UPSB v4

General Discussion / What is Pen Spinning to you?

1. Ed
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 00:04:21

Here's a question everyone here at UPSB should answer: What is Pen Spinning to you? Is it just something that relaxes you and keeps you entertained when your bored? Or is it just an awesome thing you like using to show off... Why I ask this? Simple. I'm curious lol. Personally, at the level I am right now in Pen Spinning (scale of 1-100 - I'm at 1 and a half), I think of it as a fun thing I can do with my hands and show off (Shallow right? xD), though I think that it'll become something more than that as I get better at it. Right now, I'm thinking the same as I did back in 2007, when I learnt about the Thumbaround trick from my cousin. Anyway, enough about what I think, what do you think?

2. Quake
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:02:03

Penspinning to me is just a hobby i do that keeps my hands busy. It connects me with new ppl and teaches me new things. :)

3. Danny116
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:26:12

ahh how i love philosophy LOL penspinning just become something i just do, whenever, (almost) wherever, with whatever i have. entertainment that is school proof xD

4. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:26:34

As you get better you will start to see it as an art. It is art. Just like dancing it is a way of expressing stuff, even though we never realize it. It relieves tension. Its is magic. The feeling you get when the pen moves through your fingers is absolutely bonersome.

5. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:35:41

Penspinning for me is having friends with spinners around the world and not to boast things that you already know about this to others, instead, share it to others. .

6. RicLu98
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:55:03

penspinning is my life

7. YUi
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:56:01

Pen spinning is my girl friend, i will forver love her and never stop doing her :trollface:

8. browndog12
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:56:38

TheAafg wrote: As you get better you will start to see it as an art. It is art. Just like dancing it is a way of expressing stuff, even though we never realize it. It relieves tension. Its is magic. The feeling you get when the pen moves through your fingers is absolutely bonersome.
    i vomited with joy when i saw that last word

9. gyrobius
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 02:38:38

I've never really answered a question like this... so here goes.. To me, pen spinning is sort of a way to connect myself with other people who are interested in something I'm into. It's also a pretty fun thing to do, a reason to show off, and something I could get other people into. So there.

10. FusionX
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 02:41:42

It's very entertaining to do, and you can even teach others too. It's cool meeting other people who also pen spins either in your school or in public.

11. penmodzilla21
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 02:47:38

pen spinning to me is a lifestyle choice i love doing it its fun and super cool and all my friends want to know how and its fun to teach them new tricks and new combos i think i will never stop spinning

12. Koza
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 03:17:12

Expression.

13. funnky
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 03:47:51

DJSpin wrote: Penspinning to me is just a hobby i do that keeps my hands busy. It connects me with new ppl and teaches me new things. :)
    yep

14. King
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 04:19:29

Its fun. And I enjoy fun things.

15. mapjay
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 04:58:20

exercises fingers.i like doing things that aren't very common and psing is one of them. get to connect to many different kind of people and can make some(or lose some) money. and improves cutting :D

16. 7ygy
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 06:37:22

Penspinning to me is mostly just an odd hobby, but it's also a neat way to meet new people (often from totally different cultures, which is really cool) and a nice thing to show off and teach to my friends.

17. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 06:46:11

something enjoyable to spend time on, something interesting to get my mind to train new ideas, the persistence and joy of failing repeatedly at a trick/combo and then succeeding; it is also a good way to relieve stress/boredom/misery, as it is one of the few times when my mind can be entirely concentrated purely on the one thing i am doing xD

18. wings
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 07:17:59

Pen spinning is art and a unique hobby :)

19. Krypton
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 07:33:51

After spinning for a while, and being at the age of 17, I treat spinning as a hobby that I shouldn't prioritise now, as I used to do. And I think I've lost some motivation but will still continue to spin for some years to come. Before getting into spinning, I was cubing and it was competitive with a clear winner, based on times. But I've also learnt to appreciate penspinning as an art. An art with amzing finger contortions and dexterity as well as dynamic styles and genres, like music and well, art. Two opposing styles like Hippo and Dongza, but they're both penspinning. This is what I kinda like. Styles with polar-opposite differences and appeals but uses the same basic tricks. tl;dr ;____;

20. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 08:08:02

Personally I see pen spinning as a way to connect with people all around the world. It's a beautiful thing having something to connect opposing countries by one simple hobby. Even though I am really shy in person I love meeting new people on here. Other than that I am always messing with something in my hands so pen spinning is a great way to relieve that urge to play with something. (not dirty). I also love doing odd things that most people don't do. Pen spinning is one of those amazingly odd things that makes us unique from everybody else. I hope I never stop psing. ^_^

21. Twine
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 09:21:27

Just something I mindlessly do. Nothing more, maybe less lol

22. Jolly
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 13:25:03

a hobby, a compensation and sth not everyone can do.

23. MondPs
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 00:00:04

Pen spinning is some kind of entertainment that we can practice from time to time..:) :)

24. EINTKALILFG
    Date: Sat, Apr 14 2012 08:21:16

Answered before so I'll quote myself... " A medium through which aggression and anger may be tendered in the hopes of creating something beautiful. Show me a person seeped in motivation, wounded by regret, and bitter at the inertia of an existence slowed by apathy, and I'll show you a person that, through the escapism afforded by creativity, survives and thrives on the requirement of absolute dedication."

25. Sc00t
    Date: Sat, Apr 14 2012 15:33:19

EINTKALILFG wrote: Answered before so I'll quote myself... " A medium through which aggression and anger may be tendered in the hopes of creating something beautiful. Show me a person seeped in motivation, wounded by regret, and bitter at the inertia of an existence slowed by apathy, and I'll show you a person that, through the escapism afforded by creativity, survives and thrives on the requirement of absolute dedication."
    well not necessarily, although that could be true.. penspinning is like drawing, everyone has their own reasons

26. Lucid
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 04:18:15

It is a good pass time, but it is my favorite thing

27. lilaznkid240
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 04:40:23

Its a godamn curse. I cannot not pick up a pen and do a thumbaround or something haha but honestly its a unique hobby which keeps my hands occupied

28. Cubesnail
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 04:55:01

Something fun to do in class that teachers cannot get mad at you for.

29. Far
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:15:01

It's something, a hobby, that's really fun to do.