UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey everyone, I feel hopeless without even starting...

1. FlightOne28
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 01:59:54

Hey, I'm FlightOne28, and I just started. Watching everyone do amazing tricks makes me feel like I'll never get anywhere. I would like to watch videos of people pen spinning, but youtube doesn't work on my computer- so I would I appreciate it if someone could give me a step by step guide of how to do simple tricks (in your own words, I already read every other guide) of how to do simple tricks such as the sonic, middle finger twirl around thingy, etc.That would really help me build a solid foundation-Thanks!

2. FlightOne28
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 02:02:07

If there's anything I can do at school to practice, that would be great too

3. LongCK
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 02:09:18

welcome to UPSB I'm LongCK nice to meet you where do you live ? I live in Virginia

4. Dris
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 02:32:08

Welcome, and welcome. Greetings from Michigan. Enjoy your stay!

5. Bleevlee
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 02:42:17

Hello. The key to penspinning is practice. Just practice, and you'll be way awesomer than me, because I suck. :( Welcome here :D

6. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 02:44:00

I agree with Bleevlee. About practice, not him sucking. Just practice when ever you can. Just not in class. BAD IDEA.

7. Quake
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 03:11:28

first off, :welcome: to UPSB. i hope you have a fun time while you penspin. now to your situation. if you have an iphone or itouch you can get this penspinning guide : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/penspinning/id357416537?mt=8 .. i havent tried it so i cant say it'll be perfect but best of luck. any questions? feel free to ask me or any of the other spinners. everyone here is pretty chill. anyways spin that pen bro :D you'll be great.

8. n3wby
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 06:44:52

hi there =D don't worry, i felt hopeless when i started too. like everyone said, just practice, but don't start with heavy pens like a Buster CYl or anything like that untill you've got the basics. TA (thumbaround)= push with your middle finger and catch with your index. hold the pen a bit outside the center of balance.

9. dimhoLt
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 11:49:26

Like n3wby says, it can be dangerous to start out using a heavy pen, but personally, I think the quickest and best way to learn is to learn the trick with an easy pen. When you've learned the trick, you can refine it using a lighter, more difficult pen =) Follow the method that suits you best! Regarding losing hope in the future, don't =) We all did. Once you've learned Sonic and Thumbaround, you can create your first cool combo, and from there, it just keeps going ;) You don't have to learn too much before it becomes cool =) Does YouTube not work because of local restrictions, or for technical reasons? Figured you should be able to find good tuts somewhere else =) EDIT: I remembered an insight I got when learning Thumbaround - make sure to keep the thumb bent, or the pen won't have anything to spin around =) Good luck!

10. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 12:37:35

Starting with a traditional mod or unmodded pen will teach you to learn how to progress in spinning, weighted mods teach you fast but not well.

11. Raos
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 17:00:42

:welcome:

12. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 18:10:38

Everyone was a newb before, come on. I felt the same thing when I first started. Greetz from Thailand here, though. And :welcome: Hope you enjoy the forum. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

13. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 23:16:41

:welcome: It takes time, but in a year or two if you stick with it, you'll be pretty good.

14. FlightOne28
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 23:33:20

Thanks for all of your greetings. Two quick questions: 1. What is a good pen to start with that is common and everyone has (bic etc.)? 2. I can't finish the middle finger spin thingy (I think it's called a charge). I can't catch it with my thumb- any tips? Thanks

15. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 23:35:17

RSVP, or a pencil are both good choices. If it is charge you don't catch it at all, it never leaves the slot and you don't want to stop it, you wann be able to charge all day long.

16. FlightOne28
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 23:37:52

What is the one where spin it around your middle finger- or should I learn another trick first? What is the first trick you recommend me trying, sorry to be a noob.

17. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 23:41:43

if its going around your middle finger entirely its a middle around. if its going half way around up to your thumb it would be a neo sonic. I would reccomend starting with thumbaround, it goes around your thumb, fingerpass, charge, and sonic. Those are considered the fundamentals.

18. FlightOne28
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 23:43:56

Do you mind giving a brief guide on how to do a thumbaround? It would really help! Just a few steps

19. Van
    Date: Sat, Aug 20 2011 01:32:55

i think he meant sonic when he meant "going around the middle finger"

20. Vaan
    Date: Sat, Aug 20 2011 06:26:34

practice comes with liking us on facebook ^^

21. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Aug 20 2011 07:30:26

shoeman6 wrote: Starting with a traditional mod or unmodded pen will teach you to learn how to progress in spinning, weighted mods teach you fast but not well.
    greeting from canada btw what about our trade