QUOTE] Depending on the number of people I will give out a different amount of prizes. [QUOTE=GeeGeeGee;143075]wait i have to ship the mod around to test spinibility? i don't trade a lot so pens are my problem right now. i'll put whatever mod i have even though it doesn't follow the theme. just saying[/QUOTE] No...I was just kidding. The point I was trying to make was you will not be graded on spinnability. Stat's will be taken into consideration but will not be explicitly scored. And you can be stubborn and not stick to the theme. You'll just lose points for it. There's a reason we have themes in place. So that there is at least some slight relation between the mods to make it easier to judge them against each other. However the themes aren't meant to be very restraining in terms of innovation. You can still be very creative within the subset of the theme. It's not like we're going to tell you to use a certain part that you might not be able to get. They are much much broader than that. [QUOTE=Apho wrote: no.. pretty sure you can judge that from stats? also, how likely are the mods going to have to be original?
    Again it depends on the theme. I'm thinking about a theme where you recreate a famous mod but put your own artistic spin on it so that's an example where you won't need to make an original mod. But most likely the other themes will involve originality.

65. yoppi000
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 02:42:02

i meant r there prizes for the first round or like second round??? :D

66. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 02:50:36

yoppi000 wrote: i meant r there prizes for the first round or like second round??? :D
    Probably not. I'm thinking about giving out "Signatures" like the ones for Kammy's to participants of the tournament and the winners of the tournament but you probably won't receive anything tangible for winning the first couple of rounds.

67. yoppi000
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 02:56:07

o lol no thx xD

68. Sky-Hi
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 03:41:00

lol im not a big modder so i wont stock up until i think of a mod , i now got 2 mod ideas but im facing my exam and i can use my pc often . Nvm , i guess ill join for the nex time . cant wait to see what mods will u guys come out with ? Goodluck !

69. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 07:38:20

Lolz so you mod a BICtory and expect a prize for that? The experience you obtain from the competition alone is priceless already, but I guess not everyone thinks it that way... Frog~

yoppi000 wrote: i meant r there prizes for the first round or like second round??? :D

70. iMatt
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:29:13

@Nachoaddict If you need a judge I can chime in I suppose. I'm too poor to compete lol

71. Soren
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 17:32:55

this will be interesting =]

72. miyat
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 19:19:20

The participants will be spending a fair amount of money to make the mods, but after a round they can just sell it and get back some of the money spent. Good luck with the tourne Nacho, and make Canada proud Apho xD.

73. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Oct 22 2011 16:39:25

You have a little over a week left to sign up. We only have 8 participants. I think we'll need a couple more to get this going.

74. darkrose
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 04:15:57

hmm.........

75. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 04:21:52

Nachoaddict wrote: You have a little over a week left to sign up. We only have 8 participants. I think we'll need a couple more to get this going.
    hmm i'm interested. /in ? .__. too lazy to read the previous posts haha

76. darkrose
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 04:26:04

/in although i have very few stock pens now ><" i ll try to participate as best i can but university is so busy =/

77. vento
    Date: Mon, Oct 24 2011 00:33:07

Though I only have 50 posts, I´d like to participate. But I know that this might not be possible for me, so I also write you a PM with my judging application. Thx

78. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Oct 24 2011 00:49:24

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're using GPC as your main board so participation won't be possible. I received your pm and I'll be choosing the judges soon.

79. ItsNick
    Date: Mon, Oct 24 2011 07:46:36

can participate now???if can.... in Nick2811 Malaysia,Selangor

80. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 01:08:36

Btw nacho just curious about something.. Is there battle for 3rd place?? :P and extra bump I guess Frog~

81. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 04:08:14

FrogPrinceXD wrote: Btw nacho just curious about something.. Is there battle for 3rd place?? :P and extra bump I guess Frog~
    What do you mean by that? You mean like will there be a prize for 3rd?

82. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 04:24:31

@Nachoaddict Well will there be a prize for 3rd will be up to you. its more like for the title/rank. Obviously according to standard 1v1 chart, there will be 1st and 2nd. I'm just asking if the losers of semi-finals will battle out for 3rd place. Frog~

Nachoaddict wrote: What do you mean by that? You mean like will there be a prize for 3rd?

83. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 04:35:54

Ah I see if there's a tie or something. It will depend on how I set up the rounds and brackets so I'm not sure yet.

84. Syrti
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 13:24:39

@Nachoaddict: I don't think he means something like a tie. After semi-finals you will have a final battle to find the best modder. But actually the two guys who lost the semi-finals still don't know, who of them is better, so they want a small final as well. That'd be the battle for 3rd place.

85. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 23:03:14

Yeah yeah that's what I meant by a tie. Like not a point wise tie but I meant that 3rd place isn't determined until those two people battle unless you want to base it off of the previous scores. Again it will depend on the amount of people. So yeah ^_^

86. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Oct 30 2011 20:46:02

D= last day to enter guys (its 7:45am 31/10/11 here) have fun and good luck xD Frog~ edit: @Nachoaddict so excited xD when will it begin xD

87. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 01:44:24

Okay guys let's get this started. First thing is first. I need everyone who signed up to reply back to the thread to make sure they're still interested since it's been quite a bit since I made this thread. Just say something like "I'm still interested". @Krispy Kreme As long as at least 8 people reply back it will be okay. However if less than 8 people reply I think there might have to be a substitute or cancellation of the tourney :/ I don't want the tournament to be too small even thought a super large tournament is kind of hard to manage as well. Rules and etc. will be posted in the next few days so make sure to look out for that. I hope you're all prepared ^_^ Everyone needs to reply by November 4th 11:59 P.M. to still be eligible.

88. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 01:59:40

/Still interested (sun)

89. LNT_Phat
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 02:16:35

Good luck :D

90. mapjay
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 03:38:27

/still interested

91. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 04:53:15

I'm still interested.

92. Syrti
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 08:17:02

/still interested. Gogogo for gripcutting-theme! *.*

93. Saurkk
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 18:03:38

Okay, okay, still interested, good luck to everyone and thanks Nacho ;)

94. Fletch
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 21:22:27

interested still.

95. Riley
    Date: Fri, Nov 4 2011 03:46:52

Still interested.

96. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Nov 4 2011 22:48:06

Well we've got 7 people on board. I need one of you two to join... And no I don't want to give someone a free win in the first round. If the tournament was larger I wouldn't care. But it's only 8 people in the first round so I want everyone to compete. @fr0z3nf1r3 If you're not going to participate please post anyways and let me know so I can at least start to try to find someone to join as a replacement.

97. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 19:38:01

So these two didn't even bother to reply. I need a subsitute modder who is interested in the tourney so if anyone has any suggestions or wants to participate who is not on the list already, feel free to post ^^

98. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 20:21:12

dat J74Q holiboy Vaan MrCraziBaby nature <=== mention them maybe some will participate?

99. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 22:16:53

dat @nature <=== mention them maybe some will participate?[/QUOTE]

100. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 22:39:07

@dat has some awesome modding skill, he should join. I just go over the members on SOYP. :)

101. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 22:46:00

FrogPrinceXD wrote: dat @nature <=== mention them maybe some will participate? Frog~
    nope

102. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Nov 5 2011 22:50:49

dude edit the quote you are replying to everyone on the list.

103. Vaan
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 01:13:56

i really want to join but i don't have much items here. :'(

104. MrCraziBaby
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 02:20:32

I've some important stuff on the 14th, will have to spend time preparing till then :/ so I guess not :/ and idk no grip cuts! D:

105. Apho
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 16:35:51

I don't have that many stock pens or modding stuff right now but... sure? I'll only last a round or something lol edit: yeah I'm still up for it

106. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 19:19:09

@MrCraziBaby I dont think theres a grip cut round... at least there shouldnt be one (IMO that is...) Frog~

MrCraziBaby wrote: I've some important stuff on the 14th, will have to spend time preparing till then :/ so I guess not :/ and idk no grip cuts! D:

107. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 00:29:05

All right Apho you're in then. So that makes 8. Keep checking the thread. I'll post the theme and get the judges ready and all the rules shortly.

108. J74Q
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 02:36:01

nah... my modding is not clean :( just a wannabe :( Frog shud join :)

109. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:50:59

Already explained my situation to nacho. Frog~

J74Q wrote: nah... my modding is not clean :( just a wannabe :( Frog shud join :)

110. fr0z3nf1r3
    Date: Fri, Nov 11 2011 02:30:49

ARGH... Im sorry, juz finished exams so were kinda busy... But im still on if you are ok with it? @Nachoaddict

111. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Nov 11 2011 02:48:33

fr0z3nf1r3 wrote: ARGH... Im sorry, juz finished exams so were kinda busy... But im still on if you are ok with it? @Nachoaddict
    http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=8334