UPSB v4

Naming Committee / [topic][5.7] 2p1h nomenclature suggestion.

1. Hexbinmos
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 22:33:36

[B]2p1h nomenclature suggestion.[/B] By Phlogistique and Hexbinmos
    In order to be able to break down combos using simultaneously several pens and some interactions between them, we suggest to : [LIST=1] [*]add the separator // used between two tricks/combos, meaning that at least one part of the first trick/combo is done during at least one part of the second trick/combo. [*]allocate the letters H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O to the pens used during the combo. [*]allow to designate with which pen a trick is executed by specifying its letter between brackets. [*]allow to designate the motionless and unused pens' position with the notation (pen_letter=slot) [*]allow the use of a letter as finger (zone) in a slot. [*]in some cases, you will have to add a time indicator [t x] in order to note a temporal point in a combo. Each occurence of [t] with the same name represents the same temporal point. [*]create the trick "PenSwift". This designation only makes sense in 2P1H: PenSwift consists in rotating the pen (for instance, H) between two fingers so that another pen can pass (for instance, I). If the PenSwift weren't executed, the pen H would block the trick of the pen I. In the other hand, if the pen I weren't there , the movement of the pen H would be quite insignificant, looking like a half tipped charge. [/LIST] Examples : 1:
      [*]Charge 34 // Charge 12 → charges 34 and charge 12 executed simultaneously [*]Sonic > TA // Charge 34 > Ringaround release → the charge 34 begins just before that the TA begins
    3:
      [*](H) TA // (I) Neosonic // (J) charge 34 // (K) Neosonic reverse
    4:
      [*](H=T1) fingerpass → the fingerpass is done with another pen while the pen H is hold in T1
    5:
      [*](H=T12) TA 0.5 12-H > TA rev 0.5 H-12 → kind of counter TA interrupted and returned by the pen hold in T12 [*](H=T12) TA 0.5 12-12 [p][s 0.5] ~ TA rev 0.5 12-12 [p H][s 0.5][c] → more exact notation for the same trick
    6:
      [*]Thumbspin 5.0 [p][s 2.0][t a][s 1.0][t b][s 2.0][c] // Neosonic release [p][t a][s][t b][c] → the neosonic is executed during the thumbspin's third rotation. [*]Stall > Stall Riser [p][t lol that's sick][s][t rofl] > Stall // Thumbspin 5.0 [SIZE=2][p][s 2.0][t lol that's sick][s 1.0][t rofl][s 2.0][c] → very hard trick [/SIZE] [*]Ringspin 5.0 [SIZE=2][p][s 2.0][t a][s 1.0][t b][s 2.0][c] // Pinkyspin 5.0 [p][s 2.0][t b][s 1.0][t a][s 2.0][c] → REALLY hard minicombo ;) (possible with a timeback machine)[/SIZE]
    7: Pass 23-34 // Penswift [SIZE=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCpdur5d54[/SIZE] Other ideas :
      [*]Create a trick called "hold" or "nothing" or "null" to indicate when a pen is motionless. Allows to delete the need of "=": we just have to note the previous counter TA like this : hold T12 // TA 0.5 12-12 [p][s 0.5] ~ TA rev 0.5 12-12 [p H][s 0.5][c] [LIST] [*]enables the omission of the trick's name when the pen is "hold". [*]It has for advantage to specify when a pen pauses, which may happen when we note a combo that runs while another pen is moving. [*]defect : more wordy notation than "(H=T12)"
    [*]Enable to give miscellaneous names to the pens
      [*]permits to be more descriptive: (red MX) TA // (bonky KT) Neosonic [*]in this case, the pen's name stays between brackets, even when noted in a slot: [*](red MX=T12) TA 0.5 12-(red MX) > TA rev 0.5 (red MX)-12 [*]Warning: "Stall (red MX)" =/= "(red MX) Stall". The first one is a stall ON the red MX, the second one is a stall WITH the red MX.
    [/LIST]

2. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Apr 13 2012 17:23:04

@Iota My personal opinion is that it's too cluttered and could be simplified.

3. Iota
    Date: Sat, Apr 14 2012 20:47:35

I would agree with @shoeman6, but I like the idea, and in particular that method of determining which pen would be used (assuming it'd only be written with number of pens two or more of course)