UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / What I can only explain as some sort of moonwalk hai tua... reverse?

1. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 01:04:04

Howdy all, this is a bit of an old one... some of you may remember an old video I uploaded about this one... got a few comments, i remember Vic spent a while trying to get the trick down too. I've gone back to trying it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHAJRCSyKM [video=youtube;AMHAJRCSyKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHAJRCSyKM[/video] as in the comments: "looking closer at it, it seems a bit like a counter of some sort... neobak 12-umm... 4? to counter something TA related..." any other opinions on this one? anyone seen this done before? :S

2. DArKT
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 01:33:10

So,the BD for this is like:Neobak12-34>baktap(pinky)>Pinkybakrev>TA 0.5??

3. funnky
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 02:01:33

sick

4. RicLu98
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 02:20:54

thats really cool

5. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 02:39:04

Ummm, [B]neobak 12-34~>fingerless pinky thumbaround or [PD] neobak12-34~>[PS] fl ta[/B] that's how I would break it. Re-watching i'm pretty confident that's what it is. ------ edit: @DArKT Analyzing your BD

Neobak12-34>baktap(pinky)>Pinkybakrev>TA 0.5??
    check,> I don't see any baktap happening, just a hand twist from PD to PS > hand side is an awkward position for a pinkybak, most likely an around, see the "symmetrical bak" which is [pinkybakrev~>flta] the hand twist is done after the pinkybak, flpinky around seems to fit the push better as well > ta .5?... like a half tap? seems a bit redundant, and there is no visible push. Also, I'm unsure whether you are meaning to use ~ or - before your >'s. I think you're conveying the general idea of the motions but doesn't look accurate to me.

6. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 02:54:05

I remember working on this awhile back also. Never got it down. I don't think it's really a counter though but it does look a bit abrupt since there clear change in direction. I thought moonwalk meant doing the trick in the regular direction but starting at the end slot and finishing at the beginning slot?

7. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 02:56:07

I don't believe it's a counter either, it looks like the motion of a fl pinky around and palm direction change to me.

8. Iota
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:03:48

Actually, it is a counter in the sense that the motion of the pen is directly reversed (try it, youll see the feeling of how it'd have to do that to go around the way his does). I broke it down as something like this, one of many ways: Neobak 12-xx (xx as in doesnt matter, you can call it B as in back of hand for clarification) ~ FL TA B-TF (think TA's like 34-TF, same thing but the alternative start slot is the back of hand, and fingerless) Very awesome, very hard, i feel how it works but i can't get it just yet. also, i feel like it'd be way harder with heavier pens, i didn't even bother attempting more than a few with my KT.

9. funnky
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:12:25

pretty sick trick.

10. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:19:12

@Iota, if you look closely at 4s you can see the "finger wave" you were referring to, looks like a charge like push to me but idk.

11. Iota
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:26:13

nope, like i said in SB, since it starts palm side, the only way to get it out of 12 without another charge and as cleanly as he does is via a bak-like starting push, making it a neobak. also, if he notated the start as neobak, it should be obvious what push it was he did, since he was the one that felt it >.>

12. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:36:26

i dno how neobak vs shadow rev is still an issue =\ they're both pretty much the same trick with different push... this one however is a neobak

13. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:38:11

@Iota,http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=Expanded_hand_notation which would mean [B]neobak 12-B~ fingerless thumbaround B-tf[/B] is the most correct informal notation. However I feel as though [B]neobak 12-34~ fingerless thumbaround 4-tf[/B] would better describe the counter/ apparent pinky push seen in the video. Either way is correct though.

14. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 05:46:00

I'd say the Baktap is not an accurate description, because no fingers were used to stop the pen's motion. All I saw was a Neobak, and then the hand shifted to be in a position for a Pinkybak rev.

15. DArKT
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 16:44:17

shoeman6 wrote: Ummm, [B]neobak 12-34~>fingerless pinky thumbaround or [PD] neobak12-34~>[PS] fl ta[/B] that's how I would break it. Re-watching i'm pretty confident that's what it is. ------ edit: @DArKT Analyzing your BD check,> I don't see any baktap happening, just a hand twist from PD to PS > hand side is an awkward position for a pinkybak, most likely an around, see the "symmetrical bak" which is [pinkybakrev~>flta] the hand twist is done after the pinkybak, flpinky around seems to fit the push better as well > ta .5?... like a half tap? seems a bit redundant, and there is no visible push. Also, I'm unsure whether you are meaning to use ~ or - before your >'s. I think you're conveying the general idea of the motions but doesn't look accurate to me.
    Whell,Yeah,I'm not the best in BD's...<_<...what imean to use was like,the baktap is used as a motios to the Pinkybak rev...

16. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 16:59:37

that is really cool

17. Nyx
    Date: Sat, Sep 17 2011 10:13:30

Great trick.

18. fel2fram
    Date: Sat, Sep 17 2011 10:26:11

Neoback 12-4* > ThumbHandBack rev 1.0 4*-T1 I don't call it hybrid cause it's like a Neoback 12-34 > ThumbIndexMidRingBack rev 34-T1, that wouldn't be an hybrid.