UPSB v4

General Discussion / UPSB Team Information

1. JC
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 21:20:47

World Cup 2012 is coming up and we, as a community, need a team if we wish to participate. Zombo has posted up some information regarding the rules and registration of communities/teams here: World Cup 2012 - Team Registration and General Information But to summarize with information relevant to perhaps you, this is what UPSB needs. [COLOR="red"][B]

[*]6 World Class Spinners [*]2 Judges (minimum) [*]1 Manager
    [/B][/COLOR] DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING CLIPS is 11:59PM PST [COLOR="red"]December 18th[/COLOR]. The rules and formatting is pretty similar to WC10, but there may be a few changes that have yet to be announced. The World Cup is a team battle with themes, so that's something to keep in mind if you were not aware of that before. Also, keep in mind if you would like to participate for UPSB, we would prefer it if UPSB is your main board. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ What is still up for discussion though is how you would like for us to go about picking our 6 spinners. Would you guys like it to be completely based on clips that spinners send us? Or would you guys like for the moderating team to pick part of the team, and then have clips submitted for wildcard spots? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please let us hear your suggestions. But if you would like to be a [COLOR="red"]judge or manager[/COLOR] for UPSB's WC12 Team, please send an email in to [email][email protected][/email] to state your interest and we will get back to you as soon with the results. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to post it here or PM any of the administrators or moderators. You can also email me at [email][email protected][/email]. Thank you, and let's make it a good year!

2. funnky
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:48:20

i dont think we have 6 world class spinners....

3. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:49:54

i dont think we have even one world class spinner. GG

4. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:50:43

Eriror, Penja, Neo knux, Hippo, i.suk, twine /done

5. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:53:34

Zkhan wrote: Eriror, Penja, Neo knux, Hippo, i.suk, twine /done
    eriror yes but hes not competeing, neo no,, hippo no, isuk no, and twine no. they maybe good spinners but they are far from world class. world class is at vicgotgame level and s777 level and from what iv seen they have none of that.

6. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:56:17

AoD1 wrote: eriror yes but hes not competeing, neo no,, hippo no, isuk no, and twine no. they maybe good spinners but they are far from world class. world class is at vicgotgame level and s777 level and from what iv seen they have none of that.
    :/ these spinners are all we really have. Eriror did mention he was competing after all, if im not mistaken

7. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:58:04

Zkhan wrote: :/ these spinners are all we really have. Eriror did mention he was competing after all, if im not mistaken
    well sorry to break your heart but other then eriror they would get destroyed....... they should just not submit this year and have them practice till they are world tourney and cup status.

8. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 00:06:02

AoD1 wrote: eriror yes but hes not competeing, neo no,, hippo no, isuk no, and twine no. they maybe good spinners but they are far from world class. world class is at vicgotgame level and s777 level and from what iv seen they have none of that.
    eriror is competing, see his 6 year announcement on youtube, and he's been asked repeatedly a few times and he's said yes (of course, this is after WT finished, or else this info would be meaningless) yes, world class is vgg and s777. but those guys are the very peak of world class, they are the world's best (no doubt in the top 5 spinners in the world) if you assume 8 boards in WC, 6 spinners each, --> 'top 50' or more of the world's spinners...and some of the gods in WT11 won't be competing too; also WC is a battle of themes - you don't have to be strong at every aspect of PS (while this is preferable); a spinner who is very strong in one theme and alright overall > a spinner who is a bit better overall but not that strong in any theme you are correct that UPSB has no one like vicgotgame or s777 level; but most boards don't either...FPSB doesn't (fel2fram might reach that level of craziness by 2012 though), GPC and LPSA don't (sponge is very good, want to see how much he improves for WC), HKPSA does (kin), TWPS doesn't (rex is crazily good, but not up to that degree), PSH does (snow can smash just about anyone in 2p, 2h and difficulty), THPSC does (supawit, baimai's and peem's level is unknown), JEB doesn't (HAL, mesi, fire@fox are really good, but still quite a significant difference), as far as i know none of the 'minor' boards have anyone close --> UPSB's situation is not good at all, we are weaker than basically every other major board (unless some guys from the now-inactive BPSC apply for UPSB team), but comparing to s777 and vicgotgame isn't really a valid comparison imo (especially given that they've both basically quit xD)

9. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 00:21:46

i know i'm no where near i.suk's level but can i have a shot?

10. AoD1
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 00:26:15

tbh i think THPSC is gonna dominate again this year, they still have their same line up as before and we know they are all good and by good i mean crazy and pulling shit out of their ass.. to make sure they win, as of proof look at last yr they where very well in themes and difficulty and smoothness and some what creative, the only thing they lack is linkages but think of it this way peem had a full year of practice to pull more stuff like arm around times 4 or 5 or what ever the fuck it was out of his ass.

11. Riley
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 00:37:23

Zkhan wrote: Eriror, Penja, Neo knux, Hippo, i.suk, twine /done
    Don't forget Baaron.

12. PREDATORNET
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 00:40:01

Why is it that every time a major tournament comes around, people forget Baaron? He's a ninja! :D

13. Van
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 00:54:35

cuz baaron isnt even spinning for UPSB

14. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 01:05:33

unfortunately, it seems that baaron most likely wont be spinning for UPSB

15. PREDATORNET
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 01:15:19

Wat. Why? Last i checked with him in the SB, he was o_O

16. funnky
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 01:31:22

Zkhan wrote: unfortunately, it seems that baaron most likely wont be spinning for UPSB
    i wouldn't if i was him. this place sucks now

17. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 01:34:55

funnky wrote: i wouldn't if i was him. this place sucks now
    understand how he thinks...who would want to spin for a "suck" board? Have some hope (>^^)>/

18. funnky
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 01:37:38

Zkhan wrote: understand how he thinks...who would want to spin for a "suck" board? Have some hope (>^^)>/
    i will one day sir...one day

19. Raos
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 02:23:23

@i.suk I disagree with you. To me people who go into the WT are already world class and/or pseudo world class. Don't forget there is a time difference and improvement is expected. Also, new spinners can show up to surprise us. Greatest example is snow. Also for chances of people coming back. You cant make a judgement now on the WC when it is not even close to the event. The boards and as well as the spinners are more clear and decide on what they are doing. Plus you aren't active in those specific communities so you wouldn't know. I understand what you are trying to say, but please look at this situation not just by an observer view, look at it from all sides

20. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 02:27:52

LEMMMESEEEEEEEEEEEE the ppl i would like to compete: (yes i know this is more than 6) Pen Ninja Neoknux Hippo2626 Twine Eriror Baaron (yeah i know he prob won't compete for upsb :/) I.(don't)suk I agree, there will be ample time to improve, and when WT is REALLY on, so is the pressure to improve >:]

21. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 02:41:57

I think we are all forgetting @Jamie Enns , I bet he is even greater a now then ever. Hopefully he'll join and UPSB might have a fighting chance.

22. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 02:53:54

not gonna lie, but @Jamie Enns has prolly some of the most difficult links and combos around. stop being so pessimistic guys

23. sangara
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:26:34

Here's how I see it: Hippo2626: Our main spinner, I'm convinced that he's more than qualified for this tournament. Like I've said before, he's always getting better and we still have like 5 months until WC12 Eriror: Nothing to say, he's been in every international competition. Jamie Enns: When I met him he blew my mind with everything he could do, no doubt he's gotten better. Baaron: If he's not competing for us then he's a stuck up douche bag. Twine: After seeing all of his videos in the UPSB tournament then yeah I could see him competing, as long as he got better. Pen Ninja: Eh I've always had mixed feelings, I'm not sure. If I saw a more recent video I could judge better. Neoknux: I do not believe that he has the ability to compete at the WC Oh and @funnky, shut the fuck up.

24. AoD1
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:32:21

sangara wrote: Here's how I see it: Hippo2626: Our main spinner, I'm convinced that he's more than qualified for this tournament. Like I've said before, he's always getting better and we still have like 5 months until WC12 Eriror: Nothing to say, he's been in every international competition. Jamie Enns: When I met him he blew my mind with everything he could do, no doubt he's gotten better. Baaron: If he's not competing for us then he's a stuck up douche bag. Twine: After seeing all of his videos in the UPSB tournament then yeah I could see him competing, as long as he got better. Pen Ninja: Eh I've always had mixed feelings, I'm not sure. If I saw a more recent video I could judge better. Neoknux: I do not believe that he has the ability to compete at the WC Oh and @funnky, shut the fuck up.
    bro no one asked your bitch ass for your 2 cents, and dont be mad that i bring up a valid arguement about this bro. deep down sangara you know its true.

25. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:35:26

then our anticipated line-up would be: Eriror,Twine,J.E.,Penja,i.suk, Hippo(who will be a powerhouse, like BaiMai) Seriously though. At this point, we dont have many spinners to consider tournament worthy. This is what we have and we can work with what we have. Honestly, were better off than most boards. We can do this, with or without Baaron. If I may add, UPSB will still have to make a qualification Collab right? The Spinners in the Collab do not have to be the exact members in the WC team. This leaves the responsibility for the rest of UPSB as well. No reason to put all burden on these guys. I have a good feeling that UPSB will do well.

26. AoD1
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:40:05

Zkhan wrote: then our anticipated line-up would be: Eriror,Twine,J.E.,Penja,i.suk, Hippo(who will be a powerhouse, like BaiMai) Seriously though. At this point, we dont have many spinners to consider tournament worthy. This is what we have and we can work with what we have. Honestly, were better off than most boards. We can do this, with or without Baaron. If I may add, UPSB will still have to make a qualification Collab right? The Spinners in the Collab do not have to be the exact members in the WC team. This leaves the responsibility for the rest of UPSB as well. No reason to put all burden on these guys. I have a good feeling that UPSB will do well.
    are you Delusional here bro, they couldnt win when vicgotgame and eriror were on a team together, what makes you think with out vicgotgame, upsbs top spinner, how do you think we are going to win? humor me bro?

27. sangara
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:47:52

AoD1 wrote: bro no one asked your bitch ass for your 2 cents, and dont be mad that i bring up a valid arguement about this bro. deep down sangara you know its true.
    It's already been said before me s777 and Vic were definitely in the top 5 spinners of the world, there is no way you can expect to have a team of spinners at that level. In fact no board has a team of spinners at that level, they just don't exist. Granted, THPSC is the dominant power in the pen spinning world and has been since early 2009, but that doesn't mean that the spinning world isn't changing. With all that said, no, you do not have a valid argument because what you're saying is that in order to even compete, we're not even talking about winning, we have to assemble the ultimate team of pen spinners that hasn't nor will ever exist. What I will give you is that you bring constant negativity to this board and quite frankly it's getting incredibly annoying. Please crawl back into your hole and take funnky with you.

28. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:48:50

AoD1 wrote: are you Delusional here bro, they couldnt win when vicgotgame and eriror were on a team together, what makes you think with out vicgotgame, upsbs top spinner, how do you think we are going to win? humor me bro?
    A single penspinner wont make a difference.

29. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 03:54:33

^ It sure does create an impact though.

30. AoD1
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 04:05:00

sangara wrote: It's already been said before me s777 and Vic were definitely in the top 5 spinners of the world, there is no way you can expect to have a team of spinners at that level. In fact no board has a team of spinners at that level, they just don't exist. Granted, THPSC is the dominant power in the pen spinning world and has been since early 2009, but that doesn't mean that the spinning world isn't changing. With all that said, no, you do not have a valid argument because what you're saying is that in order to even compete, we're not even talking about winning, we have to assemble the ultimate team of pen spinners that hasn't nor will ever exist. What I will give you is that you bring constant negativity to this board and quite frankly it's getting incredibly annoying. Please crawl back into your hole and take funnky with you.
    false fpsb world tourney pretty much a dream team if that would hav been wc they would hav killed everyone

31. Twine
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 04:09:13

Lol wtf! My ass will get raped in WC if I don't get my shit together! hahahahaha. Meh, I could do well if I tried though :3

32. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 04:10:10

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: @i.suk I disagree with you. To me people who go into the WT are already world class and/or pseudo world class. Don't forget there is a time difference and improvement is expected. Also, new spinners can show up to surprise us. Greatest example is snow. Also for chances of people coming back. You cant make a judgement now on the WC when it is not even close to the event. The boards and as well as the spinners are more clear and decide on what they are doing. Plus you aren't active in those specific communities so you wouldn't know. I understand what you are trying to say, but please look at this situation not just by an observer view, look at it from all sides
    there's a time difference, yeah, but what's your point? think about it: peem's level in THPSC 1st and WC10, over a year has passed, and which power tricker nowadays can claim they can do his combos there with 5/5 perfect execution? NONE (maybe one, but that's still a maybe) WC12 is a year after WT11; but from the things we have seen from UPSB and other boards, the movement of spinners from borderline/middle-world class into the very elite doesn't take just time, it doesn't take 'just' practice, you have to know what to practice on, what to develop, where to get new ideas from (make them yourself or draw from spinners you didn't copy/derive stuff from before) etcetc the reason why snow was so surprising was that we don't see much of PSH's videos (relative to other boards, imo), and the 'only' other dark horse in WT11 was sponge...2 out of 99 isn't a very large percentage, is it? you'd need more than that (especially since WC has a 'luck' factor on which themes come up for which board)... yeah, people improve. but how often do we see people improving in <1 year like bloodgod, nadhif, far? the reason why these 3 (and some others i can't think of atm) are so special is that they improved that much in so little time also people coming back for WC and WT - yeah, that's true. we saw how well that went in WT eh (frat and answer) :P they can come back, but if they didn't practice much while they were inactive from their boards, they probably won't be at their old levels (relative to rest of world) =\ of course, there's a chance all the guys who said they weren't going to compete/quit (vic, s777, A13x, mesi, maybe a few others) will compete; i'm just making judgments on the material that's out at the moment xD you don't have to be active in a community to know its strength, you just have to watch the videos of spinners from those communities /major flaw in argument xD they could all be hiding huge amounts of material though....but if you're expecting some random guy to rise to s777/vic/peem status in one year, you might be disappointed....furthermore, other boards probably have more of these supposed 'dark horses' than upsb *end rant* edit: what to you mean by 'look at it from all sides'? Oo" and WC is getting close....it'll be here in about 4 months

33. iBlameLag
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 04:20:48

Well this is degrating. I thought UPSB had the best spinners, but I guess that was before VGG dropped out. *Sigh* To be completely honest, if Eriror gets lucky or if he tries hard enough, we MIGHT win, but I'm doubtful. Don't let us down, @eRiror!

34. Raos
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 05:13:31

i.suk wrote: there's a time difference, yeah, but what's your point? think about it: peem's level in THPSC 1st and WC10, over a year has passed, and which power tricker nowadays can claim they can do his combos there with 5/5 perfect execution? NONE (maybe one, but that's still a maybe) WC12 is a year after WT11; but from the things we have seen from UPSB and other boards, the movement of spinners from borderline/middle-world class into the very elite doesn't take just time, it doesn't take 'just' practice, you have to know what to practice on, what to develop, where to get new ideas from (make them yourself or draw from spinners you didn't copy/derive stuff from before) etcetc the reason why snow was so surprising was that we don't see much of PSH's videos (relative to other boards, imo), and the 'only' other dark horse in WT11 was sponge...2 out of 99 isn't a very large percentage, is it? you'd need more than that (especially since WC has a 'luck' factor on which themes come up for which board)... yeah, people improve. but how often do we see people improving in <1 year like bloodgod, nadhif, far? the reason why these 3 (and some others i can't think of atm) are so special is that they improved that much in so little time also people coming back for WC and WT - yeah, that's true. we saw how well that went in WT eh (frat and answer) :P they can come back, but if they didn't practice much while they were inactive from their boards, they probably won't be at their old levels (relative to rest of world) =\ of course, there's a chance all the guys who said they weren't going to compete/quit (vic, s777, A13x, mesi, maybe a few others) will compete; i'm just making judgments on the material that's out at the moment xD you don't have to be active in a community to know its strength, you just have to watch the videos of spinners from those communities /major flaw in argument xD they could all be hiding huge amounts of material though....but if you're expecting some random guy to rise to s777/vic/peem status in one year, you might be disappointed....furthermore, other boards probably have more of these supposed 'dark horses' than upsb *end rant* edit: what to you mean by 'look at it from all sides'? Oo" and WC is getting close....it'll be here in about 4 months
    true but I am saying you cant judge boards skill level until the the even starts

35. blahblahting
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 05:29:33

Many have been talking about Baaron, so I'll throw this out there: Baaron said that he doesn't want to compete because he spins for himself, not an entire community. Also, to my knowledge, Jamie Enns has been rather dead since summer...I haven't seen any of his spinning lately and he hasn't been active in HoT I've seen some pretty sick stuff from miyat; if he can up his level of spinning a bit, I think he can represent UPSB well. The same goes for xSpin when he actually loads his combos up with intricate links. Of course, these are just ideas/suggestions

36. sangara
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 07:22:59

blahblahting wrote: Many have been talking about Baaron, so I'll throw this out there: Baaron said that he doesn't want to compete because he spins for himself, not an entire community. Also, to my knowledge, Jamie Enns has been rather dead since summer...I haven't seen any of his spinning lately and he hasn't been active in HoT I've seen some pretty sick stuff from miyat; if he can up his level of spinning a bit, I think he can represent UPSB well. The same goes for xSpin when he actually loads his combos up with intricate links. Of course, these are just ideas/suggestions
    Jamie leaves every year for a summer camp, he'll be back.

37. fang
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 07:23:01

Maybe there should something like a combo matcher for also some spinners where we didn't came up with. In that way everyone got at least a fair change to show what he can do!~

38. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 10:10:28

hippo2626 ?! really ? :facepalm:

39. aaron12345
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 12:19:24

hes pretty good.

40. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 16:32:52

Hippo is our best spinner that can really hit the WC themes spot on. Spinless/Body-Environment.

41. spinford
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 16:50:31

I dont believe that miyat in enough to compete for the WC. Xspin may be pro but not at a WC standard. They are both good spinners but they still got a huge milestone ahead of them. I also believe miyat wont spin for UPSB since he is on a break for now

42. AwonW
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 17:47:23

Krispy Kreme wrote: hippo2626 ?! really ? :facepalm:
    He's really good.

43. Wind
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 19:02:25

Isn't it the 8 boards who past qualifiers compete in WC12? So... I think you guys should worry about making past the qualification round first.

44. JC
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 19:57:47

Wind wrote: Isn't it the 8 boards who past qualifiers compete in WC12? So... I think you guys should worry about making past the qualification round first.
    This is if there are a lot of communities are competing.

45. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 21:22:28

we'll see whats the final number of teams then we'll see if qualifiers are needed but collabs might still be needed to rank the team for seeding.

46. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 10:02:56

i guess we should stop worrying about whether UPSB as a whole meets WC standards. whether we do or do not, we will still send in our best spinners who can compete. so The question should not be "is spinner X world class", the question should be "is spinner X our best possible spinner who can and will compete in the world cup" . The world cup standard isnt defined by a few spinners, s777 vic peem. The world cup standard is just some relative conception that we make up. so as corny as this sounds, lets just try out best. itll be fun getting owned. ;D

47. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 11:09:40

neoknux_009 wrote: i guess we should stop worrying about whether UPSB as a whole meets WC standards. whether we do or do not, we will still send in our best spinners who can compete. so The question should not be "is spinner X world class", the question should be "is spinner X our best possible spinner who can and will compete in the world cup" . The world cup standard isnt defined by a few spinners, s777 vic peem. The world cup standard is just some relative conception that we make up. so as corny as this sounds, lets just try out best. itll be fun getting owned. ;D
    I can't agree more. To me the issue now is whether we have decent enough spinners ( not saying incredibly noob or world class spinners but solid spinners) who are WILLING to participate in the WC. I would really like to try out for the WC and to me the main thing in participating in the tourny is not to win the whole thing but to push myself to a greater level of spinning. It would be great to win but I don't care if we don't. By the way, whether or not a team sends their best team will not guarantee that they will win. A big part of the WC (from what I've seen in the previous WC) is not the spinners itself but the teamwork/communication/strategy that the team itself had. Look at BPSC, their team wasn't that great if you look at the spinners individually but they made it to the end because they were very united, they won nearly all their doubles battles, they were very smart in choosing who should participate for each round and dividing their strength effectively for each round. JEB probably had the second best lineup (even though it wasn't their best team that they could have much better) but because they didn't strategies well or at all they ended up in 4th place.

48. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 12:56:22

more or less, i feel that the spinners for the WC team can already be confirmed. but what hippo said:

Hippo2626 wrote: By the way, whether or not a team sends their best team will not guarantee that they will win. A big part of the WC (from what I've seen in the previous WC) is not the spinners itself but the teamwork/communication/strategy that the team itself had. Look at BPSC, their team wasn't that great if you look at the spinners individually but they made it to the end because they were very united, they won nearly all their doubles battles, they were very smart in choosing who should participate for each round and dividing their strength effectively for each round. JEB probably had the second best lineup (even though it wasn't their best team that they could have much better) but because they didn't strategies well or at all they ended up in 4th place.
    my sentiments. WC is a team competition, we'll need more just competent spinners to stand up for their abilities. we'll need a team that can fight it out together. if UPSB can achieve that, i dont think we'll be on the losing end.

49. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 17:03:56

I'll just leave the video links of all the mentioned spinners here now so we won't have to do it later! Some are probably not the best choices though... Pen Ninja Neoknux Jamie Enns Baaron (just in case) Eriror (don't think there's even a need to have a video for him) Twine i.suk Hippo2626

50. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 17:07:34

Hippo2626 wrote: I'll just leave the video links of all the mentioned spinners here now so we won't have to do it later! Some are probably not the best choices though... Pen Ninja Neoknux Jamie Enns Baaron (just in case) Eriror (don't think there's even a need to have a video for him) Twine i.suk Hippo2626
    This is it. Our team. Just choose 6.

51. miyat
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 17:24:10

spinford wrote: I also believe miyat wont spin for UPSB since he is on a break for now
    I will try to get in to the UPSB team for WC12 as of now. I am also still practicing, just less filming. I guess it's time for me to get serious and replace my plastic tips with signo tips on my mod.

52. spinford
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 18:15:05

miyat wrote: I will try to get in to the UPSB team for WC12 as of now. I am also still practicing, just less filming. I guess it's time for me to get serious and replace my plastic tips with signo tips on my mod.
    GOGOGOGOGO!!!

53. superpen
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 05:10:00

hello everyone i am new here and i have been doing pen spinning for a long tym now and i would love to join the upsb team u can take me as a manager also if u want thanks - Mukund

54. PREDATORNET
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 05:49:26

._. You do know you need to basically be better than the people we're suggesting to spin, right? I can spin for 20 years and go, Ohai, i want to spin for UPSB, but i only know the thumbaround. If you're seriously going to spin for UPSB, you better show us your stuff.

55. superpen
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 06:13:04

ohk like i can do all these basic moves like sonic and all like very easily i also do many combos and my camera broken right now so i cant show u my stuff so like what should i do now but by next month i can make a video as i am gettting a new camera

56. Dakrowl
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 07:07:56

sonic is not enough eh.. unless you use your toes to do sonic

57. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 08:34:13

superpen wrote: ohk like i can do all these basic moves like sonic and all like very easily i also do many combos and my camera broken right now so i cant show u my stuff so like what should i do now but by next month i can make a video as i am gettting a new camera
    i dont think you have enough..for managing a team

58. superpen
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 16:32:03

i said i can do those moves very easily and i do a lot of combos too so i am not bad at it

59. tylt
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 17:31:38

I think @xSpin is qualified enough for the WC. Whether or not he wants to compete is up to him.

60. JC
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 18:25:45

superpen wrote: i said i can do those moves very easily and i do a lot of combos too so i am not bad at it
    gotta be able to do difficult moves very easily :X but in any case, if you wish to compete, you need to submit a video to [email][email protected][/email] and we'll evaluate whether or not we think you will make the team I'd like to remind people that this thread is for people to also discuss the means of choosing our spinners. Some possible options 1-Moderator Team makes choice solely on their own and just invites people to the team 2-Split it 1/2 and 1/2, moderating team chooses some and then we take some clip submissions from which we can choose the remaining spinners as wildcards (helps saves the material/work of the people who would undoubtedly get accepted) 3-Everyone submits clips and then we choose the 6 spinners through looking at that 4-Everyone submits clips and then the public can choose the 6 spinners through some system of voting 5-Split it 1/2 and 1/2 and everyone submits clips, we choose some and the public votes on the rest There's pros and cons to each I think; but the method that we take is open to discussion among you all and we'll take the feedback that you guys give to make the appropriate choice of method.

61. Van
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 20:31:36

JC wrote: gotta be able to do difficult moves very easily :X but in any case, if you wish to compete, you need to submit a video to [email][email protected][/email] and we'll evaluate whether or not we think you will make the team I'd like to remind people that this thread is for people to also discuss the means of choosing our spinners. Some possible options 1-Moderator Team makes choice solely on their own and just invites people to the team 2-Split it 1/2 and 1/2, moderating team chooses some and then we take some clip submissions from which we can choose the remaining spinners as wildcards (helps saves the material/work of the people who would undoubtedly get accepted) 3-Everyone submits clips and then we choose the 6 spinners through looking at that 4-Everyone submits clips and then the public can choose the 6 spinners through some system of voting 5-Split it 1/2 and 1/2 and everyone submits clips, we choose some and the public votes on the rest There's pros and cons to each I think; but the method that we take is open to discussion among you all and we'll take the feedback that you guys give to make the appropriate choice of method.
    #3 sounds the best

62. TheAafg
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 20:45:39

number 3~ we will have a chance to see and what to expect from the spinners plus it would show us who really is dedicated to pen spinning :D

63. Nashi
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 20:48:33

#3 sounds best to me.

64. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 21:12:07

#3, avoid any public votings

65. Light
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 23:00:06

Baaron, xspin, miyat, eriror, Jamie Enns, and how about simplex, bad ass mfka.

66. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 00:16:52

#3 sounds good

67. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 00:42:02

+1 for number 3, since the public has basically no idea of what level/strengths/strategy is needed for WC type competition off topic: BaiMai is viewing this thread :ninja: :o

68. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 02:10:35

Maybe whoever is gonna' choose the team doesn't have to make any major decisions just yet. We can get a general group then when the themes come out, we can discuss which 6 spinners would be able to cover all the themes the best? (coming up with a good strategy to give us a fighting chance) I vote option 3 also.

69. miyat
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 02:20:59

#3, I think catfish would be good enough to compete in wc besides the other spinners mentioned so far. He's really under rated

70. OG
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 03:19:07

Light wrote: Baaron, xspin, miyat, eriror, Jamie Enns, and how about simplex, bad ass mfka.
    Baaron and xSpin can no longer represent UPSB as a board in WC.

71. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 04:07:52

OG wrote: Baaron and xSpin can no longer represent UPSB as a board in WC.
    xSpin too? eh who needs him. I agree we should wait until the themes are revealed to pick our spinners. atm it looks like J.E.,eriror,hippo,pen ninja, twine, and (other) there are a lot of qualified spinners such as catfish,miyat,blah,neo, and some others...

72. PREDATORNET
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 04:56:51

Hold on. Why can't xSpin and Baaron participate? Is it cause they don't want to... or they are spinning for another board... or...?

73. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 05:06:26

PREDATORNET wrote: Hold on. Why can't xSpin and Baaron participate? Is it cause they don't want to... or they are spinning for another board... or...?
    you answered your own question

74. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 05:23:09

The problem is that our moderating team isn't comprised of a lot of active spinners. I don't know how up to date all the mods are on people's abilities :/ Personally I think it should be either be clip public submission or half and half clip submission. 4 or 5 for me.

75. King
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 05:48:29

Sad to see Baaron and xSpin not competing for the board the started in. Oh well. I respect their decisions and wish them good luck. Go Team Upsb ^^

76. JC
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 15:09:49

Updated 1st post with deadline. It's in a little less than a month. If you wish to participate, please email in your clip to [email][email protected][/email] by Oct. 23rd!

77. Nashi
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 15:25:24

How much clips do you want per spinner? just one, or more clips? (just asking, b/c in gpc they want more than one clip. ^___^")

78. JC
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 15:31:32

Just one is fine; sometimes spinners have a lot to show but can't do it in ~20 seconds, but if they want to show it all off, they must make the most 'effective' clip by finding a way to incorporate all the good stuff they have in a short amount of time

79. Elune
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 15:41:14

JC wrote: Just one is fine; sometimes spinners have a lot to show but can't do it in ~20 seconds, but if they want to show it all off, they must make the most 'effective' clip by finding a way to incorporate all the good stuff they have in a short amount of time
    well the thing is that maybe they want to show which aspect they're better at xD For example a spinner wants to show his difficulty theme and spinless theme, then I think it'll be difficult to mix them in just 1 vid Knowing which aspect a spinner focuses on also helps you know how to choose which spinner to participate in what theme in WC :)

80. JC
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 15:45:08

Elune wrote: well the thing is that maybe they want to show which aspect they're better at xD For example a spinner wants to show his difficulty theme and spinless theme, then I think it'll be difficult to mix them in just 1 vid Knowing which aspect a spinner focuses on also helps you know how to choose which spinner to participate in what theme in WC :)
    I'm unsure what exactly you're saying; usually a spinner might have a specialty so they would focus on that in their vid, why would they send in a difficulty clip if they are strong in spinless. Sure, they might be good in difficulty too, but if they specialize in spinless, then that's what they'll want to show... but I mean, any spinner is welcome to send in more than one clip. We only require one clip though -- we don't need spinners to put in any more work than that.

81. Elune
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 16:17:41

OK I see now xD Sorry for my bad English >.>

82. Twine
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 18:49:52

So could I just send my 3 year solo to you guys JC?

83. JC
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 18:55:25

Not sure if @Zombo wants new clips?

84. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 19:25:59

where do i send my video? i know staff@upsb something ... visit my channel [B]if[/B] you can. see signature.

85. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 19:40:20

i just want an idea of the level of unknown spinners to make sure t hey're really good enough

86. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Sep 27 2011 22:05:37

shouldn't twine already have a spot? I think the year before last, after the UPSB tourney, the winner would have a place in the next world competition. Or is this just for the wildcard spot?

87. JC
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 02:22:10

GeeGeeGee;138315]where do i send my video? i know staff@upsb something ... visit my channel [B]if[/B] you can. see signature.[/QUOTE] [email][email protected][/email] it's on the first post [QUOTE=Zkhan wrote: shouldn't twine already have a spot? I think the year before last, after the UPSB tourney, the winner would have a place in the next world competition. Or is this just for the wildcard spot?
    and that could've been a possible way of selecting spinners but out of the options that i happened to throw out, it seems everyone would rather just have everyone send in clips and have the mods decide for the most part :\ so i believe that's how we're going to be doing it.

88. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 02:26:57

lol I feel like applying for the manager of the team :trollface: but I fear that I don't have enough skills required :/

89. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 03:17:44

What exactly does the manager do? ._. Just has to make sure everyone on the team understands the rules and makes sure to get all the clips or something?

90. King
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 05:42:11

Nachoaddict wrote: What exactly does the manager do? ._. Just has to make sure everyone on the team understands the rules and makes sure to get all the clips or something?
    I would assume so. "Manage" The team?

91. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 05:45:49

Nachoaddict wrote: What exactly does the manager do? ._. Just has to make sure everyone on the team understands the rules and makes sure to get all the clips or something?
    decide spinner lineups (how to allocate spinners for different themes)

92. JC
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 05:46:09

They act as the go to person for the spinners and the community for information. Also, they're the go to person for the spinners to turn in their clips-- they're the ones who will receive the clips from the spinners so they can compile them, make them neat, and turn them in for that round. Also, line ups may change from round to round since not all 6 spinners will be spinning every round -- so they will be managing the lineup of spinners as well.

93. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 05:59:29

strictly speaking the manager only hands in the videos and lineups; the rest of the duties, such as deciding the lineups, can be arranged by members of the team. but the goal of the manager is to maximize the chances of winning of his team and that means having everybody perform to their best. I've seen managers set early deadlines to their team for submitting drafts of their combos and give them feedback for the final version. Managers can coach to improve their team

94. JC
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 19:03:22

Still looking for people. There's 3 weeks left to join

95. fang
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 20:07:17

JC wrote: Still looking for people. There's 3 weeks left to join
    You'll get my video next week, be aware. Contains pure awsomeness!~ ^_^

96. blahblahting
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 21:34:09

Though I haven't been recording lately, I've still been spinning. I'll see what I can do for my qualification video.

97. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 23:43:08

combo planned, just need to train left hand more and record

98. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 00:37:04

Okay now I'm confused seeing as people are planning combos out. The clips we are submitting is just to show our skill level and to submit those for the registriation right? The combo got the qualification collab can be submitted later and the decision for the team members will come later right?

99. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 00:42:23

Hippo2626 wrote: Okay now I'm confused seeing as people are planning combos out. The clips we are submitting is just to show our skill level and to submit those for the registriation right? The combo got the qualification collab can be submitted later and the decision for the team members will come later right?
    Correct

100. spinford
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 02:18:56

Though I take penspinning for fun, I actually have a tom of linkages under my sleeve that I dont show in my daysessions. I think its time for me to start penspinning seriously again XD. I'm gonna go full steam this time like no other day

101. fel2fram
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 17:04:35

I would like to see : 1) Baaron 2) EK 3) Jamie Enns 4) Hippo 5) neoknux 6) i.suk

102. Kido
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 17:36:26

@fel2fram your combo is insane! are you representing FPSB?

103. crinix
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 17:39:58

@fel2fram and we'd like to see you!

104. Twine
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 18:28:11

@fel2fram You will win ever battle you're in. No joke.

105. Soren
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 20:34:46

Quite a lot of you guys are just suggesting the best 6 spinners you can think of from upsb to compete, but what you are forgetting is that there will be certain themes for the WC. The team is not just about world class spinners, it's also about whether that spinner is good enough for a certain type of theme. A little note to people sending in your clip. If you have a certain theme that you would want to compete in (im not sure what themes there are going to be, it may be different from WC10, im not sure, but im pretty sure that most of the common ones will still be there such as difficulty, spinless, creativity etc) then in the combo that you will submit, show your skill in that certain theme.

106. spinford
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 22:58:32

Actually I dont really want to represent UPSB for now. I think I will wait around 1 more year for WT 2013 I predict: Eriror Jamie enns Hippo2626 i.suk For now these are the spinners that I want. I am pretty sure that miyat and xspin may enter for WC. Is Baaron even participating for this years WC? I heard he does not want to

107. MinEste
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 23:01:17

yo dawgs, stop assuming which board is going to win and just send 6 of our best and willing spinners out there YOU DONT KNOW TIL YOU TRY

108. taichi1082
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 23:32:10

MinEste wrote: yo dawgs, stop assuming which board is going to win
    yeah right lets stop that in the meantime: a 100% accurate ranking of every community based on the number of active top-ranking spinners, made by a team of experts with actual knowledge of the current penspinning scene

109. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 00:17:24

taichi1082 wrote: yeah right lets stop that in the meantime: a 100% accurate ranking of every community based on the number of active top-ranking spinners, made by a team of experts with actual knowledge of the current penspinning scene http://i56.tinypic.com/986gw2.jpg
    IPSB?

110. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 08:12:19

@taichi1082 Where is SPSB? =(

111. webspider
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 08:41:44

Apparently he didn't want to add yet another board to the Meh-Tier

112. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 09:02:29

taichi1082 wrote: yeah right lets stop that in the meantime: a 100% accurate ranking of every community based on the number of active top-ranking spinners, made by a team of experts with actual knowledge of the current penspinning scene
    hkpsa on high tier? interesting......... also, what is definition of 'top-ranking'? cool chart-thing btw

113. OnLy
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 09:26:07

i.suk wrote: hkpsa on high tier? interesting......... also, what is definition of 'top-ranking'? cool chart-thing btw
    Absolutely Kin is a world class spinner , but our average is lower than other forums Therefore , it is no doubt that PSH or TWPS can replace us :)

114. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:20:58

twps is soooo underestimated. dont understand why everyone forgets them. such a strong team.

115. Gisele 8
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 15:42:26

as it is based on the number of active top-class guys, the chart is +- correct... tho i think twps and hkpsa should switch ranking.. but as (especialy in WC, because u re postin in that topic) the number doesn't imply quality, i find quite strange, to not say ridiculous the use of subjective terms 'god, high, semi-high, mid, meh '... 2 or 3 spinners are enough to win a wc battle ;) (and thefuck is LPSA lol, german experts i guess trololo

116. Elune
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 15:53:54

a little off-topic but is BPSC gonna participate in WC12?

117. Gisele 8
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 16:02:45

Elune wrote: a little off-topic but is BPSC gonna participate in WC12?
    i'm not in charge of BPSC anymore so i can't say but, probably not..

118. Soren
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 17:31:09

Gisele 8 wrote: i'm not in charge of BPSC anymore so i can't say but, probably not..
    then you should compete for UPSB!!

119. emmoo
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 18:41:36

I love how we are in legendary^^

120. taichi1082
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 22:21:49

Gisele 8 wrote: i find quite strange, to not say ridiculous the use of subjective terms 'god, high, semi-high, mid, meh '... 2 or 3 spinners are enough to win a wc battle ;)
    The terms 'god, high, semi-high, mid, meh ' are common in lists like that. And this is not a WC prediction sheet. @i.suk Insider information fuck yeah

121. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 22:30:18

The JEB competitors i wanna see are: HAL Mesi Fire@fox Ocha Ponkotu Sister_R

122. Elune
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 05:05:11

@Gisele 8 : yeah you should compete with another board xD Well I wanna see HAL and Juminuwo too (though Juminuwo wont be able to join ....) HAL's speed is as godlike as Dongza xD

123. ~blast~
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 13:34:21

The HKPSA competitors i wanna see are: kin(yeah~) ccw wah Orc WON Middle' The TWPS competitors i wanna see are: x1213 >< Rex minzian evolution bradon joey

124. 3A5
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 23:05:37

you don't know about the power of LPSA

125. song
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 03:24:09

lpsa=assasin.they gonna rock wc12

126. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 05:22:20

taichi1082 wrote: yeah right lets stop that in the meantime: a 100% accurate ranking of every community based on the number of active top-ranking spinners, made by a team of experts with actual knowledge of the current penspinning scene http://i56.tinypic.com/986gw2.jpg
    you know i was waiting for that picture to be posted :trollface:

127. Raos
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 16:13:45

@taichi1082 what board is the last one in the legendary tier

128. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 16:29:11

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: @taichi1082 what board is the last one in the legendary tier
    UCPSB

129. Sankaku
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 18:41:49

3A5;141144]you don't know about the power of LPSA[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=song wrote: lpsa=assasin.they gonna rock wc12
    mhm

130. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Oct 10 2011 06:35:39

well, here's my combo for UPSB spinner selection :dunno: i like the new angle, personally :P

131. Far
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 14:20:27

Yeah where's IPSB T.T

132. DArKT
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:27:39

MAN,WHERES BRPSB???????????????? T.T

133. Gisele 8
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:49:29

@Ejikpyroman sorry but those boards do not exist, since it is a 100% accurate chart :trollface:

134. DArKT
    Date: Tue, Oct 11 2011 17:59:43

Gisele 8 wrote: @Ejikpyroman sorry but those boards do not exist, since it is a 100% accurate chart :trollface:
    They dont exist?? you have a account on BRPSB lol U MAD??

135. Twine
    Date: Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:32:06

[B]This is my qualification thingy:[/B] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5r1KQDQcIs Keep in mind this is not my best please :3 My Dream lineup: Eriror Penja Hippo2626 Neoknux/Jamie Baaron ( I know he's not competing though) therefore Twine. I.Suk

136. Far
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 08:42:14

Gisele 8 wrote: @Ejikpyroman sorry but those boards do not exist, since it is a 100% accurate chart :trollface:
    Omg what? This: doesn't exist to you? :trollface: alrighty then.

137. iColor
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 09:43:28

Okay, this topic will be moderated strongly from now on. Off-topic discussion should not be here. This is WC discussion for UPSB's Team only.

138. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 16:39:08

Ivabra's qual video looks really good ...

139. Gland
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 17:55:59

I want to see @catfish in UPSB's lineup (if he still active..)

140. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 17:57:23

Good point, someoneshould contact him, he's one of our best

141. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:07:08

what about Xzelph? I think he is wt level already, he doesn't spin for jeb. What do you guys think about him?

142. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:50:42

TheAafg wrote: what about Xzelph? I think he is wt level already, he doesn't spin for jeb. What do you guys think about him?
    Hes really good and has a nice style, but not WT level IMO

143. Elune
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 13:08:41

I agree that Xzelp is a solid spinner of our board, if not one of the best :) But his spinning now lacks smt potential .... not enough to reach WT level ....

144. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 13:32:58

Shouldn't Twine be automatically admitted in the world competition since he won UPSBT11? At least that's how it was for Vic. Whatever, he'll get in. Dream (obvious) Line-up ------------------ Eriror Penja Twine i.suk hippo (great for theme-heavy battles) anyone else {blah,miyat,Xzelph,catfish}

145. Ivabra
    Date: Tue, Oct 18 2011 15:16:21

Me = anyone else =D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qagtSq6GGgw If someone wanna see it here are my three combos for qualifications ^^

146. miyat
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 04:05:33

[video=youtube;wzwSvtApZqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzwSvtApZqk[/video] uhhhh yeah and Ivabra I think you will make it Edit: Do I need to send this to someone? @JC

147. King
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 04:53:49

Ivabra or miyat.... I feel like miyat might be better in themes? But im not that familiar with ivabra's spinning.

148. JC
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 18:30:26

@miyat, email to [email][email protected][/email]

149. MinEste
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 18:42:08

try to get in contact with @Shadowserpant

150. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Oct 20 2011 01:27:32

ugh...thought we were only meant to send in 1 clip? D; everyone is sending in mini solos.

151. spinford
    Date: Thu, Oct 20 2011 02:59:18

I dont know about miyat. it looks too simple IMO. I advise him to just prepare one combo with all his techniques rather than freestyles

152. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:51:20

well . ill probably send in a couple of clips then. and im putting in music too <3

153. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Oct 21 2011 07:12:41

[video=youtube;20E6-PAtXog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20E6-PAtXog[/video] my submission

154. Greenman
    Date: Sat, Oct 22 2011 15:49:47

I really liked the 1p2h transfer at the end :D Great job!

155. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 11:54:00

my application: [video=youtube;VJ4CtsnSXeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ4CtsnSXeQ&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

156. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:03:28

here's mine... so average... [video=youtube;AheDgb1CZ1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AheDgb1CZ1Y[/video]

157. Shadowserpant
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 22:43:53

MinEste wrote: try to get in contact with @Shadowserpant
    haha, i am most definitely not up to par. i've regressed in skill

158. Twine
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 23:23:56

@neoknux_009 I looooooooooove your spinning and linkages and everything but pleeeaaaaassse you need to be smoother :(

159. Tomohiro
    Date: Sun, Oct 23 2011 23:41:34

[video=youtube;qmQBYmqfrqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmQBYmqfrqI[/video] i tried... heh

160. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Oct 24 2011 01:18:56

[QUOTE=Twine;145079]@Tomohiro i really liked this combo!!!!! so confident and pro like.

161. Nashi
    Date: Mon, Oct 24 2011 21:58:58

I know, it is actually too late...but I hope, I can still submit this. (Read video describtion for explanation stuff) [video=youtube;wR-9LYKLPps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR-9LYKLPps[/video]

162. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 07:04:47

ooo better watch ek. nashi is cathing up x)

163. Eruption
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 07:59:24

whoa so pro :D

164. Jolly
    Date: Tue, Oct 25 2011 08:26:32

very nice Nashi! You know how much I like your linkings! (and "Scheibenwischer") :) so good luck! PS: hehe I'm mentioned in the description ;)

165. JC
    Date: Wed, Oct 26 2011 02:49:19

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I was confused and mixed up some dates. Our community only needs to register by November, and we don't need our spinners by then yet. So we still have quite a bit more time to settle the spinner selection process. So I changed the deadline for clip submission to December 18th. I'm sorry if the people who submitted clips already have been inconvenienced by the earlier deadline and rushed to get a clip in, but this is the new deadline. Again, sorry about that guys...

166. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Oct 26 2011 03:05:01

JC wrote: Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I was confused and mixed up some dates. Our community only needs to register by November, and we don't need our spinners by then yet. So we still have quite a bit more time to settle the spinner selection process. So I changed the deadline for clip submission to December 18th. I'm sorry if the people who submitted clips already have been inconvenienced by the earlier deadline and rushed to get a clip in, but this is the new deadline. Again, sorry about that guys...
    hmm, i always thought the 'evaluation clips' formerly due on 23rd october was to prove we had 6 'world class' spinners and we'd be valid to register at all in first place (rather than for the actual team selection) w/e, more time to film...maybe an actual solo this time

167. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Oct 26 2011 18:04:24

Well in that case, i try to make a better vid.

168. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Oct 27 2011 00:45:45

JC wrote: Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I was confused and mixed up some dates. Our community only needs to register by November, and we don't need our spinners by then yet. So we still have quite a bit more time to settle the spinner selection process. So I changed the deadline for clip submission to December 18th. I'm sorry if the people who submitted clips already have been inconvenienced by the earlier deadline and rushed to get a clip in, but this is the new deadline. Again, sorry about that guys...
    .......... ;_;

169. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Oct 27 2011 02:19:36

Ugh, don't want to retype my previous post -.- @Tomohiro: Your combo was pretty good. You should consider changing your camera to display your arounds a bit more compared to the rest of your combo. Also, consider adding tricks that are more "hand-involved" such as the twisted cobra bite and the hai tua to your arsenal, or even just move your hand a little bit more. I feel like I'm watching a robot spin sometimes.

170. catfish
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 00:08:03

awwww is it too late too try out for this??

171. Nashi
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 00:16:28

If you wanna send a vid for qualification, nope it is not too late. DL is 18th of december now. :3

172. catfish
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 00:29:33

ohh alright shoots thanks

173. midniteferret
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 00:50:31

I say miyat...but hey I'm a novice XD

174. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 10:46:27

I sent my qualification video one month ago, do I have to send it again or it's ok?

175. iColor
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 11:05:20

Ivabra wrote: I sent my qualification video one month ago, do I have to send it again or it's ok?
    It's okay, we got it. ^^

176. Ivabra
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 11:18:56

ok thanks for answering :)

177. iColor
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 03:27:03

Bumping for notice: Deadline is still: [color=red]December 18th[/color]! Send in your videos by then!

178. 34rryy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:13:24

I'm a world class pen spinner. Where do I sign up?

179. midniteferret
    Date: Mon, Dec 5 2011 17:11:53

@34rryy read the past posts man...

180. Nashi
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 19:18:48

So when will the spinners for upsb be announced?

181. iColor
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 19:50:46

The spinners will be announced when the WC lineups are due. (January 13th)

182. SA1
    Date: Sat, Jan 7 2012 20:55:27

What is still up for discussion though is how you would like for us to go about picking our 6 spinners. Would you guys like it to be completely based on clips that spinners send us? Or would you guys like for the moderating team to pick part of the team, and then have clips submitted for wildcard spots?
    this one

183. Twine
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 07:02:51

Why can't we just release this shit now? Who gives a fuck

184. iColor
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 07:48:21

Twine wrote: Why can't we just release this shit now? Who gives a fuck
    We're still deciding on our line-up.