UPSB v4

Battlezone / SSS & Vuquangtam vs Alvaris & Fx

1. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 09:57:34

@LSP.SSS & Vuquangtam: [video=youtube;llllnj79sXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llllnj79sXo[/video] Alvaris & Fx: [video=youtube;PePhBt5TbqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PePhBt5TbqQ[/video] Good luck! :D /notvoting

2. LSP.SSS
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:48:49

Wow @@, your style is cool, @Fx, good luck :D

3. mapjay
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:57:41

epic man :D

4. Elune
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:07:06

Rarely have I seen such an epic battle xDDDDDD Great job guys xDDDDD

5. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:39:26

where's the transfers in the tags? wth, unless this isn't a 'tag' battle even when there are 2 spinners in each vid :P other than that, very good both teams ^^

6. LongCK
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 16:51:11

very cool, nice

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 16:58:35

Wow @_@ great combos on both sides.

8. FusionX
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 03:56:32

I really like SSS's style. It's just so awesome.

9. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:20:12

I'm very surprised with the results. To me it's pretty clear that Alva and Fx's doubles were better. Since this is a doubles battle, there's a whole aspect of complementing combos to consider. (even without this aspect i think their combos would win) If you look at the styles FX and alva's styles go hand in hand. It's amazing how similar they are. SSS and Vuquangtam style were very different. One's power tricky and the other is snows copy. The transitions were very bad but at least FX and alva had similar angles and the transitions seem to fade nicely with the hands being in the same position. Only thing was Alva's combo sort of overpowered Fx's combos a little. In terms of everything else, Alva and FX still overshadow Vuquangtam and SSS. Presentation and execution were better. Creativity was much higher since SSS copied Snow and Vuquangtam was mainly power tricky. Difficulty was about the same Alva and Fx brought difficulty in terms of linkages but also tricks. Vuquangtam and SSS had more FL stuff and difficulty in tricks only

10. song
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:50:49

+1 alva and fx.harder linkages,and nice style.its awesome to see how similar they are.they are probably one of the best tags that i have seen so far

11. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 11:22:43

contrary to the previous few replies, i feel that the complementary nature of SSS and vuquangtam's video was a bit better than alvaris and fx's this is because the VNPSB team's tag showed that both spinners were 'necessary' in the tag, as they demonstrated very different skills, each displaying their own specialty (although vuquangtam's ending could be improved quite a bit from the 'power' perspective, the separation of aerial hai tua fall into its individual components reduces difficulty heapsss); the combination of SSS and vuquangtam made an effective tag because each combo shows an increase in skill over the previous; however, vuq's style is not refined (especially palmspins finger position) compared to SSS' more artistic style...and spinners' camera setups too different, which lowers effectiveness significantly in terms of linkages, the vietnamese team didn't show much unusual stuff (vuq's power is pretty standard, for someone who can do 200+ palmspin ~ fl ta, he could add some index pun new or harder variations to mix things up a bit, and SSS' spinning is quite similar to snow's...that being said, there aren't many spinners who have made combos which copy snow's style/2h use that closely)...while the tag is effective in skills displayed and 'flashy', it doesn't seem to hold much material when analysed more closely...and the styles were a bit too different to make effectiveness high on the other hand, both alvaris and fx are linkage based spinners with a very similar style/setup, and the placement of alvaris' combo first in the video inevitably lead me to 'compare' the 2 spinners, with alvaris' linkages being superior to fx's, and alvaris had more refined style (although i'm pretty sure alvaris has been spinning a bit longer than fx); this made the tricks the spinners chose extremely ineffective (as 'effectiveness' reduced due to overlap of skills/style, combining the 2 combos in a tag vid did not make the spinners complement each other in any way imo, kinda like alvaris spinning twice or fx spinning twice with a few modifications) it's good to have 2 spinners with 'similar' styles and trick choice (as long as they display a clear difference in what they show in tag...kinda contradictory lol; think peem and supa, s777 and anikis - while the teams can be classified as 'power' and 'linkage' on broad terms, there's enough differences in what they do to make tags effective imo) difficulty: i'm not really sure, because it takes a lot of time and solid practice to raise power to a high level, and the simpler aspects of snow's 2h spinning aren't as hard to copy as you might think (excluding 2p1h, some transfers and sync/desnc); but executing alvaris' and fx's linkages that nicely is not easy either...i'm not really sure whose difficulty is higher execution: seems to be similar (i.e. i'm too lazy to pick out small hesitations/minor mistakes), no big mistakes of note... creativity: transfers for both tags were basically non-existent =__=" (wrecked point of a doubles vid). SSS is creative in the way that no one mirrors snow's trick selection and style that much, but that also makes him uncreative because nearly all the major elements he used were from snow's videos; vuq's power was quite conventional...alvaris' and fx's links are cool, but i've seen them doing that kinda stuff before xD --> alvaris and fx's creativity is higher appeal: SSS has good appeal, i don't like vuq's power style and angle though. alvaris and fx both had pretty nice styles, lighting could be better...about equal effectiveness: transfers --> zero :P how tricks/skills complement: SSS and vuq better; how styles complement: Alvaris and Fx better --> i'd give SSS and vuq a slight advantage... --> final decision = null. xD

12. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 02:59:26

two more days til deadline~

13. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 03:31:30

SSS= SNOW COPY. Good thing Im a giant snow fan. +1

14. Krypton
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 03:36:00

MickChickenn wrote: SSS= SNOW COPY. Good thing Im a[B] giant snow fan[/B]. +1
    ._.

15. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 03:38:33

Krypton wrote: http://www.lenkousa.com/assets/images/snow-fan-gun.jpg ._.
    lol. is that supposed to be a snow machine?

16. Elune
    Date: Fri, Sep 16 2011 05:36:39

it's a giant fan which blows out snow =))))) ---> giant snow fan =))

17. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 13:46:22

hmm woah so close results O_O 10-11.. nice battling with you guys, and thanks for the constructive criticisms :D

18. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, Sep 20 2011 22:16:42

This is my [B]opinion[/B]...SSS nice 1p2h but the level of difficulty and creativity are pretty low. Yeah the spinning is fancy but the linkage is not that original. I've seen the last battle of SSS and it was basically the same combo with little differences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWZYT3Jtb-E&feature=player_embedded NOT HATING here!!! IF you guys compare this vid and the last vid it started like this: two hands coming out then some simple tricks, 2 hand trasition, some OK linkages, more two-hand stuff and finish with power tricks. Again I'm not hating just state what I think. Yes the two hand stuff was difficult but it's not as hard as learning pun new or something. I like Alvaris and Fx more because they have their style and it's not easy to do what they did. Plus it was creative. So 1+ for Alvaris and Fx