UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hi Everybody!

1. Kuyanator
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 15:00:14

Pleased to meet you! Apparently I've been spinning since high school and I didn't even know it. What was once a habit out of boredom is now I found to be the "thumbaround" and the "fingerpass". Lastnight I just made my first pen mod; the RSVG2... I like the idea of form and function. Lessons learned: I like modding; my hands are larger than I thought; I like heavy pens Thank you all in advance for I really look forward to learning from all of you. Cheers! - Kuya

2. fang
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 15:11:52

Welcome on UPSB and enjoy ur stay. interesting mod, You say you like heavy mods, but that mod doesn't look heavy at all!~

3. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 15:35:43

OLD DUDE INCOMING? :welcome: to UPSB, youll meet some cool people here :D

4. Kuyanator
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 16:38:08

fang wrote: Welcome on UPSB and enjoy ur stay. interesting mod, You say you like heavy mods, but that mod doesn't look heavy at all!~
    Thanks! It is a light mod... and I find it a little difficult to use. However, it is my first mod, and I kinda picked it based on the looks and not so much for the specs. I would like to find a heavier mod or I might try to make it heavier. I like the weight of the Pilot Namiki FP. Any suggestions?

5. Kuyanator
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 16:58:14

Jazz wrote: OLD DUDE INCOMING? :welcome: to UPSB, youll meet some cool people here :D
    Thank you Jazz!

6. fang
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 17:18:28

Hmm, the pen look like a onmodded Pilot G2, Where is it made of?!~

7. Kuyanator
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 17:43:34

fang wrote: Hmm, the pen look like a onmodded Pilot G2, Where is it made of?!~
    Hi Fang. It's the RSVG2 mod I found in the UPSB wiki. It's basically a G2 with the cap of an RSVP. I didn't shave of the clip of the cap, I kind of like it. It adds about an inch in length overall to the G2 and still retains the retractability of the ink.

8. fang
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 17:52:44

Kuyanator wrote: Hi Fang. It's the RSVG2 mod I found in the UPSB wiki. It's basically a G2 with the cap of an RSVP. I didn't shave of the clip of the cap, I kind of like it. It adds about an inch in length overall to the G2 and still retains the retractability of the ink. http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/Kuyanator/59b983a5.jpg
    ah, I see.... I don't know alot of pens and mods. Hmm, does it spin good, cuz maybe I should make it as well!~

9. Kuyanator
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 18:37:56

Since I'm only a beginner who knows two tricks, I am not qualified to say whether or not it spins well. All I can say, for the two tricks I know (thumbaround and fingerpass), it's not too bad. However, I do find it a bit too light for my taste.

10. ricesi
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 19:06:54

Kuyanator wrote: Pleased to meet you! Apparently I've been spinning since high school and I didn't even know it. What was once a habit out of boredom is now I found to be the "thumbaround" and the "fingerpass". Lastnight I just made my first pen mod; the RSVG2... I like the idea of form and function. Lessons learned: I like modding; my hands are larger than I thought; I like heavy pens Thank you all in advance for I really look forward to learning from all of you. Cheers! - Kuya http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/Kuyanator/348c04b5.jpg
    welcome to upsb! thats a nice mod, but if u want to make it heavier, u might want to add cut profile or anyball grips to both ends.

11. Kuyanator
    Date: Wed, Aug 10 2011 20:26:37

Thank you Ricesi! I might just do that.