UPSB v4

General Discussion / Pen Spinning News Site?

1. iColor
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 22:59:32

Here is the article I wrote on my blog: http://blog.ps-connect.com/?p=52 Now, I'm not specifically discrediting the pen spinning blogs, news shows are anything of that nature. I think they're great and still creative! Now, the problem that I see with that type of sharing is that it's not very engaging and it's actually quite hard for one person (Or a group of people) to cover the little bits of news around the whole world of pen spinning. I was thinking of creating a site similar to Reddit or Digg, where the community is based around all users sharing stories/news. The cool thing is that it's user filtered and user-submitted. The content on the frontpage should be filtered and therefore interesting. This allows for a good exchange of ideas, allowing people to comment, like, and give their opinion on the submitted content. I created a test site over at: http://news.ps-connect.com/ It's only a test, but I may work on it if there's any interest. The problem: There really isn't enough news going around for a community to thrive on or publish about. I think we can use that to 'make' or, in a better term, 'implore' users to generate new and creative content and share it with the world. EDIT: I think most people would be against this idea. People seem to not want to fragment their boards.

2. DArKT
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 00:16:09

Well,i think as a great ideia.people could be more informed about Ps this way... as for this days,it could cover some things about WC

3. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 01:24:16

there isn't much news about penspinning

4. King
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 03:59:55

Well. If "good" Collabs and solos are news then yes it would be good. /IF/ it was international.

5. Soren
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 16:46:32

only provides link to the social ps connect site?

6. iColor
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 18:12:35

I removed it due to lack of news/interest.

7. Soren
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 18:18:08

iColor wrote: I removed it due to lack of news/interest.
    aww, i was looking forward to the news ;(