UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Im fed up

1. Colin
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 05:16:08

Serious responses only, PLEASE. This has been bothering me for the past 5 months. Bothering me more than the passing of my grandpa. Thats too much. Ill try to keep it as short as possible. My ex wants to go back to HER current ex, not me. Now mind you that this is NONE of my business, but I still care for her as I did from day 1. I dont want to go back to her, nor do I have any intentions. She's the only real (and by real I mean one that I can literally go to and fro, not online friends) friend I have left. Everyone else is either drinking, blazing, working out or partying. I never fit in. Back to the story. He had no intention of getting into a relationship with her, but he used her. He threatened to kill me, and to remove me from the picture so that nothing stood in his way of getting what he needed to get from her; sex. Their whole relationship was based on sex. That's all he wanted. He had NO DISADVANTAGE in that relationship. She paid for both their dinners, their movie tickets, she paid for whatever they did, despite the cost. He's trying to persuade to get back with her. Quote: "David's trying to change. But I can assure you he did care about me. Whatever you guys did to each other to make one another ahte each other, i need you both to just please stop. No, right now we're not together, he will say sorry. Dont hold anything personal. If I decide to go back to himn, you need to understand. I hate your friend too, but i dont tell you to unfriend her regardless of what she's said to me. Its like what he's saidto you. He didnt mean it I assure you. HE was scared that I was gonna let him go. He's weak too. Just hear me out." So, what do I do now? Im sick and tired of dealing with this shit, and I just cant "forget it". Help. Please.

2. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 05:18:42

Colin wrote: He threatened to kill me, and to remove me from the picture so that nothing stood in his way of getting what he needed to get from her; sex.
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon Also, you should just murder him. (Make it fancy.)

3. AoD1
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 05:21:14

nateiskewl wrote: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon Also, you should just murder him. (Make it fancy.)
    fancy as in?

4. Jazz
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 05:58:06

talk about upsb being a family well... i would suggest talking to your ex, and your ex's "ex". tell your ex what you think, real feelings.. tell her what you think he wants in this relationship(sex) to the "ex", go man to man, face to face talking, no pussyass ranting or fighting , try to make a point to him. change will not be necessary imo. wish you luck!

5. sweetlovin
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 06:04:04

Man if that prick touched me, I'd rip his shit. But seriously, get new friends?

6. Kari
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 06:43:42

Jazz wrote: talk about upsb being a family well... i would suggest talking to your ex, and your ex's "ex". tell your ex what you think, real feelings.. tell her what you think he wants in this relationship(sex) to the "ex", go man to man, face to face talking, no pussyass ranting or fighting , try to make a point to him. change will not be necessary imo. wish you luck!
    I don't think that will work. Because I personally think he will lie to get what he wants. What I think is that you should tell her your feelings of the situation. Tell her how you feel about her. At this point you should be telling her that it's you or him. If she chooses to be with him, that's her choice. If she does choose him, you can't stay. That's the only thing I can see happening. You need to let her make the decision. All or nothing.

7. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 08:08:40

If I were you I'll let the matter drop, since your ex doesn't want to talk about it. But I'll keep an eye on both of them, but not being too involved. She had the choice to think about what you said, but she didn't.

8. Sky
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 10:49:54

Just tell her to be mindful of him, telling her that he is going to Hump her is useless, she aint going to believe that , if she does than good . By telling her to not let her guard down, you have done what you can as a friend . Goodluck.

9. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Aug 15 2011 16:22:24

Step 1. Make some friends (not online ones, ones you can go to and fro you know) Step 2. Stop talking to her Step 3. Be more manly (read the bottom of page 161 here; http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/~econ/ugcm/3ll3/aristotle/Ethics.pdf) imitate the better type of person Colin! Seriously dude, you're gonna fuck up your life if you keep this up.

10. Surge
    Date: Tue, Aug 16 2011 00:58:07

Colin;126395]Serious responses only, PLEASE. This has been bothering me for the past 5 months. Bothering me more than the passing of my grandpa. Thats too much. Ill try to keep it as short as possible. My ex wants to go back to HER current ex, not me. Now mind you that this is NONE of my business, but I still care for her as I did from day 1. I dont want to go back to her, nor do I have any intentions. [/QUOTE] Holdddddd the phone. You still care for her, but you neither want nor have any intention of trying to get her back? Contradiction aside, what a spineless coward! [QUOTE=Colin;126395] She's the only real (and by real I mean one that I can literally go to and fro, not online friends) friend I have left. Everyone else is either drinking, blazing, working out or partying. I never fit in. [/QUOTE] Soooo... you're disillusioned by the pleasure-seeking nature of young people, and can only find solace in a prude (apparently a slutty one)? Maybe you're just bad at making friends. (Considering your only real friend is a loser who dumped you for an even bigger fool, this seems obvious) Also, your identity crisis is pathetic. You sound like a posterboy for emotionally-distressed teens. [QUOTE=Colin;126395] Back to the story. He had no intention of getting into a relationship with her, but he used her. He threatened to kill me, and to remove me from the picture so that nothing stood in his way of getting what he needed to get from her; sex. [/QUOTE] Sounds like he's the kind of man that knows what he wants and knows how to get it. You really think this loser is going to attempt to kill you? Come the fuck on. Plus, if your "one true friend" is not "partying, drinking, and blazing" all the time, but rather fucking some dipshit because she has no sense of self-worth, methinks you'd be better off with the party crowd. Just sayin'~ [QUOTE=Colin;126395] Their whole relationship was based on sex. That's all he wanted. He had NO DISADVANTAGE in that relationship. She paid for both their dinners, their movie tickets, she paid for whatever they did, despite the cost.[/QUOTE] Newsfash, evolution is your unquestioned master. Sex is its unquestioned means of propagation. What's wrong with sex-based relationships? Men use women for sex, women use men for support. Feminists can suck my tiny, white cock. That is the way of the world. Also, you're painting this bitch of yours into more and more of a worthless, insecure whore. Is that really the kind of friend you want? Jesus man, gag-worthy, that. [QUOTE=Colin;126395] He's trying to persuade to get back with her. Quote: "David's trying to change. But I can assure you he did care about me. Whatever you guys did to each other to make one another ahte each other, i need you both to just please stop. No, right now we're not together, he will say sorry. Dont hold anything personal. If I decide to go back to himn, you need to understand.[/QUOTE] So... the insecure whore is up for round two? Let her have it, I say. Stop mulling over this like a middle-aged widow does a cheap romance novel. Seriously. [QUOTE=Colin wrote: I hate your friend too, but i dont tell you to unfriend her regardless of what she's said to me. Its like what he's saidto you. He didnt mean it I assure you. HE was scared that I was gonna let him go. He's weak too. Just hear me out." So, what do I do now? Im sick and tired of dealing with this shit, and I just cant "forget it". Help. Please.
    You're sick and tired of eating those canned beans: by jove you aren't gonna quit eating them. Au contraire mon frère, it's time to stock the fucking pantry! This is not a troll post. Just being honest. :|

11. Tialys
    Date: Tue, Aug 16 2011 20:15:58

It's normal to want to help people we care about, but intervening in these types of situations often exacerbates things. Offering gratuitous advice to someone who is naive has a low success rate because they'd rather stick to their delusions than accept the possibility they could be wrong. In any case, don't force her to take sides. Just be there for her, let her make her mistakes, and catch her when she falls. It really sucks, but that's how people ultimately learn.

12. exclusive
    Date: Thu, Aug 18 2011 02:30:44

Tialys wrote: It's normal to want to help people we care about, but intervening in these types of situations often exacerbates things. Offering gratuitous advice to someone who is naive has a low success rate because they'd rather stick to their delusions than accept the possibility they could be wrong. In any case, don't force her to take sides. Just be there for her, let her make her mistakes, and catch her when she falls. It really sucks, but that's how people ultimately learn.
    are u a guidance consellor ? lol

13. funnky
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 01:55:51

kill yourself. that should help