UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Fushigi...?

1. JsonShoe
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 19:57:51

ok so i dont know exactly how new this thing is, but i saw a couple of commercials on tv and checked it out online...any thoughts? i also would like to ask a couple of the physics geniuses out there how does this thing work... so...ya, google it or go here https://www.fushigiball.com/

2. hahakumquat
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 20:08:57

it's just contact juggling. you get a ball, you roll it on your arms, etc. it takes a lotta practice, like pen spinning :P THE CAKE IS A LIE!!

3. Matrix-Chan
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 20:58:04

Yeah, they're just trying to commercialize stuff again, like the Penmawashi-Stuff and penspinning.

4. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Oct 31 2010 22:03:19

ARRRG IT'S CONTACT JUGGLING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. IGNORANCE. and this is why I hate when people commercialize/publicize stuff, i.e. yoyo ball> now I can yoyo like the pros! :facepalm: it's also why we kinda didn't like spinz so much... (among other reasons) edit-necro edit 2- sry if I trolled lol

5. peninja
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 03:28:06

agrees with ShadrCom3t at walgreens most spinz are more expensive tahan i bicotry which is much better and i nmy opionon fushigi is mainly a illusion

6. Mats
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 04:07:58

Please correct the title of your thread.

7. tylt
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 07:52:28

Mats wrote: Please correct the title of your thread.
    Way to not be a moderator. OT I've tried contact juggling a couple of times and its actually pretty hard. I didn't really have the patience to learn two manipulations at the same time though. I don't know if any of you guys have seen Cirque Do Soleil but they have some crazy talented contact jugglers who make it look like butter. The most that I ever got to was just basic arm rolls nothing fancy. I've heard that the fushigi ball is just like any other contact juggling ball and it doesn't actually make the contact juggling any easier.

8. Mats
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 08:17:37

I've heard that the fushigi ball is just like any other contact juggling ball and it doesn't actually make the contact juggling any easier.
    That would be right. In fact, Fushigi is a brand name that they are trying to enforce on an already named skill. It's much like if all of a sudden Staedtler made a few pens for pen spinning but called it Staedterling and then pushed it so hard that many people no longer even new pen spinning as pen spinning, only as Staedterling.

9. chris
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 13:31:06

Reminded me of Fushigi Yuugi anime ._____.

10. Paramours
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 00:41:25

just a weighted ball

11. neix
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 00:42:52

apparently you can do all those moves with any ball.. like a tennis ball... its just that this ball makes it look coller cause its shiny.... anyways i would want one haha.... but yeah they sayd EVERYONE CAN DO IT as if its really easy but trust me it must be hard as fuck

12. Mats
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 01:11:15

Harder with a tennis ball though. You really want a ball that is smooth and quite big. Also, for any isolations, it's much better to have a ball you can see through.

13. neix
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 01:30:10

what material is it? cause it looks like if u were to drop it it would shatter lol.. and im sure people drop them all the time

14. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 01:56:18

heavier = easier to CJ larger diameter/more surface area = easier to CJ a tennis ball is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of this. And CJing isn't hard once you get it. You don't have to worry so much about losing control since you can almost always catch the ball. Trust me. (unless you're a spaz lol) And there is a CJ thread already.

Paramours;41276]just a weighted ball[/QUOTE] no it's a ball inside a ball. BUT it has an off center "center of gravity." So basically it fails at being a ball. [QUOTE=neix wrote: what material is it? cause it looks like if u were to drop it it would shatter lol.. and im sure people drop them all the time
    Acrylic outside, chrome ball inside. It does shatter and people tend to drop CJ balls. However, acrylic it self is extremely durable and isn't prone to visible damage. acrylic- [video=youtube;6iC3b5JnSIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iC3b5JnSIE[/video] [B][SIZE="5"] IMPORTANT:[/SIZE][/B] Fushigi reviews- [video=youtube;whDi2ANLjg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whDi2ANLjg0[/video] [video=youtube;QqeqwyxF7rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqeqwyxF7rQ&feature=related[/video] this is why we hate Fushigi

15. Shift
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 23:09:05

I've had to explain to people on MULTIPLE occasions when I'm out somewhere doing CJ that Fushigi is a joke. Anyone who asks to see how the tricks are done, I teach them, and then point them to one of the multiple online dealers where you can get real equipment. It's sad, though, I can't CJ anywhere now without people going "HAY THAT'S THAT MAGIC BALL THING ON TV YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING COOL IT'S ALL THE BALL LUL."

16. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Dec 16 2010 00:33:24

Shift wrote: I've had to explain to people on MULTIPLE occasions when I'm out somewhere doing CJ that Fushigi is a joke. .... It's sad, though, I can't CJ anywhere now without people going "HAY THAT'S THAT MAGIC BALL THING ON TV YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING COOL IT'S ALL THE BALL LUL."
    yep. That's why Fushigi completely destroyed CJ. I hate how people don't understand that. On cjORG, there are multiple threads about this discussing our frustration over this stupid advertisement.

17. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Dec 16 2010 00:38:57

One can only cringe at the though of what wouldve happened if Spinz got big in the USA

18. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Dec 16 2010 00:54:37

shoeman6 wrote: One can only cringe at the though of what wouldve happened if Spinz got big in the USA
    In fact, I have used this example. LOL (idk where though...)

19. dival
    Date: Wed, Dec 22 2010 19:56:01

contact juggling is awesome(and hard) and fushigi is a very cool name. but you can't just get a pre-invented ball, give it a name and sell it as your invention. idiots... edit: I thought about that, I want a revolution. from now on, every single man that helped inviting it should be banned from every single juggling site/forum AND from youtube.

20. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Dec 22 2010 22:36:33

dival wrote: contact juggling is awesome(and hard) and fushigi is a very cool name. but you can't just get a pre-invented ball, give it a name and sell it as your invention. idiots...
    no the guy (who marketed the ball) if FAR FROM an idiot. That's what he's trying to do, remarket Contact Juggling as we know it. He's probably one of the most slippery marketing people out there. The reason why CJ'ers are mad is because Fushigi fking ruined the art/sport as a whole. It's like if everyone thought a penspinner had a pen that did all the work, not the performer him/herself. That this took no skill and little effort.