UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / History of devil trick naming

1. Bam!
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 13:37:23

Ok, so What I really hate about penspinning are these tricks.. devil's conversion demon's sonic devil's sonic devil's blablabla So why are they called devil? What's with the creator of these tricks? Isn't he religious? is he a satanist? lol. why call it like that? I think it's blasphemy.. Is there any other ways to call those d**** tricks? I'm just curious

2. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 13:54:03

if im not mistaken.. devil's tricks are usually done palm down (except devil's conversion that switches to spiderspin).. demon's tricks usually have a sonic somewhere in the trick.. which is how i remember the difference between the two.. and in pen spinning there are crazy names for everything so its not really a huge satanist thing i dont believe.. just another way to name tricks.. its just like why is a charge called a charge? or a sonic a sonic? you should probably ask this in the research department since this is for names and stuff..

3. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 14:16:56

you know there's an angel's sonic right...and you can use interrupted/hybrid notations to refer to them

4. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 14:20:47

the original trick is devil's spin invented by kam. it was named because of the fuck you gesture. everything else is just a variation of devil's spin so their name is also devil. http://www.upsb.info/wiki/index.php?title=Devil%27s_Around

5. Resonance
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 17:07:18

Is saying "devil" considered blasphemy? O_o

6. JC
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 00:27:01

KTrinh93 wrote: its just like why is a charge called a charge? or a sonic a sonic? you should probably ask this in the research department since this is for names and stuff..
    well, charge lets you get the initial momentum to do another trick, so you're like charging up sonic is fast... (like, sonic speed)... and so since this trick is also fast it's been given the name "sonic" but that's besides the point i guess =P all the tricks have a reason why their name was given Back then, there weren't too many tricks...so people started combining them, creating what we know now as "hybrids". But the interrupted trick notation wasn't invented yet, so they just created a new name for things. And as Zombo's said, the "devil/demon" part came from Kam (and his imagination). Now though, we don't do that since we have the interrupted trick notation system -- but back then, it was done, and the tricks that were named kept their names..such as twisted sonic. It's also easier and neater to read than Charge ~ Pass rev every time. Personally, I find all those devil/demon tricks confusing, so I would just use interrupted notation for those

7. Bam!
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 01:14:36

oh and yeah, my cousin asked me one of the tricks I can do, I started saying twisted sonic, until I got to devil's sonic.. Well that made him 0_o

8. sketching
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:59:11

See: True Devil's Around at the wiki for more info.

9. 000zero0000
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:33:18

Woa, JC's explanation was actually entertaining and informative O.o That actually explains alot