UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / S777 FL TA 1.5 cont. with SLOWMO

1. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 00:00:08

[video=youtube;98_Q_6B_isw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_Q_6B_isw[/video] So I started learning this trick in March, and it took me approx. 2 months to get 3-4x. To me, this trick is hard. It took me 1.5 month to just get 1x. I just want to show you guys how this would look in slow motion and if possible you can suggest me some tips so I can correct my mistake. I know it doesn't look like s777 at all but Im trying my best. The mod I used in this video is my Awesome Bic mod which posted in SOYP several days before this. I hope this helps you even just a little bit. Enjoy! [B]NOT[/B] a tutorial. Another s777 vid coming up with slowmo. and Supergirl, I won't forget the mx vid. I'll make it.

2. gyrobius
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 00:38:11

Good job.

3. Dris
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 00:59:53

Thought the slowmo was helpful. I can only get one. ;(

4. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 01:20:52

Dris wrote: Thought the slowmo was helpful. I can only get one. ;(
    i didn't get 1x until 1 month of learning it. i quit palm spin to FL TA to learn this... lol just practice it will come ...

5. Dris
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 01:24:40

Haha, well I did have a slowmo to look to. I can't seem to connect one into two. ;(

6. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:02:03

Dris wrote: Haha, well I did have a slowmo to look to. I can't seem to connect one into two. ;(
    Uhm i think when you "swing" ur thumb around, you come back to the original position and try to hide it so when the mod spin it doesn't get stuck by the thumb. I mean like fold ur thumb so that it touches ur ring finger when the pen comes around. This requires timing and how "good" you are. You have to correct the mod if it's a little out of place if you know what I mean. In the vid, you can see I kinda lost the momentum and I brought it back into the original position. If you master the trick you will know what I mean by correcting. Sorry if this is confusing.

7. RicLu98
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:10:02

thats so hard

8. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:22:24

haHa I almost gave up because I didn't get anyy improvement at first but s777 inspired me to learn this. He deserved to be #1.

9. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:28:05

GeeGeeGee wrote: [video=youtube;98_Q_6B_isw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_Q_6B_isw[/video]
    Damn, that's sexy. O_o

10. Vaan
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:39:05

all i can do is 1x T_T

11. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:49:02

hat looks correct

12. browndog12
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 03:07:20

i cant do that with a fucking buster

13. Advecticity
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 03:50:39

What's the difference with Palmspin -> Fl Ta? The place were it spins on your hand?

14. wotu1
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 04:33:07

Oh dang those were niceeeee My record for them is 6, but i can do like only 2 consistently lol

15. Mufoofee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 04:39:25

:blink: Good job bro.

16. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 05:25:07

very nice video xD i can do quite a few of these, but not with fingers always extended =__=" hmmm.... but i think [palmspin ~ fl ta] is quite a lot harder, because: fl ta 1.5 only requires movement of thumb and a bit of movement of hand, whereas palmspins require more turning of hand (harder to perfect and keep the pace going) also, the pen's rotation can slow heaps but you can still do another fl ta 1.5 after that; but for palmspins, it's a lot harder to recover if the pen loses momentum

17. Eruption
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 05:27:08

whoa nice Geegeegee :D

18. Soren
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 17:41:47

the slow mo really helped me, been practising for the last few days thanks and i'll be expecting the mx video =]

19. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 19:14:45

@i.suk i can't arugue if palmspin is harder. It's depends on what ur talking about. This trick can be done easily with waterfall or maybe buster. But if you're talking about rushon and dc comssa then it's way harder than you think it is. And put them in a combo is a WHOLE different story. For me, this trick is hard because you have to balance the mod on the side of ur palm which is like 3m wide or less. If it's get just 1.5cm-2cm off, the pen will fall off. [B]Fact[/B]: even s777 messed up in "Craziest Rushon Combo" when he did this trick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKYPOLIDcQc If you look carefully at[B] 0:18-0:20[/B] You'll see he has to move his hand further so that the mod could go back into it's original positi on. I called it correcting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYYLQfIM-9s at 0:14 I messed up and i corrected it. Basically, the mod got off balance and i corrected it. The only thing to tell if this trick is harder is the psers. How many people can do this and did they do it correctly. ;) If you think you can do it, then post it here. I can only do 3x palmspin. :( I don't learn it anymore because it doesn't fit my style. So i create FL TA 1.5 cont. with palm up. It has the palmspin motion and s777 style :D

20. LongCK
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 19:46:23

So nice, :X, i can do only 4 or 5 T_T

21. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 19:55:48

LongCK wrote: So nice, :X, i can do only 4 or 5 T_T
    Vid :) the only way to know if you've done it correctly.

22. LongCK
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 19:58:25

GeeGeeGee wrote: Vid :) the only way to know if you've done it correctly.
    i will record it later. i am lazy now =))

23. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 23:14:36

Advecticity;140448]What's the difference with Palmspin -> Fl Ta? The place were it spins on your hand?[/QUOTE] PALMSPIN: spin on ur palm, use thumb to "hit" the mod THiS: spin on the side of index or palm. please restate the question. i don't understand what ur asking. [QUOTE=wotu1 wrote: Oh dang those were niceeeee My record for them is 6, but i can do like only 2 consistently lol
    video? my record is 7. for some reason i never get to 8. i got 7 occasionally but when i try to spin another 1.5 rotation. the mod just fall off. btw i think i did it diferently from s777. my hand moves a little bit. s777's hand stays still. ONly his thumb is moving.

24. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 06:59:15

GeeGeeGee wrote: @i.suk i can't arugue if palmspin is harder. It's depends on what ur talking about. This trick can be done easily with waterfall or maybe buster. But if you're talking about rushon and dc comssa then it's way harder than you think it is. And put them in a combo is a WHOLE different story. For me, this trick is hard because you have to balance the mod on the side of ur palm which is like 3m wide or less. If it's get just 1.5cm-2cm off, the pen will fall off. [B]Fact[/B]: even s777 messed up in "Craziest Rushon Combo" when he did this trick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKYPOLIDcQc If you look carefully at[B] 0:18-0:20[/B] You'll see he has to move his hand further so that the mod could go back into it's original positi on. I called it correcting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYYLQfIM-9s at 0:14 I messed up and i corrected it. Basically, the mod got off balance and i corrected it. The only thing to tell if this trick is harder is the psers. How many people can do this and did they do it correctly. ;) If you think you can do it, then post it here. I can only do 3x palmspin. :( I don't learn it anymore because it doesn't fit my style. So i create FL TA 1.5 cont. with palm up. It has the palmspin motion and s777 style :D
    [palmspin ~ fl ta] cont with rushon or DC comssa is also a lot harder than with heavier mods x) my previous points still stand regardless of what mod is used, it's just that due to peem's influence, heaps of people started learning fl ta ~ palmspins in 2009-ish, but s777's fl ta 1.5 thing is relatively recent and less people use it (making it seem harder coz it seems less people can do it, but there is a difference between how many people can do something and how much raw training is required to be able to do it) ^^ hmm, doing x7 or x8 [fl ta ~ palmspin] with a DC bic is essentially impossible, the only comparable thing i've seen is tose's cont palmspin x5 with a DC comssa (not sure if it has ink or not), and doing x7 or 8 with an even lighter mod...i guess peem could, if he wanted; but no one else has shown any skill approaching this the 'hard' thing about fl ta 1.5 is keeping my other fingers extended, the basic motion is somewhat like fl ta cont (which i learnt ages ago), but learning [fl ta ~ palmspin] cont involved an entirely new motion for me (back in late 2009-ish) btw, good job on your personal record for this, i can't do them anywhere near as nicely as you :D