UPSB v4

General Discussion / Slow spinning

1. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 02:45:08

I just wanted to know, why spinners dislike slower spinning so much? By the way, Spinning faster does not mean that your better spinner nor do worse. Speed doesn't affect ability or skill level. EDIT: I mean personally why do you like/dislike slow spinning.

2. J74Q
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 03:11:25

Because they are jealous? i personally think fast spinning is more appealing but slow spinning show great great difficulty. Eg. Doing a hai Tua fast would be easier than slow ones cos fast ones have more momentum but the slow ones should be wayyy harder...

3. MickChickenn
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 03:14:34

Fast spinning=more attractive Ex. Dongza style vs. s777 style. Which would a noob have a better time watching?

4. funnky
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 03:25:35

MickChickenn wrote: Fast spinning=more attractive Ex. Dongza style vs. s777 style. Which would a noob have a better time watching?
    gay.....^^^^^^ slow spinning shows control not like fast spinning all momentum

5. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 04:05:27

It takes a more experienced and knowledgeable spinner to understand and appreciate slow spinning. At an early level all people seem to want is "how fast can you spin" because it looks cool... once you get better you see the merits in both slow and fast spinning however

6. Quai
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 04:34:22

funnky wrote: gay.....^^^^^^ slow spinning shows control not like fast spinning all momentum
    Dude, He's asking which one will a noob prefer. And your explaining it as if the noob understands what your saying. I'm not flaming or anything. I just think your annoying. ._. Back to Topic I prefer fast spinning since it looks appealing. I agree that slow spinning can show the difficulty of a linkage or combo. But when I watch slow spinning i get bored i don't get excited that much. I also can't see the spinning effect of the pen. When I see the spinning effect of a pen and it looks cool, I consider it as a good video IMO.

7. wings
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 04:37:20

normal-fast speed is ok, but slowww for me is a no no

8. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 06:04:10

Not all slow spinning looks horrible. And even your own, Hippo is sometimes nice to watch.

9. Van
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 07:21:06

putting s777 as a non-attractive spinner to a noob isn't a good example... he can do stuff slowly that can be more attractive than fast-spinniner like dongza (i.e stalls) back to topic, I like them both, but faster spinning will take less skill IMO than spinning in slow speed slower speed takes more control, where there is less momentum, and you need to be really be able to control the pen's momentum

10. wings
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 08:13:11

Van wrote: putting s777 as a non-attractive spinner to a noob isn't a good example... he can do stuff slowly that can be more attractive than fast-spinniner like dongza (i.e stalls) back to topic, I like them both, but faster spinning will take less skill IMO than spinning in slow speed slower speed takes more control, where there is less momentum, and you need to be really be able to control the pen's momentum
    I agree with that, though s777 is not my favorite spinner(kin FTW lol jk), his arounds are inhuman! lol and I jawdroped when he used anti-gravity's

11. Rogersbored
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 08:46:31

I think it depends on the combo. For example, hippo, your Springfield combo would look better if you spun faster in some select areas. But nevertheless, i was still amazed at how well you could control the pen! IMO, you want to spin slow, consider learning the s777 style wipers. They're really appropriate.

12. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 09:29:12

i like slow spinning cuz its more relaxing for me. Frog~

13. funnky
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 13:07:16

Illusion wrote: Dude, He's asking which one will a noob prefer. And your explaining it as if the noob understands what your saying. I'm not flaming or anything. I just think your annoying. ._. Back to Topic I prefer fast spinning since it looks appealing. I agree that slow spinning can show the difficulty of a linkage or combo. But when I watch slow spinning i get bored i don't get excited that much. I also can't see the spinning effect of the pen. When I see the spinning effect of a pen and it looks cool, I consider it as a good video IMO.
    dont feed the trolls dumbass................and i dont recall him asking what a noob would prefeer.

14. crinix
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 13:36:03

Hippo2626 wrote: Speed doesn't affect ability or skill level.
    No it does. Spinning fast while keeping the difficulity(difficulity of tricks and linkages) is harder and consistency rate drops. And if smoothness will be kept, too; spinning faster would be more appealing. In the end speed means a lot in penspinning as long as you do not do just basic tricks. Speed=~ difficulity

15. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 13:43:32

doing some things fast makes them harder, while doing other things slowly makes them harder - it depends on what tricks/linkages (for me anyway) keeping consistency and smoothness at lower-than-usual and higher-than-usual speeds are both difficult, i haven't had enough experience to be able to tell just how much this difficulty changes though =\

16. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 16:52:44

S777 also use slow spinning , but i think hippo's style too slow ..

17. Pen Ninja
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 00:00:58

crinix wrote: No it does. Spinning fast while keeping the difficulity(difficulity of tricks and linkages) is harder and consistency rate drops. And if smoothness will be kept, too; spinning faster would be more appealing. In the end speed means a lot in penspinning as long as you do not do just basic tricks. Speed=~ difficulity
    this is bs. It's all about style. You'll find that supawit or dongza will have trouble with the same tricks but doing them slowly... I have trouble speeding up... just because that's not how i usually spin... It's the same as me saying X style is harder... it's all preference

18. King
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 01:11:03

Everything is good, in moderation..

19. Screeoo
    Date: Wed, Sep 7 2011 19:11:34

I think it shows experience......

20. gyrobius
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 03:49:22

Because of this thread I want to film a slow combo. So difficult.