UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Beginner's guide to Pen Spinning

1. speedybugger1
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 00:15:12

Just joined UPSB due to a recent interest in pen spinning. I know a few basic tricks (ie. Sonic, TA, TA Reverse, Charge), any suggestions on where I should go from here?

2. Quake
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 00:41:51

:welcome:

3. funnky
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 01:24:17

learn more tricks

4. Bleevlee
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 01:25:57

Learn only the fundamentals and their reverses first, especially charge reverse. Really good for you.

5. gyrobius
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 02:11:05

Try to use light mods more often.

6. Krypton
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 02:31:39

:welcome: All fundamentals and reverses, Twisted Sonic/Warped Sonic and variations, Arounds, Baks, Wipers...

7. SeanAdamleniSpinner
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 04:04:06

Guys!..CIAO! :D ...I just have joined UPSB yesterday...I know alot of moves and I can do them...BUT...I don't have any combo...What do you guys recommend?

8. speedybugger1
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 04:33:52

Cheers guys. Another question: how long does it take, on average, to get to a level where you can successfully execute combos and even try and create your own tricks? And what are some good first combos to be learning?

9. funnky
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 04:38:28

SeanAdamleniSpinner wrote: Guys!..CIAO! :D ...I just have joined UPSB yesterday...I know alot of moves and I can do them...BUT...I don't have any combo...What do you guys recommend?
    put the trick you know togather and do em all at once.......derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. funnky
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 04:39:11

speedybugger1 wrote: Cheers guys. Another question: how long does it take, on average, to get to a level where you can successfully execute combos and even try and create your own tricks? And what are some good first combos to be learning?
    id say around 2-3 months u should bust out some decent combos and making your own tricks that just when ever idk

11. Kari
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 06:42:50

funnky wrote: put the trick you know togather and do em all at once.......derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    You know... You're a dick sometimes but I love you. ^_^

12. gyrobius
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 07:00:11

Also, have more sex with animals.

13. SeanAdamleniSpinner
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 07:37:39

Yea..I.K.R.... but I think the problem to is my hand..?..haha XD... My problem is i can't bend down my ring finger without bending down my middle finger (viceversa).. can you do it??....what exercise can you recommend to me?

14. SeanAdamleniSpinner
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 07:39:04

funnky wrote: put the trick you know togather and do em all at once.......derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Yea..I.K.R.... but I think the problem to is my hand..?..haha XD... My problem is i can't bend down my ring finger without bending down my middle finger (viceversa).. can you do it??....what exercise can you recommend to me?

15. funnky
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 14:47:10

SeanAdamleniSpinner wrote: Yea..I.K.R.... but I think the problem to is my hand..?..haha XD... My problem is i can't bend down my ring finger without bending down my middle finger (viceversa).. can you do it??....what exercise can you recommend to me?
    well just practice tricks that use your middle and ring finger. thats what i do.

16. funnky
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 14:47:56

Kari wrote: You know... You're a dick sometimes and I hate you. ^_^
    but bbbut bbut but.....:(

17. Kari
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 15:20:13

funnky wrote: but bbbut bbut but.....:(
    Hahaha you're a funny dick. :p

18. papa happy
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 01:05:55

just spin as much as you can!!! learn all of your fundamentals ffwd and rev, watch lots of videos of other spinners......... dont give up, sometimes youll think a trick is impossible, or that maybe your fingers wout do something you wnat them to, but trust me . you WELL get the trick, and your FINGERS well move the way you want them to , if you dont give up and practice !!!!!!!!! just have fun with it! cause thats whats its all about ...... hope this helps, i just wanted to put my 2 cents in :P

19. iFL
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 08:17:33

SeanAdamleniSpinner wrote: Guys!..CIAO! :D ...I just have joined UPSB yesterday...I know alot of moves and I can do them...BUT...I don't have any combo...What do you guys recommend?
    try my combo. breakdown: Charge 2-3 > Fake Double > Pass 1-2-3-4 > Twisted Sonic 3-4 > Pass Rev 3-2-1 > Twisted Sonic Rev 1-2 > Pass Rev 3-2-1 > Charge 1-2 > Fake Double Any comments?

20. speedybugger1
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:34:37

I see all these guys creating vids on YouTube and just randomly spinning... do they memorise these combos, or are they simply good enough to keep using tricks they know over and over in new sequences?