UPSB v4

General Discussion / WC'12 Breakdown Team - Interest Thread

1. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:14:54

As many of you know, the breakdown team from WT'11 failed because of a general lack of commitment among members. I am willing to try the project again, provided we have a good amount of breakers that can stay committed for the entire time. For those of you that don't know, the breakdown team is a group of people who break down combos from famous collaborations, and in our case, tournaments. There is a big big commitment this year because WC means that the first however many rounds have the same amount of spinners, and the final rounds also have more spinners. There will, for obvious reasons, be an entrance test, probably a combo from a previous international event. This is only an interest thread only. If you'd like to do this, please post here. Edit: Special thanks to Hippo2626 last year, who probably did the most work. FAQ Q. How committed do I have to be? A. I would like you to be committed for the entire time. However, if you feel that you cannot handle the workload, you can request to be a substitute or to only break certain rounds. Q. How long do we have each round to break? A. Last year, we aimed to release each round's breaks before the next round began. However, I have realized that this goal creates unnecessary stress in the team, so I am currently contemplating a system where we have multiple groups breaking different rounds at overlapping time periods. Again, this will depend on the number of breakers available. Q. I am a returning member. Do I need to retake the test? A. I will waive the test if I feel like you have been keeping your break skills up to date. Q. I have never broken a combo before, can I join? A. Short answer, no. However, if you wish to practice in order to join, you may try your luck in the Breakdown Requests thread. Q. Do I get a reward? A. Not up to me. I will not be handing out cash rewards or pen rewards for this project.

2. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:16:43

Like last year I'll be a reserve if you want

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:36:51

Thanks hoiboy for starting this again!! (and welcome) I'm interested again even though last year was very tiring... I hope more will join this year it would really help!! I feel I should point this out even though it would probably deter more from joining but it's the truth... [SIZE="6"]This year would probably be even more difficult since we'll be dealing with thematic battles. 70% of the things that will come out in the artistic side will probably not be named yet and it will be a real headache to BD thus your commitment level will need to be higher[/SIZE] @hoiboy I'll try to ask around on the other boards to spread the word there as well to get more involved... By the way, do I need to take the entrance test again???

4. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 01:23:50

Hippo2626 wrote: By the way, do I need to take the entrance test again???
    I haven't decided... maybe it'll be a subjective entrance system. If I feel that your breaking is good enough from what I have seen in the breakdown requests thread, I will waive the test.

5. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 01:34:32

I'd like to sign up. I think I have enough experience to break down combos. I wanted to join last year, but i was really busy. I promise i'll commit myself to the best of my ability. Test me? XD

6. blahblahting
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:32:16

I'll do my best to participate, but like last year, I can't promise full commitment.

7. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 05:41:51

I'll be quite free next year, and I would like to join. I have broke down some combos, but I'm not very sure of my skills. Would you please have a look and decide? I shall be quite committed.

8. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 15:10:33

the creativity round will be almost impossible to break down...(even if broken down, hard to understand by other people)

9. fel2fram
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 14:45:07

okay, let's go :p

10. Tache
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 15:33:58

I sign up ! Tache from FPSB =)

11. Elune
    Date: Sun, Sep 25 2011 15:44:19

lol we have fel2fram here we can BD all combos in Creativity Round =)))

12. Greendrago10
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 16:20:44

I'm interested in bding combos ><

13. hoiboy
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 00:11:17

I don't know if this is enough, I'm very close to closing this project for this year.