UPSB v4

Member Introductions / whats up guys, im christian from california!

1. christian
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 16:55:12

Hey im from the bay and "started" (like competitive) pen spinning about a year ago now, although ive been doing thumbarounds since 8th grade. but i "stopped" after like 4 months because there wasnt anything left for me to learn except for power tricks. and when i mean stop, i mean like i stopped using mods and i stopped practicing. but ive come back to the site now and this time im gonna learn the power tricks and work on my fluidity. its good to see my skills have not diminished. About me:Im from the bay area, im filipino, im a junior in high school, and i also like to dance. im maybe the biggest otaku in my school lol! over like 250 different anime series watched, and like 180 different manga read (cant wait for the fall season of anime!) get to know me because im really nice and funny (at least i think so lol) and ive got that OTAKU SWAG!

2. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 18:17:31

@christian :welcome: back to UPSB. Now about power tricking IMO, it's best to learn AND master everything else first other than power tricks. Otherwise, you're going to quit pen spinning again. Just a suggestion. :)

3. Kari
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 18:37:34

Welcome Back to UPSB! ^_^ I hope you never quit again.

4. Dris
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 18:38:15

Welcome! And glad to see you pick up a pen again! As JackyMacky said, there are a lot of tricks and hybrids to learn, not just power tricks, go for them first! Fellow dancers! Yes! (Says the person who can't dance for crap even though he tries). Well, I've lost count of how much anime and manga I've watched/read. XD ENJOY your stay. ~Dris

5. Wisp
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 19:01:15

Suiseiseki says hi. Desu~

6. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 21:13:53

i'm jewish

7. Adventus99
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 21:33:51

:welcome: back to UPSB. Have a good time... again. :P

8. gyrobius
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 22:20:52

Stay sexy!

9. wotu1
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:15:49

Youre filipino? YOU ARE NOW MY BEST FRIEND. xD (im only half filipino anyways :P) Anyways, welcome to upsb =D

10. funnky
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 23:49:05

hi

11. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 04:13:15

We have another Filipino here by the name Christian also :) Welcome!

12. Mufoofee
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 04:25:16

Hi Christian from California! :welcome: Stay cool and fresh and everything should work out fine. :thumb:

13. MUSIIX
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 05:00:29

:welcome: (back) to UPSB! :) You're gonna love it.

14. christian
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 19:52:44

yeah thanks guys for the warm welcome! ive never really stopped, i just stopped using mods and going to this site. but yeah its good to be back! as for fundamentals and hybrids, ive gotten like all of them down already. like a year ago me and some of my friends were all into it. we competed with each other and soon because of that drive to be better than each other, we got pretty good in a few months. then other ppl started pen spinning at our school and they are a bunch of noobs so it got kinda boring and uncool. so my friends stopped and so i guess i stopped too. but i dont wanna follow any trend, i pen spin because im good at it and i want to show the noobs up. i love when they ask "WOW how do you do that!" and my reply is "i spin the pen by manipulating it using my fingers" and then they get this look that says "you're a douche" and i just laugh lolol i use an mx^2 from penwish and i also use a purple buster cyl and my own personal vic got game except the colors are...uh huh you know what it is BLACK and YELLOW! because of the song and because its my school colors. Mountain View SPARTANS! yeah im 3/4 filipino and a quarter spanish but i speak fluent tagalog and bicol, because even though i was born here tagalog was the first language i learned. I also know japanese because im taking japanese 3 right now. Im not even a good dancer myself lol. but im in our dance spectrum, which we are really famous for.

15. christian
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 20:00:53

also everyone seems to be interested in gloving and giving light show! anyone here good at that?

16. yoppi000
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 02:01:00

welcome ima noob maybe u could help me out xD

17. christian
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 17:45:23

yeah sure! but the ppl i refer to aren't just noobs because they just started its because alot of them are losers in general and they fail at life.

18. hoiboy
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 03:39:12

christian wrote: yeah thanks guys for the warm welcome! ive never really stopped, i just stopped using mods and going to this site. but yeah its good to be back! as for fundamentals and hybrids, ive gotten like all of them down already. like a year ago me and some of my friends were all into it. we competed with each other and soon because of that drive to be better than each other, we got pretty good in a few months. then other ppl started pen spinning at our school and they are a bunch of noobs so it got kinda boring and uncool. so my friends stopped and so i guess i stopped too. but i dont wanna follow any trend, i pen spin because im good at it and i want to show the noobs up. i love when they ask "WOW how do you do that!" and my reply is "i spin the pen by manipulating it using my fingers" and then they get this look that says "you're a douche" and i just laugh lolol i use an mx^2 from penwish and i also use a purple buster cyl and my own personal vic got game except the colors are...uh huh you know what it is BLACK and YELLOW! because of the song and because its my school colors. Mountain View SPARTANS! yeah im 3/4 filipino and a quarter spanish but i speak fluent tagalog and bicol, because even though i was born here tagalog was the first language i learned. I also know japanese because im taking japanese 3 right now. Im not even a good dancer myself lol. but im in our dance spectrum, which we are really famous for.
    nice me and blahblahting are from monta vista, and there are a bunch of us that hold gatherings around the bay area occasionally

19. christian
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 05:26:10

hoiboy wrote: nice me and blahblahting are from monta vista, and there are a bunch of us that hold gatherings around the bay area occasionally
    yeah hoiboy i remember you from the first time around i joined here. it was the socal gathering or something right lol?

20. kungfumaster1111
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 06:22:49

:O ive been doing thumbarounds since 8th grade too. some friend taught me and ive been doing it until a few weeks ago, until i looked up pen spinning out of boredom. got into it :D im from cali too

21. Kanon
    Date: Sat, Oct 8 2011 09:07:02

:welcome: back to UPSB dude. :D