UPSB v4

Off-topic / usb mini receiver stuck in laptop

1. SJ
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 22:47:37

so i dropped my lappy while sleeping on the side where it has the mini receiver. so it got stuck... as you can see its in pretty far. and it doesnt work cuz its in so deep. (sure, thats what she said) i tried using a plier to get it out but to no avail any ideas? i tried opening up the laptop in an attempt to "push" out the receiver but my lappy wouldnt open even after i unscrewed everything lol

2. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 23:05:06

Pliers like crazy is the best answer gonna end up breaking the usb mini but that's what ya gotta do

3. sangara
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 23:07:39

Get a flathead screwdriver and gently wedge it between your laptop and mini receiver. If this doesn't work, I have more ideas.

4. Colin
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 23:15:16

Xacto knife? knife? paring knife? :dunno:

5. SJ
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 23:51:13

sangara wrote: Get a flathead screwdriver and gently wedge it between your laptop and mini receiver. If this doesn't work, I have more ideas.
    more ideas please lol

6. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:13:26

Why is nobody even remotely careful with their laptops? they're portable and somewhat durable but still very breakable... especially if you have something sticking out of them... back on topic: make sure there's nothing you can see that's keeping it locked in... considering you dropped it, something may have snapped and wedged itself in, in a way that's holding the usb in... see if you can remove that in any way... with that gone, you're just gonna need to pull on it. There's a chance you wont be able to get it out at all, if you do, the USB port will probably never work again anyway... if all else fails you can most likely take it to a computer tech and he can open the laptop up and remove it from the inside or just replace the USB port. glhf

7. funnky
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:20:45

sucks for you. buy a new lap top :trollface:

8. Mufoofee
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:27:42

Pliers or use your mouth. Or go to best buy as a last resort. :dunno:

9. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:59:18

something related just happened to me! my dad was using his usb, it working fine, plug it in the laptop from the computer, it stops working Dx

10. SJ
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 03:59:31

so i ended going to geeksquad... took it out but now my usb ports are dead. lmao.

11. sangara
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 04:11:10

FUCK, I wish I had seen this sooner, I would have listed more things :(

12. SJ
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 05:51:51

sangara wrote: FUCK, I wish I had seen this sooner, I would have listed more things :(
    LOL just list em for the lulz