UPSB v4

Off-topic / mp4filelibu.dll missing

1. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 15:18:02

Hey guys, I have a problem here..when i try to open a .mp4 file with windows live movie maker, it says that mp4filelibu.dll is missing or something like that. I can play mp4 files with WMP no problem though. I have used my google-fu to find the solution but meh, no luck. Help please?

2. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 15:37:36

*coughgooglecough* http://www.dlltips.com/?p=57 "How to fix missing mp4filelibu.dll error with ease? If you have to fix missing mp4filelibu.dll error instantly, you can follow the steps to make a free scan for your computer: Free download the missing mp4filelibu.dll error fixer. Click “Save File” and follow the simple installation instructions. Scan your computer with the missing mp4filelibu.dll error fixer. Click the “Repair” button to permanently fix missing mp4filelibu.dll error and its related errors." or re-install movie maker should do it

3. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 16:12:58

Tried that already before asking.. sarcasm isn't always the way bro Those kinda things(i've dled a few in the past and one or two recently)..there's god knows how many of them out there. All they do is just scan, and requires me to pay to repair it which I don't know if it even works or not due to the number of these kinda stuff on the internet. Try googling it and you'll see for yourself how many of them are there. I don't think i wanna reinstall it cause i had a rough time making my WLM2009(i dont wanna update it, new version sucks) work again while installing WLMM and not making it update the WLM to the latest version.

4. Timbo
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 16:41:59

Sites that offer to fix that sort of thing are really really suspect (unless you know for sure that the site is legit). Even installing the DLL from a website is super not-encouraged (plus its illegal unless it is Microsoft approved) because DLLs are executed and it really can be doing anything (i.e it could be malicious software). From the looks of it that site offers executable files that 'fix' the problem for you, this is even more likely to be malicious software. If you have run the executable and you don't know if that site is legit then you're probably part of a botnet. If you are really against just re-installing it (the recommended and safest way to fix the problem) then getting the DLL file from a friend's computer and placing it in the same place you found it [B]could[/B] work. Pretty sure that this is illegal but what isn't.

5. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 17:09:50

Thing is, I don't even know where the file originally was =/ I tried looking up the dll in some dll websites which I downloaded from before but no luck. I think I got this problem when i inserted my friend's HD to transfer some stuffs when my antivirus detected something which caused it. I've run through a full PC scan with the Microsoft Security Essentials and found no viruses, altho I suspect that my comp is infected still.. I suspect that mp4filelibu.dll error thing is a virus though.

6. rrrmmm
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 14:39:56

First you should download pc health advisor repair tool then Click the Repair All Button and your done.. It is very easy to repair your dll missing error.

7. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 20:42:26

just use VLC Player

8. webspider
    Date: Fri, Dec 2 2011 09:35:25

Zombo wrote: just use Media Player Classic/MPlayer
    fixed.

9. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Dec 2 2011 18:12:46

webspider wrote: fixed.
    MPC doesnt automatically download codecs I think, so its not as noob friendly as VLC I use CCCP + CoreAVC

10. webspider
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 21:11:43

On Windows I used the K Lite Mega Codec Pack (which installed MPC), now I use MPlayer.app. And VLC for files that are not downloaded completely yet or otherwise broken. Seriously, the blocky look videos get when being watched in that program turns me off if I try to use it for more than that purpose.

11. sangara
    Date: Mon, Dec 5 2011 00:48:17

He's trying to edit it not view it.