UPSB v4

General Discussion / PS-Connect coming soon!

1. iColor
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 22:30:00

I am now working 100% on my new project called: 'PS-Connect'. Unlike PSO, PS-Connect aims to focus on the social side of pen spinning. It will be a social networking site just for pen spinning. There will be many features (Blogs, Marketplace, Videochat, etc.) to increase the functionality of the website. We are currently in beta-testing, and only a select few will be chosen. [B]We will be aiming for a release on October 16th[/B], so I hope you guys will look forward to our launch. (: Profile page sneakpeak: http://i.imgur.com/0MLlf.png Posts can be set for different access levels. Let's say you only want to post this blog post to your friends, you can do that. Then, if you want to release it to the rest of the members, you can edit it in just a couple clicks. Simple. Profile customization has never been easier. The drag-and-drop style of customizing is here. Just a drag and a drop and it'll be automatically saved. You will be able to upload and share pictures with friends or the site. Have a secret pen spinning tutorial that you only want to share with your friends? Post it on PS-Connect! Want to update your status just like in Facebook? We have that also! There's a lot of possibility in PS-Connect, but it's only how YOU use it. Official development blog: http://blog.ps-connect.com/ Released now: http://ps-connect.com

2. Quake
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 22:31:20

exciting :D im so down. Keep up the good work.

3. King
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 22:46:56

Cant wait man! :D

4. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 22:53:51

How will this work in conjunction with UPSB? Or is this supposed to be v5?

5. Quai
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 22:56:22

I actually don't get PSO. -_- IMO this will be better. :D

6. iColor
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 22:57:42

hoiboy wrote: How will this work in conjunction with UPSB? Or is this supposed to be v5?
    This is totally separated from UPSB, it's not hosted on UPSB's server at all and won't have any relation to UPSB. This is just my own project that I wanted to complete, and I am spending my own time and money to complete it. :3

7. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 23:07:43

How is this supposed to complement UPSB though? It seems like your new website is trying to take some of UPSB's current share of attention time. If anything, we need a more united community, not a more fragmented one.

8. funnky
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 23:09:57

hoiboy wrote: How is this supposed to complement UPSB though? It seems like your new website is trying to take some of UPSB's current share of attention time. If anything, we need a more united community, not a more fragmented one.
    yea i agree. i dont really like this idea. we have TC and a forum thats all we need

9. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 23:12:31

gl, cant wait.

10. iColor
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 23:20:53

hoiboy wrote: How is this supposed to complement UPSB though? It seems like your new website is trying to take some of UPSB's current share of attention time. If anything, we need a more united community, not a more fragmented one.
    Of course, it's not going to replace UPSB. UPSB still has a lot of features and information that PS-Connect doesn't. PS-Connect supplements your spinning life with the usual board you go to. Trading won't happen on PS-Connect, and will still happen via UPSB or some other board. A big part of UPSB is its forum. PS-Connect cannot replace that and UPSB's wonderful information. Some stuff, as I say, will replace certain features that UPSB is lacking in. (Or doesn't need at all.) We're using PS-Connect as a way to combine all different types of media into one site, and be able to share it with friends or people. UPSB will be UPSB and PS-Connect will be PS-Connect. You can use both, or just use UPSB. You can choose whether you want stuff to be replaced or not.

11. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Sep 29 2011 23:33:52

:D:D:D:D :excited:

12. browndog12
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 00:03:46

LET ME IN :excited:

13. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 01:08:49

THIS. And im quite skeptical about this new site...is it this gonna be like that LPSA blog? >_> Shouldn't be associated with UPSB imo. UPSB is already known as one of the most social/chill boards out there and we have lots of ways to connect socially (TC,SB, etc...). I have a feeling it's going to divide UPSB even further in the near future.

14. iColor
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 01:25:28

Zkhan wrote: THIS. And im quite skeptical about this new site...is it this gonna be like that LPSA blog? >_> Shouldn't be associated with UPSB imo. UPSB is already known as one of the most social/chill boards out there and we have lots of ways to connect socially (TC,SB, etc...). I have a feeling it's going to divide UPSB even further in the near future.
    It's not associated with UPSB in anyway. They're two different sites, completely different. This is more like a facebook-ish site. (AKA: A social networking site.) It's not going to change UPSB at all.

15. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 01:32:51

iColor wrote: It's not associated with UPSB in anyway. They're two different sites, completely different. This is more like a facebook-ish site. (AKA: A social networking site.) It's not going to change UPSB at all.
    So it's not even based on PS related stuff? Just allows people who happen to be spinners to socialize? Meh. I dont see any harm in that. But still...

16. iColor
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 01:34:16

Have you read my earlier posts? Lol.

17. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 02:31:12

thats cool i'm excited

18. MUSIIX
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 02:42:39

Nice design. Makes me more excited!

19. Mufoofee
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 02:46:16

:excited:

20. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 02:58:33

So, its kinda a PSing facebook?

21. iColor
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 03:08:59

MickChickenn wrote: So, its kinda a PSing facebook?
    Exactly. =D

22. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 03:14:47

iColor wrote: Exactly. =D
    Looking foward to it.

23. MystikSun
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 04:24:45

Keep up the good work iColor :) Looking forward to it. PSO was missing a social aspect. I don't find any harm to UPSB in doing something like this.

24. tacohead12
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 05:17:11

That sounds pretty good :o

25. gyrobius
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 05:23:51

That's really badass.

26. King
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 05:28:35

So when will more information be out? Im wondering how the video chat thing is going to work out.

27. Iota
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 06:04:33

PS-C fightinggggg!!

28. taichi1082
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 07:45:16

Good luck though many spinners already use the regular facebook. Which could make it difficult to actually get this one started Kinda like google+ right now

29. iColor
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 12:18:49

It will probably fail, I don't care, haha. I was tired using facebook for my personal and spinning life, so I wanted to create another website rather than just two accounts and have to log out and log in over and over again. Some people don't want their spinning life connected with their personal FB, so this is the answer to that. (:

30. Gisele 8
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 12:49:15

interesting project. unlike PSO, what is a well-made website imo dedicated to newcomers, this may be a good thing to link the spinners, if this project gets popular and used. ofc atm we use fb, msn, skype, tc, tv, and the boards... but we're kinda lost and don't really know where are the spinners we'd like to get in contact to... a difficult thing i must say, i doubt most of the spinners using this? but good idea.

31. zaken
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 13:06:12

It seems very useful! Good job ;D

32. RPD
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 14:06:55

Amazing...

33. Samuirai
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 14:24:25

Sounds like a really cool project :D I'm looking forward to it. But I hope this will not distract the normal Penspinning Boards. It's nice how penspinning evolves :D

34. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 17:10:58

nice! cant wait, i'll definitely be using the blog feature

35. Kari
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 19:06:02

I think, since it is not connected with UPSB in any way, that you should share this idea with all the other boards and see their opinions on the topic.

36. Nyx
    Date: Sat, Oct 1 2011 16:08:39

Useful for trade too. We should make a group in order to facilitate trading.

37. fel2fram
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 15:12:34

wonderful :O but citrons are vertS

38. TONYMONTANAED
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 20:27:29

Since it won't occur on my private life, it is indeed a pretty good idea. Just passing by to say hi ;)

39. iColor
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 03:58:19

The official development blog: http://blog.ps-connect.com/