UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Death

1. Kirby
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 04:17:35

1.Are you scared to die? 2. Is there a point to life? 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? 4. Do you believe in afterlife? 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) 8. How do you want to die? Answer these and discouss any thoughts about death. The idea of it terrifies me. not thinking, I can't imagine it. I don't know if there is an afterlife. I hope in the future the design something that keeps people from dying. I want to die in a fun accident. Like sky diving or something. (Summing up my answers to the questions)

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 14:26:03

1.Are you scared to die? Not sure 2. Is there a point to life? It depends on your views 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? No. Enjoyment is relative as well. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Yes. And it depends what you mean by life... and after. it's naive to think that once you die everything is gone. your actions, other peoples actions etc. in the physical world, you still live on, only not as apart of a single being. spiritual world, i'm a christian, so i believe in heaven and hell. What that means however, no one knows. but we'll all see. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Yes, if humans dont kill themselves first. And what is death?... it's just a change, people change... people need to get a better view of what death really is. You may not die, but you will still change. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Read the bible, think about death. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) I believe that people will be sad that i'm dead. Other people will continue living. My body will decay and all the cells that came together to make my body while it was alive will separate and i'll have existed. My soul will be judged, and only God knows what will happen. Also i am not sure if conscious and soul are the same thing... I think a consioense arizes from a physical and electrical material tangeable thing in this world, but the soul is something that continues. 8. How do you want to die? It doesn't matter once you get there.

3. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 14:46:54

1.Are you scared to die? not really, but i don't want to die if i haven't completed my life's purpose (idk what that is atm though) 2. Is there a point to life? I think there is, others may beg to differ. Everyone can do their bit to make this world a 'better' place... 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? you should try to change your outlook on events/life etc, do not suicide =\ enjoyment is up to your mindset 4. Do you believe in afterlife? yes (i am christian), but what this afterlife is like i don't think any living person knows. someone once said to me that hell might be cold (metaphorically), as all the emotional 'warmth' of love, hope and the like are gone forever. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? you can delay death, preventing it may be possible in 100 years or so, if humankind lasts that long. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? I believe there is something greater, more important than this life, and dying is just a step to get there. If you think there is nothing after death, it makes it a lot scarier for some. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) at some point God will judge me/my soul and determine my fate (and send me to heaven or hell). between my death and that judgment, idk. 8. How do you want to die? quickly and without pain...

4. thnikk
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 14:58:58

no no no no no It's not scary to begin with ...you die, that's it something amazingly awesome [video=youtube;b2qmNFZwPD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2qmNFZwPD0[/video]

5. crinix
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 02:20:50

1.Are you scared to die? -Yeah, really scared. 2. Is there a point to life? -We would not exist if not. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? -I do not really enjoy but it's not suck, too; so not suicide. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? -Yes. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? -I don't think so, technology can't create even the missing organs. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? -Nothing i guess. T_T 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) -Heaven or Hell. 8. How do you want to die? -At my sleep

6. Tetsip
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 02:41:33

1.Are you scared to die? Somewhat. What happens happens 2. Is there a point to life? Technically it is to reproduce but yeah... The point of life is to enjoy it while you have it 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? No. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? No. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Death is inevitable. Everything has to die at some point. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Don't think about it. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Nothing. You don't exist anymore. Your body returns back to the earth just like everything else that has died. 8. How do you want to die? Happy and content with my life.

7. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 03:04:26

Are you scared to die? No, and yes, im scared i might be wrong about what happens next. Is there a point? Just live. Suicide? never. Do you believe in afterlife? no. laws of mass and energy apply the same way, nothing is created nor destroyed, only transformed. Will there be a way to prevent death with technology? I've always had this vision that one day we would develop the technology to rebuild our bodies every 40 years or so in order to keep every body part healthy What do you do to make death seem less scary? Be confident about what happens afterwards. What happens when you die? i dont know. nobody knows. nobody will ever know until we find proof of what happens. its so hard to think that we control our bodies as a "soul" so to speak and then we die and nothing happens, though i think we just are transformed as mentioned above. its hard to grasp in my gut but my mind tells me that religion and afterlife are not real, only lies made to make people feel better about the world and what happens after you die instead of sitting on your deathbed thinking "im going to die and nothing will happen but i will be in an eternity of nothingness. Watch the movie "the invention of lying" you will see what i mean. How do you want to die? No regrets, no sadness, no war, no depression, no pain, only peace with the world and myself.

8. VendettaBF
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 03:59:38

1.Are you scared to die? hell fcking yes. only dying young, dying from old age isnt so scary 2. Is there a point to life? nope 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? i dont have big enough problems to suicide 4. Do you believe in afterlife? atm, im unsure. mostly because if believe in it or not in it, and it was proven that there isnt one or is one, ill look like a douchebag. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? im sure there will be a way to extend ppl's life, not so sure about immortality 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? i remember how young i am still 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) i dont want to assume anything because ill make an ass out of you and me 8. How do you want to die? of old age

9. 07 Ghost
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:07:16

1.Are you scared to die? Not really. 2. Is there a point to life? For me, it is to serve the Lord and give my life to him. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? No. That is a selfish thing to do. Think how it affects your close ones. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Yes, Heaven is close. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Dump someone in a freezer? 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Think of a beautiful meadow with birds flying and the sunshine bright and happy. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Depends if you're a Christian or not. If you are, you go to Heaven, if not God will judge you. 8. How do you want to die? I want to die smiling and without regrets next to the one whom I love most. Before you guys flame me on the whole religion thing, please do not. I understand atheism and stuff like that and how iMatt said something too. So please do not flame me.

10. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:16:57

07 Ghost wrote: 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Depends if you're a Christian or not. If you are, you go to Heaven, if not God will judge you.
    Not trying to flame you like you said, but thats typical religion, mostly christian "believe in our religion or you burn in hell" To me that sounds like god is a very unfair person O_o why would he "give" us open minds if he didnt want us to be open minded :(

11. 07 Ghost
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:17:48

He's give you the freedom of choice, so I think.

12. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:19:54

he gives us the freedom of choice but that same freedom will make us go to hell if we use common sense? D: the only way i would ever somehow believe in god is some proof. religion is crap though. all i gotta say. why do we need religion and why are there so many D:

13. 07 Ghost
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:25:20

People have different beliefs. Can you prove to me how evolution is true? Most things are merely adaptation. Take for instance a monkey. If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? Another thing is all the fossils and skeletons of animals. They could have been buried and washed away from the flood. Also, I think my bible teacher told me that there is no excuse for believing or something like that. We see creation all around us. However, some people are too ignorant. Not trying to be mean to you Wonder.

14. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:38:00

.___________. evolution is still a theory just like gravity is still a theory. a well proven theory. saying evolution isnt real is like saying gravity isnt real. I could go on a whole page about the explanation of evolution, and im guessing you go to a christian school, where they refuse to teach evolution. But either way, there's shitloads of evidence to prove evolution, and if you really want to, read up on it, read up on the 65 million year old fossil of a primate that was the ancient ancestor of both groups of lemurs, and the group of monkeys, apes, and humans. Also you could read up on remains of million year old neanderthals and the species inbetween neanderthals and humans. We didnt directly come from monkeys, but think of it this way, theres a reason why people are different colored and have different colored hair, black people became black from the extreme heat when they originated it africa, so they had to develop the black skin and hair from the vitamin D from the sun's ray to easier cope with the heat. things evolve according to their environment.

15. 07 Ghost
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 04:39:56

There's no point in arguing. I'm sorry for any rashness I may have had. However, just as you say there are lots of ways evolution is proven, there are many ways it can be unproven.

16. VendettaBF
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 05:26:58

LMAO we didnt evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor as monkeys. also how can you say that people who doesnt believe in the same god as u are ignorant? by saying that people who doesnt believe in creation are ignorants makes you sound ignorant and really arrogant. many non believers STRIVE to learn more about the world, while your faith commands you to believe in texts and prayers. if you agree with how i describe your faith, then you will also agree that your faith has led you to be ignorant. i might be wrong about this but it seems like the most ignorant people in the world are people who give absolute faith in a divine spirit that they have never encountered. the monkey thing that you said earlier shows that you chose to argue about evolution while not knowing the actual theory itself. which is also called ignorance. EDIT: i, myself know that evolution is flawed. that is why it's still a theory. i believe in the basics of the theory, about how over time species will evolve due to causes of mutations, enviroment, etc. i have a problem with the dates though. i dont believe in things like fossil dating, and many more.

17. 07 Ghost
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 05:33:34

I may be ignorant and I apologize for it. Christians talk to the Lord in prayer. I prayed about many things and have seen answers that are what I wanted. That cannot be coincidence. It has happened multiple times. Sorry for this little statement. I couldn't state it any other way.

18. iMatt
    Date: Tue, Jul 27 2010 07:42:16

Religionists see what they want to believe. They find meaning in what they think is believed to have it. Anyways, death is an experience that simply stops life. Those neural connections are still there physically, but the difference is that they stop connecting. Death is nothing more than the stoppage of neural connections. Meaning it simply ends. It's no different than going to sleep without dreaming or waking up. What scares people is the human cognitive experience ending. It's the deepest thing every person cherishes whether they'd like to admit it or not. When you take away everything from somebody including their own life you've essentially broken logic for the brain. It can't process something it hasn't experienced. Fear of the unknown. Religion for most people is their rational solution to that fear. It gives them a false sense of hope that brings them a sense of ease. I do not fear death. Life is a wonderful experience that we got the privilege to go through. Enjoy what you can where you can whenever you can. This only happens once.

19. IllDepence
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 13:01:16

1. No, why should one be scared of death? Death is the loss of all perception, so when your dead you're not able to regret something, feel bad or whatever ... you're simply dead and until then ... don't worry about it, when it's there you won't notice it. 2. There's no given meaing of life I think. Everyone has to give it its own personal meaning. The term 'not alive' applied to you billions of years before your birth. Now you have a little bit time to feel and live ... I think it can be fun so enjoy it. Objectively life is as pointless as a rock. 3. If you think life will bring you nothing but pain suicide is a solution and should be allowed. But as explained before: being alive is rare, very improbable and short ... so try to use it. 4. No. 5. Could be but it would cause a lot of problems and it would 'kill' the evolutionary process. No dying and reproduction means no genetic changes from one generation to another so no natural adaption to the environment. 6. See above. Dead = no percetion. 7. In the moment of dying your body simply gets to weak to stay alife, your organs fail, every cognitive action stops ... your dead. But you won't recogize it. 8. Suddenly, after a long and fulfilling life in a happy moment.

20. Soren
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 12:04:50

1.Are you scared to die? Not really, but if someone murders my family in front of my life, then kidnap me, and torture me, and then tell me that they are going to kill me, then i will be scared. 2. Is there a point to life? Depends on your religious views really. Im an atheist, and i think that the good thing about life is fun. Just have fun, why care about if there is a point in life. Because if there was no point in life are you going to die? Or would you rather enjoy life and have fun? 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? If you really do not enjoy life and there is no future for you, then committing suicide will definity cross your mind. But, you never know what will happen, just live on and see. Things may change for you. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Atheist, so no. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Perhaps in another thousand years. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? If you get shot, pain only last for a couple of seconds till you stop feeling anything. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) The same thing when you are asleep. When you are asleep you cant feel anything, time passes on and you dont feel anything. When you are asleep all your senses shut off, except for your hearing (thats why alarms can wake you up). But when you are dead its the same thing as sleeping, but you dont dream and your hearing is shut of. 8. How do you want to die? Painlessly i guess. Or death by saving someone's life.

21. Soren
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 12:07:51

A quick question for people who believe that there is heaven and hell after death. When you die, and go to heaven, do you go to heaven in the age that you died? So if you died of old age (lets say 90 years old), will you go to heavin as 90 years old, or do you get to choose to go to heaven and look like when you was 16, or 25 etc

22. Tialys
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 14:31:38

1.Are you scared to die? Right now, no, but that's because death is statistically improbable at my age. When I'm a geriatric or a terminal patient, maybe I'll be scared, but since I'm currently neither of those, I can't tell. 2. Is there a point to life? Yes, I believe life holds significance for everyone, even for those who don't openly admit it or feel worthless. I think we consciously and subconsciously seek this purpose as we age. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? Nah, not me, personally. Our brain is our most powerful tool. It can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven. When we allow our external circumstances to dictate our feelings is when we resort to destructive habits, including suicide. If you consider people in impoverished and ravaged countries eking out a living, you don't typically see them sad or depressed, because they have learned to achieve happiness independent of their circumstances. In our society, which is not as collectivist, this is immensely more difficult to accomplish due to cultural and societal pressure. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Yes. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Slow it down maybe, but not stop it completely. Perhaps we'll find a way to cryogenically preserve bodies for reanimation at a later date, but even then we're still only delaying the inevitable. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Assuming I feared death, I would count my blessings and pray. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) I'm Christian so I believe that I am reunited with God in heaven after death. (Within Christianity, there are differences in opinion as to the post-mortem sequence of events, but the result is the same). 8. How do you want to die? Peacefully, predictably, with my loved ones at my side. @Soren Blade Our physical body perishes and we ascend in spiritual form. We won't have a physical appearance or age in heaven.

23. Soren
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 17:55:48

@Tialys o.O and how does spiritual form look like? Just some white transparent thingy in the shape of a human?

24. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Dec 19 2010 18:25:14

Soren Blade wrote: @Tialys o.O and how does spiritual form look like? Just some white transparent thingy in the shape of a human?
    you need to think more abstractly

25. Abstinence
    Date: Wed, Dec 22 2010 06:38:38

1.Are you scared to die? No. Nothing I can do about it and once it happens, and it'll be other people's problem afterwards. 2. Is there a point to life? Yes. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? That's for scrubs. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Why wouldn't there be one? 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Why does it matter if I won't live to see it. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Knowing there's nothing I can do to stop the inevitable? 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) I go to heaven. 8. How do you want to die? As long as it's painless I don't care.

26. miyat
    Date: Wed, Dec 22 2010 07:08:56

1.Are you scared to die? Not as much after browsing this thread. My family is christain, but don't attend church much. One of my grampa's is athiest. 2. Is there a point to life? Yes, reproduce, help things... 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? I enjoy life, it's pretty random that i was born as a human on this planet, and humans have a good life compared to other animals here. Suicide, no, no matter what. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? I don't know exactly unsure. I hope. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Not prevent it but make use become less old. I dunno about being invinsible. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? I try not to think about, which doesn't work. But i guess i try to accept it. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Either nothingness, which can't be that bad since you wont even have to think. Or something random... i dunno. Or heaven and hell. Reincarnation? like you become something else, and you don't remember...hmmm, but would you always be on earth? I guess god is just earth eh? Sorry i don't know all that much about being christian. 8. How do you want to die? I wanna die without family and friend being hurt bad, (scarred for life, or regrets) painless, awake, able to say goodbye, happy.

27. Mudkim
    Date: Thu, Jan 20 2011 13:24:51

1.Are you scared to die? yes..im scared 2. Is there a point to life? yes of course but jegus im really paranoid with the predestination stuff 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? i never considered committing suicide. just no. even if i feel awful and life keeps on getting worse there's still a way to make it better 4. Do you believe in afterlife? im not religious so i dont really subscribe to any one version of the afterlife but I figure there must be something once we're done here 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? no. maybe? 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? try not to think about it and look at it in another way. a part of me wants to die and I don't mean that in a morbid suicidal way but more along the lines of i'm interested to see what happens afterward 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) i dont know.. im ok with death being The End. existing eternally seems... tiring 8. How do you want to die? never gave it much thought.. :\

28. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Thu, Jan 20 2011 15:35:47

1. Yeah but I'm not afraid of destruction and not existing. I'm just afraid of what happens to me in the other world. 2. Yes I think being helpful is a good reason to live. 3. Never. It's just giving away your chance to live. There are hard times in life but I'll never suicide. It's also forbidden for us in our religion(islam) 4. Yes. I can't believe in non existence after life. It just doesn't seem right (even if you don't have religious beliefs). 5. I don't think so. Maybe we can make life longer but no one can escape from death. 6. I try to be a good human. I try to be my best. 7. We will be rewarded for the good stuff we have done and be punished for our sin. This world we plant and the other world we use our own products(sounds better in farsi) 8. dunno I just dont want it to be hard.

29. neXus
    Date: Thu, Jan 20 2011 17:32:08

1.Are you scared to die? Yes. 2. Is there a point to life? Keeping the race alive. Reproduction. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? Viable option. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? I do not. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Probably, but the powers that be would prevent people like you and me from using that technology. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? There's nothing I can do. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Nothing. 8. How do you want to die? Painless.

30. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Jan 20 2011 18:47:37

I am not sure how i feel about death I always say I'm not scared to die but if that moment was to come or i was looking down the barrel of a gun I'm sure I'd feel different.

31. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Jan 21 2011 09:52:12

juggalo666666 wrote: I am not sure how i feel about death I always say I'm not scared to die but if that moment was to come or i was looking down the barrel of a gun I'm sure I'd feel different.
    only a fucking twisted ass juggalo like your self would think of something like that

32. fang
    Date: Fri, Jan 21 2011 11:00:39

[B]1.Are you scared to die?[/B] not sure, depends on the situation, I mean, I think I woult be scared in stuff like sudden death. but I am not sure about deceasse and more of that stuff. [B] 2. Is there a point to life?[/B] hope and Reproduction Hope is human made, Reproduction is nature [B]3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide?[/B] no, suicide is selfish. I would never commit suicide when I know there are people will crying about me. [B]4. Do you believe in afterlife?[/B] nope [B]5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology?[/B] yes, there will. but I don't think people will use it. death is something what is part of life. like dark and light, without dark, there is no light. they need eachother [B]6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you?[/B] nothing, just accepting it. [B]7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question)[/B] a simple answer, nothing. my body will roth, my thoughts are gone, my living energy will be still on earth, but without any awareness. [B]8. How do you want to die?[/B] on old age. with everyone around me I love. but I think that is the wish of everyone.

33. Clyde
    Date: Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:00:29

1.Are you scared to die? yes 2. Is there a point to life? yeah, reproduction, happiness, longer life 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? not sure 4. Do you believe in afterlife? i want to believe 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? stem cell? 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? think of death as inevitable, and live by James Dean's quote: "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." So that there would be no regrets w/ whatever I do 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) either: -nothingness(you can't think, breath, etc, just empty, black, you don't realize anything) -heaven = live yourself as yourself in your prime, maybe 18~25 y/o, eternal happiness, happy but no sex, which is kinda boring -hell = live yourself the way you died(if you died because you got shot in the head, in hell the blood will continue clotting), eternal pain 8. How do you want to die? -die of old age or -if I would die young, I want to be someone popular first before dying young like car accident etc

34. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 11:25:47

1. Are you scared to die? - No, for real. When it comes to a serious situation, I can sacrifice myself to let people I love and care about to live on, or at least if it's worth enough for something really big. 2. Is there a point to life? - I do believe that we were born for a reason or two. Redemption from sin, and to do something. Have you ever thought that you were born to be something? Like a President? Or even something small like a good teacher that spend the whole life teaching. Some people believe something like that, and so do I. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? - Suicide is just pure stupid. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? - I do. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? - Maybe, but nothing lives forever, anyways. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? - Death is just a temporary-goodbye. At least, just pain, maybe a whole lot or not a whole lot. But just that, pain, nothing more. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) - We go to Heaven or Hell, stuff like that. We should receive pay back for our bad actions. Things happen for a reason Cause: You make something bad Result: You'll be punished from your own action. 8. How do you want to die? - Painlessly, like mostly people. No one wants to die with pain, right? XD

35. dekaf
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 21:43:42

None of this stuff matters because when you die you'll never know and if there was anyone who ever knew than nobody could ever know and thats why somebody hasnt told anybody because nobody has lived to tell somebody anything about something of the afterlife or whatever bullshit your mind can think of. You die, and that's it.

36. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 16:52:31

You'll never know anybody who can't know somebody cause if nobody knew then, when they know then someone might never let anyone know, but no one knew what happens after you die, but you in your head know that you don't know, but someone knows, yet nobody knew. So someone knows, but you don't know anybody, but nobody cares, because everyone that knows doesn't believe what someone else knows, because they want to know from first hand experience, though somebody knew anybody knows nobody but they know everybody knew what actually happens. No one knows what happens exactly when we think, therefore we can never really know anything. :]

37. Surge
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 07:12:42

That went from third-grade cliché to anti-cartesian thesis in less than five minutes. Congratulations. Also, I like your hair, dude.

38. Ragnarok
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 07:21:00

Hold our sword high, and die in battle!!!!!! Brothers in Valhalla are waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD JK 1. Im 12, im scared to die at this age. 2.Be happy. idk 3. nope 4. nope 5. In someways we already did it, we cure diseases. But if no1 would die, the world will get overcrowded. 6.nothing 7. I was thinking about this for a long time, and i got it! It will be just like before i was born... 8. Sword in hand!!!!!!!! xD idk

39. Surge
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 07:53:53

Kirby wrote: 1.Are you scared to die?
    As of now, not really. This is a stupid question because unless someone is sticking a gun in your face you'll never really know. :|
    2. Is there a point to life?
    No. And why do people find this question so "deep?" Wtf does "point" even mean? "Point" according to whom? Me? You? Subjectively to each sentient individual? God? Attaching value seems to presuppose a value attacher, so I'm still confused about who is doing the attaching. Objectively, no.
    3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide?
    Sure, why not? People should stfu about suicide being so terribly tragic. Deal with it. Christ, if your life sucks and you wanna die, just die. Don't let anybody tell ya different neither.
    4. Do you believe in afterlife?
    No. And even most people that believe in an "afterlife" don't actually believe. If they did they'd stop whining endlessly about how awful death is. What's awful is the sound of their petty, annoying voices. So stfu already.
    5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology?
    Who knows? Speculation at this point, and not even good speculation as we don't have much to go on.
    6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you?
    I think about all the horrible ways I can die, and then I realize that it all is just matter behaving predictably. I think I'm a being, a discrete entity, but in fact I'm an event. For a short time, particles have come together to form the me that I perceive today, both in the mirror and in the mind. So fuck death, I'mma do what I want.
    7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question)
    The particles eventually disperse and behave and group in different ways. That is all. Our "consciousness" doesn't somehow, by some magical, mystical process survive the death of out physical body. That's just bullshit, and everyone knows it. Christ.
    8. How do you want to die?
    However it actually is going to happen. Fuck making up a future I wanna impose, that's just arrogance, which I have enough of already.

40. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 05:13:11

1.Are you scared to die? not really. plus i'm only 13 why would i think of death? 2. Is there a point to life? not really other than to live 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? no 4. Do you believe in afterlife? no 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? probably not 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? nothing. maybe think of italot 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) the same as before you were born :P 8. How do you want to die? why would i care? probably of old age but nothing painful XD

41. the noodler
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 04:28:53

1.Are you scared to die? kinda, not really 2. Is there a point to life? yep. people always go to what makes them happy, so the point is to be happy. and have fun =) 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? nah 4. Do you believe in afterlife? not really 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? i read an article about the Singularity (when humans and machines come together as one) and it talked about replacing human body parts with mechanical parts. I'm not really sure if that counts as dying, cuz you're not exactly YOU anymore. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? nothing really 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) i think that its kinda like going to sleep. cuz you lose consciousness. although ive never lost consciousness any other way o.0 8. How do you want to die? in my sleep. sometimes i feel so tired i just feel like i wanna stop breathing. but i just dont. lol

42. Riley
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 04:29:06

1.Are you scared to die? Kinda... when you die, it's "over", that's it. Game over, with no continuing. 2. Is there a point to life? My opinion, not really. Why were we given it? 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? No, find something in life that will joy you. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? No. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? I hope, singularity project anyone? Robots will smarter than humans, maybe they'll figure out something. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? I don't know really. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) You're dead, and time goes on. 8. How do you want to die? Not painful.

43. the noodler
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 04:32:26

holy crap riley urs is like the same as mine. almost anyways

44. TEK
    Date: Sun, Mar 20 2011 08:29:18

This kind of topic really fires me up. I took a lot of philosophy classes in college and it covers a lot of these types of metaphysical questions. The reason why this thread fires me up is because after taking these classes, i have a lot broader sense of the world an logical and reasonable way. Reading through the responses of these thread reminded me a lot of myself before i took the philosophy classes. I'd like to share it all with you guys. 1.Are you scared to die? A lot of people say they fear death. The reasons why they fear death is because its the end of all experiences. Whether good or bad, they are all gone. The thought of the world continuing without you is a very disturbing idea. There should be no fear with death but rather a great dislike to the idea of death. The question should be asked "How do you feel about the idea of death". I am atheist so i believe there is no God. No afterlife whether is heaven, hell, or anything else. I believe that there is absolutely no experiences when one dies. Like what iMatt said, its a deep sleep with no dreams. My logic for believing this is because, the idea of heaven or hell is a supernatural idea. Meaning that its unscientific. With the process elimination of afterlife, i believe that there is no afterlife. I can get into religion but this isn't the right topic. 2. Is there a point to life? Many say the point of life is to enjoy it or be happy. Enjoying life and being happy are good things but that doesn't really answer the question. Why is the point of life is to be happy? If you think about it scientifically, nature produced life so that all life and peruse an happy life? That sounds ridiculous. Others also say that the point of life is to reproduce. Yes, that may be true, but i think the question is looking for a bigger answer. Such as, why was life even created in the first place? I dont really know the answer to this question but i see life as how the universe works. Meaning that there is things like Scientific Laws that the universe needs to follow such as physics. an example would be like...if there is a large enough object, gravity will occur automatically. The idea that if such things happen, other things would happen along with it. Cause and effect. If the right things are present to create life, than thats how life is created. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? There doesn't really need to be a point in life to enjoy life. We made our own point in life by creating societies. Once we have these societies, our point in life can to be become successful within these societies. We create out own point in life because there is no point. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Already answered this question above. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Probably not to prevent death completely but possibly to extend life for a longer period of time. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? I just think, once i am dead, i wont know i am. Therefore, i wont be scared. Everyone dies eventually, your not alone. Just enjoy the time you have and make the best of it. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Done. 8. How do you want to die? Of couse the most peaceful way possible. I really like the idea of knowing if i am going to die. I think it is such a disturbing idea to die and not know died. Like if someone just shot you in the back of the head randomly without you having a clue. Kinda like, you were living life, and all of a sudden life is gone without you knowing it. My aunt just recently passed away and i kinda want to die how she did. She died for cancer. Not dieing from cancer, but HOW she died. She was in bed, very weak. The closest people all around her. She knew she was going to pass, and she doze off and passed away. kinda like...Alright TEK, this is it.

07 Ghost wrote: People have different beliefs. Can you prove to me how evolution is true? Most things are merely adaptation. Take for instance a monkey. If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? Another thing is all the fossils and skeletons of animals. They could have been buried and washed away from the flood. Also, I think my bible teacher told me that there is no excuse for believing or something like that. We see creation all around us. However, some people are too ignorant. Not trying to be mean to you Wonder.
    Your argument/reasoning is so ignorant. I'm not trying to put you down, i think that your education for these types of subjects was by people that dont know much about evolution. Adaptation is a MAJOR part of evolution. When you say things like "can you prove evolution is true" this means you have a very little understand of what science is. In science, you first have an idea. Then with this idea, you come up with a hypothesis. After you come up with the hypothesis, you try to DISPROVE it. If you cannot disprove it, its considered a legit Theory. Many people say..."well its only a Theory". A theory isn't something that someone just randomly came up with, its been put through tons of test to try to DISPROVE it. If it cannot be disproved legitimately with scientific means, then it becomes a scientific theory that should be taken into account. A lot of religious people do not understand this concept of science. Also, we did not evolve from Monkeys. This is a very common misconception. Primates which include moneys, apes, lemurs, and so on came from a common ancestor. I can understand your side. Both our sides see the other side as "ignorant" because we see a different picture then what others see. However, from what i've heard from you, it does not seem like you do have the basic understand of what science is to make a legitimate argument against it. Many religious people say that others are ignorant because they dont know the answers to things. For Christians, the answers to all things is God. Yet, that really is only an excuse to give an answer to the things that you want to know most. It really doesn't answer anything. Here are a question to ask your bible studies teacher: If God is all powerful, could god create something that he cannot control? -If NO, than he is not all powerful because he cannot create it. -If yes, he is not all powerful because he cannot control what he has created. Most likely they will give you an answer that doesn't answer the question. Or something like, dont question god. Or say that god works in ways our brain cannot understand. Either one of these answers do not answer your question. Why? because there is a paradox in the idea of an all powerful being. The story of Adam and eve. -They both are considered as pure and did not understand the concept of GOOD and EVIL. Right and wrong. If God didn't want Adam and eve to eat the fruit from the tree, why did he even put the tree there in the first place? Many people say, its to test the human race. If you think about it, god wanted to test the human race that had no concept of right and wrong. Good and evil. That is like if someone tested you on material you have never seen before. That is not a legitimate test. And if you were to fail this test, you along with everyone else will be punished? That doesn't sound like an omnibenevolent (all good) god to me...

45. authenticatethepunk
    Date: Mon, Mar 21 2011 23:56:15

1.Are you scared to die? Noone Ever Really Dies. 2. Is there a point to life? To validate/invalidate your existence. Without life, how can one prove his existence? 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? Never. Martyrdom on the otherhand... 4. Do you believe in afterlife? No. But something like "Dead Philosophers In Heaven" would be exciting. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? No. Death is simply too beautiful a process to be defiled by technology. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Convince myself I was never really living in the first place. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Rot. 8. How do you want to die? A Good death. A death not shadowed by another (as Prokofiev died to Stalin), a death at the right time (as Jesus' death was far too early), and a death that is voluntary.

46. Lightningpen
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 23:19:45

1.Are you scared to die? Somewhat. I like my life, I'd be sad to see it end. 2. Is there a point to life? Yes. The point is to pen spin as much as possible. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? People shouldn't commit suicide because of current unhappiness; they should try to improve their lives instead. However, if they have a terminal disease, I think it would be alright to prevent more pain. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? No. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Definitely. 5 ways in fact: http://www.cracked.com/article_18964_5-ways-science-could-make-us-immortal.html 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Pen spin, enjoy life as it is, and be content in the knowledge that I've already spent billions of years not existing so I can do it again. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Same thing as before you're born: lack of existence. 8. How do you want to die? Pen spin and accidentally impale myself in the neck with my mod.

47. felix1429
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 03:29:26

1.Are you scared to die? I'm scared to death (lol) 2. Is there a point to life? I don't think life really has a point. We just need to try to continue our species. Look at other animals. They don't exactly have recreation time. There whole point is to reproduce. That's basically the point of our life too. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? I think it's up to the person contemplating it, although they should take into account how others would feel. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? No, but my whole family thinks I'm going to hell. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? I don't think death will ever be preventable, only postponable. Perhaps we will be able to postpone death for ten million years. But eventually, the thing keeping you alive will run out/fail/die etc... 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? I realize that after I die, I will feel the same as I did during the time of the dinosaurs. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Nothing. It's probably like sleeping eternally. We have no way of sensing it. 8. How do you want to die? Peacefully and painlessly

48. Eazy
    Date: Sat, Sep 17 2011 08:08:43

Death 1.Are you scared to die? You'll be lying if so said you're 100% not afraid of dying. But i'm not terribly afraid of dying. 2. Is there a point to life? Yes, LIVING YOUR LIFE... duh.... 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? You're going to die anyway, so why hurry?4. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Yes, but not Heaven and Hell, as I think everybody can be given a second chance in life. (maybe even 2000th chance in life, who knows? Anyhow, we'll find out after we die. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Probably, as death is the result of the body being unable to carry on. If we could preserve the body, we could prevent death. But personally, i don't really want to live forever. =/ 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Think about all the loved ones that had gone before you, and thinking about the day you will meet them again. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Either reincarnation, or you'll live in a spiritual community. Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough. 8. How do you want to die? Old Age..... XD

49. Twine
    Date: Sun, Oct 2 2011 05:38:34

[B]1.Are you scared to die?[/B] Yes I'm fucking terrified of dying because I have no idea what happens after it and I can't just go back to life. [B]2. Is there a point to life?[/B] I have no idea. I'm just here to have fun and make other people happy at the moment. [B]3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide?[/B] Ehhhh depends on your circumstance... Honestly I can understand why some people would commit suicide but the effects on the people they know aren't exactly positive are they... I don't support it but I can see why people would do it. [B]4. Do you believe in afterlife?[/B] Yes [B]5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology?[/B] Yes for old age, but I think it'll be pretty terrible never dying and having no one else die. [B]6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you?[/B] Nothing. [B]7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question)[/B] Go up to a spiritual place followed by reincarnation. To be honest I believe in Buddhism the most out of any religion, although I haven't seriously looked into any religion. [B]8. How do you want to die?[/B] Peacefully EDIT: After reading everyone's replies, it seems a lot of you have the mindset of "How could someone possibly want to commit suicide/hurt themselves". Since I'm assuming most of you are between 12 and 16 and haven't been depressed before, you don't have the mindset of a normal person when you're depressed. EVERYTHING seems to go against you and you feel trapped, there's no way out and there's nothing you can do. That's what brings on suicidal thoughts and I'm assuming what happens is a person will keep it all in one day and then they snap and kill themselves/cut their wrists. Last year I thought pffft oh yea, people who would even think about suicide or how they could kill themselves. Now after going through everything I did this year, I can understand why people would do it. Not saying I'm suicidal here lol. I'm not :p But yea, you have to be in their mind to understand. Oh and @TEK I enjoyed your post :)

50. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 05:20:09

1.Are you scared to die? If it's not painful. There are so many more things I want to accomplish in life, but I often see no point in living anymore, when I'm depressed. 2. Is there a point to life? Mentioned above. When I'm thoroughly depressed, no. But there are so many things I want to do, sights I want to see. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? Yeah, plenty of times. Or maybe I'd get myself killed in another way, such that my body will never be found. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? As a Christian, yes. I'm very curious to know from the point of view of the recently deceased, before the Day of Judgement, and what might they be doing right now. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? I don't know, the idea doesn't appeal to me. I like vampiric immortality, like in Twilight. Amazing, to be able to live so long, without worrying about silly things like deadlines. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Embrace the fact that everybody must go someday, and live my life to the fullest and accomplish all that I ever hope for. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) That my spirit will hang around until the Day of Judgement, or maybe I will remain dormant until Christ arrives. Again, very curious question. 8. How do you want to die? I seriously don't know. I'm still young and I still have much to do. I'd like it quick and minimum pain.

51. funnky
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 01:27:06

your all going to hell anyways

52. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Oct 19 2011 18:46:12

1.Are you scared to die? Certainly not, I won't be thinking about dying when I die with some hope and so I won't care the least bit when it comes along. 2. Is there a point to life? Only the points that we make, because as humans, it is our purpose to create, so is that the point to life; to make a point to life and choose our own destinies? 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? Suicide is for those who look at their life now and not in the future. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Not as such, but when it comes to it, we eventually become carbon on the earths surface, engulfed by the sun when it becomes a red giant and eventually become part of a star. I would call that one hell of a purpose after life. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Of course, with prevailing biotechnology and recent stem cell research developments, we should look forward to life extensions within 30 years and natural death prevention within a hundred. We are in a grand age of development! 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Not care about it. If it comes around, worrying about it is simply wasting time, if I'm dead I haven't got much to worry about anyway. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) I believe that in a factual context, there could be something underlying with string theory but like before, you will all be a star one day, literally. 8. How do you want to die? Preferably not, but if I had to choose I'd enjoy doing it for someones gain, no exciting deaths for me, I'd much rather take someone elses bullet.

53. wee~
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 20:51:40

1. Yes. 2. That's a difficult question.. 3. I've considered. 4. No 5. not really..i doubt it. 6. idk, think about happy thoughts? 7. i die and i'm gone..thats it. 8. Overdose, or a bullet straight to the back of the head.

54. midniteferret
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 15:00:18

1.Are you scared to die? Not scared to die, scared to find out what is after life... 2. Is there a point to life? If you view us as small particles in the universe then no 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? No, couldn't imagine leaving my family 4. Do you believe in afterlife? I wish...so no 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? I hope not... it is unnatural 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Not think about it and think about the present 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Nothing...endless sleep 8. How do you want to die? By old age

55. MassiveInvader
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 23:01:51

1.Are you scared to die?No,not really. 2. Is there a point to life?Im not sure. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide?Yeah,i suppose, but i like life. 4. Do you believe in afterlife?No 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology?Ummm...WHAT? NO 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you?Die while your watching TV so you don't expect it 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question)?I'm not really sure. 8. How do you want to die?The least painful way possible

56. Legion
    Date: Tue, Dec 13 2011 02:57:12

1.Are you scared to die? Yes, but only when i think about it. i get this sinking feeling, ya know? 2. Is there a point to life? Not really. we are an accident. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? I seem to be met with disappointment with everywhere i turn to. I've never been in love with any of my ex-girlfriends, and the people whom i do love reject me, or i never get a chance even to tell them how i feel. I try hard in class, think im getting good grades, and then i fail. I try to be respectful to the world around me, and they shit all over me, I try to defend myself from getting beaten up at school, and im the one who gets in trouble. in short, life sucks. somehow though, i can't bring myself to suicide. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? No. The afterlife (as seen by christianity) was thought of by people who needed comfort in a time of misfortune. Death was common back then, and they needed to have some form of holding order, and some form of comfort in death. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? If the human race lives long enough, i can think of many potential ways that we can live forever. Theres always the possibility of gaining the technology necessary to store all the information in our brain, body, etc onto silicon, and to live through computers. Theres the possibility that we can replace all of the parts of ours that are imperfect and ageing, in order to hold a more youthful mind and body. I would go on, but there are otehr questions to answer... 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? I dont think about it. i accepted the fact long ago that death is innevitable, so i might as well make the best out of my current situation. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) We are nothing but biological computers with an expiration date of nearly 80 years. when we die, we just simply shut off. 8. How do you want to die? If i had a choice? i would want to die painlessly in a freak accident that would keep me in the world's memory.

57. Xero
    Date: Tue, Dec 13 2011 04:03:46

[B]1. Are you scared to die?[/B]

[*]For a few years, yes, I was afraid to die. However, I have recently adopted the philosophy that knowing that you will die is the greatest form of libiration that one can experience. You are now freed from the idea that you have something to lose. No one makes it out of life alive, fucking no one. That being said, all fears of failure or apprehension should peel away like dead skin. I wake up every morning, feeling like P-Diddy, and I ask myself if I am ready to do the things I have planned knowing that I could die before they are over.
    [B]2. Is there a point to life?[/B]
      [*]The religious would tell you that the point in life is to praise a god. I will tell you that the point in life is to live and to love. They say that life cannot be simultaneously lived and understood. I do not agree: that is, life lived is life understood.
    [B]3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide?[/B]
      [*]I dated a young lady that wound up committing suicide. I can walk away from that telling you this: suicide is a long-term solution to a short-term problem. Suicide kills a part of everyone that you've ever known, from family to the people that bag your groceries.
    [B]4. Do you believe in afterlife?[/B]
      [*]No. But, that is not the end of this discussion. You should check out documentaries/read books on modern physics. Quantum mechanics and special relativity have led me to believe that there is an intricate nature to all of this that would in no way be understandable on the human level. There is something greater than all of this, and just because you can't imagine it, or put it into words, does not mean that it does not exist.
    [B]5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology?[/B]
      [*]Hell no. I can tell you right now that medicinal chemistry--specifically psychopharmacology--is a big unknown. We still aren't all that much closer to understanding what goes on in the brain now than we were 100 years ago. I like to believe that so long as my memory lives on, so do I. Fuck technology.
    [B]6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you?[/B]
      [*]I have come to the point in my life where I can look Death in the eye, shake his hand, and say, "Just you wait, buddy: you're going to have to come running for me." [Also, see my answer to #1 & #4.]
    [B]7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question)[/B]
      [*]I do not know, nor do I ever expect to know. All I know is that this ends, and that is something that you need to accept and move forward from. Honestly, no one will ever know. You just need to find what makes you sleep at night because that is all that will matter.
    [B]8. How do you want to die?[/B]
      [*]Loved. :thumb:
    ---------------------------- I have been diagnosed as clinically depressed, and as someone that suffers from generalized anxiety disorder as well as post-traumatic stress disorder. I have also had issues with addiction. Point being, I've survived them all, so I'd like to think that I've been around the block. I would recommend God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours as a light read for those interested in what I had to say. Anyone that would like to continue this discussion on a deeper level should let me know.

58. Ricercar
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 00:51:34

1.Are you scared to die? Kinda. 2. Is there a point to life? I like to think so. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? Possibly. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Yes. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Possibly, can't really say at the moment. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Nothing, it's just scary. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) Heaven or Hell. 8. How do you want to die? In my sleep.

59. Bleevlee
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 02:59:42

1. I am not. I'm quite curious about what happens if you die, and if it's nothingness, so be it! I'm definitely not scared at all because there is no point to life anyway. I guess I'd rather be living, because it's more entertaining then nothingness, if, after life, there is nothingness. 2.No, there isn't a point to life, that we have actually proved, besides to reproduce, because that is what we are built for: Surviving long enough to reproduce. This is the job of all life. 3.Hell no. Death is boring, probably. I'd rather be alive and have fun for a bit, before going to wherever that place death is. If death is better than life, or something, whatever, because I don't know that, and I'd rather not take the risk of nothingness before I live my entertaining life. 4.I'm not sure, at all. I'm Agnostic. 5. There already is, kind of. You CAN get a brain transplant, although you won't be able to move anything, see, or anything. You'll just be able to think. I'm pretty sure. I forget the specifics. 6. Death isn't scary! At least, to me. Not anymore. 7. After you die? I don't know. Also, I just randomly realized that I've been placing spaces after the numbers on some answers to questions, and no spaces on others. That's weird, and I think I might have mild ADHD or something. 8. I don't know. I might as well go out with a bang, or something. Hopefully not a mediocre, boring death. Possibly for some cause, although there is none. I guess I do believe there is a point to things, but in the long run, nothing matters, to me.

60. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 12:14:53

I know I'm reviving an old thread. But how the fuck can you come to terms with death? I thought I had multiple times, but all it does is shove it aside, it's impossible for me, and I suspect for anyone to be OKAY with death. No one wants to die, but we all do. We will all be gone some day. And the only proof of us having existed will be if someone reads this post, and understands my words. Otherwise, essentially the universe as I know it has ended. Space, time, the world itself is gone. How is this okay? All death assures us, is that life is meaningless, that this moment of self awareness, this I think therefore I am, is pointless. That one day it will end, and I will be gone, and thus all of you. I live in fear of death, Constantly.

61. 20%
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 12:58:11

ok here i am, death is the state your were before birth, nothing but at shoe, let me tell you a thing death can be two thing at how you look at it fearing it is going to end up with you dying and having it like a snake lunge at you in the grass field welcoming it will welcome you back yes it is hard. it is common human instinct to fear death but it will happen, no one could change that but do i fear death? sometimes yes, i dont want to leave sometimes no, i just want to sleep sometimes l, maybe forever if death it is what is after death, well in my words it the process of the world forgeting you oh sorry if that disturbed you im not done :3 how i hope to die playing one of the most breathtaking anime song on piano and die at the end preventing death yes there will, but lets hope not that there will be people hoping for death afterlife, maybe, if you just dream an afterlife when dead. i think it that way yes i know dreams are product of the subconsious not usually remembered by the conscious in brain which is gonna die with you. re birth, aka a complete copy of you and you in it is back, will it happen though

62. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 13:21:22

People often cite the whole, are you afraid of before you were born? When dealing with fear of death. To answer the question, personally, Hell yes I am scared of before I was born. I was non-existant, I did not think, and therefor I was not. And the knowledge that one day again I will no longer think and therefore no longer exist, and that that moment could occur even before I finish typing this sentence, or as soon as I step out the door. Frightens me to no avail.

63. 20%
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 13:28:18

we will all end, some remembered, some hated, some loved, and a lot forgoten and i rather be lost in the forgoten than the hated and loved. why i dont want to be loved after death because why would you love me when i cant say i love you back i hate being hated, certainly dont want remembered though, seems alright, but i have a tendancy to have somebody elses problem (which is unbelievably scary, those who know my existance remeber me, but the other instantly forget me)

64. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 20:51:11

I hear you man... but idk how i can go back to normal now, it's like I was blind, and now I can see, and I can't close my eyes. I know that I will be gone one day, but it could be any day any time, I will not know, nor will it matter, but I will be gone. I can't wrap my head around the unknowable, so why try? Well, because it's real, and I have a mind and I can't not deeply internalize it. We see death around us all the time, and I understand it, but I can't understand my own death, I am limited I am trapped.

65. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 21:52:14

I don't see the preference with being dead and being alive.

66. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 21:54:39

People say, life would be pointless if we lived forever... But is death not pointless since we will be dead forever?

67. 20%
    Date: Wed, Jul 10 2013 22:05:50

death is the only point to life only you can experience it, no one else

68. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jul 14 2013 22:40:59

I found this on another forum and it really resounded with me: "Non-existence isn't even scary to me, it's just unfathomable. It's the arrogance of my ego that probably really compels me to feel that way, but it is the only reason/process by which I have even created a contrast of existence and non-existence in the first place, so how can I flat out deny it's demands? I think it requires a kind of faith to actually implement an acceptance of non-existence into your life (since our consciousness prioritizes itself so much, and not because of any epistemological basis for this thought.)" Anyways Ive been digging my face into philosophy and physics and all sorts of things trying to understand the mind, this illusion of self and stuff... it's really tough, well impossible. Even my buddhist background, or philosophical view that everything is cyclical is scary as fuck. There is so much pain and suffering in this world. In the buddhist doctrine of rebirth, I could be born as a terrified human being, grow to the age of 5, one day following my mom in a grocery store or s.t. and someone could rape and murder me and all I would have ever known in life is fear and terror. That's not even the worst, because I am sure there are worse ways to go, for instance starving, or being trapped alone until you die. And if you are reborn, in any sense of the term, a la i'm gone therefore someone else exists, even in that very narrow spectrum of rebirth, that still seems scary, I am so lucky right now to live a decent life, of moderate suffering, but I am REALLY freaking lucky, even as a human being, like top 30%... And I know people who would probably thinking being me is hell, but yeah, the more I think about the more I realize that the real sin of humanity is knowledge.

69. 20%
    Date: Mon, Jul 15 2013 12:12:49

"Non-existence isn't even scary to me" my life in a sentence :woop: but the rest is so deep :o fear is the form of you thinking what will happen next, which isnt a thing you will like. death is the greatest fear because we know it will eventually happen. but that wont stop us from living a good life, unless the wicked people end lives at early stages. fuck them right?

70. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Mon, Jul 15 2013 12:24:41

1.Are you scared to die? Not really, but I'd prefer not to. 2. Is there a point to life? People may all think a different point to life based on their ideals, but I think there is a point to life. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? not worth 4. Do you believe in afterlife? Sometimes the idea finds a way into my mind :S 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? Unless your capture one's soul and mind in a mechanical device, probably not. The body decays, and it could possibly reject prostheses or artificial additions to the body. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? Accept it when time comes. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) I haven't any idea. 8. How do you want to die? Happy knowing I lived a full life.

71. snoopy1218
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 06:02:20

1.Are you scared to die? Hell yeah, I don't want to die D: 2. Is there a point to life? there is a point if you give it a point, so I would just make the most out of everything. 3. If not and you do not enjoy life, suicide? there are times I have thought about suicide, but then im like, nah, lets give life another try, maybe sometime later, but not now. 4. Do you believe in afterlife? I don't even know, man. 5. Will there ever be a way to prevent death with technology? never. death will always be around to give life meaning. otherwise, what makes life so valuable? because it comes to an end. 6. What do you do to make death seem less scary for you? joke about it, laugh about it, embrace it, cherish it, don't worry about it, because sooner or later itll come for you. 7. What do you believe happens when you die (similar to afterlife question) i don't even know, man 8. How do you want to die? peacefully and guiltlessly, leaving this world (hopefully) better than it was when i came into the picture

72. snoopy1218
    Date: Thu, Dec 5 2013 06:12:43

to elaborate on technology supporting human life, i think the day it comes will be the day life loses meaning. We have eighty years to do anything we need to do on this world, and so we make the most out of it. its like telling a kid he has ten minutes to finish up his level of borderlands 2 before he needs to go to sleep. the kid will bust his ass and work his ass harder in these ten minutes than in the entire time he was playing, because he knows it will be over soon. if he can play forever, then there is no point in rushing, and ultimately, no point in playing at all. in life, if we live forever, and do everything there is to do, what is next? its like eating a box of doughnuts. there are one hundred doughnuts in there that never perish or spoil. a normal lifetime could only get you five or six doughnuts, and you die, but if you live forever, you can eat them all. but what do you do after you eat them all? there are no refills! just as you have done everything there is to do in life, there are no more doughnuts to eat, and you cant refill the box, because you cant die! death is the great equalizer. it balances out life, and gives life meaning. its the next great adventure, and its also the beginning of something else.

73. Soren
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 19:25:30

Death is our impending doom. For all we know, death is the end of everything for us, unless you believe in the afterlife. Does it scare you when you think about how it will be when you are dead? Still. Lifeless. Unconscious. Dead. Does it scare you that you can die at any moment? You go out, excited for your friends birthday party, you cross the street and boom. Car accident. Dead. Or does the thought of death drive you forward in life, making you appreciate each and every moment?

74. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 19:33:33

I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of what will happen to what I leave behind. My girlfriend, close friends, family, everything. Death itself doesn't scare me, but the aftermath does.

75. Zen
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 19:34:21

Eh you are really dramatizing death a bit. Death is just Death. It's a circle of life. Balance. It is an interesting question. I however do fear death, because it is inevitable. We Will die. But until then i am satisfied.

76. Soren
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 19:34:53

Chobi wrote: I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of what will happen to what I leave behind. My girlfriend, close friends, family, everything. Death itself doesn't scare me, but the aftermath does.
    Well when you're dead you won't even be able to think about the aftermath.

77. Solid
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 19:48:06

im not afraid of dying. i am afraid of death itself. what is death? afterlife? myths? I am afraid of what death IS not dying.

78. Court34
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 20:52:33

Death doesn't scare me. When it can Happen and the aftermath does. Like i can be crossing the street and then boom. The aftermath is scary. People always say, when you die, you go to a better place or a ghost. That's for the rest of damm eternity. But, it strives me. I Try everyday to complete or achieve what makes me "happy". Cause when i die, i don't know what will happen next.

79. Reason
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 21:05:12

im certainly afraid of the process of dying. its probably painful... im also afraid of death itself because i fear the unknown. whether the end is good or bad, a great change will be upon us... and i find that sort of thing a bit scary. though im afraid of it, i have accepted the inevitability of my death. if everyone spent all their time fearing death and wondering when they would die, how could they enjoy life?

80. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 21:25:05

This thread again

81. Xzeria
    Date: Sun, Apr 13 2014 21:30:48

No.

82. Shiftyei
    Date: Mon, Apr 14 2014 00:54:23

Mark Twain pointed out that before you are born, you've been dead for the eternity up until you were born.

83. Zkhan
    Date: Mon, Apr 14 2014 02:03:14

Duplicate thread. Please search before posting. /merged http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=737

84. Chobi
    Date: Wed, Apr 16 2014 04:14:25

Supergirl wrote: Well when you're dead you won't even be able to think about the aftermath.
    Yeah, that's why I'm thinking about it now. Because once it does happen, it's done, yo.