UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / How to Attach G3 Tips to Comssa Caps

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 00:42:08

Blargh

2. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 00:43:31

cant you just use those zebra telescopic tubes or bic click pens?

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 00:54:12

The Bic method used in Thnikk's white comssa isn't as stable as using these nubs. What do you mean by the telescopic tubes? Edit: Of course this takes a little bit more modding and more time however your efforts are awarded with stability.

4. hoiboy
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 02:03:44

YOUR DESK D: Does this work with Signos?

5. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 02:06:02

hoiboy wrote: YOUR DESK D: Does this work with Signos?
    Technically you could screw them on but they don't go over the entire nub piece that sticks out of the comssa cap so you'd need to sand and cut and do more modding. G3 tips are just much cleaner with this method.

6. GigaByte
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 06:49:54

really helpful thx @Nachoaddict

7. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 09:24:38

Cloud wrote: cant you just use those zebra telescopic tubes or bic click pens?
    Thnikk's method won't work. The inside of the tips aren't long enough or big enough for the bic clic stics to be stable enough to hold it, even with tape. It's mainly for the signo tip because it has a cylindrical shape inside of the tip.

8. Starryz97
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 11:31:03

i have a more easy method: just screw on hgg tip on comssa cap, warp teflon and screw G3 tip on, fits on tightly

9. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:13:35

Then that wouldn't be a G3-tipped comssa already <_<

10. hoyeesuan
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 13:35:08

Nachoaddict wrote: Blargh
    Colourtwin caps are a bit costly

11. J74Q
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 14:24:38

hoyeesuan wrote: Colourtwin caps are a bit costly
    small caps...

12. hoyeesuan
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 14:34:08

i know.... can b used 4 other things too wad

13. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 16:31:16

J74Q;123646]small caps...[/QUOTE] They are the big caps actually. Sorry that wasn't clear >_< [QUOTE=Starryz97;123626]i have a more easy method: just screw on hgg tip on comssa cap, warp teflon and screw G3 tip on, fits on tightly[/QUOTE] The teflon tape is meant to be flexible. After a while, it won't be as tight and you'll have to wrap a bit more of tape. If you don't want to have to maintenance your caps, this is a much more efficient method. And as Alvaris has said it will be heavier than just the G3 tips. [QUOTE=hoyeesuan;123640]Colourtwin caps are a bit costly[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=hoyeesuan wrote: i know.... can b used 4 other things too wad
    Do you own a Dr. KT? You can still use the caps after you've hollowed them out for that mod. You hollow out the caps for mods such as the SEVEN watercolor and Mirror Tip Mod. It's just utilizing a spare part. I mean how many mods actually require that nub piece?

14. hoyeesuan
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 03:58:06

Nachoaddict wrote: They are the big caps actually. Sorry that wasn't clear >_< The teflon tape is meant to be flexible. After a while, it won't be as tight and you'll have to wrap a bit more of tape. If you don't want to have to maintenance your caps, this is a much more efficient method. And as Alvaris has said it will be heavier than just the G3 tips. Do you own a Dr. KT? You can still use the caps after you've hollowed them out for that mod. You hollow out the caps for mods such as the SEVEN watercolor and Mirror Tip Mod. It's just utilizing a spare part. I mean how many mods actually require that nub piece?
    product sc, personal mod

15. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 00:15:09

hoyeesuan wrote: product sc, personal mod
    Yes the Product SC mod uses the small cap. I'm using the big cap. I assume that you assumed it was the small cap so I think this doesn't apply to your personal mod either.

16. Soren
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 19:07:28

other than a bic barrel what can i use?

17. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 21:40:07

Supergirl wrote: other than a bic barrel what can i use?
    My method doesn't involve a bic barrel whatsoever ._. lol it uses the CT cap nubs.

18. Soren
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 14:36:44

Nachoaddict wrote: My method doesn't involve a bic barrel whatsoever ._. lol it uses the CT cap nubs.
    you use the bic body on top of the ct cap nubs, and you bash on the bic body ...i dont have bics, what is a possible sub?

19. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 15:27:06

Supergirl wrote: you use the bic body on top of the ct cap nubs, and you bash on the bic body ...i dont have bics, what is a possible sub?
    Oh that's what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol >< You can try ballsign bodies. They are close to bic bodies but not exactly the same but I think they can work. I don't remember if I've confirmed that they work but it's worth a shot if you don't have access to bics.

20. Soren
    Date: Mon, Oct 17 2011 15:32:26

Nachoaddict wrote: Oh that's what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol >< You can try ballsign bodies. They are close to bic bodies but not exactly the same but I think they can work. I don't remember if I've confirmed that they work but it's worth a shot if you don't have access to bics.
    i dont have ballsign bodies either =[ oh well, thanks for helping anyways (: