UPSB v4

Off-topic / Favorite Books

1. Kari
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 04:12:59

I like to read and it's hard to find a good book these days so I'm hoping you guys can help me out. It could also be helpful to anyone else on here who likes to read. Please post any of your favorite books and what genre they are. Please include a description of it as well. My favorite type of books are fantasy books with dragons or magic. And no, Harry Potter is not on that list. One of my favorites is Eragon and the next two (soon to be three) after. I am currently reading "The Wheel Of Time" series. I'm only on book three of I believe thirteen so I have a ways to go but I like having options. So if you guys could offer any suggestions that would be wonderful. ^_^

2. PenwisH
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 04:18:51

just finished game of thrones series by g rr martin. great medievil themed book that's more geared towards adults. great character developement. started watching HBO series as well and it's excellent.

3. Mufoofee
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 04:21:54

Ender's Game. By Orson Scott Card. And "The things they carried," Tim O'Brien. So far for me. Edit: Also take up on Issac Asimov, I like his books. I like science fiction in general. His books are always good.

4. Kari
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 04:49:42

Mufoofee wrote: Ender's Game. By Orson Scott Card. And "The things they carried," Tim O'Brien. So far for me. Edit: Also take up on Issac Asimov, I like his books. I like science fiction in general. His books are always good.
    Ender's Game is a good book. I haven't read that since middle school.

5. browndog12
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 04:52:12

The Alchemist series really well organized, and includes all of the criteria you mentioned its like, not quite historical fiction, it includes a lot of historical figures but theyre all immortals... wait, damnit, im a nerd. the plot is explained really well, but every time you meet a new character you want to facepalm a little bit. thats the only bad part.

6. PREDATORNET
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 05:35:25

Something Williams Chima came to my school the other day to promote her books, the Dragon Heir series or something. I haven;t read it, but it's probably something you'd like.

7. Iota
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 05:49:50

Reading......I wish I enjoyed it haha. But not really, I get enough satisfaction out of watching animes that are decent (deep, not bs fanservice or shallow plot, powerful either mentally or emotionally). I liked that series, but i haven't read inheritance yet. somehow i just end up not caring to finish book series after a while...lol

8. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 13:58:54

skulduggery pleasant, awesome series, i find myself enjoying every single part, unlike other books where some parts are interesting and then they move into something thats not interesting

9. UEDan
    Date: Sat, Oct 1 2011 20:20:03

For fantasy... Diablo #1. Read it a few years ago. Surprisingly good book. And at the top of my head... Series of Unfortunate Events. Fun read.

10. Xero
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 20:07:06

Atlus Shrugged by Ayn Rand I'm halfway through, and it is the best fucking thing that I have ever laid my eyes on. /thread

11. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 00:59:30

Xero wrote: Atlus Shrugged by Ayn Rand I'm halfway through, and it is the best fucking thing that I have ever laid my eyes on. /thread
    I recognize the author but I can't remember what I read. ~KTSpinner~

12. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 00:21:44

The Hunger Games books. And this next one is about the seige in Leningrad, realistic, historical fiction: "City of Thieves" One of the best books ive read, and im not really into that genre of books. Also all of Michael Crichtons books.

13. Aryan
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 11:22:57

The bronze Horsemen by Paullina Simons this is one of my favorite books out there. I guarantee you will love it

14. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 05:41:48

Inheritance comes out November 8th! I'm so excited. The final book of Eragon. :p