UPSB v4

Off-topic / Drums Thread

1. Mike
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 07:39:54

Ice Cobra wrote: lol yea i have a cover ;] ill post it :] will you be jealous if i tell you that i met them backstage before a show and they all signed my cymbal, and i got 2 of Romeo's guitar picks ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYyksRJeauc
    Actually, I would be. God, I want to start learning drums again D: From what I can see, you have a snare (duhlol), 3 mounted toms(?), 2 ground, octobans (above the grounds toms, I can't tell), some toms to your left O_o, hi-hat, 3 chinas, a ride, 2 crash, a splash, and a single bass drum? With the double bass pedals set up obviously :D lol, how accurate was I?

2. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 14:42:32

Mike wrote: Actually, I would be. God, I want to start learning drums again D: From what I can see, you have a snare (duhlol), 3 mounted toms(?), 2 ground, octobans (above the grounds toms, I can't tell), some toms to your left O_o, hi-hat, 3 chinas, a ride, 2 crash, a splash, and a single bass drum? With the double bass pedals set up obviously :D lol, how accurate was I?
    hehe i did meet them ;] BUT yea i have 3 mounted. in this vid i had 2 aabove the bass and 1 to the side. i have 3 chinas but broke one so i have 2. also have 2 splashes. you cant see the A custom one cuz the Z crash covers it. oh and you forgot a zil bel ;D

3. Mike
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 20:16:09

Ice Cobra wrote: hehe i did meet them ;] BUT yea i have 3 mounted. in this vid i had 2 aabove the bass and 1 to the side. i have 3 chinas but broke one so i have 2. also have 2 splashes. you cant see the A custom one cuz the Z crash covers it. oh and you forgot a zil bel ;D
    Oh ha ha I have never heard of a Zil Bel I thought it was just a miniature China ha ha

4. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 21:10:06

sweet shit dude, symphony x is one of the best, saw them live like 3-4 times

5. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 21:47:31

mike - hahaha nah its not a mini china ;D its a sweet bell :] rings forever! zombo - YES! they're very talented guys! did they play 'The Odyssey' as an encore?

6. Mike
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 21:53:39

Oh my- I would kill to see The Odyssey live ha ha Freaking 25 minutes of freaking awesomeness EDIT: Ice, I have a question. I want to get a drumset. Should I get an electric, or a real one? If so, which do you recommend? I kind of wanted this as a real one :D http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tama-Imperialstar-8-piece-Double-Bass-Drum-Set-878871-i1452394.gc

7. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 02:39:07

Mike wrote: Oh my- I would kill to see The Odyssey live ha ha Freaking 25 minutes of freaking awesomeness EDIT: Ice, I have a question. I want to get a drumset. Should I get an electric, or a real one? If so, which do you recommend? I kind of wanted this as a real one :D http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tama-Imperialstar-8-piece-Double-Bass-Drum-Set-878871-i1452394.gc
    :] hmmm lets see here. if ur a techno d00d then i say go elektro ;D but if not, then probs stick to a real one! but yea, if your a beginner, i say just a normal tama imperial star. not the 8 piece xD but, if you feel up to the idea, then i say go for it :]] i have a gretsch catalina birch ^_^ Gretsch catalina club mod sets are nice too, if your looking for simplistic ^_^

8. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:07:36

Ice Cobra wrote: :] hmmm lets see here. if ur a techno d00d then i say go elektro ;D but if not, then probs stick to a real one! but yea, if your a beginner, i say just a normal tama imperial star. not the 8 piece xD but, if you feel up to the idea, then i say go for it :]] i have a gretsch catalina birch ^_^ Gretsch catalina club mod sets are nice too, if your looking for simplistic ^_^
    Ha ha well the only reason I wanted to get the 8 piece was because it's close to a full(?) set than the others, if you know what I mean. I would rather get it like that then have to upgrade later. Even though upgrading cymbals will probably be a lot more expensive lol

9. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:10:49

ahahah yea mike, i understand 100% i had to upgrade mine...and it was SOO expensive :x so if u got all the drums now, all you hafta worry about are the cymbals. i suggest Zyldjian....cymbals are way too expensive x[

10. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:46:41

I know! I thought that a decent cynbal pack would be like 100-200 dollars but it's more like 500-700 O_o

11. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 04:04:02

hahha! its so true!!! especially if you want K customs!! 0.0

12. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 04:45:21

Ice Cobra wrote: hahha! its so true!!! especially if you want K customs!! 0.0
    Question. Drumsticks. Which would be good to get? I have these that I got for Guitar Hero (lol) and I was just wondering if it mattered?

13. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 14:10:17

Mike wrote: Question. Drumsticks. Which would be good to get? I have these that I got for Guitar Hero (lol) and I was just wondering if it mattered?
    lol they will do for now :] i would stick to either Vic Firth 5A's OR Pro Mark Shiri Kashi Oak :P

14. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 21:53:31

Ice Cobra wrote: lol they will do for now :] i would stick to either Vic Firth 5A's OR Pro Mark Shiri Kashi Oak :P
    Does it matter if their nylon or just normal wood tipped?

15. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 04:23:07

i prefer wood, to get a more natural sound ^_^ if u want a ping from the cymbal, try the nylon, its all personal taste :]

16. Taikutsu
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 04:36:20

Anyone here in drumline? I've played cymbals in my freshmen year and now I'm playing bass four.

17. Mike
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 07:43:46

Ice Cobra wrote: i prefer wood, to get a more natural sound ^_^ if u want a ping from the cymbal, try the nylon, its all personal taste :]
    Ah alright then He he, I gotta go play some real drums again

18. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:11:22

Taikutsu wrote: Anyone here in drumline? I've played cymbals in my freshmen year and now I'm playing bass four.
    yup, i play snare ^_^ i marched sooo many parades xD NYC st.patricks day was the biggest. i was in a scottish bagpipe&drum band :P

19. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:12:14

Mike wrote: Ah alright then He he, I gotta go play some real drums again
    go for it brutha! ^_^

20. Taikutsu
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 04:53:22

Ice Cobra wrote: yup, i play snare ^_^ i marched sooo many parades xD NYC st.patricks day was the biggest. i was in a scottish bagpipe&drum band :P
    Wow, the only parades I've marched were here in Hawaii. I'm in the Pearl City High School Charger Marching Band and Color Guard.

21. ION
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:00:32

I played quints for 3 years for drumline/winterguard.

22. Taikutsu
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:08:28

ION wrote: I played quints for 3 years for drumline/winterguard.
    I remember that you told me that before :D

23. mintypaladin
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:35:16

XD only mallet player here

24. Taikutsu
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:53:08

mintypaladin wrote: XD only mallet player here
    your in the pit?

25. Ice Cobra
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 00:39:08

NICE!!! i play mallets too ;] but i play all percussion...im going to be a drum major in college though ;D last summer i borrowed marimba's from school, currently i got some vibes :] but thats cool that theres other percussionists to talk to ^_^