UPSB v4

Off-topic / F*cking up in college

1. wings
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 03:48:04

hey guys, guess what.. I fucked up my grades college lol. I can't study well bec. of the noise from the vehicles and the stupid people who always drink and smoke in the dorm, and now I have failing grades. Now, how do I start all over again? I want my grades to be just like in highschool, lol I always get about 95% of the score in tests back in highschool, and now I suck at college, and I can't find good people that can help me lol. So... any tips? I am studying right now btw

2. iMove
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 04:00:09

request to have a new dorm

3. wings
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 04:11:03

jasfer_balderas wrote: request to have a new dorm
    lol u know that it's really hard to find one

4. iMove
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 04:15:19

if you really want to make your grades high, then you have to do it .. I think it's also your fault to choose the dorm that was near in the road..lol..

5. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 04:17:22

If studying in your dorm doesn't work try going to a library or some other quiet place.

6. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 04:22:28

dude, if you listen very carefully in your professor, you'll have good grades.. I don't study alot in my house. I use stock knowledge. .

7. Nicetricks
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 04:24:47

Don't dorm at all. Rest a place close to campus, it should also be cheaper

8. wings
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 05:17:11

Nachoaddict;131732]If studying in your dorm doesn't work try going to a library or some other quiet place.[/QUOTE] Good idea lol [QUOTE=Yamaguchi wrote: dude, if you listen very carefully in your professor, you'll have good grades.. I don't study alot in my house. I use stock knowledge. .
    I fell asleep with my eyes open most of the time XD But I will try it, thanks :)

9. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 05:26:36

wings wrote: Good idea lol I fell asleep with my eyes open most of the time XD But I will try it, thanks :)
    Godbless with your studies dude !! :) Do your best hehe

10. chris
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 05:35:40

^listen to your prof. ALWAYS. it would've been a good thing if there were dorms WITHIN the campus... :/

11. Clyde
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 06:09:01

^ lol, I'm only in HS but always have a hard time studying because everyone talks to me -.- in 2nd yr I had high grades because everyone around me were koreans so no communication w/ others, so I could listen easier

12. Mike
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 07:28:41

Take notes in lecture, then rewrite them as soon as you can. Rewriting them makes it easier to organize what your professor just went over, and they're really easy to study. If it's too noisy in your dorm, go to the campus library, or even a coffee shop, to do your studying. If you go to the library, only bring the things you will need, don't bring anything that could be a distraction. Personally, I prefer the library because it's a lot quieter. Talk to your classmates, and try to form a study group. A lot of times, this can be really good, especially for subjects like math, or physics. That's just my advice. This stuff works for me. See if this helps. Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

13. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 07:57:36

@chrisPS our dorms are INSIDE the campus LOL class time: 8:20, get up time 8:15, walk down time:8:18

14. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 09:29:29

library :) i do it, it works.

15. chris
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 09:51:08

Jazz wrote: @chrisPS our dorms are INSIDE the campus LOL class time: 8:20, get up time 8:15, walk down time:8:18
    same here, only classrooms are a bit farther ;)) @OP, if you can, just change dorms. -.-

16. Vaan
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 10:00:36

jasfer_balderas wrote: request to have a new dorm
    this^ cause you said your problem was """I can't study well bec. of the noise from the vehicles and the stupid people who always drink and smoke in the dorm,"""

17. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 11:14:10

Vaan wrote: this^ cause you said your problem was """I can't study well bec. of the noise from the vehicles and the stupid people who always drink and smoke in the dorm,"""
    problem of having failing grades is not because of these people. . the problem is yourself. .

18. Krypton
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 11:19:37

It helps a lot if you pay close attention and then do all your homework while it's still fresh. But it's not your fault to be in a rotten environment. Try really hard to get a scholarship and then gtfo.

19. erik123098
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:23:41

If you got problem with the noise, use earplugs. :D

20. wings
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 13:15:08

Yamaguchi wrote: problem of having failing grades is not because of these people. . the problem is yourself. .
    I agree with that Mr. Yamaguchi :)

21. King
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 17:00:24

Earplugs, headphones, go to the library, get a tutor...

22. Colin
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 00:03:09

wings wrote: hey guys, guess what.. I fucked up my grades college lol.[B] I can't study well bec. of the noise from the vehicles[/B] and the stupid people who always drink and smoke in the dorm, and now I have failing grades. Now, how do I start all over again? I want my grades to be just like in highschool, lol I always get about 95% of the score in tests back in highschool, and now I suck at college, and I can't find good people that can help me lol. So... any tips? I am studying right now btw
    Read that from the preview, Im not reading anymore. Nigger. You need to LEARN how to ignore other people. You can NOT blame other people for your failures. Get some earmuffs, go to the library, go to the back of the library, the roof, SOMEWHERE where you can study. And stop complaining about other people, let them be.

23. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 02:03:31

haha. you should blame yourself for complaining

24. Light
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 16:54:04

Go to the library, end of story. Get out of ur dorm if its really bothering you, and just come back to sleep and whatever. Personally, I'd never study at the dorm, drinking, partying, and whatnot. Im sorry but you can only blame urself on this one... gotta learn to take initiative and get the hell out of there, and study at a quiet place. Then marks will go up :)

25. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Sep 6 2011 09:46:09

FUCK I failed 3 exams WTF...anyone here tried using your friends as a motivation to studying? like taking studying seriously, like contest who'll have the highest grades, loser does some jackass shit or something? zzz so envious of my friends who don't even study and get high grades -.-

26. wings
    Date: Tue, Sep 6 2011 10:16:47

Clyde wrote: FUCK I failed 3 exams WTF...anyone here tried using your friends as a motivation to studying? like taking studying seriously, like contest who'll have the highest grades, loser does some jackass shit or something? zzz so envious of my friends who don't even study and get high grades -.-
    lol I failed every subject, except english & math XD and the people who are smart doesn't help their fellow classmates... well we don't do group studying, maybe at some schools they do lol

27. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Sep 6 2011 10:52:20

wings wrote: lol I failed every subject, except english & math XD and the people who are smart doesn't help their fellow classmates... well we don't do group studying, maybe at some schools they do lol
    yeah, sucks in my school too, but eventually almost everyone in my school become successful in the future, not related to IQ though,a lot of celebs are from my school lol