UPSB v4

Off-topic / Koreans and egos

1. boshi
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 05:47:09

I dont want to get racist. i really dont. I know this is a pretty common stereotype, but i have one big problem with not believing/following it. I have yet to be proven wrong. Every single korean i've met has this "problem". I have korean friends who mean the world to me, so no, i dont hate koreans. Iv also met people online who are korean, but cmon, online doesnt mean shit. Everytime i try to joke about korean ego's with my korean friends, they just respond with a stupid comment about koreans being superior. its not the statement that bothers me, its the mindset. seriously, what the fuck? oh and mod, may i request this to be moved to spammer's bin if things get out of hand?

2. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 05:51:23

i've noticed this as well. especially with korean women

3. Clyde
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 06:27:05

they have lots of shit to brag about just like USA and Japan anyway, let them be

4. Krypton
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 06:34:45

They've got nothing to brag about. Europeans > Asians. No offence to anyone here.

5. boshi
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 06:37:15

USA is a shithole full of assholes. I've never really heard of japanese people bragging alot. then again, i only know like 5.

6. Clyde
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 06:39:04

starcraft, tekken(koreans are better than japanese), hot actresses, tv's? gadgets? lol idk

7. blahblahting
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 02:16:21

hmm... I know some Korean people at my school and in my boy scout troop that are really nice, cool people :dunno:

8. PREDATORNET
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 02:23:24

There are a ton of Korean people that I know in my school, none of them are ever like what you describe. so i'm, gonna have to disagree with you.

9. boshi
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 03:06:37

hmm, i wonder if it is just a saratoga thing :dunno:

10. UEDan
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 08:28:08

I've known... I think 1 Korean. He was an inconsiderate prick in my book.

11. aaron12345
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 11:21:58

i agree with PREDATORNET, i have have a lot of korean friends even my gf is korean and none of them are ever like what you describe.

12. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 11:24:51

most koreans in my school have big ego's but not that they bully, they show off as a joke lol..like they brag how good they are but they aren't actually good...you know? like foreigners trying to impress others lol even if they have no talent

13. Colin
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 23:12:20

UEDan wrote: I've known... I think 1 Korean. He was an inconsiderate prick in my book.
    Im honestly going to agree with this. Im not trying to be a troll, but Koreans have a BIG ego. I actually asked a Korean something one time, lemme find it-- me: not me: nuff said.

14. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Aug 30 2011 23:27:25

boshi wrote: hmm, i wonder if it is just a saratoga thing :dunno:
    lol rich kids

15. JC
    Date: Wed, Aug 31 2011 04:11:26

It's not quite a "korean" thing, but more of a "human" thing, no? There are just some people who happen to be more arrogant than others...and some of those happen to be korean. It's not necessarily being korean that makes them arrogant, but the fact that they're human. Whoever said that they have plenty of things to brag about and that it's okay because of that is ridiculous. Just because you have things to be proud about does not justify being arrogant or bragging about it. That's just obnoxious, a poor showing of character, and people should always show some humility and modesty. While some may use their korean heritage as the reason for their inflated ego, some others may use their own personal strength, intelligence, looks, etc...as bragging points. That doesn't have to do with being korean...it's just their character as a human being. Okay, I must say though... I've known quite a few arrogant koreans who are both subtle (yet obviously saying that they're better) about it and obvious about it. But I can't begin to ignore the big picture and notice how many other arrogant people from other races there are. Is it because of the way they've grown up that they become arrogant? Is it because their country is so successful that they're arrogant? Well perhaps, but this can be said about Americans and other countries as well as the person i mentioned earlier had said...but again, no excuse to brag 'cause of that.

16. boshi
    Date: Wed, Aug 31 2011 06:10:29

The thing that is bothering me the most is that every korean i know acts this way T.T

17. JC
    Date: Wed, Aug 31 2011 16:45:48

The koreans I know do seem to have more national pride...and seem to band together because of that....giving them confidence to boast about their nationality. Dunno if that may be the case..

18. Hyukan
    Date: Wed, Aug 31 2011 17:17:25

shut up, im pro

19. SJ
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 07:40:29

Colin wrote: Im honestly going to agree with this. Im not trying to be a troll, but Koreans have a BIG ego. I actually asked a Korean something one time, lemme find it-- me: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/rx7_photos/t4ds.png not me: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254525_1585940588194_1826170472_973883_737432_n.jpg nuff said.
    lol i dont see where youre going. those questions are offensive to begin with so not really surprising he wrote back shit as jc said, i think a lot of koreans have more national pride than others but not everyone.

20. AoD1
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 09:42:12

us Koreans are superior in every way shape and form. we are better than all of you western and european people. the only thing that would have compared to us koreans, is the Germans back in 1941 - 42 and that would only be classified under military might.

21. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 14:48:56

Morons come in all sizes and shapes. Dealing with people who have massive ego trips take a little bit of know how. The best thing you can do is slam them on the human level. "Well we are Korean after all..." "Assholes come in every race." Koreans are just one group of people; A small piece of the world pie.

22. JC
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 15:50:17

AoD1 wrote: us Koreans are superior in every way shape and form. we are better than all of you western and european people. the only thing that would have compared to us koreans, is the Germans back in 1941 - 42 and that would only be classified under military might.
    YOU'RE KOREAN?! LOL

23. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 16:08:23

I agree, the koreans I know seems pretty stuck up, or just asian people in general ( might just be because there are a majority of koreans here ) That's one thing that turned me off to other asians. Of course, it has to do with people in general having huge ego's but with some korean people you can just sense it. You get the same vibe from some snobby older people who feel like they need to teach you manners or something. And then you see koreans sticking together and talking shit about other people. Same goes for everyone else, but it's a pattern, here at least. Also, it might have to do with the fact that they're a minority, and need to have a somewhat inflated ego to compete with the world around them. I would expand it to asians in general though. I know I have an inflated ego myself, but I think it's pretty human, koreans just seem to be more open about it. Some humble is good as well.

24. boshi
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 06:13:04

i also agree that asians in general seem to have bigger/more common to have egos. just seems more common with koreans. OH i met a korean kid today who wasnt totally stuck up. that makes 1 "normal" korean that i know.

25. aaron12345
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 06:54:06

damn i want to be korean now O.O

26. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Sep 3 2011 01:22:39

Thanks guys ;(

27. Hyukan
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 04:55:03

Lol this thread better be a troll thread, honestly it depends on where you live... psychologically it only depends on that, rich people tend to be stuck up, and seeing as how where you live there are rich koreans, that brings me to believe that they are just stuck up rich people,yea? fuck off will you with this "koreans and their egos" shit. here in virginia we dont talk shit about other people, we talk shit about ourselves because we arent full of ourselves.

28. Clyde
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 05:18:53

shoeman6 wrote: I agree, the koreans I know seems pretty stuck up, or just asian people in general ( might just be because there are a majority of koreans here ) That's one thing that turned me off to other asians. Of course, it has to do with people in general having huge ego's but with some korean people you can just sense it. You get the same vibe from some snobby older people who feel like they need to teach you manners or something. And then you see koreans sticking together and talking shit about other people. Same goes for everyone else, but it's a pattern, here at least. Also, it might have to do with the fact that they're a minority, and need to have a somewhat inflated ego to compete with the world around them. I would expand it to asians in general though. I know I have an inflated ego myself, but I think it's pretty human, koreans just seem to be more open about it. Some humble is good as well.
    yup I think of that also, because they're only few and they need to have high ego to compete w/ others, same with blacks in PH, we only had 1 black student in the high school campus 2008~2010, he's all tough and shit, showing off his body, how strong he is, etc., well he can show off and be cocky anyway since he's the son of the ambassador of Nigeria. I hate it too when Koreans group up but don't generally hate them for being Koreans, I just get that feeling that they do talk shit about others lol

29. Tomohiro
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 05:56:27

Hyukan it's just one of Boshi's rant about Saratoga, CA. People here are pretty much self centered in general plus a lot of them just try to be nice but in the end just use you for their academic/social advantages... It's weird but you just have to experience it to understand. SO i mean can't blame him I kind of hate this place too sometimes :unsure: It's a completely different neighborhood from Virginia so i hope you understand lol.

30. boshi
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 06:04:44

^thank you. and no its not because they're just rich, cuz theres lots of rich people here who aren't korean. and i talk shit about myself all the time. i wouldnt really consider this talking shit about them, just stating an observation: (9+?)/10 koreans that i know(thats all of them) are stuck up and full of themselves, and it really sickens me. i am no way bashing on them, it's just something i've noticed and it makes me curious. there are other people here who are stuck up that aren't korean.