UPSB v4

General Discussion / Communication Through Pen Spinning

1. Bam!
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41:43

Has anyone ever come to think of people communicating through spinning instead of the sign language? lol A - TA B- REVERSE TA C- SONIC etc.. Imagine those people chatting, they keep on spinning pens. lol

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:55:55

This might be used actually, but it would have to be really slow spinning, is basically just a breakdown of all the tricks but each one has a single meaning of a letter, and if you did try to do this it wouldn't be smooth because some letters/tricks don't perform smoothly after another. Good idea imo but maybe just single words, not whole conversations or sentences.

3. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 14:22:50

thats so crazy! that requires like 26 different tricks! so you gotta be kinda good in order to speak 'pen spin' ;]

4. davidguy
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 15:14:34

oh god a sentence using this would take forever @_@

5. Kari-Chan
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 22:49:00

so what happens if you suddenly break into a freestyle?

6. Cooper
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 22:56:44

Kari-Chan wrote: so what happens if you suddenly break into a freestyle?
    It means your spamming :P

7. Kirby
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 22:57:37

the same thing as mashing your fingers randomly on a keyboard :xd:

8. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 23:29:11

ive actually thought about this.. but the thing was that things would look chaotic since things wouldnt flow.. but i thought that it would make a great cheating technique on test at school for multiple choice XD like tapping ur pen on ur desk to represent the next question and a certain trick would represent a letter or something.. but kinda complex and i think the teacher would get the drift XD and like david guy said, it would take FOREVER to spin out a sentence..

9. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 06:30:50

It would be really difficult to come up with an entire sentence because there it would be difficult to get the right slot for each letter. For instance, if you wanna' say wow, and o is a TA. and and w is a sonic, how would you link that up. It is a really cool idea if you could pull it of though. I would say if you create your own set of letters for each trick in each combo, it would make this idea much more easier to pull off.

10. Taikutsu
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 06:51:11

Catfish and myself sat next to each other in the same English class last school year. Whenever there was a test or exam we communicated the answers through a system. A would be thumb around, B would be sonic, C would be twisted sonic, D would be shadow. If we needed help and had to get each others attention, we would just do some flashy freestyle. And if we needed a repeat, we would do a figure 8. Using our communications, we both passed the class with A's.

11. k-ryder
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 08:38:30

Taikutsu wrote: Catfish and myself sat next to each other in the same English class last school year. Whenever there was a test or exam we communicated the answers through a system. A would be thumb around, B would be sonic, C would be twisted sonic, D would be shadow. If we needed help and had to get each others attention, we would just do some flashy freestyle. And if we needed a repeat, we would do a figure 8. Using our communications, we both passed the class with A's.
    i am technically against cheating, but i applaud your ingenuity but i dont think complete sentenses will work with pen spinning, with all the slot problems, and distinguishing end of one trick and beginning of another but i think the idea of simple communication, multi-choice answers, yes/no answers etc. could work i'm imagining some sort of james bond spy sequence here

12. Kari-Chan
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 15:51:49

Taikutsu wrote: Catfish and myself sat next to each other in the same English class last school year. Whenever there was a test or exam we communicated the answers through a system. A would be thumb around, B would be sonic, C would be twisted sonic, D would be shadow. If we needed help and had to get each others attention, we would just do some flashy freestyle. And if we needed a repeat, we would do a figure 8. Using our communications, we both passed the class with A's.
    O.o you be careful that your teacher doesn't check this O.o

13. miyat
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 16:02:51

This is a pretty cool idea lol. Too bad no one in my school spins lol. It could work well with numbers too. Like 1 could be TA and 2 would be rev. Then some how it could make 12 lol. Maybe good for remembering stuff like a phone number or license plate. Just make a combo and remember it instead of the letters/numbers.

14. Poseidon
    Date: Thu, Jul 22 2010 06:07:20

Heh I can imagine you actually trying to implement that when getting a phone number for a date.

15. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 04:34:55

so one of you is an ace and the other sucks and leeched off all the answers?

16. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 04:51:46

make morse code lol. TA = dot. TA rev = dash xD