UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Help with "bricked" router.

1. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 22:27:07

So my router has been dropping a lot of connections lately. I researched this online and found out I had to update my firmware. I dl'ed the firmware from Linksys, backed up my old firmware, and then uploaded my new one. However, after it updated it, it stopped working (bad flash). I've tried a hard reset, and so far nothing has worked. My power light is still blinking, and the only reason I can access the internet is because I plugged my modem straight into the computer. Are there other ways to fix this problem short of using a JTAP cable/opening up my router? I have a Linksys WRT54G v2. @strat1227:

2. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 01:01:42

Unplug it for like a day, idk. If it's a wireless 2.4 ghz 54 mbps broadband router it may have just crapped out. mine works sometimes and other times doesn't.

3. Pen Ninja
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 03:20:53

@hoiboy when you say you hard reset it, what do you mean exactly? describe the process you went through did you google it? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash#WRT54G.2FGL.2FGS

4. hoiboy
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 03:29:11

Did all that, short of opening the router stuff. Hard reset = hold rest down for 30 seconds, unplug power while holding reset down for 30 seconds, plug in power while holding reset down for 30 seconds, then release for 10 seconds, unplug power for 10 seconds, then plug in power again

5. Pen Ninja
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 05:25:26

ur pretty screwed yo get another

6. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:26:56

give me your ip and i will help with the problem and fix it once and for all?

7. The Onion
    Date: Sat, Sep 3 2011 22:58:26

AoD1 wrote: give me your ip and i will help with the problem and fix it once and for all?
    We also need your home address, social security number and credit card number. Give us that and we will have it fixed in no time. But seriously, if a hard reset doesn't wake it, you probably won't get it to work again. If it's new, go to the retailer you bought it from and tell em they sold you a piece of shit. If it's old, get a new one, they cost like nothing these days anyways.

8. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Sep 4 2011 13:16:40

The Onion wrote: We also need your home address, social security number and credit card number. Give us that and we will have it fixed in no time.
    no just his IP so i can fry his router/modem so i force him to get a new router/ modem problem solved