UPSB v4

Member Introductions / New to pen-spinning!

1. xdaragon
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 03:41:07

Hey everyone! I'm new to pen-spinning (obviously) Anyways it caught my attention when I saw a kid in my school do it, so I decided to learn too! I do have some dexterity from cubing! (I'm a cuber :) .) Anyways I wanted to ask what are a few basic tricks I should learn to start off with? Second where can I get a real pen to use for pen-spinning? I think that's it for now. Thanks! ~Xdaragon

2. MickChickenn
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 03:56:02

For a new pen, go to www.penwish.com and buy an MX or a Metallic Comssa. Stay away from Buster CYL, Vicgotgame Mod, Dr. KT or anything else heavy. For tricks, learn all the fundamentals (fingerpass, thumbaround, charge, and sonic plus the reverses of all those) Welcome to UPSB.

3. gyrobius
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 03:56:06

Learn the fundamentals: Fingerpass, Charge, Sonic, and Thumbaround. Also, welcum.

4. xdaragon
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 04:08:24

Alright so nothing heavy and thanks! I learned the sonic! I can do it like 30% of the time xD. I'll work on it... Are there any pens I could make at home that would be good for a beginner? I looked around on youtube earlier, and a lot of people were using G-2's? Which apparently, I have a whole box of them at home XD.

5. Adventus99
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 04:45:40

:welcome: to UPSB. G-2s are good for mods. If you have whole box of them as you say you do you can make plenty of mods from them. Other household pens you may find laying around could be Bic Round Stics and R.S.V.P.s, which could be used to make BICtorys and R.S.V.P. MXs, respectively. Anyway, enjoy your stay. :)

6. gash113
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 05:50:24

Welcome to UPSB :)

7. Eruption
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 07:42:38

firstly, welcome to UPSB, secondly you should learn all the fundamentals and their reverses, thirdly, a homemade pen for beginners is a bictory (this is good because as you proceed in penspinning you can add grips to it for more weight) or if you really can't be bothered you can buy a RSVP mx or a metallic comssa on penwish.

8. aaron12345
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 08:59:02

nice name does it mean dara+g dragon?? btw welcome to UPSB i'm aaron.

9. Wisp
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 09:25:40

Welcome to UPSB :welcome: Spinning should be easy if you're a cuber then! Have a nice time

10. xdaragon
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 21:26:31

aaron12345 wrote: nice name does it mean dara+g dragon?? btw welcome to UPSB i'm aaron.
    Nice to meet you Aaron! :) Oh haha my user name? When I was really young, I was registering for a game, and I wanted my username to be xdragon. Although I accidentally hit another a after "xd", and it became xdaragon.There isn't that much significance to it but that's how it came to be. I also wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I can tell it's already very similar to the cubing community where everyone is so friendly! (and noobs need to use the search bar) I hope one day that I can get good at pen spinning, and all of you can say I remember when he was a noob. :) Also is there a mod where I only use G-2's? I looked around my house, and those are the only kinds of pens I have. (Btw I did use the search function, but I couldn't get anything to pull up.)